• Published 7th Aug 2016
  • 3,350 Views, 58 Comments

Heart of a Nobody - OuijaSilverstar



Luxerk, a Nobody used as a last resort by the Organization XIII; a backup 13th Seeker of Darkness. When a group of Keyblade wielders attack the Castle that Never Was, he escapes to another world, unknown to both Nobodies and Heartless alike.

  • ...
6
 58
 3,350

Chapter 08 - Swatting a Few Flies

(Luxerk POV)


As I exited the building and down the illuminated path of the sidewalk, I sensed a presence behind me Instantly, I summoned my Keyblade and spun around to face a...man in an organization coat? Was he Riku? Was he one of the remnants of Xehanort?


“Who are you!?” I demanded.


“Surely you remember, Luxerk?”


“My other self. How are you able to be outside of my dream?”


“Because you now possess one of your abilities, I can manifest in this realm. Although you are not strong enough, I can still be here as a wraith; only you can see, hear and talk to me.”


“Yeah, that completely makes sense, as if!”


“Do not underestimate the potential of your powers, Luxerk; holding yourself back can only weaken yourself against the Heartless and Nobodies. Until we meet again, here; this is for you.” He raised his arm, and a map of the town materialized in my hands.

Obtained Canterlot Map

I looked over the map, briefly before looking back up to him, only to see that he’s gone.


‘That power, do you feel it?’ His voice echoed in my head. I closed my eyes and concentrated on the energies I felt all around me. Then I felt it, only faintly, but didn’t fall in with the patterns with the rest of the town.


“I sense it as well.”


‘It’s the Heartless, some airborne, some massive. There’s one in the marketplace, a Zip Slasher. Surely you remember why it’s called that.’


“Great; one of those annoying knight-like bastards again. At least it isn’t one of those armored roly-poly pudgy fuck variants.”


‘You’re quite foul-mouthed for someone so young.’


“I blame picking up on Axel and Xigbar’s mannerisms.”


‘Elemental Mime at his finest.’


“Should’ve stayed inside,” I whined to myself.


Accordingto the map, the marketplace is near the town square, near Sugarcube corner. To the northwest is the school about ten blocks away. Seemed a much longer distance when I was running from the Dusks. The Zodiac is about nine blocks Southwest from my destination.


With that knowledge in mind, I set out for the Zip Slash Heartless. Keeping my face hidden in my hood, I ignored the weird looks I received from the Humans I ran past. I grabbed hold of a street light and swung myself around to the next sidewalk, getting even more weird looks.


I noticed an enclosed walkway that arches above the train tracks. As I got to the middle of the sidewalk, I saw that local teenage thugs blocked my path. These weren’t Hoops and his droogs, but they wore leather jackets and had their hair slicked back. Considering I had enough room to maneuver around them, I jumped and ran to the chain link fence, going up and around the group of teens.


“Woah!”


“What the-?”


“That cat has some moves.”


Now off of the archway, I continued my trek to the marketplace. Inching closer, I sensed Heartless popping up around me. Arming myself with the Keyblade, I leaped into battle. The little red cone-shaped Heartless, known as Red Nocturne, proved to be little challenge for me as I cut them down before they could use their fire magic.


More Red Nocturnes appeared before me, as well as Soldiers. After deflecting their kicks, I jumped and kicked off of one of the shoulders of a Soldier, cutting down the Red Nocturnes. With the soldiers surrounding me, I concentrated on the natural light the Keyblade gave off.


“LIGHT!” I shouted, thrusting my Keyblade up into the air. Two white crystals spun around my body, completely disintegrating their shadowy bodies until their hearts remained, which floated up into the sky, towards Kingdom Hearts.


All that remained was the Zip Slasher. Those familiar yellow beady eyes. Its arms were made of a blade and the Heartless symbol on the pauldron of its armor. The weakest of the Dual Blades, but incredibly dangerous. If I were more skilled in my magic, I could easily slay this thing, but I used up nearly all of my energy into Spark. I have to do this the old fashioned way. We both stopped and stared at the rising moon. I felt captivated, moved by it. All thoughts just vanished, and I reached out to the moon, only to have a tingling sensation in my hand.


Out of thin air, Siax’s claymore appeared in my hand. 2 down, 11 to go.

Ability VII Obtained


Lunatic Claymore


This will allow you to resist Moon-based magic while equipped. It will be much harder for you to be silenced and allows you to Stun and Silence others.


Gained the power of the Moon
Learned BIND


Bind unleashes a yellow shockwave that will keep your enemies in one place for a short time.
MP cost - 16

(Boss 4 - Dual Blade ~ Zip Slasher)


It just stood there, leaving me room to attack it. As I tried to hit it with my claymore, it quickly blocked my attack with its hands in an “X” formation. He spun around with its blades, knocking me back from the impact. It charged toward me with a double stabbing attack to which I blocked, hitting it open for a combo. I jumped up and spun around, cracking the helmet with the tip of my claymore, sending it through a fruit stand.


It jumped up to its feet and started to flee from the fight. I held my claymore the same way Siax held his and chased after it.


“HEY! Get back here, you son of a bitch!” I yelled at it. I jumped over and slid under any objects that blocked my pursuit. Dozens of Humans noticed me and my weapon as well as the heartless I was chasing. Fortunately, I still had my hood up. Surprisingly, this thing was as fast as the Deserters. I had to flank it. Thinking I was still chasing it, I changed course onto an alleyway. I kicked off the walls over a low-hanging fence to keep my speed. I kept kicking upwards until I made it to the rooftop where I stopped to take a breather.


“Time Out,” I wheezed. When I caught my breath, I looked over the edge to see my prey still running. It appeared to now move in different directions, alerting its kin. Other Dual Blades appeared out of the Ether and scattered. With both the panic of the Heartless and the Humans alike, I jumped over to another building and waited for my target to run by.


Before he ran across me, I leaped off the building, aiming straight for its head. It noticed me and side flipped out of the way. I landed with a solid crunch of the street splitting from my claymore. I felt a sharp thump in the back which sent me spinning in the air to the other side of the road into a phone booth.


Blood trickled down the one side of my face which prevented me from opening my left eye. I focused on the Zip Slasher with my other eye and quickly slid out of harm’s way. Its charge attack missed me by mere inches and stuck its arms in the wall. With Keyblade in hand, I chucked it up through the back of its head, slaying it on the spot. I leaned on the wall as I saw its heart float up into the sky, out of the reach of other Heartless. The Munny orbs it left behind, gravitated towards me and filled up my wallet. The only thing worth the effort at the moment.


(Fight Over)

!!!
Level Up


Lv. 3 》4

HP: 30 》40
MP: 17 》23
STR: 9 》13
MAG: 9 》12
DEF: 12 》13
Crit. %: 6 》7
Crit. Bonus: 7 》9

“That was cool,” I heard a voice behind me. I jumped around, pointing the claymore at the owner of the voice’s face. His hair is a spiky blue with eyes of the same color. He wore black and white sneakers along with blue, rolled-up jeans with a t-shirt that had a blue shield with a lightning bolt through it in the center of the shirt. His jacket consisted of only two stripes, red and white. He held his hands up, away from the tip of my blade.


“Woah, Woah; chill out,” he pleaded, “I’m just impressed by that is all.”


“Alright,” I said, dematerializing my weapon. I turned around and started walking the other way.


“Who and where did you come from?” he asked, walking beside me.


“My name and where I came from is none of your concern.”


“C’mon, you can’t just walk into Canterlot and not expect anyone to get curious about you?”


“I can think of a few ways.”


“Well, whatever that thing you killed was attacking people, so I followed it, and then I see you are jumping from an apartment roof and you’re completely fine, not to mention getting your back sliced. I’m thankful you took care of it.”


“You’re welcome.”


We both stopped at a vending machine and looked at the drink logo on the front.


“Let me buy you a drink,” he said putting a few coins into a small slot and pressing a couple of buttons. A few bottles clinked and clanked their way to an opening where he gave me one.


“Thanks,” I said. I saw him slam the edge of the cap on the side of the machine where it popped off. I repeated what I saw to a strong degree. His eyes lit up when I pulled back my hood to enjoy my drink.


“Geez, he laid out few lucky ones on ya,” he said, cringing at the open part of my face. I took a sip of my drink, the cold, bubbly liquid trickled down my throat with a feeling of refreshment. I reached into my coat pocket and pulled out a handkerchief where I wiped the blood off my face.


“I never caught your name,” I brought up.


“Oh! Sorry; the name’s Flash Sentry,” he said, shaking my hand.


“Luxerk.”


“Strange, but interesting name.”


“I get that a lot.”


“How long are you staying here in Canterlot?”


“Long enough until ‘They’ are eliminated.”


“Who’s ‘They’?”


I looked around to see people staring at me with the “Stink Eye” as Pinkie referred it as. I lightly pushed him on his shoulder.


“How about you walk with me; I’m attracting too much attention.”


“Okay; so what are those things that you are destroying?”


“Be sure to keep my mission a secret, do I make myself clear?”


“Crystal.”


“Okay. Those things are called, Heartless. They take the hearts of their victims and turn them into their kind.”


He shuddered at my explanation. He didn’t notice that our little walk led him into a secluded alleyway.


“Well, I’m sure you can handle it, considering that little skirmish doesn't even phase you.”


“Not very. Oh, before I go to where I’m staying tonight, I have one request.”


“What is it?”


“Best if, you forget about this little conversation,” I coldly said, striking him at the base of his neck, instantly knocking him out. I caught him as he was falling and set him down with his back pressed against the wall. I flipped up my hood and set out for the Zodiac Apartment.


When I entered through the door, I pulled my hood down, waving at Sunset sitting in her chair, reading a Chemistry book. She noticed me and greeted my presence.


“Hi, Lux,” she warmly greeted, “How was the walk?”


“Was worth the extra exercise,” I just stated.


“The principal messaged me; she said to meet her in her office for further detail first thing tomorrow morning.”


“Okay; will do. Good night.”


“Good night.”


Inside of my empty room, I set my bottle cap at the corner of a desk near a lamp where I set my Diary down and started writing today’s events down after switching said light on.


Ex-Organization Section
Entry 2 - Day 8


So far, so good. I eliminated a Zip Slasher while obtaining another weapon. This time, it’s Siax’s claymore. Tomorrow is my first day at “School,” and I will have to keep a low profile...at least until Heartless come knocking. If I hold it at this rate, I will be at enough power to take on Heartless like Dustfliers.

I closed the book, switched off the lamp, placed my coat on my chair and went to bed.

Luxerk’s Current Stats


Lv. 4

HP: 40
MP: 23
STR: 13
MAG: 12
DEF: 13
Crit. %: 7
Crit. Bonus: 9

WEAPONS
VII - Lunar Claymore
XIII - Starlight Keyblade

FORMS
N/A

ITEM
Diary
"Winner" Popsicle Stick
Seashell
Bottlecap

MAPS
Canterlot High
Canterlot Town

Author's Note:

I was originally going to release this chapter on my birthday yesterday, but something came up and I was only able to get it up by then.

Enjoy! :moustache: