• Published 7th Aug 2016
  • 3,355 Views, 58 Comments

Heart of a Nobody - OuijaSilverstar



Luxerk, a Nobody used as a last resort by the Organization XIII; a backup 13th Seeker of Darkness. When a group of Keyblade wielders attack the Castle that Never Was, he escapes to another world, unknown to both Nobodies and Heartless alike.

  • ...
6
 58
 3,355

Chapter 04 - Dive Into the Heart

(Luxerk POV)

A continuous tingling sensation through my body made me drift awake, only to see that I’m not in Pinkie’s room. The same tingling sensation was a feeling of falling, but it was too dark to see anything; only myself.

I eventually touched down on the bottom or wherever this place is. This is a very bizarre dream, but I feel as if it could get only more ludicrous.

“Hello again, Luxerk,” A familiar voice shot through the dark, “If you are wondering why you’re here and will like an explanation, step forward.”

Adhering to his advice, I did so, but as I laid down my boot, a bright light shot up from the floor. Shares of darkness flew up and turned into birds, flying off into the abyss. With the light settling, my way was now visible and across the way was a figure in brown robes.

“Welcome to the Station of Awakening,” he announced, moving his arm to show me where I am.

“Who ARE you!?” I demanded, “Not one of the Organization, I hope.”

“No; I am a part of a much older group.”

“Which is?”

“Let me tell you a story first,” he said, turning around to face the empty sky, “I was here many years ago, although this floor was different. Five Unions competed with one another to gather light or Lux as they called it. Those were Foretellers; Keyblade masters in their right. The Unions were: Ursus, Anguis, Unicornis, Vulpes and Leopardus; I belonged to Unicornis. However, this was a facade for something much darker.”

“What was it?”

“The Keyblade War.”

What caused all of that madness?”

“It started with a prediction of future events by a tome known as the Book of Prophecies. It foretold many of outcomes, but the Foretellers were motivated by only one: ‘The war in that place will lead to the destruction of the Light. The World will be in Eternal Darkness.’ The Unions were formed, and a hunt for the light was born from this prophecy alone, but as it predicted, the fear and anger in weilders’ hearts turned into darkness as it took control and the conflict began.”

“What are you getting at? What does this have to do with us?”

“They know of this world, Luxerk; they will be coming for you.”

“I haven’t even recovered yet!”

“There is a way to speed this up, but…”

“But what?”

He turned back to face me, “When your ability reawakens, you have but five minutes to drive them back into the portal you came out of. When that time is up, the massive strain on your body will cause you to undergo a week-long coma.”

I immediately backed away from the cloaked man, “No. Screw...that.” I protested. He waved his hand at me, and a sword appeared in my right hand.

“We don’t have a choice; they will be here in Canterlot soon. Meet me on the fourth platform, good luck.”

Acquired Dream Sword

A weapon manifested from strength in the Station of Awakening. Effective only on Nobodies and Heartless in the Station of Awakening.
(+1 Strength)

Luxerk’s Stats

Lv. 1

HP: 20
MP: 10
STR: 5 (+1)
MAG: 5
DEF: 5
Crit. %: 3
Crit. Bonus: 3

WEAPON: Dream Sword STR+1

I took a closer look at the floor of this place. What it appeared to be was a large round pane of stained glass of a cartoon pony.

My realization was interrupted by Dusks surrounding me at the center. Spinning my sword around into my battle stance, I backflipped from the group to ready myself for the onslaught. I reversed around each of them, striking blindly at different parts of their bodies. Each one of them faded into darkness when they suffered fatal blows at the tip of my blade.

With the last one gone, a colorful staircase appeared at the edge of the platform that led to another large round platform. Remembering what that man said about meeting him at the fourth platform, I made my way up the steps to the next platform to fight the next wave. Instead of this winged unicorn being purple, it was white and mostly resembled Principal Celestia.

I have done the same tactic to dispatch my kin, but one snuck up on me and kicked me square in the back. The pain jolted through my body, knocking me away from it and shifting my focus toward said foe. It stretched and contorted towards me in a very inhuman cartwheeling motion. I shifted around it and only had to swipe sideways to dispatch it. As seen from the last platform, another staircase appeared at the edge. Not wasting any time, I dashed up the stairs to the next platform. This next pony looks eerily similar to Vice Principal Luna, but in pony form.

More Dusks appeared before me, including some new ones to boot. Creepers. These long-armed weaklings make it a cakewalk when I so choose to swing them around by their arms. Using them as weapons are just as effective as using any of the Organization’s weapons. Remembering that fact I grabbed one and swung it at the Dusks until my Creeper Club disappeared. I grabbed another Creeper and noticed a Dusk trying to run. I spun the Creeper around my head like a lasso, judging the distance. I let go of the Creeper and watched it fly into the cowardly Dusk, making both of them disappear.

“I say that’s a ringer,” I joked to myself.

!!!
LEVEL UP

Lv. 1 » 2

HP: 20 » 26
MP: 10 » 16
STR: 5 » 7 (+1)
MAG: 5 » 6
DEF: 5 » 9
Crit. %: 3 » 4
Crit. Bonus: 3 » 5

The last set of stairs was available for me to traverse. I looked down to see what pony was this time, but it was Sunset instead. What the hell is going on here!?

“Ah, Luxerk!” the robed man called out to me, “You didn’t die; good, we have a crisis on our hands.”

“How bad is it?”

“Xemnas knows you’re here and he’s sending Nobodies to bring you back to the World that Never Was.”

“Damn. Wait; if he opens the portal this time, won’t Heartless pour out into the world as well?”

“I’m afraid so. Luxerk, a storm is approaching, be vigilant.”

“Yes.”

“Good luck and it’s time to wake up.”

“Wait, what was the point of bringing me up here in the first place?”

“I’m doing everything I can to speed up your recovery; the more strength you gain, the more abilities you gain in a shorter time.”

“I sense danger from outside this realm, we best hurry.”

“Luxerk, be careful and good luck.”

“Right.”

I heard Sunset’s voice echoing in the distance, “Lux! Get up! You have to see this!”

I felt a sudden jolt through my body, that motion alone caused everything and myself to snap awake into consciousness.

Luxerk’s Current Stats

Lv. 2

HP: 26
MP: 16
STR: 7
MAG: 6
DEF: 9
Crit. %: 4
Crit. Bonus: 5