• Published 6th Jun 2015
  • 3,351 Views, 47 Comments

The Little Pony Legend: A Kingdom of Friendship - MaggiesHeartLove



Join Team Avatar as they travel to new places spreading The Magic of Friendship wherever they go!

  • ...
20
 47
 3,351

The Mane Attraction

*(~)*

2 Corinthians 3:14-18~

But their minds were blinded. For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the veil is taken away in Christ. But even to this day, when Moses is read, a veil lies on their heart. Nevertheless when one turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.

*(~)*

The Mane Attraction

"A little more, just a bit more…stop! That's perfect!"

Applejack smiled proudly at the pony workers, who managed to lift up the wooden green apple for the stage. Everything was coming along perfectly, the stage was looking amazing the lights in position, the background props of rainbows, apples and disco ball looked downright incredible, especially with the apple shaped arc around the stage itself, with all its festive and colorful decorations inside it.

Many residents of the city gathered at Republic City park in preparations for the Helping Hooves Misic Festival, which would raise money for the Republic City elementary schoolhouse's new art department. The townsponies, humans, Team Avatar, even several airbenders assisted with the preparations, setting up the decorations, organizing the stage, snacks, drinks and games galore.

However, the real mastermind behind the whole thing was Applejack, who was put in charge or organizing the concert, and surprisingly she was really good at it. She was laser sharp focused throughout the whole thing. Nothing could shake this pony's nerves. When Amethyst Star showed her a clipboard, Applejack read the words before nodding her head, signaling that they had done everything on the list.

"Wow, Applejack! Are you sure you've never managed a concert before?" Twilight Sparkle asked, feeling both very proud and impressed with her friend's skills.

Applejack scratched the back of her neck, blushing bashfully. "Well, it turns out doin' up a concert's the same as settin' up a rodeo."

"And thanks to Pinkie's connections organizing the Ponypalooza Rock Concert, and Bolin's mover star connections, we've got quite a lineup for the Helping Hooves Music Festival."

"Yeah, "quite" is an understatement." Mako said as he and Asami both approached the two, while holding a sheet of paper, with several names written on it.

"That don't seem like much." said Applejack with suspicion

"Wait for it." Asami said, wearing a deadpan expression when Mako unfolded the paper, which reached all the way across the grassy grounds, towards one of the festival poles, and millions of names written on it.

"Oh…that makes more sense."

While the four of them spoke about the list, Korra was helping Rainbow Dash and the pegasus ponies in preparing the poles and flags for the concert, when suddenly Korra felt a jarring pain in her head. She cried out in pain, grabbing her head and backed away in pain, frightening the other ponies. The rest of her friends heard her cries and rushed to help her once she landed on the ground.

The Princess Avatar was feeling woozy, her eyes closed shut as visions appeared in her mind. She couldn't point out exactly what they were, nor could she get a clear visual on who or what they were. All she could see were flashing images, going so fast she couldn't keep up. One image went right after the other, before long all went black and she opened her eyes. However, she did manage to get a glimpse of what appeared to be the time she accidentally burned Twilight's leg, but just like the other images, it came and gone so fast she could barely tell. She realized she had fallen to the ground, holding her own weight with one hand while her friends circled around her in worry. Mako held her for support.

"Korra! Are you okay?" He asked with worry. Korra groaned and shook her head in an attempt to shake off whatever it was she felt.

"Yeah…just…flashbacks, I think."

"Do you need to lay down?" a concerned Rainbow Dash asked, "Or maybe some water?"

"No, no I'm fine."

"Korra."

"I mean it." and she did mean it. The sensation left just as quickly as it had appeared. Every time these kind of events happened it usually meant something was coming. It had happened before, Korra had the ability to sense when something was about to happen, even if she herself didn't exactly know what it was. Still, she didn't want to scare anybody. Hopefully, this was just one of the flashbacks from the traumatic experience with the poison and Twilight's burn. As painful as those memories still were she would endure them just so her friends wouldn't have to loose focus on the concert.

Korra managed to stand up, with Mako's assistance, and was able to regain her composure. She didn't look tired, or anxious or anything. Her skin wasn't pale, her eyes looked s bright as ever, her posture was the same as always. She didn't even look like she just nearly passed out over a splitting headache.

"Guys, I'm fine." she insisted, "Look at me, I'm fine."

Mako inspected her closely, being an expert to know if she was indeed telling the truth and feeling well. According to him she looked perfectly fine. But just to be on the safe side, he turned towards the Mane Six, minus Pinkie Pie who was absent at the moment.

"Girls, diagnosis, please?" he asked. The girls studied Korra from the tip of her head to down to her feet and call came with the came conclusion.

"She's clean." said Applejack.

"See? I told you."

Before more could be brought up on the subject, the missing pink pony appeared spontaneously by jumping onto Korra's head and poking Mako's nose with her hoof before leaving all over the place addressing to each and every one of her friends.

"Korra! Mako! Twilight! Applejack! Flash! Rainbow Dash! Rarity! Fluttershy! Spike! Pinkie Pie!" in her excitement she even greeted her own reflection in a mirror a couple of stallions were moving. "Oh wait, that's me. Everybody!" Pinkie shouted before morphing into her anthro form.

"What is it, Pinkie?" Twilight asked, "And what happened to Bolin?" Right behind Pinkie Pie, a certain earthbender came running like mad, panting once he stopped.

Bolin inhaled a huge amount of oxygen before speaking, "Pinkie Pie and I have the most amazing news ever!"

"It is totally gonna freak your frizz!" Pinkie added while galloping her arms like she would in her pony form in excitement.

"Well, spill it, you guys!" Rainbow insisted, already curious as to what had these two in such a tizzy.

"It wasn't easy." Bolin said, "In fact, it was terribly difficult. But we have managed to book the biggest pony pop star in all of Equestria as the main attraction of the Helping Hooves Music Festival!"

"Sapphire Shores?" Korra asked with excitement, "I love her music!"

"Me too!" Mako added. They both shared an equal love for the pop pony's music. But upon hearing her name, Pinkie Pie scoffed.

"Sapphire Shores?! Please! Sapphire Shores is merely the second biggest pony pop star in Equestria."

"Then who did you get?" Mako asked curiously, right before his brother surprised him and Korra by popping up from behind him and wrapping his arms around them.

"Get ready. We've got, the one, the only…"

"Countess Coloratura!" both Bolin and Pinkie Pie addressed the name in the loudest way possibly, along while having the biggest smiles on their faces, their blue and green eyes beaming like little children.

Mako and Korra cringed when Asami suddenly bursted out screaming like a crazed fangirl, "AAHHHHH!!! Countess Coloratura?! No way!!"

"Don't tell me you actually like her work." Korra said to the heiress.

"Uh, yeah!" Asami stated, like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Who in the hay is Countess Coloratura?" Applejack asked. The country pony was in for a surprise when nearly everypony in the area gasped in horror at her question like it was the most unbelievable thing they had ever heard.

Pinkie Pie stood still, her mane and tail suddenly standing on end like she had just been hit by lightning. "My frizz has been freaked!"

"Seriously?" Korra asked in disbelief, "You could have asked anybody else to perform and you picked her?"

"What have you got against Countess Coloratura?" Rainbow asked.

"I don't have anything against her. I'm just not a big fan of her style of music."

Asami's jaw literally dropped, leaving Bolin to close it for her. "Are you kidding me?! Her music is totally ahed of its time!"

"If by 'ahead of its time' you mean; 'completely artificial and fake'?, then yes."

"I agree." Mako said, crossing his arms, "How can you even listen to that stuff?"

Asami arched an eyebrow and scoffed, "Okay, so it's not the traditional style of singing, but it's still supper catchy. Besides, what's the harm in trying new things?"

"I'm not saying her music or performances are terrible." said Korra, "I just think she relies on flashy lights, dazzlings cloths and the vocal enhancing spell way too much."

"Nobody answered my question." Applejack voiced out, "Who is this Countess Coloratura pony?"

Pinkie Pie fixed her previously frizzed mane and tail, turning them back to their natural bouncy style, before groaning, "Uh, I just told you that she's the biggest pony pop star in Equestria! How-how-how-how-how have you not heard of her?!" she asked, grabbing Applejack's arms and frantically shaking her.

A.J. gently removed herself from her friend's grip. "Don't know. Though I did know a gal named Coloratura when I was just a filly." the country pony laughed and snorted at the idea, "Wouldn't it just be the funniest thing if that Coloratura and this Coloratura were the same Coloratura? Heh."

Pinkie Pie eyed the orange anthro pony with suspicious eyes. "Do you mean to tell me that you actually know Countess Coloratura?"

"Well, I don't think it's the same pony, since my friend wasn't any sort of high-falutin' countess."

"Do you remember her cutie mark?"

"Sure do." Applejack remembered the cutie mark perfectly, like it was just yesterday, "It had this super colorful bunch of musical notes that just shimmered in the light."

"You mean... like this?!" Pinkie Pie shoved a picture up Applejack's face. It was the image of a pony's flank with a cutie mark that consisted of a golden five inch star with five musical notes around it, one gee, one orange, one red, another purple and another blue. Her coat was a light aquamarine gray color. Applejack recognized both the mark and coat color immediately.

"Well, fancy that! That there's the very same cutie mark!"

Bolin gasped, his jaw dropping along with his clipboard he held in his hand before grabbing Applejack by the arms, just as Pinkie Pie previously did, his nose practically touching hers.

"Do you have any idea the number of hoops we had to jump through to get her to perform at the festival?!" he asked rather frantically, to which Applejack shook her head and he released her. "A whole lot of hoops! That pony is very demanding!"

"What? Nah."

"Yah!"

"I completely understand." Rarity said, "We artistes require certain necessities in order to do our best work."

"This was clearly some sort of misunderstandin'." said Applejack, "'Cause Rara was just as down home as me!"

"Rara?!" Everyone simultaneously exclaimed when A.J. said that strange name.

"Even that big name was too fancy for her, so I shortened Coloratura to "Rara"! We had the best time at Camp Friendship! Rara was just so easygoin'! We were like two apples from the same branch."

As Applejack spoke more about her old friend, the wonderful memories from that time replayed in her mind.

It was back in the days where Equestria till looked like a moving painting, with simpler details and a pony's proportions were much rounded in comparison to how they looked now. Coloratura, or Rara as Applejack called her back when, was indeed a happy little filly. Always laughing, playing and frolicking with her campmate at Camp Friendship. Regardless of her fancy name, which came out of the love of her dear parents, Rara was as humble as could be. In appearance, she was the equipment of an elegant mare, with the shimmering aquamarine coat, dark indigo mane with moderate opal highlights and matching eyes. She was truly a stunning sight, but she didn't care one bit about her appearance. She was perfectly happy getting mud on her mane when she and Applejack played tug of war, and was daring enough to jump into the lake to clean herself up, along with a few splash fights with Applejack.

But the main thing Applejack remembered most about her was her voice. That pony could sing like an angel, especially when they both performed at the talent show together, with Applejack strumming her guitar.

"Rara and I prepared this song for the camp talent show. When we performed, she belted it out, singin' in the most colorful, clear voice I'd ever heard!"

Rara was rather nervous at first, but thanks to the encouragement of her friend, she took in a deep breath and sang in the voice Applejack just described. Her voice truly was a sight to behold. It was so amazing that the moment she sang the first couple of words, all of the campers stopped what they were doing and listened with their ears wide open to hear her.

Equestria, the land I love

A land of harmony

Our flag does wave from high above

For ponykind to see

Applejack noticed her friend's cutie mark shimmer like a dazzling star as she sang with all of her heart.

Equestria, a land of friends

Where ponykind do roam

They say true friendship never ends

Equestria, my home

After Applejack tinged on the silver triangle, all the pony campers and camp counselors cheered for the young filly, who cried tears of joy and hugged her friend, thanking her for giving her the courage to sing her heart out. Something she would never forget.

"After camp, we wrote to each other for a bit, but...then we lost touch." Applejack's gazed fell to the ground, saddened by the fact that she had not heard of her friend in so long. She looked up when Mako placed a hand on her shoulder in comfort.

"She sounds like an amazing pony, A.J."

"Yeah, she was. In fact, your voice sometimes reminds me of hers, Korra."

"Really?" The Avatar asked in surprise.

Bolin tapped his chin in thought, "You know, now that you mention it, your voice does sometimes sound a little bit similar to Countess Coloratura's."

"Except for the fact that I don't use a vocal enhancing spell to sing one simple note."

Asami groaned in annoyance, "We get it, you're all natural, let it go!"

"Rara always did want to go to Manehattan to try and make it big. But a demandin' diva?" Applejack shook her head at the idea of her friend changing into something she wasn't. She walked over to Bolin and Pinkie Pie, smiling confidently. "Just you wait. Once Rara gets here, you'll see she's just a plain old pony like you and me."

Suddenly, both Bolin and Pinkie Pie's eyes widened, and their smiled so broadly they could almost break their faces.

"We don't have to wait – she's here!" Pinkie Pie exclaimed with excitement, much to Applejack's surprise.

"Really?" the country pony spun around to look in the direction her friends were gazing at. She couldn't believe she was about to see her old childhood friend again. After so many years, it was so exciting.

At the entrance of the part something appeared overhead. Something…rather large. It appeared to be some form of golden diamond, being wheeled towards the group and the festival grounds by a group of masculine, ripped anthro male ponies all wearing some very punk rock styled clothing, leather jackets, pants, boots, gloves and sunglasses, and their individual cutie marks were shown on the exposed tones arms. With their rah strength, they pushed the gigantic diamond before stopping. Pop music played and steam began coming out of the diamond, which then opened up. Stereos playing the music appeared and more diamonds appeared from behind the opened one, where stood a throne with the image of Rara's cutie mark, and a mysterious figure inside the contraption. She got up and stepped forward into the light, revealing herself.

She was an anthro female earth pony wearing leather black boots with spikes on the ankles, long dark blue leggings underneath a leather skirt with chains around the was, a purple shirt with a sweetheart neckline underneath a magenta colored rocker's jacket with a high collar and diamonds around the edges and the end of her sleeves, along with additional bracelets. Around her neck was a chocker necklace with opal blue stones and a gray aquamarine coat/skin color and pony ears. Her eyes were moderate opal in color but her hair was a pale white with palish, gray purple streaks styled into the larger high ponytail they had ever seen. Her mane was so long she occasionally flip it to the side. Her hair was just as long, falling behind her like a gown, her eyes had the most over the top eyeliner around her, nearly making it impossible for them to see her real eyes. But the real clincher was that she wore a transparent black veil that covered her face, while it was still see through, it was far too far for anybody to make any finer details, however her cutie mark was probably the only thing that looked remotely similar to how she did in the past.

All the other ponies and humans were star strucked to see such a celebrity standing in front of them, while Korra and Mako only seemed indifferent. But Applejack was probably the most shocked out of all of them…but not for the same reason.

"Rara?"

"That's her?" Korra asked, being just as surprised as her pony companion.

"No… that can't be."

While they were questioning who exactly this pony was, Pinkie Pie, Bolin and Asami all squealed with delight when they saw her.

"Countess Coloratura!" Pinkie Pie squealed so loudly that she passed out, reverting back into her pony form once she did, leaving Bolin and Asami to look down at her in surprise.

From behind the gigantic flashing diamond display show appeared a male anthro earth pony with a white coat, dark tangelo eyes and pale grayish vermillion colored mane and tail with light vermillion gray streaks. Both mane and tail were curly in appearance and he wore spectacles along with a blue navy business suite with a pale cyan undershirt, yellow vest and a red tie. He made his way towards the already set up stage, with the famous singer and backup dancers behind him. He roughly shoed anybody away, who were all far too dazzled by the pop star to even notice his rude behavior.

"Clear the way! Stand back! Keep your hooves and tail to yourselves!" he said. It was clear not only by his clothing but also his attitude that this pony meant business.

The singer, Countess Coloratura, held her head up high as she made her way to the stage, while Applejack tried her best to see if there truly was the possibility that this was her friend from Camp Friendship. She felt a nudge from behind, and saw Korra gesturing her to go forward.

"But, I'm not sure if it's even--" Applejack stopped when the Avatar simply took her by the shoulders, spun her around and shoved her a few feet ahead.

"Go and find out." she said. Applejack took in a deep breath and approached the poster. She hoped she wouldn't regret this latter on.

She cleared her throat to speak to the pony singer, "Um... hi. Remember me? We met at Camp Friendship? I gave you the nickname "Rara"?"

For a moment, the mare looked away before a smile appeared on her face, like a lightbulb had just lit up in her head. She smiled wider once she spun around to take a good look at the orange skinned anthro pony beside her. For a moment, once Applejack looked into her eyes, she could see the familiarity in them.

"AJ?" she asked, making the country pony smile happily. She did remember her. This was her old friend.

"Yeah! Heh. Howdy, Rara!"

Applejack's excitement slowly builded up inside of her. She couldn't wait to catch up with her old companion. Sadly, she would never get the chance when Rara's manager suddenly swooped in and began whispering in the singer's ears. All she did was nod her head before placing some kind of stamp on her cheek. It was the image of a heart shaped horse hove, painted with red sparkly face pain.

"Hoofsies!" Rara said with a short laugh before leaving her old friend feeling very confused. What the hay had just happened?

Korra and Mako shared the same thought once they approached her, looking on at the over the top singer with skeptical expressions.

"Well, that was rude." Korra stated rather bitterly with her arms crossed.

"Not at all!" Rarity mentioned upon seeing the stamp sticker on Applejack's cheek. "She got hoofsies from Countess Coloratura! Look!" Rarity opened up her compact mirror for Applejack to see the sticker on her face. "Ooh, she clearly thinks you're very special!"

The very moment the words left her mouth, they all saw a long line of fans to see the Countess, who gave each and every one of them the same stamp stickers that she just gave Applejack. The pop singer giggled as she gave the stamps away.

"Hoofsies! Hoofsies! Hoofsies!"

Applejack rolled her eyes and wiped the stamp off of her face with her fist, "Yeah… real special."

Once all of Coloratura's fans received their Hoofsies, her manager gestured to one of the dance members in order to stand guard so no more fans would bother the pop princess superstar.

"Now that's how you make an entrance!" said the manager, praising his client. "Big, bold, absolutely stunning! Though it was muddied a bit with your interaction with that dusty farmpony. Do you actually know her?"

"Oh, yeah, that's my childhood fillyfriend, AJ! She was the one that started calling me Rara." the Countess smiled at the sweet memory. Even to this day, while she no longer addressed herself with that name, it still helped some sentimental value to her which was why she still remembered it.

"Oh, yes, how cute and... common." Her manager rolled his eyes in disgust, "Of course, I was the one that started calling you Countess, and just look at how you've moved up in Equestria since then! Why, you've gotten everything you've ever wanted!"

Coloratura smiled in agreement. Indeed, he did give her everything she ever wanted. She loved the touring, the concerts, the dazzling displays, she truly felt like a superstar in her own right. If something felt this wonderful and pleasing how bad could it really be?

"Although, I'm still concerned about you volunteering to perform for these…humans." regardless of his anthro state, the pony was not always such a fan of the pasty skinned creatures that always walked on two legs. It was even stranger for him, but he hesitantly morphed into anthro just so he wouldn't feel small compared to the rest of them.

"Svengallop, you know how important charity is to me." said the Countess, "Besides, I have just as many fans in Republic City as I do in Equestria, and my performance here will boost up my career and expand my name from both worlds."

"Yes, that is true." Svengallop said, rubbing his chin in thought. "Speaking of which, where is the pony Pinkie Pie?"

"Ooh! I'm the pony Pinkie Pie, Mr. Manager, sir!"

"And the human, Bolin!"

Pinkie Pie came rushing along with a wagon of things she pushed for the male pony manager. Bolin stood beside her, smiling broadly with a clipboard in hand. Svengallop tried his best to hide his bitterness about working with these two leggers, but if it was to keep the Countess happy, and gain some profit from this, then he would comply.

"Do you have the water imported from Rainbow Falls that I requested for Countess Coloratura?"

"Twenty glass containers full right here!" Bolin said, tapping his pencil on the clipboard while Pinkie Pie showed Svengallop the container itself with the bottles.

"Did I not tell you to provide straws in all of Countess Coloratura's beverages?"

"Uh, I don't think so." said Pinkie, "But lucky for you, I have the biggest straw collection in Equestria!" she stuck her hand into her hair and pulled out a single straw, "I call this straw Fernando." she said while flamenco music played in the background.

Svengallop only rolled his eyes, "Hm. Let us confirm that you acquired the rest of the items that Countess Coloratura requested before she performs her run-through, shall we?"

"Ooh, we shall!" Bolin stepped forward, allowing the pony to inspect the cart and take note of all the requests. The cart carried numerous items, from flowers, to gems to cherries in two separate bowls and a container filled with chocolate eclairs.

"Floral arrangements from the royal Canterlot gardens... Chocolate éclairs made by Gustave le Grand... A selection of crystals from the Crystal Empire... Freshly picked cherries from Cherry Jubilee's farm separated red from yellow…"

"Abso-toot-ly!" Pinkie replied happily.

But even with all of that, Svengallop did not show any signs of gratitude whatsoever as he approached his client. "Well, by some miracle, your requests have been reasonably met. So let us move on... to rehearsal!" Svengallop led the Countess away from the group and towards the back of the stage, along with the backup dance ponies.

"See, Applejack? Demanding!" Pinkie said to the others, which only made Applejack feel terrible.

Asami approached the group, not looking as excited as she did before. "What? You didn't get Hoofsies from the Countess?" Korra asked, rather bitterly since she still was't a big fan of all the flashy stuff this pony did to get attention.

The heiress simply shrugged, "Eh, even that's over the top for me."

Korra and Mako both blinked while wearing deadpan stares until Mako spoke up, "You got it on your jacket, didn't you?"

"Well, she was giving them away." Asami turned to the side to reveal the Hoofsie mark on her jacket.

Applejack's ears lowered in sadness. "I can't believe this. The Rara I knew didn't hide behind a veil givin' out fake stamp kisses, sippin' up imported water, and needin' her cherries separated."

Rarity placed a hand on her friend's shoulder out of sympathy, "Oh, I do understand. Sometimes it's hard to see our friends change."

"She's become a whole other pony!"

"Trust me. Once you see Countess Coloratura perform, you simply won't believe it!"

Applejack only sighed in dismay. She was already here, and she was helping the charity, so the least she could do was listen to her music. She wondered if it was as different as Korra explained it was.

From the backstage, Svengallop gathered the male dancers in position and the music began to play. Lights flashed on the stage, turning on and off as the silhouette of Countess Coloratura defended from the stairs on the stage, flipping her incredibly long ponytail back and forth, all the while strutting and striking a pose with every step and flash of the lights. Smoke emitted from the side of the stage, making it almost impossible for anybody to make out the figure in finer details. Her voice was heard, but thought beautiful, it sounded like it was in perfect sync with the music, sounding more like a machine than her actual voice.

Time for the spectacle

Time for the show

The lights are bright and the colors glow

I'm not just anypony

I think you know

The time is now, it's about to blow!

As she hit the high note, vocalizing like some kind of digital record, flames came shooting from the side of the stage, followed by more smoke and flashing laser lights, powered by magic, appeared on the stage, further hiding the singer among all the flamboyant showbiz special effects.

The dancer ponies appeared on stage, dancing to the music as the Countess sang in her tempo auto-tune voice.

Razzle dazzle

Glitz and glam

Turn it all up, it's a spectacle

Razzle dazzle

Glitz and glam

Turn it all up, it's a spectacle

Give me more

Razzle dazzle

Glitter eyes, big surprise

Lights, cameras

One of the dancers, a unicorn, shot a beam from his horn, activating the vocal enhancement spell on the Countess, who began vocalizing with a stop in between as if she were some digital object.

Razzle dazzle

Glitz and glam

Turn it all up, it's a spectacle

Hear the applause

Here to impress

Not just a pony, I am the Countess!

The singer stroked a pose once the same game to a close and all the flashing lights disappeared, alone with the smoke. Nearly everybody in the park bursted into applauds, except for Applejack, Korra and Mako, who were just downright jaw dropped by the performance. As spectacular as it was, it seemed more like a light show with noise and hunky male ponies dancing rather than a pony singing for people. It was hardly about her but about the toys, which wasn't what music was about for Korra and Mako.

But Applejack was more so horrified. This didn't sound like the Rara she knew. Her voice didn't sound natural anymore.

"Rarity was right! I don't believe it!" she said to herself.

Even Asami had to admit it was over the top. "Okay, in retrospect, I've only heard her sing I've never actually seen her perform."

"And…?" Korra awaited an answer.

"And…I can see what you mean now."

Once the dancers gathered backstage, Svengallop approached his client, clapping happily. "Oh, my shining star! Thanks to the sparkling costumes, dazzling choreography, and brilliant vocal effects that I designed, your performance was spectacular, Countess Coloratura!"

"Oh, thank you, Svengallop!" the Countess said with a short laugh, actually taking in the compliment.

Applejack could not believe what she was hearing. How could Rara even consider the fact that this show was about her and her music when it was nothing but the effects and shimmering lights. She eyed the manager suspiciously before turning back to her friends.

"Correct me if I'm wrong here, but that feller isn't actually complimentin' Rara. He's complimentin' all the bells and whistles he's piled on to make her Countess Coloratura."

Rarity shook her head, "Oh, no-no-no-no-no, you don't understand, Applejack. Creating all those elements is a lot of work, and Countess Coloratura's performance wouldn't exist without them."

Korra crossed her arms, "If you ask me, that wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing."

Mako had to agree, "Yeah, Rarity. Sparkling accessories may work in fashion, but when it comes to music it's different. Heck, I could barely make out her voice with all the lights and smoke everywhere."

"I'm gonna go and talk to her." said Applejack, making her way towards the so called singer to get to the bottom of all of this. There was no way that this pony could change so much, and in such a way.

The Countess sighed while placing a hand over her forehead in a dramatic fashion, "Oh, if we're all done here, I'd love to go back to my trailer and rest, Svengallop."

Bolin and Pinkie Pie appeared from behind the two and Pinkie read from the clipboard, "Actually, right now you're scheduled for your meet and greet with the school kids! We've also got some schoolponies from Ponyville who are your biggest fans!"

Svengallop scoffed in disgust. If there was anything he hatted more than humans, it was sticky, buggery, whining children. "Ugh. I can totally get you out of meeting with the school kids, Countess."

Applejack narrowed her eyes at the sleazy manager but then she also felt a wave of worry. What if Countess said now? Then the children would be disappointed.

"Absolutely not." the Countess firmly stated to her manager, "My favorite part of any event is meeting with the children! Human, pony or otherwise!"

Applejack smiled happily upon hearing those words as she approached her old friend, who may not have changed so much after all. "The school kids'll be so happy to hear that, Rara!" she said before leading the way for her old friend to see the children.

Much to her manager's dismay. He was sure to keep a close eye on this particular pony.

(~)

Counter Coloratura gathered around the schoolchildren of the Republic City elementary schoolhouse. So many of them were already big fans, having heard of her from the pony friends and all, and adored her music. Even the Cutie Mark Crusaders with their schoolmates were there, including the airbender children who enjoyed the Countess's performance just as much.

Coloratura never looked happier, regardless of the thick eyeliner she wore and the thick black veil over her face, she seemed her most content when with these children. This was actually her first time seeing human children, and she had no idea what her manager meant by them being disgusting. In her eyes, they were the most adorable little things she had ever laid her eyes on as she hugged several of them.

"Alright little ones, as part of the Helping Hooves Music Festival, I'm holding a contest where some of you will get a chance to sing with me onstage at the concert tomorrow! Sound fun?"

The children and anthro foals all cheered happily at the news. The chance to sing with such a huge pop star was a dream come true. Their happiness was Rara's happiness.

Applejack smiled from afar, seeing her old friend interacting with the children. Korra and Mako approached, smiling at the adorable scene. "Wow, she really lives kids." said the firebender with a smile.

Applejack nodded her head. "Yep. Now that's more like the Rara I remember." she said happily. But sadly, her happiness was short lived when the Countess suddenly felt a sting in her throat and began to cough so hard it seemed as if she were chocking. The children all gathered around her. The singer didn't look so good. But after a while she cleared her throat and spoke up, sounding slightly raspy.

"Sorry, I guess I swallowed my gum." she lied, she wasn't chewing any gum at all. Why did she lie, Applejack wondered. "Alright! Now who wants more hoofsies?" she asked the children, changing the subject to dismiss any of their previous worries.

But this did not suite well for Applejack. That cough didn't look normal in her eyes, and her two friends had to agree. Something was definitely off here.

(~)

Bolin checked off most of the items off of the to-do list, including the Countess's meeting with the school kids. "Okay, so far so good. Hey, I'm actually pretty good at this organizing business." he said to himself.

"But… I got everything you requested!"

He then heard a familiar voice from a few feet away. Hiding behind a tree, Bolin spotted Pinkie Pie speaking with Coloratura's manager, Svengallop. And by the looks of it, he didn't seem too happy at all.

"That was for Countess Coloratura! This is for me! And what I want is premium oats!"

Pinkie Pie smiled in relief, "Oh! Well, we have lots of tasty oats right here from Ponyville!" she said, showing him a plate of oats she had. But the arrogant manager swatted the plate away, making the oats land all over her mane and tail.

"I would not feed those to a chicken! I want top-of-the-line Appleloosan oats! Next, it appears that we are surrounded by apple trees. Bring me five hundred pre-peeled, pre-cored apples, and I want those things in twenty-four hours!"

Bolin gasped at the way this pony was ordering his friend around, and Pinkie Pie gasped. "But that's impossible!" she stated.

"Do you want me to pull Countess Coloratura from your little podunk charity show?! Because I will!"

With that, Svengallop walked off, adjusting both his hair and tie, leaving a devastated Pinkie Pie behind. Bolin came from out of hiding and Pinkie Pie attempted to explain the whole situation, "Bolin! Svengallop just made all of these new demands and he said—"

"I heard, Pinkie. But don't you worry."

"Worry about what?" another voice called out, which belonged to Applejack, accompanied by Korra and Mako.

"That sleazy manager pony guy is threatening to pull Countess Coloratura out of the charity if Pinkie Pie doesn't do what he wants."

"What?!" Korra exclaimed in anger, her fists clenching, ready to--literally--knock some sense into that pony. Nobody messes with her pony sisters. "Where is he?! I'll show him--!"

"Easy there, Princess Feisty Pants!" Applejack pleaded to her friend, "Let's not get too ahead of ourselves. I'll talk to Rara and fix things right up."

Korra took in a deep breath, calming herself down. "Okay…I'm calm…I'm calm. But if he orders Pinkie around again I am gonna--!"

"Breath! Breath." Mako held her by the shoulders, gently rubbing her arms, inhaling and exhaling alongside her. "In and out, in an out. Talking first, okay. Talking first."

"Okay…okay." Korra slowly eased herself, "And then punch him in the face?"

"Hopefully."

(~)

Applejack kept true to her word and walked on over to her old friend, who was just down speaking with the Cutie Mark Crusaders. Apple Bloom ran towards her sister, hugging her waist, happily excited.

"Did'ja see, sis?! Did'ja see?!"

"Is this the little sister you wrote to me about, AJ?" asked Coloratura, which shocked the little filly.

"Hold on, Applejack. You wrote to Countess Coloratura about me?!"

"AJ said you were the best little sister ever, Apple Bloom!"

The Crusaders stood there with eyes popped and jaw dropped. Applejack actually knew the Countess personally. Apple Bloom was so shocked that Applejack had to wave a hand in front of her face just to see if she would respond. She chuckled, "Alright now, you'd best get along, little ponies."

The Crusaders smiled with glee as they waved goodbye to the Countess, who knew one of their sisters personally. It was just too good to be true!

Coloratura giggled at their reactions before Applejack got down to business. "Uh… Hey, Rara, you mind if I talk to you about your manager?"

"Sure, what about him?"

"Well, while you were meetin' with the school kids, he was demandin' all sorts of stuff from Pinkie Pie."

"Svengallop works very hard as my manager, AJ, so if he needs some things when we're on the road, I don't see anything wrong with that."

"Well, do you see somethin' wrong with him tellin' Pinkie that if she doesn't get those things by tomorrow, he'd pull you from our charity festival?"

This news came as a complete shock to the Countess. Her ears twitched in surprise, a habit that remained from her filly days. "What? But he knows how important charity is to me, and leaving the festival would completely ruin my image!"

"I'm afraid Svengallop doesn't give a pickled pippin about your charity work."

"That's not true!" Coloratura stated, rather angrily. How dare she speak this way about her manager, who had done nothing but help her become exactly the kind of pony she wanted to me.

"Svengallop has always supported me in all my interests. You're just saying those things because you're jealous!"

"Jealous of what? A pony who hides behind a veil so thick she can't see when somepony's usin' her? No, I'm not jealous of that, Rara!"

"I am not Rara! I am Countess Coloratura! And while--" the singer pony stopped herself when she started coughing once more, but regained her composure in order to finish her sentence, "And while we may have been friends when we were young, we have clearly gone in different directions!"

With a flip of her overly large mane, Countess Coloratura walked off in a huff, leaving a very devastated Applejack behind. So much for that idea.

And so much for their friendship.

(~)

Meanwhile, Svengallop awaited for his client at her trailer. He heard coughing coming from outside and saw the Countess gripping her neck, chocking.

"Countess, there you are!"

"Svengallop, I think there's something wrong." she said, her voice sounding terribly raspy.

"I'll say. You need to do your vocal warm ups before tonight. And by vocal warm ups, I mean practicing with the vocal enhanced spell."

"No, I think it's my voice. It hurts when I try to sing and I've been coughing a lot recently."

But despite her pleads, Svengallop only shrugged it off. "Oh, you've just a case of the nerves, that's all." he rummaged through his pocket and pulled out a paper wrapped medicine. "Here, have a cough drop, you'll feel better."

"I don't know. This has never happened to me before." the Countess said with worry in her currently raspy voice.

"Trust me, you have nothing to worry about. You know what, forget the warmups. Why don't you go and take a rest? Light up some scented candles, they're good for the chops."

"But--"

"Can we talk latter, I still need to attend to a few more things. Don't you worry. By tonight you'll be fit as a fiddle." he tapped her on the back before leaving, but once she was out of sight, his happy facade shifted into a look of bitterness.

Coloratura looked down at her cough drop in her hand. Maybe she was just tired and there really was nothing to worry about. Besides, if Svengallop said it would be okay then she should trust him…right?

Just as she was about to take the medicine she heard something coming from behind the trees. It sounded like…singing. Beautiful singing. She had never heard a voice like that since.

Well, herself.

Carefully, she followed the sound. Even the words sounded familiar.

You tell you're in love with me

Like you can't take your pretty eyes away from me

It's not that I don't want to stay

But every time you come to close I move away

Rara couldn't believe her ears. That was one of her songs. Her earliest ones, she had nearly forgotten that one. She followed the voice and saw that the one singing the song…

Was Avatar Korra!

The actual half human/half alicorn princess was singing one of her old songs. And with the most beautiful voice she had ever heard. It rivaled even her own. She never knew a natural sounding song could be so beautiful.

I wanna believe in everything that you say

'Cause it sounds so good

But if you really want me

Move slow

There's things about me

You just have to know

Sometimes I run

Sometimes I hide

Sometimes I'm scared of you

But all I really want is to hold you tight

Treat you right

Be with you day and night

Baby, all I need is time

"That's my song." Coloratura said, startling the princess, who blushed in embarrassment.

"Oh! It's you. Sorry, I was just--wait, what do you mean it's your song?"

"One of my earliest singles, when I first started out."
"Really? I just heard it one time and memorized the lyrics. It was really one of yours?" Korra was very surprised to hear that this over the top pop star actually sang good songs in the past instead of superficial songs about glamour, fame and popularity.
"Yeah. I haven't heard it in so long. I wrote inspired by my parents and how they met. You…you have an amazing voice." suddenly, the pony's eyes shrunk and she once again felt her throat throbbing in pain.

"Rara? What's wrong?!" Korra rushed to her side, seeing the pony grip her neck, no doubt the source of her pain. Not wanting to deal with a stubborn pony, Korra forcibly removed her hands from her neck and tore off the chocker necklace around her neck, only gasp.

"What in Equestria?!"

The poor pony's neck was literally bruised, and not like from a hickey, but more like a gigantic black mold was covering parts of her neck. This didn't look good, or done by natural causes.

"Korra! What's going on?" a voice called out as the second alicorn princess rushed right over to help, having heard the commotion and gasped when she saw the horrible state the pop star's neck was in. "Oh, no!"

"Help me get her up!" together, the two princesses helped the pony up and led her to a safe place. The three went underneath the bridge, where Korra bended water from the pond, making it glow as she gently placed it on Rara's neck. The pony slowly began to calm down once the soothing waters took effect.

"How did this happen?" Korra asked.

"I don't know." she responded, her voice raspy and sore. "This has never happened before."

"Well, I can tell you right now this wasn't done just by anything." Twilight said before snapping her fingers and magically magic a book appear out of thin air. She flipped through the pages until she landed on the one she was looking for. "Countess, how many times have you used the vocal enhancing spell during your concerts?"

"All the time." she replied.

"I was afraid of that. It says here that the Vocal Enhancing spell can manipulate sound waves in a pony's voice to either increase or camouflage their singing vocal patterns. However, the more you overuse it the more it can be hazardous to your health."

"But, Svengallop said it was safe."

"It is…for a while. But if you continue using it like crazy it'll ruin your voice for good."

"But I need it!"

"Why? Because Svengallop said you so?" Korra asked, sounding more like a disappointed mother.

"He knows what he's doing. He's been in the music business for years."

"And when it comes to business folks will do just about anything to keep themselves at the top. Even if it means hurting somebody. Trust me, I know."

The Countess wanted to reply, but her throat was still in serious pain, even thought the princess did her best to ease the pain. Slowly, Korra lowered her hands and inspected her neck.

"Okay, good news and bad news. Good news is I managed to stop the swelling so your voice should be fine. Bad news, like Twilight said, if you use that spell again tonight you might never sing again."

For a moment, the pony was silent. She didn't know what to say. What would she do if she couldn't sing anymore?

"What should I do?" she asked, her eyes looking up at the princess with such sorrow.

"We don't know." Twilight replied honestly. "Maybe you could start by singing without the spell. Applejack told us you used to sing just fine without it."

"In fact, I'm betting you'd sound even more amazing than you did today." Korra said encouragingly.

The two princesses were really trying to lift up the pony's spirits, give her encouragement, but she didn't seem to like the idea of singing by herself without any help. It was then, the Avatar made a starling revelation.

"You haven't used your actual voice in a long time, have you?"

The Countess sighed sadly, looking daring to look at her. "No. I haven't." she slowly got up, "Thanks again." she said right before leaving the princesses alone.

Korra felt compassion for the pony. Unable to sing like she used to must be a horrible thing. While she will admit, her auto-tuned voice didn't sound as bad, but by using it too much she was hurting herself. And she didn't even seem to even consider the possibility of singing without the spell. What would she do?

(~)

The next morning, Applejack spun the machine around in oder to peal the apples that Svengallop had requested. But she was hardly focusing on the task and more so on her friend.

"It just ain't right! He's manipulatin' her, and she's just not seein' it!"

"Enough stewin', more peeling'!" Pinkie exclaimed, her mane and tail already covered in apple cords, and apple slices, having peeled a whole bundle of apples. Bolin assisted as well, already feeling worked to the bone as he wiped away the sweat from his brow.

But Applejack just couldn't take this lying down. She had to talk to Rara about this, even if she wouldn't believe her. She just had to try. After all, she was an earthbender pony, and earthbenders never go down without a fight.

"Sorry, fellas, but there is no way I'm lettin' that lousy Svengallop use my friend like that!" with that, Applejack ran off to go find her old friend, leaving poor Bolin and Pinkie Pie to groan at the remaining apples they still had left to peal.

(~)

"Countess Coloratura!" Applejack called out to the singer, who was on stage talking with her backup dancers.

"Wow, AJ, you said my real name."

"I said your new name, but I saw the real you hangin' out with those school kids yesterday. And I know somepony that'd prefer if you stop doin' those little events."

The countess scoffed, turning her head away. "Ugh, not this again."

"Well maybe you'll listen if I tell you your own voice is on the line if you keep using that vocal spell."

Coloratura's eyes widened in shock. "How did you--"

"Korra told me all about it. We don't keep secrets from each other."

"Apparently, nopony around her does." she said, crossing her arms in anger.

"Come on now. You've just got to give me a chance to prove what I'm sayin' is true."

"And just how are you going to do that?"

"Do exactly what I say. We'll see if that Svengallop truly has your best interests at heart."

Countess Coloratura wasn't entirely sure about this. But, could it really be true? At this point, she really didn't have much of a choice.

(~)

"Svengallop? Svengallop! Where are you, Svengallop?" the singer called out for her manager, who appeared right beside her.

"Here I am! Did you need something?"

"Yes, I was... considering…" the pony hesitated with her words. Should she do this? She wasn't entirely sure. But with so much on the line at this point, she really didn't know what else to do. "..m-maybe canceling the contest with the school kids..?"

Words could not express how happy Svengallop was to hear this news. "Countess, this is wonderful! I've been waiting forever for you to cancel that pointless human school kids contest."

"You… have?" hearing him say these words hurt her more than her own throat.

"You do it at every charity event, and it does absolutely nothing to promote the Countess Coloratura image that I built! Consider it cancelled. Pinkie Pie!"

The overly exhausted pony appeared up from behind, coughing appeal cords from her throat, her hair and mane a complete mess. "Yes, Svengallop, sir!" she said, nearly out of breath.

"We are making some adjustments to the show. Follow me!" while he led Pinkie PIe away from the singer, she turned her head to Applejack, who gave her a salute before waving to Twilight Sparkle, who hovered above Svengallop and Pinkie Pie, her horn twinkling as she watched the events unfold.

"Cancel the contest for the human kids and schedule me a spa treatment." Svengallop ordered the exhausted pink pony, "Now that I don't have to oversee a rehearsal with those brats, I have time for the works! You know the drill! Deliver, or the diva ditches your dippy charity!"

Adjusting his tie, he walked away from the frightened pony before coming back to his client, acting as if nothing had happened.

"Okay, Countess Coloratura, all taken care of!"

"You know the drill! Deliver, or the diva ditches your dippy charity!" Svengallop's eyes widened in horror when he heard the exact same words he said only seconds ago, amplified and replayed for all to see, curtesy of Twilight's magic, projecting a screen and a recording of the events. The male manager gulped upon seeing the anger in the singer's eyes.

"So that's how you've been managing things?"

Svengallop was just about to come up with a counter excuse, but there was really no denying what just happened. The cat was out of the bag.

"Yeah, so? What's the problem?"

"The problem is, is you've been using my name to intimidate ponies to get what you want!"

"But I work incredibly hard for you! I deserve everything I get!"

"But not because you scare others into thinking I won't perform for their charities otherwise! I would never do that to my fans! Which is why you should have known that I would never cancel the school kids' contest!"

"Hmph. All this charity and school kid contest nonsense is just remnants of that boring little Rara I met back in Manehattan! And now you want to carry that on with these disgusting, fleshy humans! Don't forget, I made you somepony! I gave you the cloths, the name, the voice, everything!"

"Oh, really? Well look at what your voice did to me!" she angrily removed her necklace, revealing the soar on her neck, which even shocked Svengallop. "Overusing the vocal spell did this, and you didn't even care!"

"Oh, please! You could have any voice you want with the right spell. Heck, you could even have that Princess Avatar's voice if you'd have just asked."

"No! You clearly don't understand the real me!" she shouted in anger, while finally removing the dark vail that she had over her eyes. In more ways than one.

"Ha, that's a joke! What can you even do without me? Good luck, Countess Coloratura! Good luck."

With his nose held up high in the air, the stallion marched off of the stage, but his punishment wasn't done yet. Spike and Pabu made him trip with their tails and land face first into the dirt. He spit the brown dirt out of his mouth, only to feel a heavy load land on top of him. Naga, the polar bear dog, had seated herself on top of him.

"Get this beast off of me!!" he demanded, hitting the ground while a whinny little child.

Mako leaned against the dog, smiling in satisfaction. "Stop. Bad dog. No." he said in an disinterested tone, not even trying to order the dog to get up. On the contrary, he gave her a treat for being such a good girl.

Looks like Svengallop now knew what it was to have hit the 'bottom'.

(~)

After a while, Korra gave her diagnosis after she stopped the water from glowing.. "Okay, good news and bad news. Good news is, your throat should be fine so long as you drink plenty of cold water and I'd avoid any derry for a while."

"Wow, you got all that just by healing my neck?" Rara said, bering very impressed.

"Not really, I just read it in a book. When you spend as much time with a pony like Twilight as I have you pick up a few things."

"And what's the bad news."

"Well, it's only bad depending on you. It means that you can never use that vocal spell ever again. If you do, then your voice is gone for good."

"Well, good thing I'll never use it again." Rara stood back up from her chair, already fully dressed for the concert that night. She wore a different outfit from before, no longer in that white ponytail wig from before, but her natural hair styled to look curly with an assortment of gems, jeweled feathered makeup o her eyebrows, along with a blue bird styled outfit with a feather piece holding her tail up and a pair of platform go-go boots and dark blue arm warmers on her arms along with fingerless cyan gloves.

Rarity was just done adjusting her final headpiece for the singer. "So, are you ready to start the show?" the unicorn asked.

"Yes." Rara stood up, peeking over to the grand audience that awaited for her. And that was when it hit her.

This was her very first concert in years, not using her vocal spell. What if nobody liked her singing? And worse, she didn't have her normal visual effects like she always did, which was what her fans came to expect from her. How could she go out there like this? Looking the part but not being the part? This was insane, what if she couldn't even seen in her normal voice anymore? What if she had forgotten how to sing on her own? It was clear now, she couldn't do this.

"Oh, my gosh, you guys, Svengallop's right! This is gonna be a disaster! I'm gonna be terrible!" the poor pony began pacing back and forth in a frenzy, preventing Rarity from placing the headpiece on her head.

It was then when Applejack walked into the scene, "Can you guys give us a minute?"

"Certainly." Rarity said with a nod before she left with Korra in tow, who gave Applejack a thumbs up. She knew her friend could handle this.

"Now, why's it gonna be so terrible?" Applejack asked her dear old friend.

"Because Svengallop was in charge of everything! The lights, the visuals, the sound! I haven't even sang without the vocal spell in so long, I wouldn't even know if I can still sing. Without Svengallop, I have nothing!"

"Now, now, don't go gettin' yourself into a tizzy there, Rara." wrapping her arm around her friend, she let her back to her vanity mirror and gently sat her back down on the stool.

"Svengallop turned you into Countess Coloratura and acted like your friend so he could enjoy the perks that came with bein' a star. But the real perk of friendship is gettin' to see your friend bein' true to their self. And Rara, when you're simply yourself, you're the brightest star I've ever seen shine."

Rara gazed at he reflection in the mirror, taking in her friend's words. Svengallop never once said anything like this to her before. He always told her she needed to be this, and needed to say that. But for Applejack, being herself was enough. Even when Korra came to help her, regardless of the fact that she didn't like her music before, she still volunteered to help her. Korra sang from her heart, without any magical assistance whatsoever. It reminded her of when she used to do the exact same thing. Both Applejack and Korra reminded Rara of what she was meant to do with her life. In fact, when she looked at her cutie mark, she realized it had been a very long time since it had shined like the sun.

Well now, the time had come for that star to come back out.

(~)

The crowd gathered at the park, lights decorating the area in the most enchanting manner. Ponies and humans alike sat together, ready for the show. Mako, Korra and the rest of the Mane Six sat near the front row to get a better view. However, one person in particular was sound asleep, using Asami's shoulder as a pillow, while a certain pink pony slept on her lap.

"Poor babies." said the heiress, "They worked themselves to the bone."

"They should be proud." said Mako, "They did a pretty good job organizing this event. I think Bolin just may have found a new skill."

Korra giggled and looked to the audience, seeing all of her friends and family present. She felt a tap on her shoulder and looked up to see her old friend.

"Kuvira! You made it!" the Avatar got up and hugged the metalbender.

"Good to see you again, Korra."

"Hey, Kuvira." Mako greeted, "Glad you could make it."

"Thanks for inviting me." she said.

It was then, that Bolin snapped awake. "What? What happened? Did we miss the show?"

"No, sweetie. You got here just in time." Asami said with a smile.

"Oh, good. Hey, Kuvira….Kuvira?! When did you get here?!"

"I actually arrived in Republic City late yesterday afternoon."

"When I heard she was in town I invited her." Korra said, allowing the metalbender to sit beside her and her boyfriend, "Take a seat, the show's about to start."

The airbenders shot a spotlight onto the stage, and Princess Twilight stepped forward, causing everyone to burst into a roar of applauds, which woke Pinkie Pie up. Twilight Sparkle addressed to the crowd, "Good evening, everybody! Welcome to opening night of the Helping Hooves Music Festival! Now it is my great honor to introduce you to our headlining act – Countess Coloratura!"

The crowd cheered like mad, anxious to see the legendary pop start perform. But, once the curtain rose up, she didn't look anything like she did in her albums and posters. In fact, she didn't wear any flashy cloths or have backup dancers behind her. She wore a simple slim black gown with transparent long sleeves and a silver necklace around her neck, which was slowly healing from the constant vocal spell use. Her hair was styled with a soft bang brushed to the left side, and her black indigo hair was curled just like it was when she was a filly, as was her tail. She looked all natural, which made her all the more beautiful. In front of her, rested a beautiful black piano.

"This song may be familiar, but yet, it's totally different. Kind of like me, Rara."

The audience exchanged looks of confusion and muttered with one another. What was the singer planning to do? But regardless of their reactions, Rara sat on a stool and played on the piano. A soft musical sound surrounded the park. It wasn't enhanced music, no technical or magical assistance whatsoever. This was all her. With much hesitation, she opened her mouth to sing on her own for the very first time in so long.

I'm here to show you who I am

Threw off the veil, it's finally time

There's more to me than glitz and glam, oh-whoa

And now I feel my stars align

Rara couldn't believe it. She was singing. Actually singing! And she sound beautiful, just like she did as a filly. Slowly, her voice grew stronger and stronger, just like her heart. As she did, several unicorns in the audience lit up their horns to illuminate the stage for her song.

For I had believed what I was sold

I did all the things that I was told

But all that has changed, and now I'm bold

'Cause I know

From behind her, an orchestra of airbenders played on several instruments for the pony's song.

That I am just a pony

I make mistakes from time to time

But now I know the real me

And put my heart out on the line

And let the magic in my heart stay true

Whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa

And let the magic in my heart stay true

Whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa

Just like the magic inside of you

The Cutie Mark Crusaders smiled at the lyrics of the song. It wasn't anything like Coloratura had sang before. This was even better!

Rara looked up into the night sky, gazing at the stars high above her head, sparkling just like she was.

And now I see those colors

Right before my eyes

I hear my voice so clearly

And I know that it is right

They thought I was weak, but I am strong

They sold me the world, but they were wrong

And now that I'm back, I still belong

'Cause I know

From her cheek, her cutie mark shimmered and sparkled just like it did when she was young. For the first time in so long, she was singing with all of the love in her heart. For the first time ever.

She was set free. And she couldn't be happier to hear her voice again.

Among the audience, Applejack and Korra cried tears of joy while the others cheered for Rara, the audience bursting into a roaring wave of applauds. Even Rara herself shed a few tears. She never knew she had missed her voice so much. Then, like magic, the bruises from her neck disappeared completely the louder she sang with her one and only voice.

That I am just a pony

I make mistakes from time to time

But now I know the real me

And put my heart out on the line

And let the magic in my heart stay true

Whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa

And let the magic in my heart stay true

Whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa

Just like the magic inside of you

Just like the magic inside of you...

As the song came to a close, and the airbenders stopped playing the instruments, the audience stood up from their seats, clapping and cheering like crazy. That was the most beautiful song they had ever heard and the most incredible performance they had ever seen. Rara took the microphone, stepping a few feet further onto the stage to speak to everyone.

"Thank you, everybody! When I arrived at the Helping Hooves Music Festival, I had forgotten who I really was! But then an old friend reminded me what real friendship is about." her eyes fell upon a certain country pony, who smiled in return. "And she told me that if I was true to myself, I couldn't go wrong! So I have a very special surprise for her. All the children that have attended the festival, come on up!"

Each and every child that was there happily ran up to the stage, including the Cutie Mark Crusaders and the airbender children. They all stood beside the singer, while the Crusaders stood closest to her. The airbenders played their instruments once more and an equestrian flag fell gently from above as a familiar song was sang by Rara and the children.

Equestria, the land I love

A land of harmony

Our flag does wave from high above

For ponykind to see

Rara extended her hand for Applejack to come up and join her on stage, to which she happily complied. The two friends stood together while singing with all of the children, together in perfect harmony.

Equestria, a land of friends

Where ponykind do roam

They say true friendship never ends

Equestria, my home

As the audience cheered once more, Sweetie Belle levitated a triangle for Applejack to ting. Which she did, just like the two friends did long ago at Camp Friendship.

(~)

After the event, friends and family gathered together to enjoy snacks and games, and to talk about the performance of Rara. The pony received so many compliments from new fans, old and new. She truly was a rising star in the human world now. She received a surprise hug from her old dear friend.

"Good to have you back, Rara."

"It's great to be back, AJ."

"You were amazing out there." Korra said as she approached the two, smiling proudly at her new friend.

"Thank you, Princess. If it weren't for you I probably would have never been able to sing again. And you reminded me was singing from the heart was really all about."

"You keep that voice safe, okay? Don't let anybody take it away from you again."

"I won't." Rara thanked the Avatar once more by giving her a hug. Any friend of Applejack's was a friend of hers.

(~)

"Can I get up now? I learned my lesson!" Svengallop begged the little dragon Spike to get the giant dog off of him.

"Sorry, orders from the boss."

The pony managers groaned in frustration, while angrily facing his punishment for being a lier and a cheat.

(~)

While everyone was lost in their own conversations, Korra handed Kuvira a glass of punch. "So, what do you think?"

"Like always, you've outdone yourself, Princess."

"Well, the real credit goes to Bolin and Pinkie Pie. They're the ones who really arranged the whole thing."

"That's not surprising. After seeing Bolin's display during the Grand Equestria Summit in Canterlot I knew he had a real talent for gathering folks for a good cause."

"Yeah, he's pretty special that way. Speaking of causes, you said you wanted to talk to me about your progress in the Earth Kingdom. I haven't been getting any distress letters so I'm assuming things are going well." she smiled…but it did not last one, for her friend did not look at all too happy, or hopeful in the matter.

"What's wrong?"

"I'm sorry, Korra. I was hoping we could talk about this the moment I arrived, but I didn't want to interfere with your work until after the concert."

"What is it? What's happened."

"Let's just say things aren't running as smoothly as they did before. That's actually the real reason why I came here, on behalf of the Earth Queen."

"Kuvira, whatever it is you can count on me to help you."

"Actually, it's not just you I'm here to talk with. I also came looking for him." Kuvira gestured with her head to behind the princess, who spun around to see her friends all gathered together by the snack table. Kuvira's gaze was rested on one friend in particular who was laughing alongside the raven haired beauty on his arm.

"Bolin?"

To be continued...

(~)