• Published 26th Jul 2015
  • 2,058 Views, 23 Comments

I Always win - Jade Crossroads



Discord has made a deal with Celestia, or rather the other way around, If Discord can refrain from falling for the sweet mare Fluttershy, then she will not stand in his way. He already has everything, and they can't stop him, so... why not?

  • ...
13
 23
 2,058

Why Should I?

Chapter 1: Why should I?

"I've had enough of this Celestia!" I storm. Clenching my fists and glaring at the window in front of me.

Say, what an idea!

I snap and make a tornado and chocolate storm clouds flood and demolish the precious decor/ throne room. "If you will not allow my beautiful chaos I will have to do as I please, spreading it throughout the whole entirety of Equestria, if that's what I feel in the mood for."

She may have released me this time, but just as she had plans for me before my first imprisonment, Celestia has plans form me now, but I have no intentions of cooperating.

The infernal alicorn princess actually makes an attempt to stop me as I make this clear.

Me! The lord of chaos!

It was laughable at best, I easily dodged it, choosing to fly through the landscape portrayed in the stained glass windows, giggling as I added mustaches to her and Lulu's faces. Sunglasses on my own, making both appear in turn.

"Discord! My patience is growing thin, cease these actions immediately!" I look up from my laughter to see her glaring daggers in my direction.

"I'm sorry to inform you princess, but you have no power over me, no longer connected to the elements as you once were. Besides, you still hope to reform me. For your own purposes i might add, rather than for my sake." I say growing tired of this game with her and acting highly offended.

"Honestly, you're almost as manipulative as I, don't you ever tire of it Tia, hmmm?" I raise my eyebrow in an inquisitive manner, not holding my breath for the answer we both know to be true, but none the less.

"Whatever do you mean?" She says playing coy as usual. (at least she would be if she wasn’t so darn aggravated with my antics presently.)

"Oh really, I'm exactly your most loyal and faithful of subjects now am i? We have history you and I Tia, I know you like an open book, enough by now to say that I would never trust you or anyone else in this pitiful kingdom under your brainwashing light for that matter!"

"do you think me that kind of fool?"

"I know i can joke around better than the next, err.. pony, though has that ever made me blind to goings on and such? I am no fool Celestia, unless you in turn understand me that is, and have suddenly come to appreciate my tricks?" I leave my post inside of the windows to stand behind her, "Have you?" I glower looking down at her.

"Discord, you really want to do this, take over Equestria? Where will you be then? sure you ruled a long duration in the past, had a few laughs, but where did you end up, as you will this time if you pursue this route, as a stone statue."

"hmmm, I suppose not, a shame really." I say, suddenly across the room, replacing her throne with my own and propping my head on my lion paw.

"You know, this place isn't half bad. It's decent even, with a few minor changes, it's quite inviting to a reacending power, don't you agree?" forming my fingers into a kind of camera, making the motions to take a picture, "And what do you know, it makes for great pictures!" The appearing paper indeed that of the scene before me, I look at it, and once again am overcome with laughter, "but it's gotten you all wrong! pictures really do bring out the worst in ponies, wouldn't you say?"

She continues to glare so i send the photo over, "Take a look if you insist on staring at something so unabashedly, why not stare at yourself and point out your own flaws princess?" I snap.

She holds the stare a moment longer, not trusting me, before she takes a look, a confused expression on her face. "There's nothing wrong with -" She looks up from the photo and takes a step back, seeing her reflection in a mirror I placed before her.

oh ho ho! That is hilarious! that face! that reaction!

"Discord, enough is enough!" Celestia announces, finished indulging me apparently. "I've been patient, tried waiting you out but i see I have no other choice."

She lowers her head as if to charge, and then makes to transport her and myself, "Oh no Tia, you are most unfortunately mistaken" I bellow my eyes red with fury and upon being further questioned in my abilities and intelligence. She of course ignores me, so much for being bright....

"Wrong move Celestia." I announce coldly. "You have made your last mistake." I snap my finger, and voila her horn and wings are gone.

"And now, what say you to some paperwork? Oh, I don't know, officially handing over your crowns would be a nice start."

Another snap and her dear beloved sister is also assembled. "What?!" she exclaims with sudden confusion and surprise, both with her circumstance of being teleported and of course, the state of the throne room. "Celestia, what's-" She starts, but upon seeing her disheveled state she changes her statement to, "What's wrong with your .....mane?!", and then she notices me.

What is it with alicorn royalty and glares?

"Oh, that is what is going on." She says, as if my presence explained everything. But I suppose, given the circumstances, it does. I let her comment go, after all I was after much more than petty vengeance for a meager insult. Really, such lack of creativity leaves one wanting, I had thought her both above it and better able to make snide remarks.

Humph, some ponies just can't stand my charms I tell my pride.

I make my way to them, exclaiming over enthusiastically, "Oh Luna, how lovely for you to join us, your dear sister and I were having the liveliest of conversations. You have to excuse my manners, I only thought that you might want a part in our discussions, considering how of Equestria is at stake. Hanging in the balance of Celestia's decision, but we wouldn't want her to hold all the blame, now would we?"

"Discor-" I cut Celestia and Luna off, zipping their mouths closed, much to their irritation.

"How rude, I wasn't doesn't speaking, honestly you have the patience of fillies!"

I take my place again on my throne. "Now where was I?" I snap, taking away Luna's wings and horn with the action. "Oh, that's right, I'm going to take over Equestria and there is nothing and no pony that could possibly stop me, seeing as you're all tied up at the moment."

Another snap. I let them drop, just as I alter the gravitational pattern in the palace, being discreet so as the guards don't ruin my fun before it's begun, using magic may never tax me, but it can be oh so boring dealing with knights, captives, and so on.

"mmmphhh!" the two murmur, their words lost with the absence of their mouths, and their squirming to loosen the rope keeping them bound.

"Hmm, I didn't quite catch that, what were you saying?" I ask coyly as I go about removing the zippers and returning their mouths. I regret it to say the least, as I am bombarded with accusations and comebacks, the like which has only been heard eons ago!

"You can't do this!" Celestia finally states, sitting tall and proud. "Fluttershy will get to you, even now you have a small shard of heart within you, that is the true reason you are free to do this in the first place, Discord." She spits out my name.

It takes a moment of pondering, and then I remember, that little pink maned pony, from the maze not long ago.

"You really believe that that pathetic excuse for a Pegasus could possibly overcome my love of chaos, even replace it so that I never trouble Equestria again?" I can't hold it back any longer, "Ha ha ha ha!"
"I never knew you to be so humorous Celestia, nor so trusting! I mean, Fluttershy! Fluttershy who can hardly stand up for herself let alone up to me! Please tell me that Fluttershy is not the pony you speak so highly of now?"

I continue to laugh until my sides hurt , "y-you really think that - ?!" I am overcome with a bout of laughter, while Tia only smiles and Luna glares, although I can't tell if she's angrier with me or her sibling. "Oh dear you are painfully a hoot! "

"Unfortunately you are also a great thorn in my side." I conclude, wiping a tear from my eye with my paw. Thunderclouds gather around my head, as I return my focus on the two nuisances. "Any last words before I send you to another dimension for a time?”

“It's a vacation really, just a little trip back to when I ruled Equestria. Celestia, I'm sure you'll hop on a little memory train when we were an item, don't you think you should at least credit me? I was after all. ‘Handsome, and charming, showing signs of greatness’ you hoped would only grow when the people accepted me, why you even dreamed of marrying me! Where did all that love and passion go?"

She doesn't meet my eyes at first, until she does, and it is not with tears of times lost and wasted, but of pure hatred, and... something else, but I let that go, it was hard not to with her next words. "You must have passion to strongly hate someone such as I hate you discord. You have no place in my heart, only pity, and then only because you have wasted so much of what I have offered you."

I growl, ready to take hold her chin and force her to see the pain I've suffered through my eyes. Unfortunately I am interrupted just before my claw makes contact by her accursed nightmare of a sister, too bad she didn't go by nightmare moon, that form rather became her. I preferred the legends I'd heard of her at least, being encased in stone doesn't let me observe things myself some of the time, some timelines are obscured to me, I am sad to say.

I clench my fist, not pleased with this latest distraction.

"You think yourself so great and unpredictable, when you have surprised no one with this coup, in fact, we have measures in place, and do not think my sudden... disappearance has gone unnoticed. You will be found out, and when you are-" Luna threats go unfinished as I twist my head around to her.

"It will be much too late!" I roar. "It has already begun!"

"Oh really?" inquires Celestia, "Then why are you still here?" She smiles slyly.

She caught me there, completely off guard. "Well, I- what does it mean to you, what is it you want anyhow?" I demand. Using my magnifying glass for hints in her expression but all I spy is several bags under her eyes. Sleepless nights I presume?

"You want Equestria, I want you reformed so that you don't face life as a stone sculpture again. You claimed that you were conscious in that time, and never refrain from reminding us, so why not wait and see what Fluttershy could show you about her world? Learn what she believes is right and wrong or important and immoral, instead of me for once, since you like to go on for ages of my boring nature. "

"As if that yellow Pegasus has anything to teach me that I would genuinely take part in learning." I scoff.

I shake my head, tisking her 'brightness' "Really Celestia, you are losing your touch if you cannot just threaten to turn me to stone as we speak."

"How about a wager then?" She asks, swallowing hard, it is the first sign of real worry she's shown, and I can't hold back my grin.

"Why Celestia, cracking already I see..."

Then I take in her words, "You mean a kind of....bet?" I ask for confirmation, and I am rewarded with a nod.

"yes, exactly." She says straight faced.

"Tia... what are you-" Luna tries to shut her up, elbowing her.

"Oh, put a sock in it Lulu. I would listen to your sister." I roll my eyes, tempted to return her zipper permanently, and then lock it, and then throw away the key. Not that that would matter since I can do anything with my magic, but that's besides the point!

It is not until I take note of what she said, and see the logic in it. "She does has a point. What are you up to Celestia?" I ask using my smoothest voice. "I have all I want in the palms of my hands, so-" To show this I have tiny dioramas of Equestria and puppets of them in my hands.

"Ha ha ha, I didn't take you for the type to play with dolls discord!" Luna exclaims, out of breath between her fits of laughter.

I should have gagged her, but no, I thought she had half a brain keeping her silenced. I face palm myself mentally.

"Grrrrr! They're not dolls, they're puppets, see?" I demonstrate by nodding the heads of two replica dolls of the sisters, making the living, breathing versions, copy the action. I snap both handfuls out of existence however, their purpose long since established.

"As I was saying," I glare at Luna, daring her to interrupt me, though she makes o move to, and only shrugs innocently. Let's hope it stays that way.

I turn back and face the solar princess, Tia, once more to finish where I had left off. "What could you possibly have to offer me that I would be willing to accept? Because you did so well the first time you attempted to dissuade me."

Celesta raises her chin, ignoring my sarcasm. "I would offer you what you have now, but with no opposition, we will step down, at least for a time, so long as no pony is injured or permanent damage rendered-"

"Have you even been listening?" I demand, already annoyed with her "wager". Doesn't she know all the odds are already against her?

"Have you been listening discord, you asked for paperwork, for our crowns, if you agree to this bet, you shall have it and ample time to prepare for our return. It is the least you can do as I decided to risk freeing you this time, the playing board will be most advantageous on your side of the field. No one will oppose you, not even the elements of harmony, so long as the tree is left unthreatened and you keep to the deal. That is if you succeed in proving me wrong." She says eyes serious and challenging.

"Sounds fair to me, hand over the crowns princesses, after all I've proven you wrong countless times in the past, so technically you've already lost-"

"Let's not get cocky discord, you know what happens when you do."

"You really are in no position to bring up that unfortunate lapse in judgment dear, it's long since passed and I have remembered, all too well ...."

I wonder off, shuddering on the inside, not wanting to reveal any weaknesses in front of anypony, least of all these infuriating sisters, but the ordeal of being stone for a millennium is still.... Difficult to recall.

"Discord, you say you are incapable of trusting, of befriending anypony, that you are above such things. My assumption is that you do not know what Fluttershy stands for, otherwise you would not react so.” Celestia's voice draws my attention back to the present.

“The offer I give you is that should you spend time with Fluttershy, and not be moved by or open up to her, then you shall have Equestria to yourself, but should you fail you can't usurp either Luna or I, again. To attempt to do so would tempt me to have you turned to stone once again."

"As intriguing as that sounds, you are missing one itsy bitsy detail, I have all I could ever want in the palms of my hands remember? Why would I release my hold on the castle, and just expect you not to wage war upon me? I'm not stupid, I wasn't born yesterday after all."

I get a somber nod in response. "I know, and so you will be granted full rein of the castle, and Luna and I will keep quiet about the events of today. Just meet with Fluttershy, we will not even speak with her, you can choose the date so long as you wait a fortnight to properly communicating and interacting with her. So is it a deal?"

"Hold your horses princess, you have yet to enlighten me as to the consequences should I lose our bet." This last bit grabs Luna's attention as well, as we both look intently at Celest.

"Nothing gets past you does it? Very well, should you lose, no consequences will follow. Fluttershy will have convinced you to release your hold on what you have arrogated, and aside from being kept under her and my own vigilance, you will come out of this with no pony the wiser.”

“If you do not tell her either way, unaffected and indifferent to her kindness, or smitten with her, you will lose. if you do not tell her of your taking control over all of Equestria. Either way you have nothing to lose, unless you favor power over the Pegasus you say has neither power nor spine."

I once again grin slyly, "You are interesting indeed, perhaps there could have been more between us, you crafty thing you! I agree to this... arrangement of yours. Shall I return your appendages in the trust that you are honor bound and will keep your word to leave me unopposed, and let no word spread of my... outbursts today?"

"Of course not!" interjects a livid Luna snapping out of her shock and disbelief. She had been docile for a time, but now she voices her opinions and dares us to say otherwise. "You cannot agree to this Tia, do not-" She addresses her sister, but I can't have her acting s a voice of reason now, I prepare to repay her for her comments made with so liberal a tongue.

"I am still the eldest." Celestia commands, as I simultaneously yell " you have not the authority!" All is quiet for a moment.

Well then, I needn't have said anything.

I remove the ropes, with some wind instrument or other, and it slithers away and into a giant vase that miraculously wasn't tipped over.

"hmmm? what is this?"

"Leave it discord, you will have time enough to discover curiosities in the event that you do prove I have underestimated you." Luna says disrupting my curiosity.

I'm about to retort that she's not the one who has any say in Celestia's deal with me, when Tia takes her place beside her, blocking my passage to the odd vase.

Later discord, you need only listen to her this last time, let it go. I tell myself.

"As you wish your highness's" I struggle to say the words, against my strong sense of curiosity. I manage a mock bow as I give the pony sisters their final victory.

Celestia again turns to her younger sibling. "We must do this, otherwise there is no chance, If he gets to the elements before anyone realizes what's going on now, there will be no hope. There's little enough as it stands now, little sister. I know of little else we can do, and I have confidence in Fluttershy, if anyone can change him, she will do so in the nick of time."

“Or she will be helpless at his claws and not be able to befriend him out of fear and nerves! Discord is impatient and he will never get anywhere If she cannot do any differently than any other pony.” Luna openly objects, not that there was much surprise , what with all her negativity to this whole wager between her eldest sister and I.

“Don’t you think I know this? But what other alternatives are there? Where we stand now he will overpower us and twilight’s friends. We can at least buy some time, save our subjects from a fate at a chaotic mastermind for a few short days.” Celestia sighs. "Let's just hope they are not shortened because of Discord's controlling the time of day."

“I beg to differ, you do this, and you are no better than him. Risking your subjects as if this were some game and they only pawns! Don’t you see?” Luna turns her head, from her sister before she can counter.

Interesting, I thought the bond betwixt sisters was stronger than any other… I suppose I could use this to my advantage. I should keep an eye on the blue one though, neigh-sayer she has turned out to be.

I clear my throat. "Touching as this sentiment is, you really ought to be going Lulu, perhaps I'll padlock your quarters of the castle?" A snap and it's done, and she is behind the great doors.

Good riddance you meddler.

I turn my attentions back to my gracious host. "As for you Celestia, the Deal has been struck. You left the final decision up to me, and I accept."
I shake her hoof, sealing it. "And don't you dare even consider backing out of this one, because I will not excuse any such actions on your part to 'make amends' with anypony. You will then have to deal with me when I am truly at my worst."

"I understand. You have my word, so long as I have yours....even if I do not have yours."

"Good. now then, you too should be going, I believe you are capable of escorting yourself out. I will clean up here, can't have anypony catching on now can we?" I chuckle, a glint returning to my eyes. "Not until the great unveiling that is. Good luck Celestia, you'll need it, when I banish you that is. This will be the most delightful of outcomes! One for the history book I assure you!"

..........................

Celestia slowly retraces her steps, retreating to her room. Let's hope that never comes to be, in life or in print. If my hope is not mislead by the trust in my kind subject, you will not think so quickly as to ruin every pony's peaceful lives. For that is all I really have to hold onto, a hope. Even the founding of Equestria, and it's peaceful coexistence with the diverse creatures around my kingdom, was a hope.

I look to the west, at the moon descending from it's seat in the heavens. Forgive me, dear sister. I didn't know what else to do. Celestia hangs her head low to the ground, and tries to assure herself that she is not in the wrong, because she could only think of one other thing to do, and she is not so sure which is the worse evil, the second option, or the risk she is taking with Discord. either way, it all comes down to gambles, one of the many struggles one faces with power, is terrible choices, and risks they're forced to take, knowing the consequences if they fail.

Author's Note:

Before continuing with this story, I would like to point out that I do not own or claim any rights to the characters or the show they are derived from, My Little Pony.
This is my first fanfiction, and I am treating it a little like my novel idea at this point, giving it my utmost care and attention when it comes to detail, I hope you guys like it! :twilightsmile:

(additional, anything with the above periods, will mark a break in which another character's pov is used, {not that you wouldn't figure it out alone,}):pinkiehappy: