• Published 21st May 2012
  • 2,853 Views, 339 Comments

True Black - Leonofsweden



Black Star is a rare talent in black magic. And she is on the verge of something amazing.

  • ...
15
 339
 2,853

Chapter 21 The Officers Club

True Black
Chapter 21
The Officers Club

16 of April

Sharp Edge was trotting up towards her home; The Officers Club was more of a home to her then the supposed real house her family shared a few blocks away. The Officers Club was quite an impressive building; it was three stories high, all the outer walls were painted in a crisp salmon color, while the window seals were painted in gold, highlighting their frames. Through the windows you could see red velvet drapes hanging open on the first floor. Although, on the two upper floors the drapes were all closed. The entire second floor was a resting area of sorts for any of the mares not currently with a… connoisseur. Any noble or wealthy patron could walk around on the second floor and pick out whichever mare or stallion he or she might fancy a closer encounter with, for the right price of course. On the third floor, three large VIP apartments were lavishly furnished and decorated around a large circular bed capable of holding several ponies at once. The whole floor was magically shielded to prevent any unseemly sounds or sights to be seen or heard from the outside world.

The third floor was only for the most wealthy and important ponies, although that was not where most transactions took place. That was down below the main building, in the spacious caverns below the small mansion. A distant relative from the past had happened upon them while building the main structure. At some point, while excavating his basement, he had fallen through the floor. At first, the space had only been used as storage, but it wasn't long before some ancestor started sneaking down there to enjoy himself with a mare or two in complete privacy, away from the prying eyes of the public. And from that humble beginning, The Officers Club had eventually been born.

As Sharp Edge pushed the exquisitely made mahogany door open, she was met by the most wonderful smells any cook could ever produce. The whole first floor was only a front, but there was no better front the one that actually functioned. To most of North Bay, The Officers Club was known only as the best restaurant in the whole city. She moved through the bustle and noise of the restaurant, waving in greeting to those who merited her attention, as she headed, slowly and gracefully, towards the staircase that led both up and down into the basement.

In front of the staircase stood a guard pony with an unpleasant scar running across his face. Like most of the hired muscle around The Officers Club, he was a former fighter from the arena. Although, he had not been fortunate enough to retire without serious injuries but, because of it, he now looked ferocious enough to persuade most noble pony's not to cause any trouble in front of a velvet rope leading to the VIP section. The only way for any pony to gain access to the real entertainment provided by the The Officers Club was to be brought in by someone who was already a member. This pony would vouch for the pony seeking entrance, making sure no unseemly rumors would start spreading. If that should happen anyway, both the one spreading the rumors and who ever vouch for him would both be thrown out at the club. And they would also find themselves in hot water with many of the nobles and wealthy elite in North Bay. A very troublesome position, to be avoided at any cost, if you had any plans about continuing to live in, or even close to, North Bay.

The burly guard immediately recognized Sharp Edge and opened a path for her so she could descend into the basement. Both at the bottom and at the top of the staircase the second line of defense waited. They were thick and finally made doors which would only open if you knew the correct spell, which so far only she did, or you were in possession of an enchanted key which would gain you access. As she passed through the first door, she entered the first small room in the basement. Here, two more guards were situated, waiting for orders to intervene if something got out of hoof. Sharp Edge didn't even look at who they were this night, only passing straight through into The Officers Club proper.

As soon as the second door closed behind her, she was met by the gorgeous site of a wide selection of breathtaking mares and stallions. Some were so dressed up they would rival the noble mares that came in to browse amongst them, while others were so provocatively dressed that first time visitors would often just stop and stare at them, jaws hanging open while they drooled. The thing that marked out ponies as pleasure mare or stallion was that only they would have some sort of a black leash round their necks. Every mare or stallion moving around down here with the black leash around their necks was for sale, no matter how exquisite or noble they may appear. And down here were still only the day-to-day mares. The truly beautiful mares and stallions were all situated on the second floor where the VIP could appreciate their splendor, undisturbed by common customers.

As Sharp Edge walked through the giant lounging area, she corrected some who didn't cast a sultry enough gaze towards her, or who were not displaying themselves to their full potential. She corrected how a few of them stood, then made a particularly delicate looking flower sit more daintily to make her more attractive to those customers who are looking for that in there consort for the night. She sighed quite happily as she watched over her herd. This was truly her art gallery, and she loved it. A true masterpiece of beauty, flesh and sexual lust.

From across the room, Sharp Edge noticed her most precious treasure. She was radiant, even surrounded by beauty. She still made ponies pause to have a second look. Her body was a light chestnut brown that shone like it had been polished, her mane and tail were a striking iron grey, which sparkled lightly while she moved, as if she had thousands of little metallic prisms in her mane and tail. Her eyes were dark blue and stunning. Had Sharp Edge herself looked half as lovely at the age of fifteen she would most likely have been married to the Silver Seas Duke himself by now. She had to keep herself from giving a happy little whiny while Velvet Rope, her only daughter, walked up to her.

“Greetings mother. Did the trip down to the arena go well?” she wondered innocently. Sharp Edge had just marveled at her transformation this last year, from a little filly to a breathtaking young mare who was now helping her full-time at The Officers Club. Velvet Rope had taken to the training as future mistress of The Officers Club like fish takes to water. All the disappointment she had ever felt about her eldest son Iron Helm’s shortcomings was made up infinitely by her wonderful daughter. She gave a little sigh as she opened the door to her office, which was an extravagant bedroom with a lot of paperwork lying around the place. For some reason, she had found that her patrons found it much easier to talk to her about their sexual desires if they were in a bedroom setting. They would divulge their wildest fantasies to her, and then she would make sure they get to experience them. Once again, for the right price of course. She walked in and splayed herself on the lavish bed, giving a content little groan as she was finally able to relax.

“Ohhh… my ever inquisitive child, it went splendidly,” she said and rolled over to watch as her daughter closed the door behind her.

“Really! So we will be able to take care of those Bright Sky ponies now?” Velvet Rope asked while she trotted over and lay down next to her mother. Sharp Edged gave a grunt of annoyance, and then stared up at the exquisitely painted ceiling.

“You just had to remind me of that, didn't you dear? No… they will be a thorn in our side for a little while longer. Although, Iron Rod seems to think Iron Helm will be the answer to our troubles. He's apparently a very good guard pony,” Sharp Edge said with uncertainty. Since Iron Helm was a unicorn, she had hoped he would help Velvet Rope around The Officers Club. It had always been tradition in the family for the oldest mare to inherit the club while her brothers, be they younger and older, helped her run it from the shadows. Like most young stallion's, Iron Helm had been very enthusiastic the first time she had brought him there, but suddenly, and without any reason she could discern, he had just started to refuse helping with anything around The Officers Club, going so far as not to even partake of any of the mares she presented to him. For some time she had suspected he was attracted to stallions instead, but the first one she sent to him came back with a bloody muzzle and a message that he was definitely not into stallions. Velvet Rope was now lying against one of the enormous cushion looking back at her mother with a curious gaze.

“Well… ever since he started working for father, he has become more interested in what goes on around here,” Velvet Rope said carefully. This got Sharp Edge’s ears to perk up.

“Really? In what way?” she asked.

“Well, he's been coming around at lunchtime and even after work sometimes, even going so far as to ask me to help him with a mare a couple of times,” Velvet Rope said and grinned at her mother. This was truly news for Sharp Edge. She had not heard any of this. Was he finally starting to come around? Maybe he was just a late bloomer.

“Why haven't you told me any of this?” she asked her daughter, a little annoyed.

“Well… he said if you knew, you would start tossing mares after him non-stop every time he came around here. And he still mostly here just to see us after all,” she said with a well knowing smile at her mother. Sharp Edge gave a sigh.

“You kids know me much too well… Alright, I won't interfere. As far as he's concerned, I don't know he's here partaking of the stock. Although, I must say, I'm relieved he’s finally starting to stallion up,” Sharp Edge said with a little giggle and her daughter giggled along with her.

“Yes, he has been quite a stiff one, in all the wrong ways, hasn't he? Now… no more avoiding the subject. How did the meeting with father go?” Velvet Rope wondered. Sharp Edge smiled broadly.

“Well, at first, it went quite badly… you're bumbling idiot of a father, announced to the whole arena that I was there, so, naturally, I ended up talking to the waste of space that is Silver Pot…” Sharp edge said with a groan.

“Ohhhh… You poor thing, was he still going on about his little special project?” Velvet Rope wondered.

“You have no idea how he just went on and on… and guess what! Now he wants to rape the mare as well when we deliver her. I'm telling you, this deal is going to bite us in our flank if we are not careful,” Sharp Edge said forebodingly while she gestured with her hooves to indicate just how fed up she was with Silver Pot´s special orders. Velvet Rope giggled a little bit where she lay, watching her mother.

“What's so funny…” Sharp Edge said and looked at her daughter with a mischievous smile.

“Oooo… I just had a little thought that made me laugh,” she said teasingly to her mother.

“Well, don't keep me in suspense. If you have an idea then let me know,” Sharp Edge encouraged her daughter.

“Well, it was not an idea, actually, just an image. What if we found an old crone, out in the middle of a desert or on a mountaintop, with that darn heavenly cutie mark on her flank? We could present her to him… it would be quite the conquest for him I'd say!” she said without being able to stop laughing. Her mother's eyes were big as saucers as the pictures started running through her head, and then she to burst out laughing. As they stopped, Sharp Edge dried tears from her eyes.

“Ooooo… thank you Velvet. You always know how to make me laugh,” she said and leaned over to give her daughter a little lite kiss on her forehead.

“You are welcome mother…” Velvet Rope said smiling up at her. Sharp Edge nodded and rose out of the bed.

“Well anyhow, after all that, your father informed me that Iron Helm is heading the investigation into whoever is behind Bright Sky, and he's actually making headway. But then, Silver Pot, of course, managed to ruin the evening even further by killing off one of the most beautiful stallions I've seen in quite a while. You should have seen him Velvet… Even you would have been tempted to try him out,” Sharp Edge said and wiggled her eyebrows at her daughter.

“Really… that nice looking? Too bad you couldn't bring him home then; we are, after all, short a few pleasure stallions at the moment,” she responded with a giggle.

“Yes… he was the brother of that mare your father brought here a couple of days ago,” Sharp Edge said, waving her hooves dismissively.

“What a coincidence, the sister was actually why I came looking for you when I heard you were back,” Velvet Rope said, in a more businesslike tone, from where she lay on the bed. Sharp Edge motioned for Velvet to continue.

“She has been quite difficult… not doing what she's told, outright refusing some customers, and generally just being a pain in my flank. Since she is a pickpocket, she knows how things work here amongst the shadows, so to speak. So my normal threats of retribution don't really work on her. Soft Hooves knows we can't beat her too badly or it will decrease her value as a pleasure mare. I just don't know what to do with her…” Velvet Rope said with a frown. Sharp Edge smiled at her daughter while she tittered lightly.

“I see it's time for another lesson. Why don't you go collect this wayward mare? And then I'll show you something much more effective than physical threats towards most stubborn mares,” Sharp Edge said with a wicked smile. Velvet Rope shone up immediately.

“I'll go get her now then,” she said, as she jumped off the bed and quickly trotted out of the door. Not ten minutes later, she was back with a magic leash around the neck of a quite fair looking orange earth pony. She had a black mane and tail with white highlights in them. The way she walked showed she had grown up using her feminine beauty to get ahead in life and now she was in the perfect setting to use those talents. Under Sharp Edge’s careful guidance, she would most certainly becoming an A-list mare. She smiled pleasantly at the orange mare who glared back at her defiantly.

“So you're the one running this brothaAHHHHhhh!” The mare was cut off by Velvet Ropes activating the enchantment embedded in the black velvet collar around the mare's neck, sending a quite painful electric shock throughout Soft Hooves’ body. Velvet Rope sighed as she cut the current running through the mare now fidgeting on the floor.

“You see? She even speaks without being spoken to…” Velvet said, looking dejectedly at her mother.

“There, there daughter… she's one of the first you've been put in charge of, and you've been doing splendidly so far with your other charges,” she said, comforting her daughter’s bruised ego. Sharp Edge once again moved over to lie down on the bed while she watched the orange mare struggle up on her hooves again.

“Damn, that stings…” Soft Hooves muttered, mostly to herself.

“And still you make us do it to you… but I guess that is one way to show you're not afraid of pain. But then, you should know you're not the only one we can hurt, little girl,” Sharp Edge said with a twisted grin. Soft Hooves frowned back, not at all intimidated.

“Little girl? I'm older than your bitch of braAHHHHggghgghghghghhhhhhghhhhggghhh!!!” Soft Hooves suddenly found herself suspended in mid air, currents running through her body over a hundred times stronger than the measly little collar ever could produce. Sharp Edge was glaring at the worthless mare who had dared to even try insulting her daughter. A twisted smile spreading on her lips while she watched Soft Hooves convulse and seize, suspended by the harsh magic attacking her body. They started hearing gurgled outcries and incomprehensible noises emitted from the mare being tortured, most likely trying to beg for it to stop. Finally, Sharp Edge’s horn ceased glowing and Soft Hooves thump down in front of the bed gasping for breath. Velvet Rope had watched curiously while her mother had used the spell.

“I haven't seen that one before… All that and it didn't even leave any permanent marks on her! Will you teach it to me?” she asked excitedly.

“That's actually what we will be doing next week my dear. But remember, you are still young so it will most likely be awhile before you can use it effectively,” Sharp Edge said to her now beaming daughter.

“Don't worry mother, I will make it work,” Velvet Rope said, grinning down at Soft Hooves, who was finally starting to come around again. She made eye contact with Sharp Edge, and the absolute fear that now resided in them was wonderful to behold.

“Now, where were we… Oh yes, we were discussing your little brother, weren't we?” Sharp Edge said while she smiled down at the now shivering mare before her.

“Wh… What?” Soft Hooves croaked out, even more fear filling her eyes.

“Well, he just went through the exact same thing you did. Although, he has no idea why it happened. From now on, every time you are disobedient or troublesome, your brother will be getting zapped like that… or worse,” Sharp Edge said with a smile.

“No! You can’t!” Soft Hooves said once again with fire in a voice. Sharp Edge’s horn immediately shone up again, glowing even more the last time. Soft Hooves whole body ceased and she gritted her teeth in anticipation of the pain that was to come… nothing. Carefully, she opened her eyes and saw that Sharp Edge’s horn was still going fiercely. Suddenly, realization dawned on her.

“NONONO!!! Please don't hurt him!!! I'll do whatever you want, just please stop hurting my little brother!!!” Soft Hooves cried out in anguish. Sharp Edge’s horn immediately seized crackling with magic. Soft Hooves looked up at her new mistress with tears running down her eyes.

“Good! With that out of the way, I think an appropriate punishment for your insolence will be that you are the main prize for the leash game this evening. This will mean you will most likely end up in the bed with some drunken slobbering galoot of a sailor or guard pony instead of, as we had intended this evening, the luxury suite on the third floor. And if I hear you have made that galoot unhappy in anyway, your little brother will be screaming his head off for the rest of the night! Am I clear, my little tail lifter?” Sharp Edge said, looking harshly down at the crying and trembling form of Soft Hooves.

“Ye… Yes Mistress…” she managed to croak out between sobs.

“Good! You're finally learning… Velvet, be a dear and go make sure Soft Hooves is prepared for tonights entertainment,” Sharp Edge said as she dismissed the crying mare in front of her.

“Of course mother. Come along now, we have to get going if we are to make you look skimpy enough for the leash games,” Velvet Rope said with quite a lot of malicious intent. Soft Hooves followed behind Velvet with her head hanging low.

“Yes Mistress Velvet…” Soft Hooves uttered just before the door cut Sharp Edge off from the continued conversation between the young mare and her daughter. She gave a content sigh and sunk into the exquisite fabrics of her bed, feeling a happy tingling all over her body. It was a feeling she only got after she had completely crushed the hopes any mare or stallion might hold onto that they would be able to escape one day. It was just such a wonderful thing to see the realization dawning in their eyes that they were never going to leave The Officers Club. They might leave it physically, of course, but even on their occasional day off, or because they were recuperating from a particularly violent client, even when they were calmly trotting through the streets of North Bay, deep down they would always know, all of them were constantly at the beck and call of her whims. It was a feeling of power she could not get anywhere else. And Sharp Edge loved it!

****

Thanks to Syvvak for the Pre-read/Edit