• Published 21st May 2012
  • 1,129 Views, 35 Comments

Cursed Eclipse - Across Equestria - AImostpure



The third story of the Cursed Eclipse Saga.

  • ...
1
 35
 1,129

Prim and Proper

Las Pegasus was a true testament to pony ingenuity and engineering. The first settlers discovered the site for the future city seventy years in the past when the western expansion first began. A mile west from the mountains that separated the deserts of the west and the paradise of Equestria, settlers and explorers were amazed to find miles of land rich with vegetation and rich soil. It was declared that the first settlement would begin here. Word of the fertile land in the middle of the desert quickly found its way back to Canterlot bringing in a wealth of investors. Geological surveys discovered the source of the good land; an underground reservoir.

The finding of a near unlimited supply of water gave investors a new breath of air and soon construction began to form the city. The original settlers were pushed out of any further development instead given the task to use their talents of agriculture to begin planting crops and sewing seeds to feed the influx of ponies to the area. The investors quickly had garnered all say in the planning of the city. No longer would it be a hub to further expansion into the desert, instead it transformed into a city where ponies could find their dreams.

Nothing was to be left to chance in the design of Las Pegasus. From the location to the shops and residential homes, to the factories and offices it was planned with a fine eye for detail. Construction of the city to its glory took twenty years from start to finish. New ideas and modern magics were used to create sights no pony had seen before.

South west, south east, and north east areas were designated for building homes. The southern areas would have the more expensive real estate built. Dozens of middle class home peppered around larger manors and small mansions. The northern area became composed of townhouses, condos, and apartments crammed into small complexes to fit as many ponies in one area as possible. Even a city as inspiring as Las Pegasus needed affordable housing.

In the south and east, in between the residential districts, businesses for shopping, and small restaurants were to be built. Smaller buildings were kept to the east, primarily suited for low income and easily accessible supplies. Taller department stores and specialty shops had been given their home to the south catering primarily to high end clientele and ponies with large amounts of disposable income.

Most of the west was kept safe from expansion, with miles left untouched by constructors hooves to allow food to be readily grown. Orchards of apples, stocks of corn, rows of beans, celery, and assortments of other vegetables were planted dutifully and quickly to take in the influx of ponies into the area. Farm owners found their coffers filled to the brim in three seasons time. Never was there a time when the crops did not sell, or the farmers worried of financial woes.

The center of the city, known as the strip, would house the largest structures reaching up straight to the clouds. Each building was built for entertainment for adult and foal alike; Casinos, hotels, and small indoor amusement parks. Structures ranged from typical offices to flamboyant designs such as a skyscraper cupcake to a pirate ship. Each of the tall buildings were covered in clouds at their highest point, but lights that shined through the white fluff indicated they reached higher.

Just outside of the strip, latched onto its outer walls like a parasite, was the more sinful side of Las Pegasus. Sock clubs, exotic dancer establishment, brothels, and low keys bars incited their fair share of normally morally upstanding ponies to venture to their darker desires.

Outside the city limits to the south an airship port, the hospital, and lots for carriages, caravans, and stage coaches were given their fair share for traveling ponies to come to and from the city with ease. The hospital catered to each of the three pony race equally and employed some of the greatest pony doctors that money could bribe to move there.

Finally, the pinnacle of Las Pegasus, laid above a ring of clouds hovering over the strip. Three casinos, built by earth and unicorn ponies, rested on the fluffy clouds. Each building and the streets around them was connected directly to the clouds through the use of thousands of small and large magic stones. It had taken an act of Celestia to gather the magic stones necessary to achieve such a feat. Described as a castle in the clouds, the three casinos were joined by towering walls allowing ponies to easily traverse between without fear of plummeting to the ground below. To gain access, a pony only had to enter the largest ground casinos and ride to the top where the clouds and the buildings met. When construction had finished for the castle, Celestia had been given rights to name each of the three casinos. The middle, adorned with the rising sun and made of pearl marble, was named Sol. The right casino, dignified with a full moon built with onyx marble, was entitled Lunar. Celestia had announced, after Luna's return, that the second casino was named as a reminder of the moon princess. The third casino, refined to perfection using ashen marble and symbolized by a star in the center of a dark sun, was the smallest of the three, Blackened Sun.

Nestled between two department stores was a single two story building set apart from the rest of the stores by its design and appearance. The first floor exterior was designed with two curved showrooms displaying pony mannequins with the latest fashion of socks and saddles. Mirrors surrounded the back half of the display booths. During work hours indigo and fuchsia spotlights danced around the showcases drawing in passersby ponies. Magenta roses with golden stems created a motif around the twin pillars standing on either side of the glass entrance way. An elegant balcony stood over the front doors with spotlights shinning down from the gold railing over the billboard reading, “Prim and Proper Boutique”. The inner workings of the boutique offered a glimpse at the various apparels. Tables of sample saddles, socks with the area for the cutie mark left blank so a pony could select their favorite design and have it personalized, and the newest fashion craze to hit from eastern nations, lingerie. Clothing worn beneath clothes for a species that rarely wore clothes had not caught on except for the elite seeking a new thrill. Rose was the theme of the interior. Yellows, reds, pinks, and peach silk hung as bows or curtains over the lightning to give the ambiance of beauty and calm. Three stalls set to the rear, western wall for less confidant pony to try on their choices in privacy. A counter at the north end guarded the entrance to the storage, kitchen, and sewing areas. A spiral stair case rested in the corner of the storage room lead to the second floor where the owner of the luxurious boutique resided, Prim Rose.

The upstairs consisted of only two rooms; a bedroom and bath. Fresh incense continuously burned giving a floral scent across the spacious bedroom. Candle light, no electric nor magical, was the only light allowed within Prim Rose's sanctuary. Furniture was brought in to amplify the need for a place that the seamstress could create the works she called art. A chaise lounge, peach in color, set out in front of the glass doors to the balcony. A large, round bed adorned with the finest silk and softest cotton sheets. She preferred the lighter colors and kept the bed soft pinks and pale yellows. A bedside table had a digital alarm clock and a single framed picture resting on top of a peach table cover. On the opposite wall was Prim Rose's youth. Images adorned the egg shell white paint depicting foal beauty pageant moments, primarily focused on a young foal with pink, yellow, and peach hair with a rose red coat. Each picture revealed multiple victories for the prize and crown including Little Miss Equestria three years in a row. Two display cases on either side of the picture gallery held each of the tiaras and crowns she won from her career which spanned the age of five until she was fifteen. Two dressers were placed near the wall by the staircase filled various garments and keepsakes from from both past and present. A door near the staircase led to the bathing facilities. Much of the owner's money went to designing and building this essential room of the upstairs home.

In a city that never slept, there was a period of three hours where time slowed down. Ponies woke to attend school or jobs, businesses accepted deliveries and prepared to open, and casinos readied for another haul or tourists and gambling addicts. The Prim and Proper Boutique was no different than the rest of Las Pegasus.

The witching hour began, the haunting melody of a banshee's scream unleashed itself from the alarm clock. A pony shaped lump twitched and groaned from beneath peach and yellow sheets. Only a red horn was visible of the pony. Red in color, three roses were etched joined by one petal at the rounded top. Thorny branches wrapped around the length of her horn ending where horn met scalp. A pink glow radiated from the appendage then encircled the alarm clock crushing it down to a ball of plastic and wires. Silence returned to the room leaving the pony to sigh contently. The ringing of a second alarm, carefully tucked beneath the bed, brought an ire of curses and threats. She could not reach it with her magic without seeing it, so the magic instead gripped the length of her sheets pulling them off.

She laid on the soft, feather mattress in all her glory. Prim Rose, even after leaving the glory of modeling and pageants, still retained the slender figure. She groaned aloud stretching her legs from the top of the bed to the bottom edge. Hooves, white in color as the fur along with the fur around her ankles, scratching at the air trying to reach an invisible destination. Teal colored eyes forced themselves open to seduce her body from its restful state. Prim's mane was longer than most ponies kept. The lengths were wavy with the ends curled keeping it from coming near her hooves when she stood. Colors of her mane were like that of a rose garden. Pinks, yellows, and peach created an extravagant display for the eyes. This was one of the unique features that helped push Prim above the other contestants with the judges. Prim's tail was a forest green, or as some who disliked her claimed, it was her 'stem'. On her flank were two roses closed roses opened towards one another and stems intertwined. The sun did not shine through the windows, the department stores saw to this. Still, the alarm clocks blaring noise was enough to force her to finally raise up. Her neck lowered down her head to gaze beneath her bed, letting her magic now simply turn off the screaming clock. With a heavy sigh, she departed to the bathroom.

Perhaps the most expensive room in the building, the bathing facilities left a pony wanting for nothing more. Floors and walls had been created from redwood. The bathtub was something of Prim's personal design. Solid granite, smoothed and polished, was carved for the entirety of the spa sized tub. Five ponies could easily fit with room left to stretch out. Four shower heads were installed on the ends of curved, copper plated pipes leading from the sides of the bath over to the top. Simple button pushes would releases rainfall of cold, warm, or hot water to meet the users whims. A smaller room was to the right of the bathtub keeping the toilet free form the rest of the room. Opposite this door was a long, copper counter with three sinks and mirrors above. Overhead, soft white light shinned down from magic stones imbedded into the texture of the ceiling. The stones had been carved and designed in the shape of a rose with the flower above the bath and the thorny stem ending near the door. The first hour of her day was spent preparing herself in here. She would never let herself greet a potential customer. She was to appear as beautiful as the items she sold, or it would be worthless to sell them.

Once ready, Prim descended the stairs and made the motion to enter her kitchen. This was the smallest room in her building. Only a refrigerator, a small pantry, a small stove, and a table with two chairs were shoved between the cramped four walls. Little actual cooking was done in here, due to Prim's strict diet, that she only ate foods according to her regime with did not include junk foods or an abundance of sweets. A small salad was consumed with her usual glass of mineral water. Not being much of a morning pony, her appetite was small.

Next in her schedule, thirty minutes of exercise. One part of her beauty pageant days included showing how independent she was apart from the other foals. Her mother insisted she take martial arts to show she could handle danger. The training did a wonder on toning her thighs, and giving her the delicate small waist. Out of enjoyment and exercise she continued the basic exercises to this day.

Everything up until this point fell into a daily routine. Deviation only occurred when Prim Rose willed something to be changed. With her self preparation finished, so began the work to open her store. By the time she began this there was a little over an hour. Opening the store was a simple feat. Magic did most of the work flicking on light switches, folding clothes she may have missed the night before, and doing a spot check for dust on the showcases. The front door was then unlocked and Prim retreated back behind the counter to gather a quill and parchment. Her magic holding the feather item, she began to sketch out anything that came to mind. Until ten in the morning, she did this and greeted the occasional delivery pony with shipments of materials. Then when the clock hit 10 AM, the next stage of Prim's daily routine began. A poster by the door, one of her few advertising ads, depicted a white pony's flank with a single purple diamond cutie mark. The tag line read in bold white letters against a black background, “Don't be fooled by a rarity, looks your best with a Prim and Proper treasure.”

Bells attached to the door gave a jingling at the entrance of a pony who arrived each and every day. Magic power gave a gentle push behind its user closing the swinging door once they entered. A apricot unicorn gave his presence to the Boutique. His mane stood out against the contrast of his coat. lime Green, dyed, shaved into a long Mohawk with the front tip hanging down just between a pair of picturesque sandy pools. Same sandy pools were difficult to see these days. Since winning a radio contest, Open Heart had won a pair of genuine, worn by the DJ herself, Pon-3 crimson lenses glasses. He could be such a foal with his obsessions. His tail was still its natural color of aquamarine. Open Heart's cutie mark depicted a valentine heart with a needle and thread on top of it. Prim knew he would be here, as he was every day right when she opened. Open Heart was her best friend and confidant since her teenage days. They had met when he had placed himself outside the modeling studio demanding to see a colt model. Prim was assaulted by a fan that day, and Open Heart had rescued her. A doctor transplant surgeon at Las Pegasus General, Open's schedule was always open. He was an exceptional doctor who had been courted from Canterlot with the promise of a high salary. In truth, there was few need for a doctor of his caliber on call in Las Pegasus. Many ponies who came would only stay for a week or less at a time and the residents were not in the worse shape of their lives either. This left his schedule open to do as he pleased until an appointment or consultation called him back. For this he wore only a single black belt with a black, magic device that would page him when needed. “Sup! Prim! How did last night go?”

“Last night? You mean my date that contacted me through my personal ad in the paper? The date that you insisted I go on because I'd eventually become a crazy cat lady without owning any cats?” Prim had seated herself on a stool behind the counter. Her tail raised up across her lap keeping a lady like posture. In front of her a fashion magazine was displayed showing various winter fashions to be released for the coming cold. “The very date that turned out to an obsessed mare who was a former rival for pageant glory? Who, after I beat her, believed that we would make 'magic' together?” Prim scoffed using her magic to turn the page of her magazine. One hind leg lifted up crossing down across the other. “She had a full presentation, with a slide show, of what our lives would be like after we had a dozen foals and put them through modeling.”

Open's laughter earned him a well deserved glare. He was the type of pony who smiled even when angry which only gave a rise in most that was around him. Today though his mood was especially jovial. Hooves skipped over the ground taking him straight towards where his best friend was. Raising his front torso, his forelegs cross and he leaned forward against the wood. Ah the smell of fresh apple perfume touched his nose. It must have been a new scent Prim had chosen. “Well, I had the time of my life last night. Met the colt of my dreams. It was love at first sight!”

Deadpan expression was the reply that Open would have to his announcement. Prim rose her head up from her magazine staring at her stallion friend with an unamused withdraw. “Open, we've discussed this. There is no such thing as love at first sight. It is lust. Plain and simple.” Her tone became that of a class lecture. Prim even set a hoof to her mouth clearing her throat in preparation. “We do not know if it is love just by appearance. There is no magic element nor magic wave that tells us if this pony is our destined lover or not. We react to the fetishes and desires our physical body holds and go from there. It is lust, plain and simple.”

How Open could scowl and smile was a mystery that Prim had never learned. Still, he managed to give off the negative vibes of disagreement while maintaining his upbeat atmosphere. His knees remained on the counter and hooves raised up. He shook his head causing his hair to sway just seconds behind each turn of his head. “There ya go again. You need to stop thinking that logic and planing will see you through and just leap forward without looking. You did it with this shop and doing it with love is no different... Well look at the time. It's the harpy hour!” He shifted a quick look at the clock that hung behind the wall. The time had struck fifteen minutes past ten signaling the final act of Prim's daily routine.

Again the bells on the door jingled with the entrance of another pony. This time it was an older earth pony. Her mane and tail were a green very similar to Prim Rose's but lacked the brightness in color. Age had begun to take its effect fading away the youth and vibrancy. This mare had a rare coat among ponies. As Prim Rose did, her hooves were white but unlike Prim her nose was as well. Most of her coat remained a bright raspberry red. The area around her cutie mark, a pair of lilies opening in opposite directions with stems circling around one another, held blotches or specks of a dark magenta. A small pair of gold rim glasses rested on the bridge of an forever upturned nose. The pony's hair was cut short, mane plastered against the sides giving it the appearance of upside down waves curling upwards to meet her cheeks. “Prim Rose, I have found the perfect stallion for you!” She spoke aloud trotting to the counter. Not a glance nor acknowledgment was given to Open Heart whom stuck the tip of his tongue out to her.

“Mother.” A cold voice spoke past Prim's lips. One would suspect ice to gather at the point that the two pony's stares met. It was the moment that Open often joked about making ice cream from the chill that ran through the air when these two met.

“Lily Petal! How good to see you? Ever get that stick taken out? Or just like the feel of it?” Open spoke up receiving the two mares to turn their glares upon him. Dropping from the counter he took the motion to gain a bit of distance between the two.

“As I was saying,” Lily Petal began again turning from Open with a slight 'harumph', “I found a nice respectable stallion for you. Now he maybe a bit old, but that only means that you can move on that much faster. He knows of your old pageant days and would love to meet you!”

“Every day, mother. Every day you come to my place of business sprouting off about finding me a nice stallion.” A slow, shaky breath pulled in through Prim's nostrils. There was little calm to be had when dealing with her mother. “I am not interested in stallions. I am interested in mares. Only mares, always mares.”

“Still? I thought you would be over that phase!” Lily scoffed shaking her head to Prim. Her tail swished behind her barely touching over the wooden floor. “Ever since you were a little girl... Why can't you just be normal like mommy wants?”

“It is not a phase. Again, you say that every single day. This conversation is the same every day! It wont change, I don't like males! This is normal, I'll have you know!” Both of her front hooves slammed against the counter's top. Open retreated back behind her, placing his hooves to her shoulders giving a gentle rub. “Really, Mother, we've been through this for six years, since I was sixteen and I told you, and regardless of what is done or said you wont let it go.”

“You have to admire that kind of determination, Prim, not many parents are this dedicated to their children.” Open chirped grinning broadly to Lily. “So what if she has the intelligence of a run over toad...”

Prim groaned at her friend's cheap shots at her mother. On normal days she was fine with it, but today just felt wrong to do. “Not helping, Open.” Prim could have slammed her hoof through her face at what her mother sprouted off.

“If only your father were here...” A false sigh of remorse slid past her lips. Her right foreleg came up sweeping over her brow. Lily shook her head in desperation at the manner that Prim acted.

“He was here, yesterday when you came. And he told you to let me live my life how I wanted then dragged you out once you began to scream that I was not living the way you wanted.” A thankful smile was given to her friend.

“Yes. I must say, he's the sane one of your parents, Prim. Unfortunately, the insane one always seems to find her way out of her box.” Once more, Open found himself under the frozen watch of Lily. “I for one am certain if she wasn't so frigid then your father could actually give her a good bucking. And if he could do that, then maybe she wouldn't be this way!”

“How dare you! I will not take such words from a deviant coltcuddler!” Lily upturned her nose once more turning her head away from Open and Prim. “By Celestia's grace your kind should just be turned to dust and..”

“You do not talk about Open like that!” Prim had heard enough to today from her mother. Around the counter she came, the unicorn doctor behind her to offer assistance, pressing her face directly against Lily's. “Understand this, mother, and get it through your thick, old fashioned head. I will repeat myself again, as I have every day since I first told you I was, how you like to always term it, a fillyfooler. These feelings that Open and I have are not some choices that we wake up one day to make.” Onward she pushed, forcing a now stuttering and worried Lily back towards the door. “They are as normal and natural as you loving father. Even if I say, 'don't ever come back,' you will. So for now, just get the buck out until you decide to apologize to my friend, as you always do the next day!” Magic swung the door open for the earth pony to be forced out.

Open hung back far enough just to hear Lily stutter and curse lightly. The door slammed with a heavy whoosh, and Prim turned to return to the counter. The doctor gave a glance at the clock. “Ah a new record. Eight minutes from start to finish. Maybe tomorrow you can beat her when she comes in?” Open chuckled coming back behind Prim. He stopped in front of the advertising poster on the wall. Eyes traced over the old parchment. “When are you going to change this advertisement? How long are you going to hate that pony anyway?” Open came back to his stop at the counter. “It's been three years since you two fought at the Expo in Manehatten. I really think it was an accident and not her sending her sister to,” Open Heart wiggled his hooves in the air, “go and 'sabotage' your saddles.”

Prim Rose sighed laying her head, cheek against the counter. The smell of oak drifted to her nose and the cold felt refreshing. “Yes, I know this. I can't afford to have new posters printed, nor can I afford any actual models.” Her forelegs curled up around her head brushing a hoof to draw back her multicolored hair. “I refuse to model my own merchandise and risk my mother trying to pull me back into it... If I could find a pony, she wouldn't have to be stunning, just somepony eye catching. I could pay them in socks and saddles.”

Open's lips parted to inject sarcasm into her idea of a plan, but the beeping form the device on his belt caused his smile to turn into a smirk. “Well, it's time for me to head to the hospital. I have to reattach a pegasus' wing. Poor pony got drunk and tried to do a Spitfire Fireball Tumble.” The unicorn doctor turned around from the counter trotting back to the front door. “Sliced off going through a window. Well time to work my 'magic'.” His hooves waggled again when he turned enough for Prim to see. “See you for dinner?”

Prim smiled lightly lifting her head enough to see a full view of her friend. “Yes. Bye, Open.” A hoof waved and the seamstress returned to staring at the wall. It was now ten thirty, the first customers usually arrived at eleven. Thirty minutes of pure boredom was her reward for finishing the fight with her mother early.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It was a fortunate turn of events, with only having five bits between four ponies,that the owner of the Caravan Park was a long time fan of Spiral's. An agreement was made that for a photo with the stunt pony and an autograph the caravan could park there until Spiral came back from the bank. Spiral prepared herself, adjusting her saddle bags onto her back with the aid of Eclipse's magic, to make the short trek to the nearest bank.

“Trixie will be accompanying you. She does not trust that you will keep your end of the bet.” Spiral had nearly made her exit from the caravan when the Show Mare spoke up from behind. Trixie had yet to adorn her cape and hat, but magic had readied them to be worn for departure.

The large, amber pony was slow to turn her head back to the egotistical one. A twitch struck her right eye as she stared in Trixie's direction. “Ah hell no.” The point was swift and blunt. “I am going no where with you alone unless it's in a place with no witnesses, and I'm sure not taking the faker with me, and I wouldn't want Eclipse to see the kind of places out there just yet.”

Eclipse and Copy lifted their heads once they heard a reference to them. The two had sat at the center table, a deck of cards set out for a friendly came of poker between themselves and Trixie. A glowing orb of magic rested on the table offering heat to those around it. It was a spell that Trixie had taught Eclipse during their travel from Cowhapachi to Las Pegasus. Copy was using a card holder, held between her hooves, to keep her cards close to her face. Eclipse and Trixie had simply used magic. Spiral was not wanting to play without bits or other prizes on the table, so she simply chose to try and coach Eclipse until she left for the bank. Sadly, Eclipse knew more about the game than Spiral did.

“Hey, I wanna go see Las Pegasus too!” Copy chirped laying her card holder face down to the table's surface. Wings brushed down across her flank as she raised up off her haunches. “I've always wanted to see some of the places there!”

“See? Trixie wishes to visit some of the casinos that she performed in.” The azure mare turned her head letting her silver and blue mane swished around the curve of her neck. “She will not be told to simply stay put.”

Spiral Flame stomped a hoof against the pillowed floor. A quick glare shot between the two ponies. “Look, I'm going to the bank, then to the Airship port to get tickets for Eclipse, you, and sadly, the faker. I lost last night, last time I play a unicorn without magic wards around, and I will keep my end up. Furthermore, I don't need a showpony taking away the spotlight from me! I have fans all over Las Pegasus and I,” Spiral stomped her hoof again, tossing her head back to bring her chestnut mane from her face, “Will not let them be disappointed.”

“She ne..needs to do this, right? So le..let's let her go and we can still pl..play cards.” Eclipse sat with her hind legs bent beneath her. Ladylike, she let her tail come over her lap. The cards had folded back to keep anypony from seeing what she held for that hand.

“See? Eclipse is on my side!” Spiral turned back around from the trio of ponies. “Ciao!” A hind leg hooked the door with her ankle swinging it shut behind her.

The three ponies readjusted back around the table to continue their friendly game. Part of the agreement with the owner was that they had to remain with their caravan until they paid, if the money didn't come they were to leave or have their belongings taken for payment. Cards were collected with Eclipse's magic then shuffled, and dispensed to the trio. On the table, beneath the warmth of the magic sphere, were pieces of hay and small hard candies. These were used for currency when placing bets.

“So.. Eclipse.. How did you meet Spiral anyway?” The pegasus slid a wing forward holding two cards between her feathers, placing them face down on the table to be replaced by two new ones. An opportunity had come up allowing Copy to get some conversation with Eclipse without the meddling interruptions from Spiral. Her upper teeth bit down against her bottom lip drawing it into her mouth to apply soft nibbles.

“Oh. We..well after I had been sep..seper..separated from Octavia and Vinyl she le...let me sleep with her in her be..bed. Aft..after she said she'd he..help me get back to Ma..Manehatten or Trotting..Trottingham.” Eclipse did not seem to find the harshness or underlying purpose that could have been in Copy's question. “She ve..very nice actually. But seems to ta..take things wrong when other po..ponies talked to me.”

“How so?” The question came quickly. Teeth went back to nibbling on her bottom lip, quickly becoming an nervous tick whenever she spoke to Eclipse without the purest of intentions. Her wings twitched, eyes shifting to Trixie who had remained quiet since Spiral left.

“Tw..two ponies offered us nuts and ci..cider but she got angry and hi..hit them. Then when the sta..stallions pulling the co..coach asked me some..somethings she said we..were wrong she got into a fi..fight with them.” The reply did not give anything to Spiral that she may not have guessed herself. It only caused worry in her of the possible violence Spiral may show in the future.

The azure pony, who had been quiet so far, finally found something to speak up about. She shifted her self on her haunches, back and forth to give some feeling to her legs. “Trixie has to say that she isn't the most subtle of ponies. Beating her at cards almost made her feel bad.” The show mare waved a hoof towards Spiral. “Go get Trixie some tea. The kettle is in the cupboard the magic stove.”

Spiral huffed but did as she was told. Since yesterday she had been at Trixie's beck and call. The thought of angering the unicorn came with a hint of fright even with Eclipse there to perhaps protect her. “She doesn't seem that nice either. Always calling me faker. I think she needs to lighten up a bit.” Though it was not a high spot, without magic using the kettle out with hooves alone was a challenge. Her wings spread giving her some flight up to pull the copper item out by its wooden handle with her mouth.

Eclipse didn't know what to say in reply to that. She did not know Spiral, well any of these three ponies long enough to defend nor speak on why they may act one way or another. She stared at her cords, well past them to the table the magic ball she created. A slight tingle struck her from her horn bringing her to stare over to Trixie. The showpony had since turned her attentions upon Eclipse, smirking all the while.

The card game had been forgotten just as quickly as it had begun. With Spiral no long there, both Copy and Trixie felt they could talk on subjects they couldn't before. A knee pressed to the table letting her chin come against her hoof. “Tell me, Eclipse, what happened to your horn? It takes a lot to damage or even chip a unicorn's horn, but to have it break as it is makes Trixie wonder.”

Actions to fill the kettle with water from a canteen and set to the magic stove were clumsy at best. Trixie question to Eclipse made the act of making tea now become a secondary desire. It had long been a subject on Copy's mind. With what she had heard of Unicorn horns, it would not be a good story to hear. “Hey, Trixie, can you turn the stove on?” Two tea bags were dropped into the kettle from their place in a cardboard box near where several canteens were.

Azure horn glowed a cyan blue color setting magic to ignite the stove to produce heat. Eclipse watched, taking in the sight of the spell to try out later. When Copy was at the front of the caravan, Trixie had taken it on herself to teach Eclipse a few easy spells. The alicorn was a quick study and there was little cause to be upset if she did mess up even the smallest bit. Her mind had wandered, thankfully, from the question Trixie posed but a cough brought it back. Shame rushed through her body. She had only told two ponies of what occurred, she didn't want to tell anymore yet. “I can't sa..say.” Whispered words spoke causing Trixie to become irritated.

“For a unicorn to have her horn broken is not something that is come across very often. Trixie feels that you should tell her this much at least.” Trixie huffed sitting upright with her forelegs crossing over her chest. “After all, she did give you the ride in her caravan so Trixie learning about you isn't out of the question, is it?”

There was a sting to the words that slid a sharp point against Eclipse's heart. The feeling of shame only grew inside of her. She flinched her eyes closed hanging her head forward. There was no desire to talk about the horrors of the past. Reasons she spoke up before were only from fear and sadness, more feelings she did not want to hear. It took a phenomenal amount of will power alone just to keep the memories at pay as it was. A hoof suddenly set to her shoulder let a wave of relief to come down. Eclipse looked up to find Copy now sitting next to her smiling gently to the wounded alicorn.

“Listen.” Copy's voice felt weak to the task to push back Trixie's questions and guilt dripped words. She set one hoof onto each of Eclipse's shoulders, even if her courage was at the pit of her stomach threatening to flee if Copy continued, she persisted in speaking, “Would you tell everypony that asked what happened? If she's this upset... Maybe we should wait until we've known her longer than a few days...” Voice finally dropped out at the end of her sentence. At that point she wished she had some dyes to change her appearance, then she would be able to defend Eclipse right. Before Trixie could speak, Copy had an idea. A moment of concentration, and Copy spoke not with her squeaky sound, but with Trixie's actress tone. “After all, Copy is certain Trixie has things she wishes not to elaborate on, hm? Like a certain purple pony shrine?”

Hatred rushed across to fill Trixie's eyes staring at Copy rather than Eclipse. Biting back any kind of threats or insults she wanted to throw at Copy, Trixie instead relaxed her posture. “Point taken. Fine, Trixie has a different question. You've said the name Octavia a number of times. Trixie wishes to know if you mean Octavia Philharmonica.”

A smile that Eclipse presented to Copy for her words and actions sent a wave of heat through the pegasus she could not explain. Copy believed her feelings to only be one of the many crushes she had on mares since she realized her attraction to them. New emotions and desires came forward with each glance she gave of Eclipse and smile she received ever since they met months ago. Inaudible words followed with mumbles, and Copy sputtered out to look away.

This was something Eclipse felt no worries to answer. The mention of Octavia's last name brought a charismatic nod. “Ye..Yes. She's a cellist for the Manehatten Symphony Orchestra.”

“And Vinyl would be Vinyl Tracks?” The kettle began to whistle signaling the boiling of the water. Trixie's magic brought it to levitate bringing it to the three ponies along with three cups. An equal amount of liquid was poured into each, and the bowl of sugar cubes was soon magicked to them.

Another nod from Eclipse, now clapping her hooves together. “Ye..yes she is! But on sta..stage she goes by DJ Pon-3.”

“DJ Pon-3?” Copy asked suddenly. Her back stiffened at the same moment her wings shot out from her back. Trixie did not fail to take notice of this, while Eclipse did not having her back to Copy.

“Trixie was hoping you would say that. Yes, Trixie owns a number of Miss Philharmonica's records. They can add the much needed spice for Trixie's performances or to relax to.”

“Her music is wonderful. Vi..Vinyl's is also a very powerful performer, I sa...saw many of their shows.” Eclipse no longer felt the feelings of shame that were brought on by the question of her horn. The dreary mood had been vanquished with the questions of her two friends. Something behind her caused Eclipse to turn, rather, Copy had set her hooves to Eclipse's shoulder forcing her to turn.

“You live with DJ Pon-3?!” The white pegasus squealed loudly. “I have to get her autograph!”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It was a hoof race with her self through the streets of lower Las Pegasus. I left Eclipse alone with that damnable faker! Celestia only knows what's being said! It had occurred to Spiral Flame, once she had left the bank, of a fatal error. During the trip, she had done everything she could to keep Color Copy and Eclipse under her supervision or from talking without another pony present. There had been plans that Trixie would have easily broken up any talks, but Spiral wasn't going to count on it. The rush to escape the caravan, Trixie, and Copy, led Spiral to leave without foreseeing possible consequences. She had not known Eclipse long enough to have built any sort of real relationship with her, and if Copy had known her first, there was that risk in her mind the faker could sabotage anything she had done.

To the bank had been Spiral's first destination. Sure enough she had run into a number of fans along the way who recognized either her cutie mark or abnormally large, muscular size. Photographs with their idol were taken, and some produced markers for her to sign pictures or flanks. An kiss or hug were not out of the question from male or female alike and both were welcomed with ease. At the bank she was treated as a celebrity might. An employee showed her to a private office to talk about her transactions, how many bits she would need, and even was offered to be taken to lunch by the bank manager. Lunch was turned down, not wanting to take too much time away from returning to the caravan, and enough bits for fun on the town, two first class, and two coach tickets.

Having time to herself did not bode well for Spiral's mind. She had time to think and it wasn't a healthy hobby for her to think. Dammit, Spitfire, why did you go and make a threat like that? I'd have nailed the filly, put her on an airship, and been back to Appleloosa by now if you hadn't... hadn't... For Spitfire to get angry, it would have taken an act of Celestia or something built up over time. Only one time in the past did Spiral see her show such animosity towards another pony. It was when a sponsor had tried to force a new Wonderbolt into a backroom to keep his position. Spiral remembers the way she kicked the sponsor out rather vividly. At the time, Spiral was a newcomer to the stunt scene and was working clean up between minor performances. I had to have done something worse for her to do that. Did she really hate those little games? Did... Other ponies hate the things I did? Doubt came over her. If she wasn't the life of the party she thought she was, then what was she? Why does being around Eclipse feel different. She doesn't treat me like any other pony does. We practically had to force her to accept the charity given to her, she had no idea who I was... Yet looking at her I can't do what I want to do to her and leave. It wouldn't feel right. Her head hurt at the thought.

An image of Eclipse appeared in her mind. Everything about the filly had been different from her wings to her eyes to her mane. The stunt pony had been entranced by her at first sight. When they went to Spiral's hotel room, the order of things should have been known outright. Instead, Eclipse simply went to bed. Was it the devastation of not performing carnal acts with Eclipse that had caused Spiral such torment? Or was it something more? When I hit those two stallions at the stand, she didn't seem phased, when I got us kicked off the coach, she wasn't angry. Just a forgiving pony with no sense of when to shout. Yet, she protected the faker without cause. Would she do that for me? What am I to her... Dear Celestia what is she to me!?

Time can be fickle when it moves. Battling her own thoughts and emotions sped up the process of passing each minute bringing her to the destination of the airship dock that much quicker. She wouldn't notice that she purchased four first class tickets instead of her original plan. After setting the bits on the counter, Spiral finally glanced around the large, W shaped building. There were four raised podiums for two airships to dock at each. The only unusual thing that she saw, was the abnormal amount of Pegasus Guards. Each had a brand on their armor signifying their deployment being directly from Canterlot. For Canterlot guards to be here, Spiral only assumed some big shot or low rung royalty was to arrive. It had nothing to do with her, she decided. Tickets were dispensed, picked up with her mouth, then dropped into one of her saddle bags.

Departure from the terminal was set for tomorrow at noon which left her time to see some sights. She had wanted to visit some of the exotic clubs before leaving. She'd drag Copy with her if she had to. Leaving Eclipse alone with Trixie was bad enough, but she would not leave her with Copy without being present herself. Then it struck her. Spiral did leave Eclipse with Copy without her supervision. A heavy feeling rushed into her belly. She knew little of Trixie aside from the magic, inflated ego, and speaking about her self in third person. For all Spiral knew, she would be willing to let Copy be alone with Eclipse and turn things against her. This train of thought lead her to begin galloping down the streets right back to the lot. At the gate, the owner was waiting patiently for the stunt pony's return. Spiral wasted no time in paying the stallion. Any attempts he made at small talk was brushed off as she took off again for the caravan.

The covered wagon was not far off from the entrance. Coming within feet of the rear door, Spiral ceased her rapid movements when she heard music. It was blaring from within the confines of the traveler's home. Upbeat melody was easily such played during parties or in clubs. Spiral knew the song from the parties she'd attended. It was from DJ Pon-3's third album, if she recalled. This was only an after thought to her. Up the steps that lead to the backdoor, Spiral used her head to but open the wooden slab. The horror she saw lead her to realize that her worst fears had come true.

Music played heavily like a thick fog that block one's hearing instead of eye sight. Trixie stood on her hind legs upon the center table. Before she Spiral had burst in, she was staring down at the side of the table. Abrupt entrance let her stray away from what she had been so focused on seeing the amber pony return. Spiral locked eyes with Trixie, then together came back to look at what Trixie was so focused on before. On the ground splayed out on a pile of pillows, Eclipse laid with her hind legs parted, her wings extended to their full lengths, and her hair a mess of starlight around her. Above her, with a hoof at either side of Eclipse's head pressing down onto the pillows below, Copy laid on top of the gray filly. Each of them stared at one another, Copy's cheeks fused to become strawberry red, but flushed pale white when Spiral burst through the door.

Animosity fueled Spiral into a rage induced fit. She brought her head low, dragging her right hoof across the pillowed floor. Each grunt acted as a countdown. Tail hung down behind her, unmoving furthering the bodily language of her wrath. Teeth clenched together, lips flaring apart following heavy breathing to try and focus her thoughts and sights on the pure white pegasus. Copy knew what was about to happen.

Backwards she spring boarded her body off from Eclipse's fallen form. Her hooves waved back and forth frantically. Wings beat the air lifting her up near the caravan's ceiling, though it wouldn't be enough to separate her from Spiral should the amazonian pony choose to charge. “It isn't what you think! For the love of Celestia it isn't!” Ears went flat, high pitched, frantic pleas left her mouth in rapid succession hoping that they may give her some stay of execution.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It had been a day and a half since Iron Mind, Octavia, and Vinyl Scratch came to Canterlot with Fancy Pants and his private airship. Arrival came at the Castle's landing dock. Earth pony and unicorn guards stood rank and file along the edge of the platform, with pegasus guards floating behind and the castle's physician When the wide doors of the airship's hatch opened, they moved in with three wheelchairs to collect the three ponies. Orders from the physician would not let them simply walk off the airship even if they had been fine through the trip.

Octavia and Vinyl parted with Iron without so much as a goodbye from the stoic guard captain. Iron had been escorted off by a white unicorn with cyan, sapphire, and ultramarine blue strips and a flame orange bat pegasus with bright fuchsia hair. For the mares, they were escorted to the doctor's office only to be given to a second physician. A unicorn, with a sunset orange coat, candy apple red hair, and cutie mark of an atom with a beaker at its center. She introduced herself as Doctor Split Atom and happily began to examine both of the mares.

Questions proposed were invasive and to the point. Split Atom inquired love lives and favorites foods as if it was a common examination question as asking about allergies. A woozy Vinyl had no problems offering Octavia's favorite positions and more public places they've made love. Octavia, on the other hoof, refused to answer such questions until a proper explanation for their meaning was given. Split Atom's physical exam was worse for Octavia than the questions. Split took measurements of every inch of each pony, barely paying attention to any injuries either had. In the end, a bottle of painkillers was given to Octavia with simple instructions to give one pill to Vinyl when the pain became too much.

Once released, they were escorted to a guest tower in the castle where the two remained. It was a very spacious set of rooms for guests. Though only consisting of three rooms, a bedroom, bathroom, and living room, each could fit a small apartment. Pegasus guards kept a constant watch around the tower, meals prepared by the Princess' chef were delivered at scheduled times. Medication given to Vinyl had a side effect that made the white unicorn drowsy and exhausted. Vinyl slept since her first pill waking only to eat, take another pill, and crawl back into bed again. It had left Octavia with plenty of time on her hooves. Having taken her cello with her, she played to her heart's content for the enjoyment of it. A task she had not done in many months.

Lunch today came with a welcome surprise. Their host on the airship, and important pony, Fancy Pants, came bearing expensive pastries to share. Fancy Pants used a special favor in order to be able to enter the guest tower for the surprise. Vinyl remained asleep this time, so it left Octavia and Fancy Pants enjoying lunch without the random outbursts of the DJ.

“...And that was the first time I had ever seen Iron become angry.” An inquiry of Iron Mind's condition lead to Fancy Pants talking of their time at the university. “Despite aiding the mare, he was brought before the Campus court to be thrown out. I wouldn't have it. Not every pony sees a mare being abused and will immediately move to stop it. He would not go it alone, I volunteered as his lawyer and through careful planning on both our parts, he was allowed to return to school. After, he gained quite a reputation and ponies came to him for help with their own abuse problems.” Magic lifted a steaming cup of tea to Fancy's lips for a slow, drawn out sip. The taste of Earl Gray was always held a calming effect for him. “He examined each time, and thanks to the reputation he held from the first time, never had to become physical when he intervened. I think that's what lead him to abandon any start working for his father and to become a guard.”

Octavia sat, doe eyed watching and listening to Fancy. From her perspective, it seemed that the wealthy pony held much respect for the guard captain. It was not surprising to her considering the stories of chivalry and courage that Fancy rambled on about. “He is fortunate to have a friend as yourself.” Octavia raised her own cup of tea, by her hooves in the manner pegasi and earth ponies did, gratefully sipping of the delicious flavor.

“As I am to have him.” Fancy Pants spoke factually. “During a conference with the Princess over transportation between Manehatten and Trottingham, she told me of why she chose him to be her captain.”

It was the cue to begin a new story. The cellist wouldn't interrupt nor want him to to stop. Iron had saved her and Vinyl from what may have been their final moments alive. She wanted to repay him somehow, and learning more about him was a good start to this. “Please, go on.”

“It was during a parade through Canterlot. If I do recall it was during a Spring Celebration Festival.” Magic lifted a powder sugar dusted lemon square for Fancy to take a large bite from. Chewing and swallowing he returned to speak, “A foal had darted out in front of one of the floats, Iron was the only guard to break protective formation to snatch the little filly up and stop her from being crushed. She sobbed that she had only wanted to see the Princess up close. Knowing that he would be punished for breaking rank, he let the filly onto his back and brought her directly to Celestia. He bowed to her, and Celestia brought the filly onto the float she sat on until she could be rejoined with her parents.” Laughter rang out as Fancy Pants poured himself another cup of Earl Gray. “He was nearly demoted, but Celestia requested a different punishment. She said she foresaw him doing great things. His punishment?” Imagining Iron Mind doing the act still brought such mirthful thoughts to Fancy's mind. “He was to foalsit in the castle nursery for two weeks. Nurses there said that babies rarely cried when he was there, and when they did, he was quick to rock them back to sleep or calm them down. It explained a lot about how great of a father he is with his own foal.”

“A guard captain, a father, and friends with Fancy Pants. Are you attempting to make him perfect?” Octavia teased finishing the contents of her cup. A honey drizzled scone was retrieved by mouth for a quick bite.

“He is far from perfect, my dear, I'll tell you the tale of the first shouting match he and Celestia had when he became captain, you see...” Fancy Pants' next story would not be able to continue. A quick knock at the door brought an unexpected caller.

The pegasus guards stationed outside the door opened it with wings extended. Entering was one of the ponies Octavia saw escort Iron from the airship; the unicorn. White coat and a mixture of different shades of blue in his mane and tail. His cutie mark was of a dark blue shield with a red star at its center, and three white stars above it. Blue hooves clip clopped over the carpeted floors of the guest room. The pony's face was youthful and kind, an ever present determined smile curved on his lips. A red, formal military coat was worn on his torso. The color and cufflinks used the same, gold material with white buttons. A blue sash was draped across the front of his chest, and a brown belt over his waist. “I apologize for intruding.” He spoke in a proper manner lowering his head in a respectful act. “You are Miss Octavia Philharmonica, correct?”

“Yes, I am Octavia.” The gray mare spoke up but didn't raise from her chair. She was not quite sure who this stallion was. He wore clothes of a military manner, but what he did was a mystery to her. “Is there something the matter?”

“Ah Captain Shining Armor, how good of you to join us.” Fancy Pants spoke up bringing his magic to let an extra tea cup, brought for Vinyl, come towards the white pony brimming with the warm liquid. “Come, join us.”

“Ah, Fancy Pants, good day to you. While I would be honored to, I am afraid I do not have time to join you, but I would be willing to take a rain check.” Shining Armor replied stepping towards Octavia. “Miss Octavia, Princess Celestia requests that tonight, after the moon rise, that you and Vinyl Scratch give attendance in the royal court. She has matters that she wishes to discuss on the pony, Eclipse, and believes both of you deserve to be there.”

Fancy Pants remained quiet when Eclipse's name was spoken. He had only heard whispers of her from maids and Iron Mind seemed to tight lipped on the subject. There was concern he shouldn't even be hearing of this now.

“Has something been learned? Did they find her?” This brought Octavia to rise from her chair coming to stand in front of Shining. She was pleading with her eyes seeking some sort of information to calm her nerves. It did not come.

Shining Armor shook her head, lowering his gaze from her. “I am afraid that any information to where she is has not come. What I can say is that numerous pegasus guards were dispatched to Las Pegasus since your arrival and are keeping watch for a pony of her description. All things considered, someone of her appearance would stand out easily and we hope to have some news soon.”

“I see.” Octavia's mood became downtrodden. Her ears flattened down on her head, a miserable sigh escaping. Like a mother seeking the whereabouts of a runaway child, she held on tightly to the hope that the filly would be found soon. “I will make sure that Vinyl does not take any of the pain medication she was given when she wakes. I would hate for her to be under its effects during a meeting with royalty.”

At the mention of main medication, Shining became perplexed and it showed. He raised his head up casting a quick glance to Fancy Pants then back to Octavia. “Pain medication? Did she have it before she arrived here? I was told the physician did not prescribe any to her.”

Movements traced the sullen mare back to her chair retaking the seat she had before. She wanted to eat the sweet pastry she had chosen, but the feeling of lead in her belly stopped any kind of desire to sedate her hunger. “Yes, Doctor Split Atom had prescribed her with medicine for her head injury.”

The two white ponies in front of her would have been translucent if they could become paler. At mention of 'Split Atom', Fancy and Shining smiled weakly not wanting to stay what was truly going through their minds, so Shining settled for the path well traveled. “I would recommend not taking the medicine, and if the doctor approaches you again, scream for help or until Iron Mind arrives. It would be in your best interest.”

Movement of her head turning may have broken a lesser pony's neck. She narrowed her visions down onto them. Feelings of being told only half truths twitched her ears back to stand once more. Octavia inhaled deeply. “That wasn't a real doctor was it?”

“I am afraid it wasn't a medical doctor. She is a scientist.” Fancy answered before Shining could. “Split Atom is mostly harmless, though why she would pose as a medical doctor for you two isn't too out of the ordinary for her... whims.”

“Whims? Who is this pony that she goes into an infirmary, the Royal Infirmary, to assist injured ponies without anypony else knowing?” Flabbergasted, Octavia pressed her hooves against the table and leaned forward. What was once a straight, black mane now became frazzled with strands poking out in random areas like broken cello cords.

“She is the leading energy scientist at Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns, and also Iron Mind's wife. Split enjoys gathering information on ponies she meets, who are important, or just catch her fancy. Considering Iron Mind injured himself further to aid you both, it seems she decided to throw a net out.” Shining began his march back to the front doors. “She will be present during tomorrow's meeting when we discuss what our next plans are.”

“It does explain the questions that she inquired about.” An audience with the Princess Celestia tonight, perhaps Luna maybe there, and tomorrow was to be a meeting? What was the audience for then? Weakly, she smiled to Fancy Pants who simply offered a calming one in return. Stirring from the bedroom gave reprieve to Octavia's worries. Vinyl was waking.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“Because Eclipse asked, I'm buying you a ticket to come with us. Because Eclipse asked, I even brought that showpony and you to dinner, which because of how you talked about it, we went to that snot filled, foal haven, noise factory called Wonder-Cheeses,” Spiral began to rant on the whispers of annoyance. They had just departed from a large eatery with families pouring in and out constantly beneath the glow of neon lights. 'Wonder-Cheeses' hung over the entrance carved from wood and lined with blue and yellow lights. Fake smoke pumped out of pipes behind the sign while plastic lightning bolts swayed up and down cutting into the thick gray. It was a chain restaurant pushing cheap Wonderbolts theme thrills and cardboard posed as pizza onto screaming foals and gullible parents, “You got her worked up over the magic of Wonder-Cheeses so any attempts to eat at someplace that served hard alcohol was out.” With their bellies full, the four ponies walked back towards the lot. Just as in Cowhapachi Trixie and Eclipse walked in front with Copy and Spiral behind. It was thirty past five, and the sun was entering its final stages limiting its light to an after glow on the horizon.

Color Copy hung her head down forward. On top of her white wings, were a pair of fake yellow wings with 'Spitfire' printed over the end feathers' tips. A plastic bag, the handle made of cloth string, hung down from Copy's neck filled with various candies and other cheap two bit prizes. Color Copy was a master at skee ball. Luck had been on Copy's side leading up to this point. After Spiral caught her on top of Eclipse in the caravan, she had nearly lost her life by a charging pony. It was Eclipse's quick intervention that convinced Spiral that it was simply a dancing accident that found the two in the awkward position. They left to get dinner shortly after to get the amazonian pony a hard drink and fresh air, but the foal eatery held little of either. She looked to the side, avoiding contact with the amber pony. A bout of courage crept up in Copy's throat causing her to speak before contemplating the outcome. “Like I'd let you just monopolize time with Eclipse...” Copy felt the sensation of walking into a brick wall. Looking forward, she saw the murderous intent that Spiral had just hours before. Attempts to back peddle were met with her hooves sliding, stumbling against the concrete sidewalk.

Spiral slid a foreleg across Copy's withers pulling them together. They were now eye to eye, face to face. The hot breath of the stunt pony poured out through her nose causing Copy to twitch uncontrollably. “Ya know, maybe it's just the lack of alcohol in my system, but I think you got a real purdy look to you. If you were some faker, you would make a nice one night or booty call. Maybe if you play nice, drop this fixation on Eclipse, I'd let you hang around with us for a flank call or maybe somepony I keep on the back burner.” Sneering, Spiral brought her lips up close to Copy's ear. “But keep on this little act and I will end you. I have my eyes set on that filly and I don't care if you do too. I know how to woo the mares and it's just a matter of time.”

Goose bumps scattered over the white pony's body. No amount of seduction, if there was any in her cold words, would push her in the direction Spiral wanted Copy to go. Wings flared up lifting enough to raise the pony up and away from the intimidating pony. Desperation called for quick action. “Neither of us have her.” Copy spat out raising her voice up. “Sure, I like her, but I don't think either of us know her well enough to claim some property of her.” Flank raised up high then her head, giving leverage above, pressing her face to Spiral's again. “If doing all this for her is just some sick way for you to try and get her in bed, then you're delusional. I'm not going to stop. I'll get to know her, and keep going no matter what anypony like you says.” Wings flapped behind her taking her out of reach of the other. She flew quickly forward to meet up with Trixie and Eclipse. She expected her to be farther ahead, but found them pressed to the glass of a two story boutique, gazing within.

Put in her place. Cold, hard truth slapped her in her face and left Spiral standing as a statue in the middle of the sidewalk. Again, everything Spitfire had told her came back as an echo in her thoughts. It was a persistent sting acting as her conscience removing the dead, angel Spiral on her shoulder. A temper tantrum brought on had Spiral stomping all four hooves against the ground. She spun, bucking her hind legs kicking a trash can straight down a barren alley. It was useless, she didn't want to look at any of them, even Eclipse the object of her emotional changing. Steadying forward, Spiral pushed herself to come behind the other three at the boutique's entrance. “Come on. We're leaving.” She barked out startling two of the three ponies.

“Trixie does not move by your demand. Trixie thinks that if you want to become 'huffy' do not attempt to take it out on the Great and Powerful.” She tossed her head upwards letting silver and steel blue hair drift over across her back. She stepped forward leading the trio of window shoppers. “Ladies, let us return. Trixie does not wish to risk being arrested if the brute desires to become anymore unsavory.” The tip of her tail swayed up brushing across Spiral's face.

Eclipse smiled weakly, trying to show calm to the mounting fury building within Spiral. Around her neck hung the familiar, liquid pepper filled cylinder. Spiral had told her to put it on before they departed for dinner. “Shall we?” She asked softly hoping the sweetness of her voice would let the pony feel ease.

Copy avoided coming within a leg's distance of the larger pony, choosing to stay on Eclipse's other side. With Spiral taking up the rear alone now, the four ponies began to walk back, retreating towards the lot where Trixie's caravan was parked. Even with the noise of the city, the ponies heard the sounds of a galloping pony coming from behind.

Spiral could not react to turn to see the figure before it passed it. A blur of red ran right past the group skidding to a stop in front of them. It was a pony, a unicorn mare, that blocked their passage further down the sidewalk. Green tail hung ling behind her thighs which were kept together in a modest posture. Peach, yellow, and pink hair hung down over her sweat soaked face. A few strands caught into her mouth. Teal spheres stared forward at the four ponies whom took the focus of her attention. She raised her head up breathing hard to catch her breath after the unorthodox manner she stopped them. “Model for me, please.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It was a quarter past five PM when Open Heart returned back to the Prim and Proper Boutique. He found Prim Rose much as he had left her that morning; sitting behind the counter staring at the wall. It was dead inside. No other pony save for Prim was there. A few customers that had arrived were there not to browse but to drop off or pick up orders. “Well I must say I don't know if I'll be able to reach the counter with the crowd in here!” Open Heart exaggerated with sarcasm dripped words. “How do you keep yourself from running ragged?” He slid a hoof up against the green Mohawk brushing the long tip temporarily from his face. It bounced back, just as expected, right into the same spot. As he did in the morning, Open took his place at the counter crossing his forelegs across the top.

There was an explicit lack of amusement from Prim Rose. The jokes coming form her dear friend met the resistance of a steel wall. Just as he had left her this morning, she was sitting on her stool. Left hind leg crossed over the right with her tail laying across her lap. Hind legs crossed defiantly against her chest. Narrowed visions moved to watch the stallion approach then went blankly staring to the front door. “It has been a horribly, boring day.” She muttered pursing her lips with dissatisfaction.”It led me to thinking. The Boutique isn't doing what I want it to.”

Open clicked his hind hooves on the floor, lifting one leg, lowering it, raising the other, lowering it, and repeating until he felt comfortable. “Only you can change that. As I was saying earlier, if I saw the same advertisement for two years I'd think the quality and money coming here wasn't that great.” Right foreleg turned upwards giving his face a place to set onto his hoof. “You need something fresh to catch ponies eyes. If you're not willing to show your flank on an ad, which I wouldn't or let your mother think she won, then you need to get somepony else. I'm always available!”

“Open, my dear, the last time you tried to stir up business for me, I ended up in the middle of a murder investigation being chased by a pony in a plastic ghost mask. How it happened is beyond me, but it began with you recommending me to several of your Ex's.” The exhaustion that came from lack of activity set in, she leaned forward pressing her forehead , just beneath her horn, against the edge of the counter. “And I will not be subject to taking a mask off while declaring, 'the killer is Old Mare Barcoats!' again.” Rose etched horn illuminated casting telekinesis on a nearby pair of socks. They were a formal pair designed with a dozen small suns sewn in along the top, moons sewn in at the ankles, and ocean waves separating the two. The suns used a shiny yellow switch, the moon shiny silver, and the waves blue. Base material for the sock was a white silk woven from Everfree Spiders and Equestrian silkworms. Using both kinds of silk gave the material a natural affinity to retain warmth. “What I need if somepony who can attract attention, but not draw too much away from the merchandise.”

“You'd need bits to get somepony like that.” Knees pressed to the top of the counter letting front hooves wave while she shook his head. “Say, what about one of the ponies you went on a date with? Still using that dating service from the date last night?” Cheshire cat's grin looped over his lips finalizing his smug expression. “I bet to get a second date they'd pose for you?”

Hostility radiated from unamused eyes. Straightening her posture, Prim raised her forelegs up brushing back her mane. Her right hoof did this twice lifting the long locks to 'fluff' it back into its place. “I sent my letter leaving the service. After the first three dates were stallions claiming to be mares thinking they would find virgins, the fourth date the mare was three times my age and could barely feet through the door.” Each time she spoke of a date, she clopped a hind hoof to the floor to keep count. “The fifth? Yes the fifth had purchases of my old Pageant costumes and wanted me to model in them, the sixth ended up being my mother who brought a stallion for me to meet. How she ever got my information for the service only Celestia knows.” Distressed sigh fell from her relaxing body. She slouched forward pressing her forelegs against her taut belly. “The seventh was last night. Maybe it isn't meant to be.” She turned her head to avoid having to look at Open, choosing to stare past him at the door. Something caught her focus. A pair of glowing orbs staring in through the front glass doors. Focusing, she could make out a filly, or was it a mare?, two of them peering into the boutique. When the one with the glow turned, she caught the glimmer of twinkling hair. “Spun moonlight...” She whispered as she dropped off her stool to all fours.

“Then we'll go to clubs, mingle at bars, or go to mixers. I wont let you become an old maid making obsce..What are you looking at?” Open reacted to the change in Prim's physical behavior with a counter of curiosity. He turned his head to look behind him just to find his friend's flank as she ran towards the door. “Prim? Prim wait a minute! Where are you going! It's not closing time yet!”

Something drove Prim to rush around her counter and run to the front door. Her magic send power to the hinges swinging the gateway outwards giving her freedom. In front, she glanced back and forth for some sign of the mare she had seen. It was stuck in her mind what she had saw. A voodoo to her senses if the pony indeed had the twinkle and glow to her. To the right, Prim caught just a brief flash of the faint light past a large, amber pony. No rational line of thinking could have persuaded Prim to cease what she did next. Breaking into a full gallop, she charged past the large mare, came up behind the three ahead of her, and stopped, panting for air.

She felt disheveled. Hind legs trembling not used to sprinting. Even if she was in shape, she had not trained for such actions. The pony behind came up to join the three she stood in front of. Prim looked up, from left to right, to find an amber earth pony, a white pegasus pony, the gray pony she saw, and an azure unicorn pony. As she ignored her brain before, Prim did so again. She raised her body up to stand properly, her mouth becoming dry as she uttered the short phrase. “Model for me, please.”