• Published 7th Aug 2016
  • 3,355 Views, 58 Comments

Heart of a Nobody - OuijaSilverstar



Luxerk, a Nobody used as a last resort by the Organization XIII; a backup 13th Seeker of Darkness. When a group of Keyblade wielders attack the Castle that Never Was, he escapes to another world, unknown to both Nobodies and Heartless alike.

  • ...
6
 58
 3,355

Chapter 05 - "They found me."

(Third Person POV)

Lux!” Sunset yelled, shaking the weary Nobody awake. His sudden waking made him leap out from the chair and at the other side of the room where the other girls are staring through the window outside.

“Luxy, come quickly!” Pinkie waved her hand over to him. He nodded and kneeled in between Rainbow and Applejack.

“These strange creatures is walkin about up down this street,” Applejack explained, shedding light on his curiosity.

“What creatures?”

“You just missed it!” Rainbow exclaimed, “These things look like aliens from all those Sci-fi movies Pinkie has.”

“Or from one of my Manga books,” Fluttershy added.

“It looked like they were all wearing white body suits with hoods,” Rarity shuddered.

“They must be part of that Asylum they call a church,” Rainbow speculated. Hearing all of these descriptions made an uncertain click in Luxerk’s head.

“Wait, were they moving like they were made of rubber?” He asked, trying to hide the fearful tone in his voice. Sunset nodded.

“Did their sides light up and flicker like LED lights?” He asked again and was met with another collective nod. The color faded in his face, cowering to the corner furthest away from the window, garnering the girls’ attention.

“Luxy, are you okay?” Pinkie asked.

“They’ve found me,” He quietly said.

“What did ya say, Sugarcube?” Applejack asked calmly, “Do you know anything about those things?”

“They found me,” he shook.

“Well, what did you do to piss them off?” Rainbow asks. Luxerk made random words, mostly cryptic to the girls.

“Organization. Nobodies. Hearts. Death. Rift. Heartless. Ground Zero-”

“LUX! SNAP OUT OF IT!” Rainbow yelled, grabbing him by his shoulders and slapping sense into him. He shook off the pain and regained his composure.

“I have no time to explain, but do as I say, okay?” He requests.

“Really? And how exactly can we trust you with these gymnastic monsters?” Rainbow asked skeptically.

“You know the horse statue at the school? Well a rift has opened up about a hundred feet above it, and those things are pouring out, and I have the only key to stop it, so to speak.” His explanation left the whole group speechless and looked towards Applejack to see if that answer is truthful. She sighed.

“What he’s saying is true, Y'all,” she deadpanned, “Lux, what are ya plannin to do?” He quickly zipped up his coat and moved towards the opening of the window.

“I need to close that rift before more...darker beings come through to this world,” he explained before leaping from the windowsill. As soon as he landed onto the sidewalk, He turned to look at them, but also garnering the attention of the Dusks.

“If you six are willing to follow me, keep at a safe distance!” He commanded, “They’re after me and won’t focus on you guys.” With that said, he took off, ignoring the cries of protest from the group. Rainbow tried to follow but was yanked back in by Applejack.

“What are you doing AJ!? I want to help!” Dash yelled.

“Nhuh; it’s too cold for us to be in our PJs. Everyone, change clothes quickly; we need to catch up to Lux as soon as possible.”

(Luxerk POV)

They’ve found me. Great. I must’ve made a magical trail when that Twilight Thorn struck me with its magic through the rift. My only best bet is to hightail it to ground zero. If only I still had my SuperGlide ability, I would be there in half the time.

The longer I travel down this street, more Dusks are to be seen, same with them and now they’re chasing me. Fortunately, I was slightly faster than them, if I were sprinting in a straight line, thankfully I am. To elude them and throw most of them off track, I changed direction into an alleyway in between two tall buildings. There while I was moving, I jumped up and kicked off the walls in a pattern. Funny, I never recall any of the Organization Freerun to traverse tight areas with ease, but they traveled in corridors of darkness, so they didn't need to.

I felt the presence of the rift, and it’s growing in size to move something...divine through. I was close and need to hurry; I only got a small window of time after I prematurely reawaken one of my abilities before I have to sleep to get it back. I worry more about the girls, but it seems like that the Dusks were completely ignoring any Human they may come across. What ever happened to “Keeping our presence and identity a secret?”

I made it to the school, but as soon as I looked upward, I felt like I gained 50 pounds. As told by the man in brown robes, the rift was growing larger by the moment, but I was unable to summon my Keyblade. Something landed behind me, shaking the whole ground from the impact. I spun around to see that same Twilight Thorn from the other night.

NOW, LUXERK!” The man’s voice ringed through my head. I lifted up my hand up in the air and felt that familiar warmth; light magic. The light irradiated from my hand, consuming my body until an object appeared and only the light was on the object. When the light died down, I realized what it was: the Keyblade.

Strange, though; it didn’t look like Roxas’s Keyblade, but this wasn't greyscaled like a usual imitation I can make. I felt the light pulsate through the weapon itself, but that never explains why a Nobody like me can wield one. I looked at the face of my enemy and pointed the Keyblade at him, ready to strike.

Ability XIII Obtained

This ability allows you to use the Keyblade and able to defeat Heartless and Nobodies all the while using the Element of Light.

Gained the power of Light

Learned SPARK

Spark summons two crystals of light that spin around to do Light Elemental damage. MP cost - 12

(Boss 3 - Twilight Thorn ~ Second Encounter)

Knowing from my past mistake, I can’t turn my back and run; next time might end up killing me. The giant Nobody stretched its body out to completely block my escape and summoned creepers to soften me up. Oh, how I do enjoy dispatching weak little Nobodies. Not only are the easiest to dispatch, but they can be used as weapons.

Since Nobodies like the Twilight Thorn have one track minds, I could easily use that to my advantage. Grabbing two Creepers and throwing one at one of the legs of the Thorn, it lifted its head up, focusing on getting its leg back into place. In that window of time, I swung the Creeper at the Thorn’s head to stun it.

It contorted back into its original size but kept eerily still. I knew it was a chance to nail on its head with my Keyblade. I swung as hard as I could, dealing direct hit after direct hit. Out of nowhere, the Thorn’s arm stuck me in the stomach, throwing me across the terrace. It shot out its thorns towards me. Knowing that I now have the Keyblade, dodging these thorns are now a lot easier. I was defying the gravity of this world by maneuvering around and past the thorns.

As I got closer to the Thorn, it pulled off its limit attack. My hands and feet were restrained by energy balls that sent me mid air. It got close and wound its arm back to punch me out of my boots. Using the light of the Keyblade, my right hand broke free and struck the Thorn’s head, sending it spinning backward. It stopped itself and stretched its arms out to grab me. Once I was in its clutches, it threw me up into the air. I knew for a fact that it will try to blast me out of the sky with its magic. I got myself to stop spinning and saw the massive energy ball in its hands. This time, it was large enough to kill me.

I threw the Keyblade at it without a second thought, causing it to explode right on top of its head. I fell to the ground right next to the Keyblade, the impact knocking the wind out of my lungs. I propped myself to my feet using the Keyblade that was sticking out of the ground. Seeing the Twilight Thorn laying there, unconscious, I decided to finish the job. With a blank expression on my face, I thrust the Keyblade straight into its skull.

(Fight Over)

The whole Nobody faded away along with the rift now shrinking down to size until it disappeared completely. I saw the girls from across the walkway with mixed feelings. Mostly fear and confusion were what I sensed. My vision got blurry and what I saw appeared to be 12 of them. Reminds me of the Organization. I chuckled weakly, completely ignoring my name being called out repeatedly before I collapsed over, vision going black.

!!!
LEVEL UP

Lv. 2 > 3

HP: 26 > 30
MP: 16 > 17
STR: 7 > 9
MAG: 6 > 9
DEF: 9 > 12
Crit. %: 4 > 6
Crit. Bonus: 5 > 7

(Third Person POV)

What the girls had witnessed was a dangerous event that unfolded, but Luxerk seemed to stop the whole invasion by himself.

“LUXERK!” The girls called out to the unconscious Nobody.

“Call the paramedics!” Sunset ordered the group.

“Yeah, and how are we going to explain what happened here!?” Rainbow Dash protested, “A teenager fought off a giant monster with a giant key? They’ll think we’re on shrooms!”

“We can’t just leave ‘em here like this,” Applejack reasoned, “Let’s take ‘em to Principal Celestia and Vice Principal Luna’s house; they’ll know what’s goin on.”

“You know,” Pinkie pointed out, “I have a hunch that they already know.”

(Luxerk POV)

Inside my mind once again, I’m greeted by the man in brown robes.

“Good work, Luxerk,” he commented.

“Thanks. Now begins my week-long wait.”

“Don’t worry; it’ll be over before you know it.”

“I hope…”

“Worried about those girls?”

“Yes.”

“Do not worry; you’re in good hands for the time being.”

“Thank you; knowing that eases my mind a little.”

“Don’t let your guard down yet; this has only just begun. Even though Sora and Riku defeated Xemnas, he is still alive and is well aware of our presence in this world. Do not think for a second that you are strong enough to take him on; wait until you have reawakened all of your abilities, then when you can face your true self and win, you’re ready.”

“All in a matter of time? Alright, this big wait will have an ever bigger payoff. What do you mean by ‘my true self?’”

“You will know in a matter of time, Luxerk. Until then, sleep well.”

“Joy.”

Luxerk’s Current Stats
Lv. 3

HP: 30
MP: 17
STR: 9
MAG: 9
DEF: 12
Crit. %: 6
Crit. Bonus: 7

WEAPON: XIII - Starlight Keyblade

MAGIC: Spark