• Published 7th Jun 2015
  • 2,202 Views, 91 Comments

All Good Things - ModMCdl



Rainbow has been having personal problems lately. Twilight has been having a hard time controlling her temper. Then, after one tragic incident occurs, the two need to work together to find out what's wrong with them.

  • ...
15
 91
 2,202

2 - As Far as Pony Eye Could See...

The two ponies finally separated from their embrace, with Rainbow Dash quickly wiping her eyes clear of any tears. Twilight did the same, letting out a small sniffle to attempt to end the flow.

Taking a deep breath, the lavender alicorn tried to calm the shivers running along her spine. No doubt, the memory of seeing her dear friend, cyan feathers strewn everywhere, about to hang herself, would stay burned into her brain for eternity, the fresh wound much more potent in the days to come. "C-come on, Dash," she said, trying to rid her head of the thought. "Let's get you to the hospital."

At the mention of the word "hospital," the pegasus looked up to Twilight with desperate eyes. A begging tone in her voice, Rainbow quickly tried to dissuade Twilight from the thought. "No! Please just let me stay here, I don't want to go out like this!" Her magenta eyes began to tear up again, and she looked away from Twilight, her gaze instead focusing on the feather-strewn floor beside her. "Nopony can see me like this..."

Although the alicorn's heart broke at the sight, she tried to stay focused on what was best for her friend. "Rainbow, I don't know what to tell you," began Twilight. "But your... your wings, you have to go to the hospital."

The broken mare before her just choked back a sob, not wanting to know what ponies would think about her. What they would say about her.

Twilight's heart shattered to pieces as she gazed down upon the pitiful mess that was Rainbow Dash. She had already caused her friend so much pain; and now, she was suggesting that she parade Ponyville's "awesomest mare" through the streets, with her wings clipped, and dignity destroyed. Unable to even walk without assistance. To put on a morbid show for everypony. To cause the poor mare even more pain than she already had.

"You- you can use your magic to heal me!" said Rainbow, perking up suddenly. The sudden outburst broke Twilight from her stupor, and she thought for a minute.

With a sigh, she conceded. "Fine, Rainbow," said Twilight. "No hospital." She looked into Dash's beautiful, cerise eyes. "But I can't just use my magic to fix your wings." The cyan pegasus's face fell. "I can clean up the cuts and seal the wounds, but the feathers will have to grow back on their own," explained Twilight before the pegasus lost all shreds of hope she still had.

Rainbow nodded understandably. She watched as Twilight said that she'd be right back, and watched her leave, waiting for the alicorn to be out of earshot before letting several hisses of pain to escape her mouth.

---

Twilight entered her bathroom, silent tears slipping down her muzzle. She just couldn't get the knowledge that she's caused her best friend to attempt suicide. Taking a deep breath to calm herself, she reached for the medicine cabinet, when she suddenly realized something. Something important.

She couldn't take a deep breath. She couldn't breathe.

Gasping for air, Twilight clutched at the sink, trying to hold herself up. She knocked over a glass, causing it to shatter as it hit upon the tile floor. The lavender mare watched the shards of glass fly apart as if in slow motion, as her vision went out of focus, before rushing back in. She fell to the floor, startled chokes escaping her as she struggled to once again breathe.

Rainbow hurriedly poked her head into the bathroom doorway curiously. "You okay in here? I heard some glass- TWI!" The cyan mare rushed to her friend's side, looking her over Worridly.

Twilight gasped, clutching for her friend. Finding her hoof, she held it as tight as she could as the world slipped away around her.

"Twilight! Twi, please answer me! Twilight..."

---

The heavy smog omnipresent over Canterlot darkened the sky with its perverse pollution. It flowed over the city like a living ceiling, an evil blanket, shielding it from the nicer things of the world. The light of the sun barely penetrated its girth, creating an eerie, dull light that drenched the city. The only building left in the city that remained above the smog was the royal palace, a tall, magnificent angel among the fallen.

Twilight Sparkle sat in her favorite window in the palace. It was a grand arch, and it overlooked the city at the perfect angle, allowing most of dystopian landscape to be visible through the thick fog. It had been Twilight's favorite spot since she had moved into the castle, and thus, she had decided to build her library around it, in this room.

And what a library it was. Thousands of books, from Equestria and beyond, their covers spanning the entirety of the world. Topics ranging from Astrophysics to Zebra Lifestyles. And it was just one iota of the collection that she had spanned over the past hundred years.

It was approaching nightfall, and the now elderly alicorn reluctantly got up from her comfortable seat, placing the book she was reading, Chasing Rainbows, back onto its respective spot in the bookcase. Proceeding down the steps to the main floor of the library, and its respective atrium of sorts, Twilight paused to approach a large, crystal obelisk in the center of the room. Placing a gentle kiss on the side of its reflective, smooth surface, the lavender mare murmured as quiet, "Good night, my love." She turned away from the monument, and headed for her chambers to sleep.

The block of crystal was a masterpiece. Intricately carved into a pillar reaching up towards the ceiling of the room, it's nearly invisible surface refracted light around the room, and thus, was the only needed source of light for the room. It was only just visible enough to avoid walking into it, and the only main definer around the base was a opulent, golden plaque, reading:

RAINBOW DASH

Wonderbolt, Element of Loyalty, Loving Wife

And above the inscription, encased immortally in the crystal, was a cyan pegasus with a rainbow mane, her wings spread wide and bold, and a cocky smile immortalized on her face.

---

Twilight Sparkle's eyes fluttered open, and she was instantly aware of a foreign presence around her lips. Heaves of moist, minty air was forced into her mouth, simulating her own breathing. Closed pale blue eyes were right in front of her, squeezed tightly shut in concentration, and exertion.

Rainbow Dash's makeshift CPR caused Twilight to cough weakly, and then begin to full-out choke, as her lungs took over control. The cyan mare over her pulled back quickly, looking over her face with panic, and helping her up.

"Don't your dare ever do that again, Twilight Sparkle!" cried Rainbow as she buried her face in the alicorn's breast.

Twilight could only sit there silently as Rainbow Dash sobbed and held her... what had just happened to her? And what had she seen? She gazed over the pegasus before her, and could not shake the image of her body encased in crystal, lifeless and the cold touch of the stone...

Author's Note:

Sorry for the long wait guys! This fic is especially hard for me to write, considering just how... real to life it is. This is my first attempt at ever writing anything related to suicide, pony or not, so I'm just kinda seeing how it goes.

Next chapter hopefully wont take two months to get out :rainbowhuh: