• Published 27th Jul 2015
  • 309 Views, 2 Comments

My Little Pony: The Element of Space - Thunderwing250



A familar enemy returns, bent on reconquering Equestria. Only this time, he's going full-force leaving nothing standing in his way. Luckily, an unsuspecting ally may hold the key to this enemy's defeat.

  • ...
 2
 309

Chapter 3: Two Paths

Splitting up, StoneColt walked out of Ponyville with Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, and the others. Twilight, the Archivist, and Doctor Hooves went to visit Applejack, Rarity, and Pinkie Pie. However, far above Equestria, a shadowy figure appeared, watching them like a hawk seeking its prey. Within seconds, it disappeared. Sensing an unusual presence the Archivist turned and looked up. Observing the area, she turned back without worry and proceeded. Soon the three arrived at Sweet Apple Acres where Applejack and Applebloom struggled to remove termites from one of their special apple trees.

“Dang, Termites. They’re eatin’ up my tree.” Applejack struggled.

“Yeah…and them apples as well. We don’t even know where they came from?” Applebloom commented.

Twilight observed the tree and noticed the termites were black and had orange spots on their backs. She rubbed her chin.

“Strange that I’ve never seen these kind of termites before…” she said.

“Let me see.” Doctor Hooves said as he walked up.

He observed the termites with a magnifying glass he had in his pocket. He spent a few minutes still observing the insects, but it was no good. That is until he noticed the spots on their backs, which he back away fast.

“Madame Archivist…you should see that?” Doctor Hooves said, handing over the magnifying glass.

She looked at him and observed his facial expression as if he saw a ghost. Curious, she took the magnifying glass and glanced at one termite with the orange spots. After studying it for a few minutes, she turned to Applejack and Applebloom.

“Ladies…do you know when you first came across this? Also, did you get any on your body?” she asked.

Applejack and Applebloom looked at one another.

“Ummm…yeah. We did get a few on us. Why? Are we gonna get cursed like that Poison Joke Plant?” Applejack said.

“No. I just want to make sure. And the time?” The Archivist replied.

“This morning.” Both Applejack and Applebloom replied.

“Madame Archivist…if I may…Girls, just as a precaution, please wash up.” Doctor Hooves stepped.

“O...K…” the both sisters said as they left the tree alone.

“Go with them Twilight. This is one of those times the Doctor and I need to have a little talk.” The Archivist mentioned.

“Sure.” Twilight responded following Applejack and Applebloom.

As they walked into the barn, Applejack turned to Twilight.

“Um…Twi, who’s that pony with the purple crystals on its tail. I’ve never seen her before?” Applejack whispered.

“I’ll tell you later. But, she is the daughter of Khaoios.” Twilight replied.

“SHE’S WHAT?” Applejack jumped.

Twilight closed Applejacks mouth to keep her quiet from the incident. The Archivist turned to look at the two, only to smile nervously. As they walked inside, Amethyst head dropped.

“Why do ponies treat me like I’m a demons daughter? I’ve done nothing wrong and they look at me like I’m no pony.” She sadly responded.

“Don’t do that to yourself, my little pony. They have much to learn, because as it stands your role will be very useful and thus you will become some pony of importance to them. Give it time for them to absorb your appearance as watch as they become much friendlier to you. Not to mention, if you want to understand the meaning of friendship, try staying close to them. When you learn from them, they will learn from you. I promise.” The Archivist replied.

Amethyst wiped away her tears, smiling. The Archivist smiled back, then turned to the infected tree. Doctor Hooves continued to study it, but could only come up with questions.

“Which one of the Bronco-Titans were capable of infecting trees with the use of termites. I’m beginning to believe this was Khaoios’ doing, but I doubt that.” She said.

“Xenxus perhaps. He is somewhat of a walking plague because of his sulfuric dioxide he breathes.” Doctor Hooves mentioned.

“Possibly. Let’s just hope that it’s nothing but normal termites biting for food.” The Archivist commented.

“I know what you mean.” Doctor Hooves said.

From the barn, Twilight, Applejack, and Applebloom peeked out, wondering what they were talking about. Taking it as somewhat of a joke, Applejack and Applebloom continued to their room for towels. Twilight looked out again but she didn’t take this as a joke. Something was up.

As they investigated the infected tree, StoneColt along with the other ponies continued their way to the coastline. On the way, Moonraker flew up to Rainbow Dash.

“So, Rainbow Dash. I hear you like to do “cool” things. Like sports, games, other things, if you know what I mean…” he said.

“Are you kiddin’? I love playing sports and games. Oh…Oh do you race my wings could use a nice stretch.” Rainbow Dash commented.

“Hey yeah…I sure know how to race.” Moonraker spoke boastfully.

“Pfft…you? Race? Moonraker, our brother, you are reckless when it comes to racing.” Mariner commented.

“Good in other sports, but racing…yeah…okay…” Orbiter replied.

“What?! I AM A GOOD RACER! I’m the best one out of all of you! I even proved it!” Moonraker yelled.

“Moonraker…the last time you raced, you hit a barn…” Mariner said.

“…then Moolissa…” Deep Impact continued.

“…then the window…” Orbiter continued.

“…then the mailbox…” New Horizon continued

“…oh wait…it gets better…the grand finale…Ol’ Stall’s rocking chair. Oh I remember his face when you broke his chair. Hilarious.” Voyager laughed hysterically.

“Oh golly…you thought it was funny. I had to pay for that chair so I shouldn’t be talking or laughing, Voyager!” StoneColt said loudly.

Moonraker laughed.

“That includes you, moron!” New Horizon yelled.

“Why you…” Moonraker snared.

“Nah…he’s cool to me.” Rainbow Dash said, putting her shoulder over Moonraker.

“Alrighty. Last one to the beach is a rotten egg!” Rainbow Dash flew away laughing.

“Oh you are so on.” Moonraker said making chase.

The remaining siblings followed them as fast as they could with Fluttershy and StoneColt behind. StoneColt sighed.

“Funny, they are all your ages, but Moonraker acts like a foal. But one thing he does maintain is his loyalty to his siblings.” He commented.

“Oh don’t worry. Rainbow Dash is exactly the same thing. She likes to show off a lot, but is always loyal to her friends. Not to mention, as much as she looks out for me, I look out for her. Same as New Horizon from what I saw.” Fluttershy replied.

“Hmm…I see. Perhaps you’re right. Now let’s hurry.” StoneColt said.

“Of course.” Fluttershy replied.