• Published 6th Jun 2015
  • 3,332 Views, 47 Comments

The Little Pony Legend: A Kingdom of Friendship - MaggiesHeartLove



Join Team Avatar as they travel to new places spreading The Magic of Friendship wherever they go!

  • ...
20
 47
 3,332

Amending Fences. part 1

*(~)*

Ecclesiastes 4: 9-12 ~

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble. Likewise, two people lying close together can keep each other warm. But how can one be warm alone? A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken.

*(~)*

Amending Fences

part 1

Korra and Twilight had never felt more relaxed as they both sat comfortably on the sofa of Korra's living room of her new palace. Twilight sighed in relief, "Ah, after three events in one week, we so deserve this."

Korra couldn't agree more. "Totally. Just two best friends having a quiet night."

"And the extra handsome doesn't hurt either." the alicon winked at her boyfriend, who had his arm wrapped around her while she rested her head on his shoulder. Korra was in the exact same position with her boyfriend, Mako. The two were having a simple double date simply enjoying each other's company. Using her magic, Korra levitated a tray of snacks for them to munch on, while Spike walked in wearing an apron and a red cloth around his head and yellow gloves.

"You know the worst thing about being around two couples? The dishes. As if two mouths eating wasn't enough."

The four of them didn't mind Spike being around, he deserved some peace and quiet as well. They all did.

"Thanks for taking care of that, Spike." Korra said before nuzzling closer with her boyfriend. "I've been looking forward to this all day."

Mako kissed the crown of her head, "Me too. If anyone deserves some time off it's you girls."

Spike took a book from the counter and sat down to read while the couples enjoyed their time together. "It's kinda funny, isn't it? All these folks comin' to you girls for advice about friendship?"

"What's funny about that?" Twilight asked curiously.

"You know, 'cause you used to be famous for being such a bad friend."

Korra scoffed, "Hey! I wasn't that bad!"

"No, I meant Twilight. Before she came to Ponyville she hardly took notice of any friends."

Twilight sat upright, looking at her dragon in confusion, "What are you talking about? I had good friends in Canterlot."

"You had friends in Canterlot?" Korra asked, rather surprised. "I never knew that."

"I never told you?"

"No. You mentioned having met a few ponies but you never regarded them as friends."

"I always thought you didn't any have friends until you moved to Ponyville." said Mako.

Twilight shook her head in disbelief, "That can't be right. I'm sure I must have mentioned them at some point. Didn't I?"

"Come on, Twilight. Look at the wall." Spike pointed his claw to the all of the pictures Korra had on display, all depicting her and Twilight with each of their friends, even from Twilight's coronation, and their times in Ponyville.

"D'ya see any photos from before we moved to Ponyville? And look at you now – the Princess of Friendship."

Twilight stood up from the sofa and gaze at the picture of Spike smiling at the corner, with the newly crowned princess alicorn behind him, embracing her friends. He was right, there wasn't any picture of her past friends, the ones she hardly payed attention to at all in her youth. She gasped in horror.

"This is a disaster! All my old friends! I can't remember what they look like! I think I remember Stwinkleshine. Or, was it Lemon shine? Was she the white one or the blue one?" she gasped again, "I can't believe this!"

Flash stood up and tried to console her, "Twilight, relax. What Spike meant was that you've come so far. You're now the best friend any of us has ever had."

Twilight, still frantic over her new discovery, grabbed her boyfriend by the shoulders, "But do you really think that they think I'm a bad friend?!"

Flash honestly didn't know what to answer. "Uhhh…well….I don't really…"

"Oh, I feel terrible! I've gotta make it up to them!"

Now it was Korra's turn to stand up and try to calm the frantic anthro pony down. "Whoa, whoa, slow down. Can't it wait till tomorrow?"

"No Korra, I've let this go on for far too long! Pack a bag, Spike! We're going to Canterlot!" Twilight made a mad dash up the stairs to Korra's room, where they could crossover from hr palace to Twilight's. She briefly came back, "And make a list of my friends' names." she said before running back up again.

Korra, Flash and Mako all shot nasty glares at Spike. "You had to open your big mouth, didn't you?" said the firebender, making the poor little dragon chuckle nervously.

Korra sighed in defeat, "I better go with to make sure she doesn't do anything drastic."

"We'll come too." said Flash dejectedly, "Not like we had any other plans."

(~)

Twilight must have been in a hurry because she couldn't wait till the next morning. She, Korra and Flash flew towards Canterlot, Mako rose and a magical floating disk Korra had conjured up while Spike rode on Twilight's back.

"Come on, Twilight. You're getting worked up about nothing'." said Spike.

"And why couldn't we come in the morning?" Mako asked with a pouty face, "The sun isn't even up so why am I?"

"I'm sure your old friends don't have any resentment towards you." Korra said to the alicorn in reassurance.

"I can't take that chance Korra. I may have told you I didn't used to like making friends. But what I didn't tell you was just how I used to treat anyone who wanted to be."

"And why not?"

"Because I never realized it until now." Twilight flew ahead and landed in the middle of the castle courtyard. Korra and Flash also landed and the disk Korra made for Mako disappeared, allowing him to land as well. Spike jumped off of Twilight's back and the alicorn looked up at the tower that use to be her home.

"The only logical place to start is at the beginning. This is where I use to live when I was Celestia's student." she explained while she walked towards it, along with her friends.

Korra could barely believe her eyes, there was something almost familiar about this tower. As if she had seen it somewhere before in a dream long ago.

Twilight opened the door of what once was her home and sanctuary. Once opened she screamed in terror when she saw an unknown elderly pony, sweeping the place with his horn, levitating a broom.

"Oh, sorry. Didn't think anypony else was coming."

"Who are you?" Twilight asked, "What are you doing here?"

"Well, I'm the royal pony janitor, kid. This was my last errand of the day. Time to turn in. Latter." the janitor pony walked away, leaving Twilight a chance to enter the tower.

Because it was nighttime most of everything was shrouded in darkness. It was a lovely place to live, much like any castle, with a balcony with a stunning view, comfy places to sit in, it certainly was a lavish place.

Mako looked around the place, amazed at how his best friend use to live. "This…was your house?! How long have you been living here?"

"Four years. Spent all of my time studying. Sure got a lot of memories. Over there was where I read my first Starswirl The Bearded biography. And over there was where I cast my first advanced spell."

Mako was still dumbfounded by the swanky place. "Seriously? Four years ago I shared an attic with my brother and a rodent."

"That's a pretty harsh thing to say about Pabu." said Flash.

"I wasn't talking about Pabu."

Twilight still could not believe how identical the place still was. It certainly was cleaner, but nothing was moved or rearranged. "It's exactly how we left it!"

Korra still couldn't shake the sensation she had been in this place before. Everything felt so familiar, but she knew that couldn't be possible. She looked up at the staircase and began walking upwards with the others following close behind. Korra made her way up only to discover what lied before her.

"Whoa…."

This was the biggest library she had ever seen. Shelves and shelves as far as the eye could see. There were all sorts of gadgets, and treasure chests and charts hanging off of the walls. Tall glass windows adorned the room, illuminating it with the light of the moon. It was stunning.

Mako noticed a piece of paper stuck on the wall. He ripped it off and read the words. "Property of Twilight Sparkle. Nopony else is to enter without an invitation." the firebender then looked at the alicorn, who was blushing in embarrassment, "Wow, you really were anti-social."

Korra traced her fingers over a dusty old book on a pedestal. It looked very familiar. She blew the dust away and was stunned to read what it was about. "Look! It's Predictions and Prophecies! And it's still open to the Elements of Harmony!"

Mako walked over and began reading the words of the book, "The mare in the moon: Myth from olden pony times. A powerful pony who wanted to rule Equestria, defeated by the Elements of Harmony"--Wow! This is where it all began."

Korra felt like she had just found a long lost puzzle to her past. This may have been where Twilight found out about the Elements which led to her finding the rest and eventually finding her. The Elements originated from Korra's past Avatars, none of this would have happened if she wasn't a part of it. She pressed the book close to her chest. Here she was, at the very place where their long story would first start to take shape.

"Our stories…"

Korra then spotted another book on a shelf, flipped through the pages only to end on something that quickly caught her attention.

Spike also found something he thought he's never see again. It was a broken red present books with a yellow ribbon. Beside it was a beaten and broken teary bear.

"Hey, here's that present I was gonna give Moon Dancer! Huh. Guess she won't be needing that." he tossed the bear away only to discover something else within the box, "Hey, look! The rest of it's still here!"

However, Twilight was still rather devastated. Even though the janitor had cleaned up most of the place, he had never once come up to the library. The place was still a mess, nothing above here had changed at all. She sadly gazed at her own reflection on the glass window.

"How could I have let this happen?"

She saw Flash walk up to her, placing a hoof over her shoulders. "Come on, Twilight. Princess Celestia gave you an assignment. Nobody could blame you for that."

"But look at the way I left this place. It's a total mess!" she sadly leaned her head against the window, "Just like how I left my friendships."

Twilight had never felt so horrible. Here she was, the princess who practically preaches friendships to others and she had pushed away such wonderfully nice friends. She recalled the times where they would generously ask her to do things, but she always said no. She never wanted any friends, that was the biggest mistake she ever made, and finding friends was her biggest triumph as a pony. But now, she felt like the biggest hypocrite ever.

Korra squatted down to her level. "Twilight, nobody knows the burden of guilt as well as I do, but you can't let that keep you from seeing all the good you've done."

Mako too squatted beside the pony, "It doesn't matter who you used to be in the past, what really matters is how far you've come since then. Believe me, it's never too late to fix things. And we'll be right here for you."

"All of us."

The reflections on the window were enough to convince her. Twilight wasn't the pony she use to be, not anymore. She would not let the past repeat itself. She was going to make things right, no matter what.

"Thanks you guys. I've gotta make it up toooo... uh…Minuette, Twinkle…Hearts?…Lemon shine, or….?"

Seeing her struggle, Spike counted the names with his claws, "Minuette, Twinkleshine, Lemon Hearts, and Moon Dancer."

"Yeah. Them."

(~)

Sunshine entered the room through the transparent windows, Spike was sound asleep on a pile of books, snoring the cutest little snore. He was roughly woken up when he felt a hoof shake his body and a masculine voice was heard.

"Spike! Come on! We've got work to do!" Flash zoomed over him and the little dragon stretched and yawned, rubbing his sleepy eyes. He saw the two ponies and teens running over the place, all with matching determined and happy smiles on their faces, carrying scrolls and books, a sure sign they had been up for most of the night assisting Twilight in an investigation.

"Have you guys been awake all night?" Spike asked with a groan.

Twilight levitated a scroll and unfolded it, "We did a little research, and I think I know where we can find Minuette! That is one of my friends, right?"

Spike nodded his head before nearly dozing off again, falling off of the pile of books and hitting the floor. Now fully awake.

Korra traced her fingers on the scroll, "Her house is not too far from here."

"Then let's go!"

Twilight was so excited. She was going to meet her old friends for the very first time. She couldn't wait.

(~)

The five friends stood before a tall building with an hourglass over the doorstep. Even the door was shaped like an hourglass. This was it, Twilight thought. This was the moment of truth. The alicorn knocked on the door and patiently awaited a reply.

"Uh, it's not too late to forget I opened my big mouth." Spike said hopefully, not wanting for things to turn for the worst.

"No, Spike, I'm glad you opened your big mouth. These ponies have probably been suffering ever since I left. Wondering why their supposed friend would treat them so badly!"

"I think that's overselling it." said Mako, "They could just let bygones be bygones."

The door creaked, slowly opening. For a moment, the room inside looked barren and empty. Twilight peaked her head in slightly, hoping to see some signs of life inside.

"Minuette?"

What she got was a complete surprise...

"Twilight Sparkle! You old so-and-so! What are you doing here?!"

An adorable little teenage unicorn with a light blue coat, sapphire eyes, big and bright and full of childlike wonder and life. Her mane was a light bluish gray with darker blue streaks and an hourglass cutie mark. The others were also surprised when she just happily walked out of her house, thrilled to see Twilight like there had been no bad blood with them. Ever.

"Hey, Spike!" Minuette waved at the little dragon before admiring Twilight's new wings, "Look at these wings, huh?!" the unicorn was almost as bubbly as Pinkie Pie, only a bit more restraint but still very sociable and bold. She then gasped when she spotted the orange pegasus stallion.

"Oh my gosh! Flash Sentry! I've heard so much about you, how you been?"

Flash was very surprised to see this unicorn recognize him. "Uh, I'm sorry, do I know you?"

"Oh, silly me, of course not! But my cousin was in the same academy as you. You probably don't remember him, Light Zap, he use to be top in his class."

Then, Flash's eyes blinked in realization, "Oh, yeah! Old Zappers! I do remember, he was the most popular colt at the academy. I second next to him."

"I know, my cousin was friends with almost everypony at the academy, spoke about you guys loads of times. A real team player that Zap."

"Wow, I didn't even think anypony noticed me. I wasn't exactly the most sociable pony back then. How's he been?"

"Great, he's training new recruits with some old buddies and he's in town for a couple of weeks visiting family. Hey! You guys should totally catch up, it'll be great!"

"Totally, I'd be great to see the guys again."

Minuete then gasped once more at the sight of the two humans, "You two must be Korra and Mako! I've heard so much about you! Wow, you guys are way taller in person!" the unicorn giggled and her horn started to glow a golden aura, levitating a camera from her inside her house and gave it to Spike. "Hey, grab a picture of me and the princesses, will ya?!" she turned back to Twilight, "I tried to tell my co-workers we used to be friends back when. But they've never believed me!"

Twilight looked at Korra and Mako, who only shrugged their shoulders. Spike did the same before focusing the camera lens to take the picture. Minuette smiled the cutest broad smile ever and Twilight smiled casually at the camera with Korra in the background.

"Wait-wait-wait! Really fluff 'em up, huh?"

The girls opened up their wings for the shot and Minuette stretched out her front legs in a happy manner just as the camera flash went.

Twilight's vision was temporarily blinded before adjusting again to see Minuette inches away from her. "So what are you doing here? I mean, I know you're here all the time, but you never come to see me. Hey! I just had the greatest idea! You wanna go see Lemon Hearts and Twinkleshine?"

Twilight smiled at this, "Of course! My old friends!"

"It'll be great!" Minuette giggled before leaping up with a single skip as if she were flying, "Come on! Let's fly! Get it?" she laughed while galloping ahead.

"This is perfect! I can apologize to all three of them at once!"

"Let's hope they're not as traumatized as Minuette." Spike said sarcastically.

Mako had to agree, "Yeah, wish we brought more tissues."

(~)

Korra didn't know what Twilight was so worried about, meeting her old friends was wonderful. While Spike, Mako and Flash had a chat with Donut Joe, Korra and Twilight happily chatted with the girls. She loved meeting these new friends, they sure didn't seem upset with Twilight for leaving. In fact, they were happy she simply returned. The girls giggled while sharing donuts and Minuette shared with them funny stories.

"She did! Twinkleshine literally spit out her oats when she heard you were the Princess of Friendship!"

Twinkleshine and Lemon Hearts were both unicorn, cousins twin sisters to be exact, but fraternal. They had identical mane styles, curly and smooth with identical eye shapes, what set them apart were their color schemes and Cutie Marks. Lemon Hearts was lemony yellow with an aqua mane and tail and magenta red eyes. Her turtle mark was in the form of three hearts swirled together. Twrinkleshine was gray white with a bright pink mane and lime green eyes with three stars as her cutie mark.

"We saw you at the coronation." said Twinkleshine, "That was some shindig!"

"You did?" Twilight asked in surprise, nearly taking a bite from her donut.

"Sure! We see you all the time!"

"We were even there for Korra's coronation after Harmonic Convergence." said Lemon Hearts after swallowing the donut she had in her mouth. "We all flipped when we discovered our bending powers!"

"You guys can bend?" Korra asked, fascinated and excited to meet more pony benders.

Minuette nodded her head with a smile, "Yep! Lemon Hearts got firebending and Stwinkleshine can waterbend."

"Remember when Lemon Hearts nearly singed your hear?" Stwinkleshine giggled, making her sister glare at her and Minuette only laughed at the memory.

"So, what else have you girls been doing since I left?" Twilight asked.

"Well, we visited Ponyville from time to time, Lemon Hearts and Twinkleshine have family there too, that's where we met Lyra."

"Lyra Heartstrings? I know her!"

"Oh, yeah! She mentioned you a couple of times. We're always over there visiting her. Or she's coming over here!" Minuette giggled, but Twilight was a tad surprised. And disappointed.

"Oh. Really?"

Minuette giggled and broke her donut in half with her magic, "We've thought about asking you to join us from time to time, but we just sorta figured you'd moved on."

Twilight's head lowered in sadness, as did her ears. "Oh."

For a moment, an awkward silence loomed over them. Korra felt just as upset as Twilight did. Lemon Hearts then cleared her throat, "So what brings you by anyway? All those times you've come back to Canterlot, you never had donuts with us before."

"Well, uh, you see…" the alicorn sighed, "I came to apologize."

"For what?" Minuette asked after swallowing her donut.

"Before I left Canterlot, I didn't really appreciate my friends. And that's because I didn't know how important friendship was. But I've learned so much since I moved to Ponyville. I learned what it means to be a good friend and that I certainly wasn't one to the three of you. So for all the pain I caused you, I am truly sorry."

Twilight awaited for her old friends' repines…only to be startled when they immediately started laughing.

"Not exactly the reaction I was going for."

"Well, that apology was a bit over the top in delivery." Korra stated.

Once the giggling stopped, the three ponies cooled down. "Sorry, Twilight!" Lemon Hearts apologized, "But, for real, you came all the way back here just to apologize for all the times you practically ignored us?"

"Well, yes. I thought you'd be angry at me."

"Well, we were." said Twinkleshine, "But, in all honesty, we always had a feeling you didn't want friendship. But we still tried to befriend you anyways."

"We just hatted seeing you all alone all the time, so back then we figured you were just shy." Minuette explained.

Lemon Hearts spoke next, "Sure, it might've stung a bit when you ran off to Ponyville without saying goodbye, but it's not like we weren't used to that from you already. We realized you didn't want any friends after all, so we stopped trying to force you to be with us."

"But that still didn't mean we didn't like you." said Minuette. "Or maybe we figured we just weren't the kind of friends you wanted to have."

"No!" Twilight exclaimed, "That's not true! The three of you are all so wonderful, I was the one who didn't appreciate your efforts. And I'm sorry I didn't try to reconcile with you when you came to Ponyville."

Korra intervened, "In her defense, a lot of ponies look very similar…it's kinda creepy."

"You noticed that too?" Minuette whispered, "I thought I was going crazy!" right when the words left her mouth, an earth pony with a nearly identical coat coloring as Minuette and a cutie mark with a sunflower walked by the window. The five girls all blinked in confusion.

"But it's really good to see you now." said Lemon Hearts with a smile, "Hey! Anypony up for a blast from the past?"

(~)

The three unicorns then took Twilight and the rest of her friends to a large building, which was closed for the day, being the weekend and all. Twilight's violet eyes sparkled at the sight of it, it was a tall almost castle-like building, which most Canterlot architecture mostly looked like, with magic-like swirls around the roof and a golden star over the front doorstep. A golden staircase led to the entrance and various windows adorned the sides. Twilight gasped as the memories flowed back and she peaked into the window, seeing a classroom inside, complete with desks, a blackboard, a teacher's desk and various beakers and books.

"It's our old science lab! I have so many great memories of this place!"

Spike and Flash peaked inside as well, seeing the very room where Twilight use to study.

Minuette then giggled, "Remember when Lemon Hearts got her head stuck in that beaker?"

Twinkleshin and Minuette giggled while Lemon Hearts glared at them in annoyance. That memory was very embarrassing.

Twilight kept her gaze onto the old classroom, the gears in her mind started turning and before her eyes the scene shifted from a room of darkness to one of daylight. Little fillies filled the room, each one a unicorn along with a unicorn teacher as well. The ponies were either giggling or reading their science books, but mostly giggling and having fun with one another.

Twilight could see it all, her childhood. She could even picture Lemon Hearts, her head stuck in the beaker, how she managed to do that was beyond her comprehension. Minuette and Twinkleshine chased after the frantic yellow unicorn to try and pry the beaker off of her head.

Siting on one desk were two little fillies, their noses practically glued onto their books. Once placed down, Twilight immediately recognized the two.

One of the fillies was herself. Or, how she use to be. A book-smart little unicorn with perfectly styled even bangs only partly over her eyes in a perfectly straight fashion. Incredibly different to her new edgier and longer bangs that fell gracefully beside her face, partly covering her eye unless she removed it. Her right leg was completely free of the burn mark she currently held and the lack of wings she once had. My, how different the two ponies were compared to one another.

Korra peaked into the window as well, placing a hand on Twilight's shoulder, only to suddenly be able to see what her friend was seeing. This was incredibly strange, this kind of thing never happened before. Except, it did. Twilight was once able to see Korra's visions of Aang who tried to warn her about Tarlokk so long ago. She was even there to witness Wan's story along with Korra. Perhaps now Korra was experiencing Twilight's past, and how she use to be. The results were still surprising.

Little Twilight lowered the book, both her expressions and tone of voice sounded so different than how she was now, and not because of the age differences. This Twilight after like, just because she was good at magic, then she could handle anything. Sort of like how a certain young Avatar thought she was unstoppable just because she could bend four elements.

……

"But according to this book, you're supposed to add the sodium chloride first." said a young Twilight in a very straightforward, but also somewhat "I know better" fashion.

Beside her was another filly, bizarrely with a similar mane style as Twilight. Identical even. The main differences were their voices and color schemes. The second filly had a light yellowish gray coat, dark purple eyes and brilliant amaranth mane with purple and grayish violet streaks. She was a unicorn just like Twilight and apparently the only one Twilight was speaking with.

"I read ahead, and to make a proper salt lick, you need to add the molasses first." said the young unicorn, in a bit more relaxed and casual tone compared to Twilight.

"Well, I read ahead too, Moon Dancer, and I'm sure it said sodium chloride first."

The young pony, Moon Dancer, squinted her eyes a bit only to realize she indeed made a mistake. "Oh. I've got the wrong book. That's so hilarious." she replied dryly, was was suppose to be their form of comedy. The two simultaneously continued reading their respected books, completely ignoring the other happy giggling fillies.

……..

Once Korra removed her hand from Twilight, the vision ended. Both girls were startled at the fact that they just shared a memory. Korra still couldn't believe it.

"Wow." Twilight finally said, "I used be pretty overconfident back then, wasn't I?"

"Yeah…like somebody else I know."

Twilight then turned to her other pony friends, "Whatever happened to Moon Dancer?"

The three ponies, surprisingly, lost all of their enthusiasm once the name was mentioned. "We just sort of lost touch after you left." said Minuette, rather sadly, which was new for all of them.

"I think she went to live out by the stadium, didn't she?" said Twinkleshine.

"Well, let's go see." said Lemon Hearts, leading the way and the others followed close behind.

"You and Moon Dancer seemed to be pretty close." said Korra as they walked.

Twilight lowered her ears in regret, "Yeah. But, I can't seem to remember much about when we hung out. I do remember sharing with her a few of my magic secrets but, other than that…nothing."

"Well, maybe when you see her again it'll jog your memory."

"I hope so."

"Hey, if she's anything like these guys, I'm sure you've got nothing to worry about."

(~)

Just as Twinkleshine said, Moon Dancer's house was by the stadium. However, it sure didn't seem like a welcoming looking cottage. It was completely in shambles, the yard was uncared for, the windows were broken, grass grew from the roof, even the three beside it was dead and dried up. The fence around it was made out of stone, but with several rocks missing and grass growing from uneven places. The ponies made their way towards the door, while the rest of Team Avatar rained outside for a few more moments, cringing at the sight of the house.

"I think this is the place." Minuette said, "Didn't used to look like this, though."

Flash gently tapped on the stone fence, only to have a piece of it crack and fall off. His eyes darted around before shoving the stone away, whistling to look innocent. The others amped up the courage to carry on, but my was this place a complete mess. "Looks like nopony's lived here for years." said Mako, scanning the area.

It really did seem like there was no living soul in this place, but Twilight was determined to make things right. She approached the door, which had a crescent moon on it, and gently knocked on the door. When no answer came, she knocked a bit hard, and a bit more before her hoof went right through the door. The three unicorns were surprised.

"Wow! That door's been holding up for years!" said Minuette, "Somepony's been visiting the gym, hu?"

Twilight blushed bashfully. All that time firebending, fighting Equalists, dark spirits, anarchists, sirens and nightmares creatures seem to have payed off in the long run. She looked into the hole she accidentally created. She gasped and backed up when she saw a familiar purple eye.

The door slowly opened and Twilight looked inside. The room was dark and messy, with books scattered all over the place. The princess spotted a silhouette from within.

"Moon Dancer?"

"What do you want? I'm trying to study." a very messy, and very very angry looking unicorn with big black glasses and brushy eyebrows wearing a dark purple turtle neck sweater and holding her bangs upwards with beads emerged.

Korra and Mako slightly flinched at the sight of her. She looked so much like an angry hermit, it was both frightening and sad. The unicorn took notice of their reaction and narrowed her eyes. The two teens awkwardly laughed, trying to cover up their slip up.

Korra waved at the pony, "Um, hi, you must be Moon Dancer. Nice to meet you."

Mako scratched the back of his neck, awkwardly, "Yeah. Wow, aren't you a…a pretty looking pony."

But Moon Dancer was not interested in whatever these folks wanted. She once again looked at the alicorn, pony and dragon. "Who are you people?" she asked bitterly.

"It's us! Your old friends!" Twilight smiled as Minuette, Twinkleshine, Lemon Hearts and Spike gathered together, happily greeting her, with a colorful background behind them. Flash poked his head into the shot.

"I'm new, name's Flash Sentry."

But Moon Dancer didn't seem to be the least bit interested in any of them. She groaned angrily before slamming the door shut.

"Maybe the background was too much." said Korra before snapping her fingers and making the image behind the ponies disappear.

Minuette nervously chuckled, "That's old Moon Dancer, all right. She always did like her books. Hey! Kinda like you used to be, huh?"

Twilight's eyes blinked in realization. "Exactly how I used to be." she couldn't believe it, it was like looking into a mirror. A mirror of what could have been. The princess didn't want to give up just yet so she called for the pony once more.

"Moon Dancer, can we talk? Please?"

The unicorn once again came out, looking even angrier than before. "I already told you, I'm studying!"

"Well, can't you take a little break?"

"I don't take breaks."

Spike, Flash, Mako and Korra all shared the same 'yikes' expressions. This pony was a complete study-holic.

Moon Dancer was just about to walk back inside her house until Twilight stopped her again. "Wait, please just give us a chance to explain--"

"Go away!"

Before they knew it, a powerful gust of wind suddenly blasted them several feet away from the broken house. Twilight shook her head only to see that Moon Dancer was the one who had created the winds by waving her hooves at them. She slammed the door, locking it up this time so nobody else would disturb her.

"She can airbend!" Korra exclaimed in shock.

Mako stood up and assisted Korra up. The two then dusted their clothing. "And here I thought airbenders were suppose to be peaceful." said the firebender, remembering the other two mean airbenders they had encountered, Zaheer and Starlight Glimmer.

Flash helped his girlfriend to stand up. "So, what are you going to do now, Twilight?"

"I'll tell you what I'm not going to do. And that's giving up."

(~)

Twilight stayed true to her word, she didn't give up on Moon Dancer. For the past three days, she did nothing but observe her old friend. Much like with Pai Cho, in order to defeat your opponent you first have to know your opponent. In this case, she needed to know more Moon Dancer to see just how she can get through to her.

Twilight, Minuette and Spike sat at a cafe table outside, hiding their faces with their menus, silently watching Moon Dancer walk towards the Canterlot Library. Like she was doing these past three days and nothing else. The unicorn didn't acknowledge anybody else, and vice versa. She didn't seem to care however. Everywhere she went, she carried a serious and stoic expression.

The two unicorns lowered their menus, revealing that Minuette was wearing green shatter sunglasses with a palm tree and parrot on the sirs, Twilight worse plain yellow sunglasses but Spike wasn't wearing anything. He sighed once he lowered his menu.

"Come on, Twilight! We've been watching her for three days! Library, house, library, house. That's it!"

The ponies heard more laughing when Flash Sentry, Mako and Korra came walking over accompanied by three more stallions. One of them was Minuette's cousin, Light Zap, a dark blue unicorn stallion with amber eyes and a flame for a cutie mark. The second two were Baritone, a gray earth pony with two music quavers for a cutie mark, and a red colored pegasus named Burnt Oak, with a bell cutie mark. They all studied at the academy where Flash once studied to be a royal guard.

"It sure was great to see ya again, Flash." said Light Zap with a genuine smile. "And here I thought you never liked anypony."

Flash shook his head, "Nah, I was just a bit bashful, that's all." he was surprised when Burnt Oak wrapped his hoof around his neck and messed up his mane.

"Well, you sure aint that way anymore!" he spoke in a Brooklyn-like accent. "Look at ya, a royal officer, dating a princess, saved the world more than once. You're a real hero, Flashy old boy!"

Flash blushed at the compliment, "Well, I wouldn't go that far."

"I'll tell you one thing hasn't changed: your modesty!" said Baritone in a British accent. He was always the classy one of the bunch. "And your new friends are quite the charming couple. It was an honor and a privilege to meet you, Princess Korra and Master Mako."

"Likewise, Baritone." said the princess.

"Guys? Where have you been?" Twilight asked, and Flash then introduced her.

"Guys, this my girlfriend, Twilight Sparkle."

Baritone bowed and kissed her hoof, "An honor, your highness."

"It was great catching up with you, Flash." said Lightning Zap, "See ya at the next academy reunion?"

"Wouldn't miss it!"

Baritone then whispered, "And, could you introduce me to that enchanting Rarity at one point or other, old chap?"

"I'll see if I can pull a few strings." Flash winked as a sign of promise.

The three stallions galloped in the opposite direction, with Light Zap waving at his cousin, "See you at the family dinner, Minuette!"

Minuette waved back, "See ya, Zappers!"

Flash had never felt so happy to reconcile with his old classmates, "Man, those guys are amazing! I can't believe it took me so long to talk to them."

"I'm glad you had fun, sweetie. But, we could have used your help."

"With what?" Korra asked, "We figured two ponies and a dragon could follow an antisocial unicorn. Did you really need us?"

"Okay, point taken."

"Did you manage to talk to her?" Mako asked.

"No. Nopony looks at her or says hello or even gives her a smile. It's like she doesn't even exist. Was she always like this?" she asked Minuette.

"Well, she always was a little shy. But for a while there, she was really starting to come out of her shell. Remember when she threw that party?"

Twilight embarrassingly shrugged while blushing. She had no memory of that whatsoever.

"Oh, right. I think you might've been busy that day."

Twilight tapped her chin with her hoof, trying to regain any repressed memories of when she last saw Moon Dancer when she was older. Noticing her struggle, Korra gently placed her hand on Twilight's head, then in a flash, they both recalled the memory from when before Twilight was sent to Ponyville.

……………..

She hadn't a moment to loose. She needed to get more information on these Elements of Harmony. They sounded so intriguing to her, but at the same time it felt like she was drawn to them somehow. She wanted to know more. She needed to know more. She needed to find out what they were. Something inside of her was just nagging at her to seek more. Find more. Know more.

She was stopped when one of her fellow unicorns stopped her in her tracks, each one carrying a present on their backs.

"There you are, Twilight!" Twinkleshine greeted, "Moon Dancer is having a little get-together in the west castle courtyard. You wanna come?"

But the last thing Twilight needed, or wanted, at the moment was waste time at a silly old party.

"Oh, sorry, girls... I've got a lot of studying to catch up on."

She galloped away from them, but back then, she didn't even hear the words they said back then.

"Doesn't that pony do anything except study?" Lemon Hearts said in disappointment.

"I think, she's more interested in books than friends."

But that was not the only memory that came to them.

…………………..

The polar-bear dog ran faster and faster, the snow hitting against her paws and Korra's hair swaying along with Naga's movements. As they ran across the icy tundra, the white beast jolted to a halt, surprising the rider. Korra's eyes shifted forward and spotted a group of teenage hunters, all startled by the sight of the polar-bear dog. Korra calmed the beast down, "Easy girl. Sorry about that."

The hunters were all male and around Korra's age. They all wore native water tribe parkas with white fur and blue coloring and spears in their hands. One of them tapped their apparent leader's shoulder, "Dude, that's the Avatar!"

"Whoa!"

The boys were very surprised to see the Avatar before them. Korra never really had a chance to mingle with teenagers, and so she was a bit surprised by their reaction. She would have expected this from anyone else outside of the south pole, but nearly everybody knew her. She visited the city village a few times with her parents and she was good terms with many of the town folk. One of the boys spoke in a slight whisper to their leader, who was still looking at Korra in awe.

"Ask her."

"What if she says no?"

"Just do it."

Korra slightly tilted her head at them, the gesture making her look all the more adorable as the leader took two steps forward and asked awkwardly, "Um, we were wondering if you'd like to go hunting with us. You know, if that's okay with you, being the Avatar and all."

Korra's face lit up, "Sure! Sounds like fun!"

"Avatar Korra!" Sadly, her happiness faded when she turned her head and saw two sentries approach her, "You should be back at the compound."

"But I was just--"

"You know you shouldn't wonder off too far. Our orders were to bring you back. Now come along."

"I was only--"

"Now!"

Korra growled in frustration before turning to the young hunters, looking dejected, "Sorry, guys. Maybe some other time." she yanked on Naga's reigns and turned away from the group.

"I told you guys we shouldn't have asked." said the leader.

"Guess The Avatar's just to busy for friends."

Hearing their words brought even more sadness to her heart.

…………………………

Korra removed her hand from Twilight, the alicorn was so shocked and devastated by the memory. How could she have been so horrible? The party must have meant so much to Moon Dancer, she must have truly considered Twilight to be a real friend to her if she was hurt this badly.

Meanwhile, Korra was still questioning what this meant. She knew why Twilight was devastated, but seeing just how similar, yet contrasting, their pasts really were was peculiar. Why was she realizing this now? What was really trying to get her attention?

"Thought she finally might be letting her guard down a little with that party." Minuette said, shaking the girls from their train of thought, "We invited her out a few times after that. But she was always too busy studying. So, eventually, we just stopped asking."

"I had no idea that party was so important to her." even though Twilight felt devastated, she was not willing to give up just yet. She removed her sunglasses and pounded her hoof onto the table, "I've gotta find a way to make it up to her!"

(~)

The princess entered the library and spotted Moon Dancer sitting alone, taking notes from various books. This was her chance, Twilight was going to get her to talk no matter what. First approach, act casual.

She walked calmly behind the unicorn, pretending not to notice her, until she gasped and feigned her surprise, "Oh, my gosh! Moon Dancer?! Is that—"

"Shh!"

Twilight was ordered to be quiet by the visitors and librarian. She quickly zipped away before she caused any more trouble. Well, that didn't work, time to be more direct. Or as she liked to call it, WWKD: What Would Korra Do.

(~)

She snuck up from behind the unicorn, who tried her best to ignore her to no avail. Twilight's horn was glowing when she opened her mouth to speak.

"Moon Dancer, can I talk to you for a min—"

"Shh!" but Moon Dancer then realized that the alicorn had created some kind of forcefield around them so nopony else could hear them. "What is this?"

"Eh, a bubble of silence. I haven't seen you in a while and I thought it might be nice to catch up."

"For what purpose?" she asked, burring her into her book.

"You know, 'cause we're friends. And I know I wasn't always the best one to you, so I thought that---" before she could finish, Moon Dancer used her own magic to break the bubble of silence, and the popping noise caused the other ponies to "Shhh!" Twilight once more.

That didn't work either. Time for tactic three.

(~)

Moon Dancer levitated a book from a shelf, only to see Twilight again. This pony was determined, she would give her that.

"I'm really sorry to bother you. I was just hoping we would go outside and talk for a bit."

Moon Dancer placed the book back onto the shelf, shielding Twilight's face from view. These approaches weren't working, not the casual, not the direct, not the polite/direct. She knew she still had to be direct, but going all angry flames and booming voice was out of the question. Moon Dancer had a right to be mad, if only she would give Twilight a chance to explain.

(~)

Moon Dancer used her magic to turn the pages of the book, only to see a strangely identical image of Twilight…which started to move and talk to her.

"I'm sorry I skipped your party." the image whispered, causing Moon Dancer to scream.

"AH!"

The other ponies, "shhh!" at her and Moon Dancer growled at the image in the book, whispering back at it. "Why won't you leave me alone? I'm trying to study! You've got the wrong pony! I don't have parties!"

"You did once." Twilight whispered back, "And I was so caught up in my own studying that I didn't take your feelings into account."

"Look, Twilight Twinkle—"

"Sparkle."

"Whatever! I've still got a lot of research to do, so if you don't mind?"

Twilight took a notice of the book she was reading and smiled, "Studying about your new powers, hu?"

Moon Dancer rolled her eyes, "What's it to you, anyways?"

"You know, I have some friends who might be able to help you better understand what you can do. My friend Korra's a master airbender. She's the Avatar, after all."

"Yeah, I know that. Everypony knows who she is, and I'm not interested! I just need to be alone so I can study without some crazy pony trying to make friends, all right?!"

At this point, maybe trying to get through to her wasn't going to work. Maybe it was best if she left. "Fine!" Twilight started walking away, until Moon Dancer stopped her.

"Wait. How did you get into my book like that?"

Twilight smiled in triumph. Her plan worked like a charm. Use your skills to impress, they're sure to jump right into the action. Not the usual way she's do things but, to each his own.

(~)

Finally, Twilight was able to get Moon Dancer to talk. The two old friends walked along the grassy fields of Canterlot and over the bridge while Twilight explained to Moon Dancer what she did earlier in the library.

"I've been studying a new studying technique. I can only do it for a few minutes, but you'd be amazed how much you can pick up when you're actually in a book!"

"It's one of Hayscartes' methods." said Moon Dancer.

"You know Hayscartes?"

"Of course! He's a genius!"

"I have a copy of his Treatise on Ponies, you know."

"No way!"

"Way! So, how long have you known you had airbending?"

"For months, actually. At first I didn't understand, but once I heard word about humans who could airbend, I became so fascinated I wanted to learn more. So, I've been studying ever since. I was so surprised when I found so many new books on bending and human world history."

"You're welcome." said Twilight a smile.

"What?"

"Korra and I arranged a book trade so both of our worlds libraries would have information on each other's worlds."

"That's amazing!" but then, Moon Dancer's mood dropped, "But the entire air nation was wiped out years a go."

"You don't know about the new Air Nation?"

"There's a new air nation?!"

"Yeah. After Harmonic Convergence, human airbenders began popping up everywhere around the world. I was with her through the whole thing. We went to Ba Sing Sea, Zaofu, The Misty Palms Oasis, the Southern Air Temple, even the spirit world from time to time. I'm surprised you never knew about that."

"We don't have that many airbender ponies around here in Canterlot."

"Probably because most of them now live on Air Temple Island. The temples all around the world have since been open for all future generations."

"Wow. I had no idea the human world was so incredible. All I've learned about it was from what I read in books."

"Books are great for information, but actually living the adventure, that's something no page can ever replicate."

Moon Dancer had never heard of anything more amazing. Maybe being stuck studying alone all the time didn't help her see more of the world. She had no idea she was so limited.

"You must have had some hardcore adventures!" said Moon Dancer, "Is that how you got that scar?"

Twilight briefly stopped, her eyes widening as she looked down at her burned leg, which was now as healthy as ever, with the mark practically painted over it.

"Was it some kind of firebending accident?"

Twilight sighed, forcing a smile. "Something like that. Come on, I want to show you something."

(~)

Twilight took Moon Dancer to her old home and showed her her old library. This place was like a candy store for Moon Dancer.

"What is this place?"

"This is where I used to live. This library use to be my one and only sanctuary. I never really shared it with anypony else." she said the last part with regret.

Moon Dancer spotted a familiar book on a shelf, "Wow! A first edition of Principles of Magic! Hey, didn't I give this to you?"

Twilight hardly remembered that. She felt terrible. "Maybe?"

Moon Dancer opened the pages with her magic, "I did! Look, I even wrote something! "To my friend, Twilight Sparkle. Thanks for introducing me to the classics." I can see by the fact that you left it here that it meant a lot to you." she said sarcastically before placing the book back onto the shelf.

Just when things were going so well it seemed like they could go right back to square one. But Twilight was not about to let that happen.

"Look, I didn't bring you over here for even more poignant reminders of what a bad friend I was. I brought you here to give you this." she levitated golden key with an hourglass shaped handle for Moon Dancer. "You can come here whenever you want and study to your heart's content."

"Really?"

The unicorn didn't know what else to say about this generous gift. Nopony had ever done this for her before. She graciously accepted the key, levitating it with her own magic while adjusting her glasses.

"But first, you've gotta do something for me."

"What?" Moon Dancer eyed her suspiciously.

"Have dinner with our old friends tonight. I made reservations at the best restaurant in Canterlot. What do you say?"

But Moon Dancer dropped the key and turned away, "I can't. I'm reorganizing my biology scrolls."

"I've been spending a lot of time with Minuette, Twinkleshine, and Lemon Hearts since I've been back. They really miss you."

"Look! I already told you! The last thing I need is a bunch of ridiculous friend-making keeping me from studying!"

This was bad, Moon Dancer still didn't want anything to do with friendship. She was sounding even more like how Twilight use to be by the minute. It seemed like the more she tried to get closer to her the farther away she got. She tried to stop the unicorn who was now walking down the stairs.

"Moon Dancer, wait! A wise pony once taught me that there's more to life than dusty old books!"

"I tried friendship and it's just not for me. Now, if you'll excuse me…"

Twilight had to come up with something, so far all she could gather now out of Moon Dancer was that she loved learning new things. And that was her ticket.

"What if I taught you Hayscartes' method?"

Just as she suspected, Moon Dancer stopped on her tracks. Maybe one dinner wouldn't be so bad.

(~)

Twilight, Moon Dancer, Twinkleshine, Minuette, Lemon Hearts and Spike all sat together in a single large table near a window, reserved
for royalty. Korra and Mako sat along with them as did Flash Sentry. So far, the conversation was a tad awkward. The three unicorns had not spoken to Moon Dancer in years, they weren't sure how to start a conversation with her, especially since she showed so much disinterest in just being there.

Minuette spoke first, "So, uh, what are you studying these days?"

"Science, magic, history, economics, pottery, human world history, engineering. Things like that."

"Yowza! You planning on being a professor or something?"

"I am planing on being a historian so I can explore the human world more closely."

"Really? That's cool!"

Twilight nudged on Korra's elbow, signaling her to say something. She had hoped Korra would be able to coax Moon Dancer to join the air nation.

"You know, the Air Nation is always open for new benders to join them. You'll get to travel the world, meet new friends, all while mastering your powers. Master Tenzin can teach you all that he knows. If you're interested, that is."

But so far, Moon Dancer still didn't seem interested. Deep down, she was, but she was against the idea of making friends, even human friends. Friends in general, really.

Seeing this, Mako tried to help too. "Republic City has great job opportunities for college students and we have one of the biggest libraries in the world."

"Can I go now?"

This really wasn't going anywhere. "Moon Dancer, please." Twilight insisted.

"It's all right, Twilight." Minuette assured her in a kind maner, "We're having a good time. Right, everypony?"

Twinkleshine simply shrugged, not knowing what to say, while Lemon Hearts chuckled nervously. Minuette then tried to start another topic of conversation.

"So, uh... Spike, tell Moon Dancer that story 'bout how Twilight had to read a book about doing a sleepover!"

Spike swallowed his food and inhaled to speak, but was stopped by Moon Dancer. "Slumber 101? I've read that."

Twilight chuckled nervously, "Oh! Really? Well, uh, did you know Lemon Hearts here works at the Canterlot palace?"

"Uh, yeah. It's true. I do the big events mostly. State dinners, that sort of thing."

An awkward silence loomed over them, and Flash tried to come up with something else. "Uh…hey, Moon Dancer. Did you ever hear about Pai Cho? I have a feeling you'd be a natural at it."

"I've read about it already." she said, "It dates back over ten thousand years. Each culture has its own rules and variations on it."

Flash blinked twice in surprise, "Wow! Somepony's been doing her homework, hu?" he chuckled nervously while scratching the back of his neck. This really wasn't going so well.

Finally, Moon Dancer could take no more. She groaned angrily and stood up from her chair, heading towards the exit. Twilight teleported herself outside, calling out to her.

"Moon Dancer!" when she didn't Twilight teleported herself in front of the unicorn, stopping her. "You've gotta give friendship a chance!"

Using her own magic, Moon Dancer levitated Twilight out of her way, "Dah! I gave friendship a chance a long time ago! It didn't work out then – it isn't gonna work out now!"

It was too late now. Twilight had failed in reconciling with Moon Dancer. The poor pony was more closed up now more than ever. She could feel her heart breaking into a million pieces. All of her friends ran outside to check up on her but the alicorn was in no mood to talk. She spread her wings open wide and flew off into the night, leaving her devastated friends behind.

"So, who's gonna pay for the meal?" Spike asked.

Mako sighed and slouched his shoulders, "I'll get my wallet."

(~)

Latter that night, Korra spotted Twilight out in the courtyard where Moon Dancer once had her party. She head Korra land beside her.

"Twilight, are you all right?"

"No. No, I'm not. I really messed this one up. That party was everything to her. I can only imagine what it must've felt like when I didn't show up."

Korra pondered on this for a moment when an idea came to her mind. "Twilight, do you remember back then Tarlok captured me and Spike?"

"Yeah."

"And you somehow managed to catch a glimpse of the visions I was having at the time."

Twilight's ears jerked up once she realized what her friend was getting at. "Just like how you've been able to see my memories this whole time!"

"Exactly. So, maybe if we can get a glimpse on Moon Dancer's memories it might help you realize what you really need to do to help her."

"But how am I suppose to do that?"

Korra stood at the very center of the courtyard, "At your old library, I found a spell in one of our old books that allows a person to see glimpses of the past."

Twilight gasped as she stood up, "I remember! The flashback spell. Only, I could never get to work."

"That's because it takes two unicorns to so it. And it needs to be cast on the specific spot where the memory took place. This is where Moon Dancer had her party."

"I get it! So, we just cast the spell and if I can really see what happened I can figure out what I need to do to help her! Korra, you're a genius!"

"I know." she got down on one knee and placed her hand over the grass. Twilight placed her front hoof on it as well and both their horn and forehead started to glow brightly as did the ground they were touching.

Before their very eyes a faint screen-like image appeared before them, depicting a moment in time in pure daylight. They saw Moon Dancer, preparing the snacks and punch bowls for the party. She looked so different in this memory. She still had her glasses but her eyebrows weren't as brushy as they were now. Her hair wasn't in that horrible ponytail but lose with Twilight's old bangs. Her turtle neck was absent as well. She looked so much happier and, for once, she wasn't stuck reading a book.

When Minuette, Twinkleshine and Lemon Hearts arrived she looked so happy.

Hey, Moon Dancer!" Minuette greeted happily, "Look at this spread, huh?"

"Thank you so much for coming!" even her voice sounded happier. This version of Moon Dancer truly was a beautiful sight, it was a shame that she was no longer around.

"Of course. We wouldn't miss one of our best friends' parties." said Twinkleshine as she and her sister placed the gifts onto the table.

"Is Twilight coming?" Moon Dancer sounded so hopeful, excited even. She must have really cared about Twilight and looked up to her if she was this hopeful for her to attend the party. This was her boldest effort to make more friends.

But, the other three didn't reply. They were all far too nervous and unsure on what to say. They couldn't bare to hurt her feelings. But it was too late. Twilight not showing up was already taking its toll on her heart.

"Oh. Okay."

"Hey, we'll still have fun, right?"

"Sure…" the now saddened unicorn stared to walk away from the scene.

Meanwhile, up above the tower where a certain unicorn once lived.

"What do you mean she wants me to leave?!" Twilight was shocked by her teacher's request, nearly frightening her little dragon friend.

"Well, she says she wants you to head to Ponyville to prepare for the Summer Sun Celebration. And so you can make some friends."

"Friends? What for?"

"I don't know. She just says she wants you to realize there's more to life than books."

"This is ridiculous!" Twilight levitated the paper and crumpled it up before throwing it out the window. "There's no way I'm leaving Canterlot! I can't leave now!"

"But, Princess Celestia requested it."

"Well, I'm sure there must be some kind of mistake. I'll just talk to her and have this whole thing settled."

What she didn't know then was that the paper actually landed somewhere…on Moon Dancer's head.

"Ow!" the unicorn noticed the piece of paper and read the words. She knew Twilight was a student to the princess, but what she found was truly shocking and heartbreaking.

"Make new friends?" she read out loud before tossing the paper away. "Guess one wasn't enough for her."

The image began to disappear, indicating that the spell had ended. Twilight took a step back, realizing now completely what had happened.

"Now I remember. Moon Dancer was the only friend I had ever made. But one day she just started hanging out with other ponies that I thought we didn't want the same things anymore. I didn't think she'd miss me so I didn't even care. I loved my studies more than I loved her. How could I have been so selfish?"

Korra sat beside her, hugging her friend who started to cry on her shoulder. "You didn't know better back then. But now you do."

"It's too late now. How can she ever forgive me?"

Korra wiped away the pony's tears, smiling in reassurance, "It's never too late to set things right. And it's never too late to forgive. When you were hurt did I give up on you?"

"No. You never did."

"So don't you give up on her."

As always, Korra was right. Twilight couldn't and shouldn't give up now. Then, she got an idea. "I know what I need to do. And I know just who can help me."

(~)

The following morning, Minuette knocked on the door of Twilight's old tower, where Flash opened the door.

"Minuette? What's up?"

"Hey, Flash! Just wanted to check up on Twilight. We didn't hear from her last night."

"Oh, she--" before he could answer, they both heard a familiar voice coming from up above.

"Wheeeeeeeee!"

Twilight was flying at top speed, carrying Pinkie Pie on her back, who was sitting backwards, while Spike hung onto her tail. The sounds were enough to get Korra and Mako outside as well, only to duck when Twilight came flying down, taking Minuette with her in the process. She was exactly use to flying with a pony passenger. The others cringed when the four of them landed hard on the ground. Korra teleported herself and the boys down bellow, where Pinkie Pie sprung up, happy as could be.

"That was awesome!" Pinkie's tail began spinning around like a propellor which lifted her up a bit, "We gotta go flying more often, Twilight!"

"There you are!" Minuette laughed, "I thought you threw in the old towel and headed home!"

"I did head home. But not to throw in the towel. I went to get my secret weapon." she began introducing her older friend to her newer friend, "Minuette, meet—"

"Hey! Pinkie Pie!"

"Hi, Minuette!" the two ponies happily embraced each other, catching Twilight off guard, "Twilight, you didn't say Minuette would be here!"

"You two know each other?"

"Oh, sure! She was one of Cadance's bridesmaids! We hang out all the time when she's in Ponyville! Didn't you know that? Ha! And you call yourself the Princess of Friendship!"

Mako whispered to Korra, "You know, I always thought I saw a pony that looked almost just like her back in town. Then again, there was also that one time I thought I saw two Lyras."

"I knew I wasn't going crazy!" Korra responded.

Pinkie turned back to Minuette, now dawning her serious face, "Twilight briefed me on the way here. We'll need fifteen bags of confetti and as many hooves as we can get."

Minuette happily galloped, "Let's go! We can pass by the donut place on the way!"

"And what are we gonna do?" Spike asked Twilight.

"Just come with me. This alicorn's in the zone!"

(~)

Moon Dancer was just leaving the library when she saw the most peculiar thing she could imagine. A book. Just laying there on the ground. Who in the right mind would leave a perfectly good book out here on the street, she wondered. As she leaned in closer, the tittle caught her attention.

"Ooh! A Brief History of the Wagon Harness!"

For a pony like here, books like these were like candy to a filly. She then found another book right beside it. "The Life and Times of Morari the Maneless?"

Even more fascinating, there was a whole trail of books laying on the ground, forming some kind of trail for her to follow. She immediately suspected it to be the work of Twilight Sparkle. Her instincts were telling here to leave…but, she couldn't abandon these books. These wonderfully tempting books. Maybe it wouldn't hurt to humor her one last time, at least she could get all of these books to read latter on.

One by one, she followed the trail, picking up each book with her magic and placing them on her back. She followed each book all the way to the castle courtyard, using her magic to balance the two large stacks of books on her back. She gasped and dropped all of her books once she saw what was before her.

It was like a blast from the past, only bigger and better. The courtyard was decorated like the party she had so long ago, only with more streamers, decorations and an assortment of treats. Her old friends, and Twilight's new ones were there as well. And Twilight herself, all wearing party hats.

"What is this?"

"It's a party. For you." Twilight said as she and the others gathered around Moon Dancer. Spike pushed over a wagon with a large cake on it, from which Pinkie Pie jumped out off, starling the unicorn.

"Surprise!"

The pink pony placed both a party hat and party whistle onto Moon Dancer, who was far from impressed.

"Come on in!" Twilight invited her to join in the fun, but Moon Dancer only spit the whistle out of her mouth and used her magic to crumple the paper party hat.

"Thanks but no thanks. I don't do parties." she tried to leave the scene but stopped once Twilight teleported herself in front of her.

"I know. And it's my fault. Back when we were in school together, you invited me to a party. I was so focused on my studies that I didn't show up."

"Big deal!" the unicorn rolled her eyes like she didn't care.

"It was a big deal. When you started spending time with the other ponies I felt left out. I didn't think we shared the same interests anymore. I was to proud back then to admit I how wrong I was. And now that I realize how important friendship is, I'd like to make up for my mistake with a new party. A party in honor of my friend Moon Dancer!" she levitated a wooden bat for Moon Dancer to hit the piñata with.

"Please, you've got to let me make this up to you."

Moon Dancer rolled her eyes once more before levitating the bat, aiming to hit the piñata, pretending it was Twilight.

"And you think this is gonna do it, huh?"

"Uh, I'm hoping?"

"Well, sure, why wouldn't it? That was only the first time I put myself out there, and then you didn't even bother to show up!" Things really started to heat up when the unicorn levitated the bat, waving it at Twilight in an accusing manner. "Then you left town without saying goodbye even though we were supposed to be friends!"

"I know, and I should have told you. I realize that now and--"

"Now?! It took you all this time to figure it out?! When I found out you went to Ponyville to make new friends I was humiliated! I felt like I wasn't important! I never wanted to let myself be hurt like that again! And then, you become "princess of friendship". You! A pony who avoided friendships like a plague! I was the one who tried to make friends, not you! I was the one who wanted to open up, not you! And now, you get all the glory, all the attention, and you never once cared about me again!" she then pointed her bat towards Minuette, Twinkleshine and Lemon Hearts. "Those three finally convinced me that I had value! That other ponies might like me and want to be my friend! And you! Didn't! Show! Up!"

Moon Dancer threw the bat aside and started to sob, covering her face with her hooves. She vented out everything she had been feeling inside, and it tore Twilight to pieces. Moon Dancer was always her friend…but Twilight was truly never her friend. It was completely one sided, she knew that perfectly now. She had no idea her terrible naive choices would have such a consequence. But, that was one of the things she learned in Republic City. All choices have a consequence. Even if they aren't seen at first.

Pinkie Pie whispered into Spike's ear and the little dragon quickly hurried off to do his job. Twilight placed her hoof over Moon Dancer's shoulder, while she continued to cry on the grass.

"You're right. This party can't make up for the way I hurt you and I can't change anything that happened. But please, don't let my mistake be the reason you can't be friends with anypony else."

Moon Dancer stood up just as Minuette, Twinkleshine and Lemon Hearts walked up to her. "We were your friends then," said Minuette, "and we'd be honored to be your friends now."

The sparkle and affection in their eyes was enough to make Moon Dancer realize that these ponies did still care about her. They didn't try to hurt her, but she allowed her fear of hurt keep her from making more friends. Moon Dancer sobbed and wiped away her tears. She felt Korra's hand over her shoulder and the human alicorn gestured to three new ponies who arrived to the party.

One was an elderly gray female unicorn with curly mane and a pair of glasses with a book-like cutie mark. The second was a pink young looking unicorn with rounded glasses, yellow mane pulled back by a pink headband and had a beehive for a cutie mark. The third unicorn looked nearly identical to Moon Dancer, only older and her mane and tail styled into buns with a teacup cutie mark.

"What? That's the librarian! The bookseller! My sister!"

"You've got a lot of friends, Moon Dancer." said the Avatar.

Moon Dancer cried more tears, but these were tears of joy. She turned her head towards Twilight, who was not yet done with her won apology.

"I'm sorry, Moon Dancer. I of all ponies should understand what it feels like to be hurt by someone you care about." she demonstrated her the burn scar on her leg. "I got this while trying to save my best friend, but I wound up getting hurt instead. For a while I felt like a failure, but little did I know she felt the same way I did. Just when I thought I couldn't go on, she was the one who helped me stand back up. I probably wouldn't even be here if it wasn't for her. Now, this scar is no longer a reminder of failure, but a reminder of the friend who never gave up on me and an encouragement to keep moving on. I've faced magical creatures, the end of Equestria, all sorts of things. But seeing how my actions affected you, that was one of the worst feelings I've ever had. And just as my friend did for me, I didn't give up on you."

All animosity Moon Dancer had for Twilight left her immediately. She now felt terrible for being so harsh with her before. She really did try to mend their once one sided friendship, and she had accomplished it, not for her own benefits, but out of the pure goodness of her heart. She cried even more tears of joy.

"Thank you, Twilight. I never realized how much I needed to hear that."

"I may not have been a real friend to you in the past, but I'm hoping you can give me the chance to be one now."

Moon Dancer nodded her knead and Twilight extended her hoof. Moon Dancer was hesitant for she never gave anypony a hug before. Twilight boldly wrapped her hooves around her new friend, who then returned the embrace.

Korra wiped away her tears. This moment brought so much joy to her heart. Even Mako could help but tear up. Seeing this, Flash handed them both pieces of tissue paper.

Once the hug ended, Moon Dancer was as happy as could be. "Now come on, everypony! Let's party! Right?"

"Right!" Pinkie Pie agreed.

"Not just yet." Korra used her magic to levitate a bag she had purchased before the party. "I have a gift for the guest of honor."

Moon Dancer gasped in awe when she saw what the Avatar had bought for her. A stunning new turtle neck sweater, but much slimmer with brighter colors of pink and lighter purple. She magical placed it onto Moon Dancer who simply loved it.

"Thank you! It's beautiful."

Then, spontaneously, the beads that constantly held up the top of her mane snapped and her now longer bangs fell over her face. "Not again! I loose more beads that way!"

Korra got an idea and pulled the pony's mane back, adorning it with a new headband with a single cute little cuff sticking out, giving her a much lovelier look almost similar to that of the book seller.

"Is that better?"

Moon Dancer looked at her reflection in the punch bowl. She never imagined she could look so beautiful.

"Much."

(~)

Moon Dancer's party went on all day and all through the night. The guests had fun, dancing, playing pink the tail on the Celestia, Moon Dancer received new books from the librarian and the book seller, Lemon Hearts and Mako performed some firebending while Korra and Twinkleshine used their waterbending, creating stunning ice sculptures of the guests. Even some of Flash's old pals attended.

As the hours passed, and more and more ponies left the party to go home, bidding Moon Dancer farewell before doing so, the friends started removing the decorations and Twilight approached her new friend.

"I think it's time for us to go, Moon Dancer."

"Thank you for helping me make some new friends. Even if they are my old friends."

"Have you thought about our offer?"

Moon Dancer bit her bottom lip nervously, "I don't know. Would the airbenders like somepony like me?"

"Of course they will!"

"Then…why not!"

Twilight and Korra hugged the pony tightly. "Can't wait for you to meet everyone back home." said Korra, "I have a feeling you and Jinora are going to get along great."

"And we'll come back and visit soon." said Twilight.

Moon Dancer smiled, "That would be great! You've still gotta teach me that Hayscartes technique!"

"Deal."

"And it was great to meet you too, Korra. And Mako, and Dash."

"Actually, it's Flash." the stallion corrected.

"Right."

Spike approached the unicorn with something behind his back. "Um, Moon Dancer? It got kinda banged up, but here's a little something I wanted to give you back at your first party."

Moon Dancer levitated the gift and cried even more tears when she saw what it was: A portrait of her and all of her friends, even the always bookish Twilight Sparkle. This may have been how she use to be but, much like her scar, it will be a reminder of how much she had come and just how much she did just to get Moon Dancer to smile again.

This was a night Moon Dancer would never forget.

(~)

A few days latter, and Moon Dancer bowed before Master Tenzin, who offered her her very own official air nation garbs. It took her a while to hold onto them since she was still getting use to her new hands. This was the first time she was in anthro form.

The now anthro Twinkleshine, Minuette and Lemon Hearts embraced her in a group hug, as did many of the other airbenders. Twilight herself also joined in the hug.

However, Mako noticed that Korra didn't look entirely happy. "Everything okay?" he asked with concern.

"Yeah. I just…I don't know. I feel like I'm forgetting something but I don't know what. Like I have some unfinished business."

Mako wrapped his strong arms around her. "I'm sure you'll figure it out. But for now, let's just be happy for Moon Dancer. She's got a long journey ahead of her."

Korra had to agree with him. Moon Dancer truly did look happy, and her life was only going to get better.

"Besides, we still didn't get to finish our date night." he said with a wink.

Now there was something they could both agree on.

(~)

She waited patiently for the sentry to leave. Once he did she made her way out the window, leaping nimbly out, tightening the grip of her parka as she made her way into the village. She was just a spirited five-year-old with a wild and free spirit, there was no changing that.

After escaping the compound, she found who she was looking for. A young boy around her age named Teo. He was a shy little kid and so far the only friend Korra had made. They met when their fathers where hunting and they took their children with them to have a fun day off.

The two sat on the rooftop of Teo's apartment, eating his mother's homemade cookies with the girl explaining her latest dream. "I'm telling you, it looked so real! I could almost feel the creature's giant wings around me."

The boy only laughed, "Korra, you and your fairytales."

"They're not fairytales! I know they're real. There's so much out there we don't know. Maybe other worlds to explore!"

"You're so lucky Korra. One day you'll get to see the whole world. Maybe you'll get to see Republic City one day." he sighed dreamingly as he looked out into the open ocean. "I wish I could go there."

The young girl pondered for a moment before snapping her fingers. "Tell you what, when I get to go to Republic City you're the first one I'm taking with me!"

"Really?"

"Really!"

"Do you promise?"

"I promise!"

………………………………..

Korra gasped once she jolted awake from her slumber. Naga woke up as well, wondering if her mistress was okay. Korra now realized why she felt the way she did before.

Maybe Twilight wasn't the only one with fences to mend.

(~)