• Published 6th Jun 2015
  • 3,330 Views, 47 Comments

The Little Pony Legend: A Kingdom of Friendship - MaggiesHeartLove



Join Team Avatar as they travel to new places spreading The Magic of Friendship wherever they go!

  • ...
20
 47
 3,330

What about Discord?

*(~)*

Matthew: 16:13-17~

"When Jesus came into the region of Caesarea Philippi, He asked His disciples, saying, “Who do men say that I, the Son of Man, am?”

So they said, “Some say John the Baptist, some Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?”

Simon Peter answered and said, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” Jesus answered and said to him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven."

*(~)*


What about Discord?

Spike gave out an exasperated sigh after removing the last book on the now empty shelves. "Didn't we just shelve all the books in the library a few months ago?" the little dragon asked upon seeing the enormous pile of books stocked into hills around the library.

"Yes, but that was because we needed to!" the princess of friendship, Twilight Sparkle said while levitating the last book from Spike's claws in order to place it neatly on the empty shelf along with a couple more.

"This is just because I want to! I call it my "book-sort-cation"! Three uninterrupted days of reorganizing books and all these new additions I got from the Four Nations book store!" just mentioning the words ruffled her feathers with excitement. Organizing books was one of Twilight's favorite hobbies. Aside from reading books, studying spells, practicing her firebending, flying around the city with Korra, having lunch with her boyfriend to talk about their day, and doing a few pushups in her private gym on a good day. Not to mention it was great therapy for her.

"Can you think of anything more relaxing?"

"Well, claw massages, back rubs, bubble baths…" Spike stopped himself halfway once he realized Twilight was more preoccupied with placing the books on the shelves. "You weren't really looking for an answer, were you?"

"I've even devised a better system for organizing them. It decreases the amount of time it takes to find a book you're looking for by nearly three quarters of a second!"

"Whoa. That much?" Spike replied flatly while rolling his eyes. Unlike Twilight, he never was that big of a fan when it came to books, but he tolerated it because it made her happy. A magenta aura surrounded Spike's body and Twilight hugged him tightly while gazing at all the piles of books still needing to be organized.

"Look at them all. Why, there must be at least twenty thousand books to organize!"

Owlowiscious observed from above and hooted. This most certainly was going to be a long weekend.

"Best long weekend ever!" Twilight jumped with glee until she saw Spike's less than thrilled expression. "I'm sure we can make some time for a claw massage and a back rub too." she said with a smile, which made one appear of Spike's face as well.

"Yes! Best long weekend ever!"

(~)

The three days came and went, and in all honesty, Twilight barely noticed. All that time organizing books was such an amazing stress reliever. By the time it was over she felt more rejuvenated than she had been in a while. Regardless of the time that has come and gone over the past several months, Twilight still needed to find ways to relax her nerves and feel at ease once more due to past experiences. And today she couldn't have felt better.

She exited through the palace's main entrance, but it wasn't her castle she was exiting out of, but rather Korra's. Their rooms were interconnected with one another so Twilight could easily move from her palace to Korra's in a flash via their shared inter dimensional bedroom. In anthro form, and holding her hair back in a low ponytail simply because, and her edgier bangs adorning the left side of her face like always, she inhaled and exhaled, taking in the fresh ocean air of Air Temple Island before stepping out.

Spike was close behind her, his poor little dragon eyes squinting due to the bright light that shined above him. He quickly shielded his vision from the brightness with his claws.

"Whoa! That strange yellow orb in the sky! What is that?"

Twilight simply rolled her eyes at his sarcasm, "Alright, alright, so it's been a little while since we've seen the sun." she said as she and Spike made their way across the bridge that connected Korra's palace to the island.

"A little while? We've been in that library for three straight days!"

"Yes, but they were three very productive days! Even if you did take that two-hour claw massage break." she said with an amused grin.

"Hey, you promise a claw massage, I'm getting a claw massage."

"Come on, it's not like we missed anything. What, did you think we'd get an unexpected visit from Sozin's comet?"

"No…but how about two?!"

Confused, Twilight looked up at the sky to where Spike was pointing towards. Her eyes widened, her jaw dropped and her wings spread out instinctively. Heading directly towards them was not one, but two comets, burning with fire flying at top speed towards the two. Twilight quickly grabbed hold of Spike and truck and rolled away from the impact. The princess shielded her little dragon companion, awaiting the explosion that would surely come from the two comets colliding into the ground. Surprisingly, that impact didn't come. Hesitantly, Twilight opened her eyes and slowly released Spike once she saw that the two comets had disappeared and standing before them were none other than Rainbow Dash…and Discord?

Well, that would have explained why one comet had a Rainbow tail and the other looked like the designs of a checker plaid shirt. The blue pegasus and chaos creature smiled at the princess and little dragon, in an almost creepy fashion.

"Hello, Twilight! Hi, Spike!" they greeted simultaneously while waving their hands in perfect sync.

Once she recovered from the shock, Twilight dusted herself and happily greeted her friends, not forgetting to question them about their little prank latter on.

"Hi, Rainbow Dash. Good to see you, Discord."

"Did you rehearse before you found us?" Spike asked, still feeling rather annoyed by their antics. A near death experience was no laughing matter, even if they weren't in any real danger.

"What makes you think we practiced?" both Rainbow Dash and Discord replied, once again in perfect sync before giving one another playful grins.

Twilight arched an eyebrow at this. Normally, Rainbow Dash would spend time with Discord while Fluttershy, or P'Li or Korra were around, to whom he often spent time with in a group during Tuesday teas and basketball games. But today was the first time she was seeing only Discord and Rainbow Dash together. And why were they acting so strangely.

"Come on, Rainbow Dash. What's going on here?" she asked, wanting to know what this whole thing was about. Were they preparing her for something or was this just their way of messing with her? If it was, then why was it funny?

Rainbow Dash couldn't contain her amusement any longer and bursted out laughing, hugging her stomach as she did. She flew upwards, wrapping one arm around Discord.

"Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha! Sorry. Me and Discord are just messin' around. Ha, ha! Like we do." she said with a wink, which only raised Twilight's curiosity even further. Even they didn't joke like this beforehand.

"Really? Since when?"

"Oh, Twilight. We simply had a momentous time together these past three days." Discord said, "You could say it was... "hiss-terical"! Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!"

The Draconequus shape-shifted the lower half of his body to resemble that of a snake, complete with slit pupils and a rattle at the end of his tail. The chaos spirit laughed out loud, making Rainbow Dash laugh out loud as well.

"Ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha,! Sneaky snake! Ha, ha, ha!"

"Oh, oh! Just snaking around!" Discord laughed along as she "shed" his snakeskin and reverted back to his old mismatched body form. Rainbow Dash couldn't stop laughing at the scene.

"Good one, Discord!" the anthro pegasus and Draconequus high five one another, surprising the princess even more.

"It is?" Twilight asked, not fully understanding what the joke was suppose to be about. What was so funny about a snake? Why was the pun so funny? Okay, it was humorous but why was Rainbow laughing like she would bust a gut like it was the funniest thing ever. She'd seen funny things before and understood why they were, but why couldn't she get the humor in this one?

"Kind of an inside joke from this weekend." Rainbow explained, "You wouldn't really get it unless you were there."

"Oh. Okay. So, have any of you guys seen Korra?" she asked, hoping to try and avoid the awkwardness by bringing up another topic.

"She's probably at that new karaoke cafe downtown main street. We spent a lot of time there this weekend."

"You could say we couldn't…"Let it go!" " Discord said with a wink, making Rainbow laugh even harder, and confusing Twilight all the more.

"Uh…okay?"

"We're heading there too but we just came over to pick up--"

"Rainbow! Discord!" a voice called out from the entrance to one of the Island's temples, revealing to be Opal who ran out to greet them. "Hey, guys!"

"Hey, O-pely-doo!" Discord greet her with her new nickname, which made the airbender laugh out loud just like Rainbow Dash.

"Oh, Discord! You're a riot!"

At this point, Twilight was even more confused than ever. Now Opal was in on some inside joke? What exactly happened that weekend to make Discord the funny guy of the week?

Opal slowly ceased her laughing once she spotted the princess, "Oh, hey Twilight. How was your weekend?"

"It was great. Though not as great as yours, apparently." she said so as politely as she could, though there was no denying the uncertainty in her voice that mainly Spike recognized.

"Oh my gosh, you wouldn't believe the crazy stuff Discord did! Especially at the cafe, ha, ha, ha, ha!"

"What can I say? I got the "move it, move it, move it, move it like jagger"!"

Once again, he managed to make Opal and Rainbow Dash laugh so hard that the pegasus was nearly on the ground, laughing at the joke. Twilight had no idea what was so funny about it.

Opal wiped away a tear from her eyes and placed a hand on Twilight's shoulder, "We'll explain it on the way to the cafe. Trust me, it's hilarious!"

(~)

But even with the description of the even, Twilight still didn't find the humor in anything her friends had mentioned while on the trip there. Discord was dressed as a flying attendant, while creating a floating pillow for Opal to travel on while Twilight and Rainbow traveled via their wings, and using a microphone he retold the events of the weekend they spent together.

"So, when I took the mic the guy asked, "What song do you want to sing?" But I didn't like any of the ones he suggested, so I improvised and sang 101 songs all from scratch!"

"I…guess that's funny." Twilight said, arching an eyebrow.

"It was the funny the way he sang them." Rainbow explained with a chuckle, "Oh man, they were so over the top, ha, ha, ha, ha! I thought I would bust a gut! Ha, ha, ha!"

"And the songs he picked were spot on!" Opal said in between her laughs, but none of this was helping Twilight to fully understand.

Okay, maybe his choices of song might have had some funny puns in them and while she could see the humor they contained, she just couldn't get herself to laugh. Simply explaining how the whole thing went didn't have the same impact as actually witnessing it.

But what was even stranger was that Opal and Rainbow managed to be on such great terms with Discord, almost as if they had been friends for years, when in reality it was only one weekend. Something felt off here, but she didn't know what it was. She especially didn't like this strange bubbling feeling in her stomach. She suspected it may have been hunger, it was almost lunch time after all.

"Oh, Discord, stop right here." Opal pointed downwards to a specific boutique shop down bellow, no doubt Rarity's Four Nations boutique. The group flew down to pick up their other friends to attend the cafe, but Twilight hesitated a bit.

"That was strange, right?" she asked the little dragon ridding on her back, "Since when have those three had inside jokes?"

"Since sometime in the last three days, I guess."

"Hey! Nopony made you join me on my book-sort-cation."

"I'm jokin', I'm jokin'!"

Twilight flew down towards the store and opened the door, hearing the ringing of the bell as she did and Spike jumped off of her back. Inside, Rarity was sorting out some cloths with Fluttershy helping her out. The unicorn gasped once she saw her friends enter the store.

"Oh, girls!"

"Hey, Rarity!" Opal greeted the unicorn with a hug followed by Fluttershy.

"And Twilight, you've returned from your book sorting sabbatical!" Rarity greeted the princess and examined her face, placing her hand underneath her chin, gently lifting her face up, "All that organizing has done wonders for your complexion!"

"Thanks! It was very relaxing."

Fluttershy unexpectedly started to giggle, "Orange you glad you did it?"

To Twilight's surprise, that joke was enough to get her other friends laughing out loud. Especially Rarity.

"Orange you glad"!" The unicorn giggled, "Oh, Fluttershy, you're a card!"

"Oh, please. You'll make me blush."

"You do seem to be turning a shade of…" Discord suddenly gasped in hour, "Orange!"

Fluttershy's entire body suddenly turned into an orange, minus her head which was really just colored orange, along with her mane. The entire group, minus Twilight and Spike laughed at the scene, even Fluttershy found it humerus. Rainbow Dash literally tumbled over, laughing so much she kicked her legs while hugging her stomach as he back rested on the floor.

Discord plucked the orange, pealing it and Fluttershy reverted back to normal, still laughing. All the while, Twilight was still supper confused by their reactions.

"Oh, sorry, darling. You see, we were on the island and, uh, ooh, how to explain…"

"Well, let me try and paint her a picture, dearest." Discord said while winking at the unicorn, which made little Spike pretty envious.

""Dearest"?" he said to himself, crossing his arms and pouting in annoyance.

The lighting suddenly dimmed and a spotlight shined over Discord, who was now sporting a brown afro, beard and mustache and wearing a light blue shirt with the sleeves rolled up and painting an image of Air Temple Island, all while speaking in a soothing tone. He was imitating Bob Ross.

"You see, we were all at Air Temple Island, and I ended up turning the apple trees into the most— Oh, who am I kidding?" he immediately removed his costume and shoved the art stuff away, reverting both himself and the scene back to the way they were before.

"I simply can't do it justice. You really had to be there."

"We would've invited you to come along too, but we didn't want to interrupt your organizing." Fluttershy said, sweetly. "We know how important it is to you."

Somehow, that didn't make Twilight feel any less out of the loop than she already did. "I appreciate that... Speaking of books, I was able to clear a shelf for those old-fashioned books you wanted to donate, Rarity."

"Oh, pfft, they're not old, darling. They're vintage, and they're over there!" with her horn glowing brightly, Rarity levitated a bag of books from one of the counters and held it before her friends to see, "I've even included my favorites by former Canterlot designer to the stars Rococo Froufrou!"

"Oh, I love her!" Spike said, his eyes gazing dreamingly at the unicorn.

"Him." Rarity corrected while handing him the bag, and arching an eyebrow which made Spike chuckle nervously.

"Eh, he. Both."

"You can organize those books latter." said Rainbow Dash, "Let's go catch up with the others."

"Flash Sentry missed you so much, darling."

Hearing Rarity say this reassured Twilight's confidence. At least she could count on her boyfriend to clear things up. Who knows, maybe he would better explain to her how the weekend went, or maybe she wouldn't feel like the one one out of the loop if Discord didn't get to him as well.

(~)

Once they arrived at the cafe Korra, Mako, Flash, Bolin, Asami, Pinkie Pie and Applejack were already awaiting inside. Flash was the first to stand up and greet his girlfriend.

"Twilight!"

"Hey, Flash!" the two happily embraced right before Flash handed her a single rose.

"I missed you."

"I missed you, too."

"And me." Bolin said, while peeking over Flash's shoulder. At least somebody made Twilight laugh today.

"Yes, I missed you too, Bolin." the alicorn princess giggled when the earthbender hugged her tightly, literally lifting her feet up from the ground. Once he lowered her down she received a group hug from Mako and Korra.

The Avatar studied her friend's complexion, happy to see she looked very relaxed and rejuvenated from her book-sort-cation."

"Look at you, you're practically glowing." Korra said, placing her hand on Twilight's cheek like.

"Thanks. That book-sort-cation was just the kind of therapy I needed."

"Well, I know what I need right now." said Rainbow Dash while rubbing her stomach, "Some hot noodles! All that laughing worked up an appetite."

Mako released a loud chuckle, "Discord telling the yokes again?" he asked with a humorous smile, which made even Korra and Flash giggle.

"They're even funnier the second time!"

Twilight didn't realize that her previous concerns had come true. Even Flash, Mako AND Korra were in on the jokes while she still wasn't. In all the times she had been with her friends, for the very first time, she was feeling like the odd girl out. Here friends were all finding Discord hilarious, not to mention how acquainted they had all seemed to have become in the expansion of only three days. How was that even possible? Then again, some friendships do develop a bit quicker than others, and Discord was no longer the power hungry sadistic villain he once was. He had changed, what happened with Tirek was proof of that. But that still didn't mean he wasn't capable of his old tricks now and again, even if they were toned down by this point. Still, why couldn't she figure out what was so funny about his jokes that her friends so clearly got.

"I know what I'm ordering." said Discord, right before magically making his head suddenly look like Applejack, aside from the eye color, tooth and white eyebrows, and spoke in a southern accent, imitating the country pony's voice. "Peanut butter hoof? Yuck, not even with jelly!"

Applejack immediately bursted out laughing, "That's what I said!"

The others laughed along while, once again, Twilight didn't understand what was happening. "Eh, I don't get it."

Pinkie Pie wrapped her arm around Twilight, still laughing. "It was hilarious! I wish we'd taken a picture for you!"

"Oh, well, this should do!" Discord magically zapped himself onto one of the tables and started tap dancing…while wearing peanut butter jars on his feet. This dance alone not only got the group of friends to laugh, but even one of the waitresses who passed on by.

"It's even funnier the second time around!" she said with a giggle before getting back to work.

"Even the waitress gets it?" Twilight asked herself in a whisper. "Must've been some weekend."

"Somepony sorry she missed it?" Spike asked while elbowing her leg.

"Of course not." Twilight replied, but even she herself wasn't fully convinced.

"Well, seems this has become quite the... sticky situation!" Discord said while removing one of the jars, revealing his dragon leg to be completely covered in sticky peanut butter.

"Sticky situation!" Pinkie said within her laughter, unable to contain herself.

"I guess that's funny?"

Korra ceased her laughing long enough for her to speak properly, "Sorry, Twily. The last time we were here Discord did quite the performance."

"Well, that's because--" Discord magically zapped a tuxedo outfit and top hat and cane and began dancing on the table, with a spotlight on him. "They aint "Never had a friend, never had a friend! They aint never had a friend, never had a friend. Never. Had a. Friend like. ME!!! Cha-cha!"

He finished the dance with jazz hands and suddenly sporting a disco themed outfit, complete with sparkly bell bottom pants and goofy large glasses. This only made the others laugh harder than before. Asami and Opal leaned against one another, trying to keep the other from falling over with laugher. The same was done with Pinkie Pie and Applejack, but Pinkie managed to actually fall and continuously laugh. They didn't mean to make Twilight feel left out, but as hard as they tried, they just couldn't keep themselves from laughing. The memory still tickled them pink.

Flash was able to stop laughing long enough to focus on his girlfriend, "Aw, sorry, Twilight. We haven't even asked how your weekend went."

"It was fine!" she replied, almost rather quickly. She let out a small shriek when Discord suddenly appeared from behind her.

"And yet you look so glum. Does somepony need a huggy-wuggy?" he hugged the anthro alicorn while caressing her mane with his chicken hand and making babying noises, which made Twilight simply narrow her eyes in a deadpan stare. She gently removed his hand and himself away from her.

"I am not glum. I'm glad!" she insisted, even though her expression said otherwise, but she tried her very best to mask it. "I'm glad you all had such a good time together. Having inside jokes can really create a lasting bond between friends."

"I'm just sorry that all this bonding happened while you were holed up in your castle." Discord said, his red eyes increasing in seize to showcase his sadness and disappointment.

"Heh. Oh, don't you worry about Twilight." said Applejack, "Bet you were in hog heaven organizin' all them books. Again."

Twilight's once relaxed and emotionally satisfied sensation was slowly fading away with each outburst of laughter that came from her friends. She had been organizing books all weekend while everybody else was having fun.

"Twilight, are you okay?" Korra asked sincerely, sensing her friend's distress.

"I'm fine. I don't think I'm that hungry after all." she said as she prepared to leave the cafe, only to be stopped by her boyfriend.

"Wait, where are you going?"

"I just need to get Rarity's books on the shelf, you know I never like to leave anything half done."

"You can do that latter." Asami said.

"Nah, it's okay."

"You sure you don't want to stay?" Bolin asked, "They just added cheese cake to the menu!"

"You guys go ahead, I'll catch up with you latter." with that, Twilight left the cafe, leaving her friends to wonder what was going on with her. Korra suspected something was off, there seemed to be something bothering Twilight even she herself didn't fully understand.

But while everyone else was concerned, Discord was grinning with interest.

(~)

Instead of going back to her castle like she said she would, Twilight sat on a bench in Republic City park, her head resting against her hands and her elbows rested on her knees, all the while Spike ate dumplings from a bag.

"I can't believe I missed out on all that bonding!" Twilight voiced out in disappointment. Everybody was getting along so well with Discord and they understood his jokes perfectly, why didn't she. Maybe she really did need to be there to understand, but it still didn't change the fact that they all had fun without her. Why was she feeling this way? She just didn't understand, she had never been in this kind of predicament before. Even if her friends had done things without her she could understand what they did that was fun, why was this so different?

Spike gulped before speaking, "I knew it! you are jealous!"

Upon hearing the word, Twilight's pony ears perked upwards in aware. Jealous? Her? When had she even been jealous? And what did she have to feel jealous about? Making friends is what she encouraged, heck what she represented as a Princess. Both her and Korra. She knew one couldn't hang out with all friends all the time, so why would she feel envious about this whole thing anyway? It made no sense in her mind.

"Spike, I'm the Princess of Friendship. I don't get jealous. I'm sorry I missed out because sharing that experience would've helped me with my Princess of Friendship duties!"

Spike tossed a dumpling into his mouth and chewed while staring at Twilight with a deadpan stare. "Come again?" he asked with his mouth full. That didn't sound like the Twilight he knew.

"If our friends could enjoy three full days with Discord that much, it must have something to do with the specific things they did together! If we could find out what those things were, it could be a real breakthrough in the science of friendship!"

All Spike could do was arch a suspicious eyebrow. What was Twilight blabbing on about? Since when was friendship a science? Something was definitely off here.

"Twilight, are you sure you just don't want to admit your jealous so you're making up these excuses just to ignore it?"

Twilight simply scoffed, "Don't be ridiculous, Spike! Why would I be jealous, anyway? Just because our friends all bonded with Discord so easily in only three days while I was in my castle organizing books and now they're all laughing together over inside jokes I don't understand and it makes me feel left out because I want to understand but I can't and I have no idea what to do about it?!"

Spike jumped and fell from the bench once Twilight's wings spread out and the tips caught magenta colored fire, the same way they did right before she confronted Starlight Glimmer the last time. The princess took in slow deep breaths, closing her wings as the fire disappeared.

"No, no. No. I'm sure I'm just frustrated. Once I figure this out everything will be back to normal." she insisted. This bubbling feeling in her stomach couldn't have been jealousy, after all she didn't resent Discord nor did she have a real problem with him making friends with her friends, that was what they thrived to do to begin with. So, maybe she was just upset she didn't fully understand what they were laughing about. Maybe if she did, it would solve everything. There was no way she was going to fail this friendship test, and maybe this would be a way for her to learn more about friendship to better improve on it. That had to be it.

"Spike, I have and idea!"

"Oh, boy."

(~)

Back in Equestria, Korra and Flash Sentry entered the palace library and spotted Twilight organizing sheets of paper and shoving them and a quill into her saddle bag.

"Twilight, can we talk?" Flash asked.

"Sure, go ahead." the alicorn said, while still continuing her organization.

The Avatar and the stallion looked at her with concern, "We wanted to talk to you about this afternoon." Korra explained, "We're sorry you felt left out about the whole Discord thing."

"Why would I feel bad about that?" the princess lied, to which Korra and Flash were both already perfectly aware of.

"Twilight, you know you can't hide anything from us, right?" she stated, placing her hands on her hips in a firm manner.

"Korra, relax. It got it all figured out."

"Oh, really?" the Avatar asked sarcastically, but the princess simply ignored it.

"Yeah. If I can figure out how these funny moments you all shared came to pass, I can use this data to help advance friendships everywhere."

Korra arched an eyebrow in suspicion. "Say what?"

The tone of her voice was enough to shake Twilight back to her senses. "Okay, you caught me! I just want to get in on the jokes, that's all! I hate being out of the loop, you guys had so much fun with Discord and I want to know why!"

"We just did." Flash said, "I wish I could explain the whole thing more specifically for you, but--"

"I know, I know, I had to be there, so I've heard."

"I didn't mean it like that."

"No, you're right. I wasn't there so I want to figure out what was so fun about last weekend. Just saying it isn't helping, so I'm going with a different approach."

"Twilight, babe, are you sure you're not just…well, jealous?"

"It's okay if you are." Korra insisted, "Believe me, I know jealousy isn't an easy thing to admit and--"

"Don't you guys worry, I got it covered. Trust me." the princess got her things and quickly flew out of the room before they could interrogate her any further. She didn't want to admit she could possibly feel jealous, because she believed there was no way she ever could. She didn't know what she would do if she realized she was having this feeling and for no good reason. Not her. Not the princess of friendship. No way and no how.

Flash and Korra exchanged the same worried looks. "You know she's in denial, right?"

The Avatar nodded her head, "Well, she's never been in this position before. Deep down she knows it's possible, but she doesn't want to acknowledge that."

"But she'd at least tell you. You guys tell each other everything."

"Yeah, but this isn't about me, it's about her. If she won't admit it to herself she won't admit it to me."

"So, what do we do?"

"For now, let's just make sure she doesn't do anything too crazy."

"So, it's not gonna end well, will it?"

"Judging by the current events…probably not."

(~)

Just as Korra predicted, Twilight Sparkle was going along with her idea to prove to herself she wasn't jealous, or to at least remove the sensation by trying to find a way to feel part of the loop once again. Korra and Flash didn't want to push her, but they did keep their eye on her to make certain she didn't do something too drastic. Twilight's emotions tended to get out of hand if not further explored.

The princess stood on the stairs of the entrance to the Air Temple with all of her friends gathered together, all the while Spike held a clipboard and quill, ready to write down some notes.

"Thank you for coming. I wouldn't have asked you here if it wasn't important."

"I love important!" Pinkie Pie said with glee.

"I figured since you all had so much fun this weekend I thought we could have even more fun, since I missed out on all the shenanigans you had with Discord."

Bolin raised his hand into the air, "I have a question: Why is Spike holding a clipboard?"

The little dragon quickly hid the board away behind his back while Korra simply groaned and face palmed herself.

"Okay, you caught me. I was also hoping I could use the data from your weekend to help advance friendships all over Equestria."

"Well, I like the sound of that!" said Applejack, with the other Mane Six, Bolin, Opal and Asami all in general agreement, while Mako was bait skeptical on this but not completely denouncing it. However, Korra and Flash knew exactly the motive behind this,

"Perfect. Let's start with the snake."

Rainbow Dash and Discord sucked in their lips, trying not to burst out laughing but to no avail. The two just bursted out laughing, Discord doing so more historically than the anthro pony.

"I don't know if I can get it out! It's too funny!"

"Oh, but we must! It's for the greater good!" said Discord before narrating the events, "It started when we were helping P'Li and Pema with the garden, and then Rainbow Dash saw a snake!"

"I think it was a garden hose." Opal said with a giggle.

"It was a hose snake. Super deadly." Rainbow said.

Bolin rubbed his chin, recalling the event, "I recall it being a large stick that looked like a hose that, in turn, did in fact resemble a snake."

"Point is, we galloped away." Pinkie said.

"And it chased after us!" Rainbow said.

None of this was making any sense to Twilight. "The hose? A snake? A stick?"

"A snake!" Rainbow said.

"A hose!" said Opal.

"A stick!" said Bolin.

"We literally trotted for our lives. Isn't that hilarious?" Discord said between laughs, which once again, confused Twilight.

"I guess you had to be there." said Fluttershy, repeating the same phrase over and over again. However, this time instead of annoying Twilight, it gave her an idea.

"I do need to be there."

"But you weren't." Rarity stated, "And it's already happened." her eyes widened when the suggestion came to mind, "Ooh, are you suggesting…"

"Time travel?!" Pinkie smiled with glee while wearing an orange jacket, glasses and a watch around her wrist while Back to the Future theme played in the background.

Asami looked around, hearing the music. "Did anybody else hear that?"

"Absolutely not!" Twilight stated firmly, "Time travel is not something to be messed with. We simply need to recreate everything that led to these jokes."

"Recreate everything?" Mako asked, arching an eyebrow in curiosity, "Seriously?"

"Oh, what a brilliant idea!" Discord intervened, placing his chin on Mako's head. "Shall we begin with the lunch date that kicked off the glorious weekend you missed out on?"

Twilight smiled upon hearing Discord's approval of the experiment. However, a few of their friends were still concerned about this. Especially Korra. She just hoped her patience would pay off in the long run.

Unless Twilight was ready to admit to herself how she was feeling, there was no way Korra would be able to help her. Twilight had to take the first step.

(~)

Back at the cafe from before, Twilight examined the table they had eaten lunch at the start of their weekend. The Cafe itself had tables both outside as well as inside, their first lunch being outside before they had their karaoke event inside that same evening. But Twilight needed to start at the very beginning, and this was it. She traced her fingers over the table, examining it.

"Are you sure it was this table?"

"Uh, does it really matter?" Flash asked, still concerned about Twilight's idea for this.

"When it comes to science, everything matters. One change to the equation could ruin the experiment."

Discord pondered for a moment before zapping to another table, "Ohhhhhh… it was this table here."

The others sat around the table together, Discord kindly pulling the chair, allowing Fluttershy to sit before taking his seat. Twilight took her seat last, "Alright, so you sat down at the table, and then what happened?"

Rarity magically levitated the menu before taking it into her hands, "Oh, well, first I expressed my displeasure with the design of the menu. It—"

"I'm sorry to interrupt, but I just noticed something." said Discord.

"Yes?" Twilight asked.

"The tablecloth. It isn't the same color as the one the restaurant used on the day in question."

Twilight looked down at the cloth, which was colored white. "…Really?"

"He's right!" Rarity said, remembering the event, "The tablecloth was red! I remember because it clashed with the font on the menus."

"I don't suppose that means we're gonna need to get a new tablecloth, does it?" Korra asked with a slight groan.

"Oh, most definitely." but for Discord, that wouldn't be a problem. With one tap of his finger, the cloth magically changed from white to red in just a matter of seconds.

"Well, that was easy." Opal said, still amazed by the magical trick.

"One change to the equation could ruin the experiment. Twilight said so herself." Discord zapped himself a lab coat and googles, "Anything stand out as being different? Anything at all?"

Fluttershy raised her hand to speak, "Um, I've noticed a couple of things."

"Me too!" said Pinkie Pie.

"Excellent!" Discord magically zapped a notebook and quill for Twilight to use. The princess smiled. At least this way she could make progress.

(~)

The test carried on, with Rainbow Dash and Flash Sentry working together to move a specific cloud that was over them on the day they had their lunch.

"A little to the left! No, my left!" Discord instructed the two using orange sticks while wearing goggles and an orange vest. "A little bit more... Oh, no, no, no, no, no, a little more right!"

"The cloud over our table looked like an ice cream sundae!" said Pinkie Pie.

Reaching out, Discord stretched out the cloud, transforming it into the ice cream form that it was that very day.

"Perfect!" Pinkie Pie's tongue stuck out to the side of her face, her big blue eyes shimmering.

While this was happening, Twilight continuously took notes of the events, all the while Korra watched with dismay. She so wanted to say something but what else could she say? If Twilight wasn't willing to admit the truth how would she be able to help her. If there was one thing she knew about Twilight, it was that the pony can be stubborn at times as well, depending on the situation. And in this case, she really didn't want to admit the truth to herself.

Next, Discord inspected the temperature of the soup with a thermometer. "No-no-no-no-no, this is barely room temperature! Garçon! Garçon, over here!"

A second Discord exited the cafe, dressed as a waiter and Twilight carried on taking notes. This carried on, with her friends reenacting each and every moment from their weekend, up to the moment when Discord started tap dancing on jaws of peanut butter. But even with all of this new information, Twilight still couldn't find the humor in any of this. She was completely deadpan and unaffected by the gimmicks and still couldn't figure out why.

"No? Nothing?" Discord asked, realizing she showed no reaction.

"Are you sure there's not something you've missed? Some other detail about your lunch together that you're forgetting?"

"Well, I don't know about the rest of you, but I feel we've been pretty exhaustive in our attempts to recreate every single detail of our previous encounter." the rest of the group had to agree with Discord on this. They sincerely tried to cooperate, but it seemed their attempts were in vain.

"Yeah, Twilight. If you don't get it by now, I don't think you're ever gonna get it." said Bolin, scratching the back of his neck.

"But it is really important that I figure this out. It's for the good of all Equestria!"

Discord magically zapped a ticker tape machine, as well as wearing professor-styled clothing and read the extremely long paper that came out of the machine. "Well, perhaps we should have another look at the data we've collected." after reading the 'data' Discord gasped in realization, "Of course! There is one last variable that we haven't accounted for."

"What?"

"You!"

"Me?" Twilight looked at him in confusion. Why was she the problem here? All she did was try to understand their fun weekend, why was he placing the blame on her?

"You weren't there observing us. No matter how hard we try, we can't possibly recreate our weekend of fun exactly as it happened because you'll always be watching, and you weren't there."

Discord was right, with Twilight not being there how could she fully understand what they did? The alicorn princess lowered her ears in sadness. All this effort was for nothing.

Flash placed his arm around her in comfort, "It's okay, Twilight."

"He's right." said Discord, "If there is anything this experiment has proven it's that moments of levity and bonding between friends simply cannot be recreated so that others might share in the experience.

"He makes a good point." said Pinkie Pie, which didn't really help Twilight's dilemma at the moment.

Korra removed a stray piece of hair from Twilight's face in a loving manner while Rarity tried to comfort her. "Oh, don't worry, darling. I'm sure there'll be plenty of other chances for you to share in the kind of frivolity we had with Discord while you were away."

"Yeah, and I'll bet they'll be just as hissssss-terical!" Rainbow moved her arms like a snake while saying the joke before laughing to herself.

Korra patted her friend on the back in hopes she was now ready to talk about her feelings. But, sadly, Twilight was not giving up so easily. As her eyes gazed upon the draconequus's red and yellow eyes, something ignited within her.

(~)

"I'm not buying it. Not for a second." Twilight paced back and forth at the park, while Korra, Spike and Flash sat underneath a tree. "There is definitely something else going on here!"

"Or maybe, you should just drop this whole thing and admit that you're a little jealous!" Korra stated, about ready to lay down the hammer here.

"Even if I'm not able to laugh at what happened, I should be able to figure out why you find it funny. Why you guys think you had this amazing and hilarious time together. But I can't figure it out! It doesn't make sense!"

"Some things just can't be explained." Flash said, "There's nothing wrong with that."

"I need some time to think about this on my own." the princess was just about ready to take off but stopped in mid-flight when Korra grabbed her ankle.

"No way! I've been patient with you all day, but this is where I draw the line!" using all of her strength, she yanked Twilight down and the princess landed on the ground.

"Hey!"

"I understand this isn't an easy topic for you, but you don't have to feel bad about feeling jealous."

"I can't get jealous!" Twilight stated angrily once she stood up, facing the Avatar with narrowed eyes.

"Yes you can, it happens to the best of us."

"No! Not to me!"

"That's because you've never felt it before, at least not like this. I know how hard it is to deal with a new emotion you don't understand, and you think it's best to just ignore it, but won't help." the memory of her first fearful encounter with Amon from way back was still fresh in her mind. "Twilight, talk to us. We're here for you, and we won't think of you any differently. We promise."

Twilight knew she was speaking the truth, but she found it so hard to open up abut this. The very idea that she was jealous made her feel like a failure as a princess, not to mention a big jerk. Korra reached out for her friend, but the princess just flew off, not wanting to talk about it anymore. This was even harder for her than she thought. Her very tittle and self-image was on the line, and the more she dove into it the more ashamed she felt. She didn't want to deal with this.

Korra sighed sadly as she watched Twilight fly off. "So, what do we do now?" Flash asked. "She's not gonna talk to us so easily now."

"I know." it was then, Korra had an idea, "But somepony else might."

(~)

"Zecora, what do you think?"

The Avatar princess and the stallion, now in pony form, traveled to the Everfree Forest to speak with the zebra shaman in hopes they could find a way to help their friend.

The zebra herself was poring ingredients into a cauldron, which glowed a bubbly green color, giving it a spooky vibe.

"Princess Twilight is sure in a block. A friendship with Discord is truly a shock."

"We tried talking but it's not enough for her right now." Korra explained, "This is actually deeper than anyone thinks, believe me I know exactly what she's going through."

"Did we do something wrong?" Flash asked with hurt in his eyes.

"No, young Sentry. You were both right to be wary. But this tangled web she has weaved, sadly, even has her deceived."

"So, do you have any suggestions?"

The zebra simply smiled and picked up a bottle from a shelf with her mouth. Korra took the bottle in her hand. "Alright. This potion will break the spell, then she will be able to tell."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, I'm not using magic like this on Twilight!" Korra protested.

"It is not the kind of magic, but a placebo. With any luck, this will sooth her ego."

"Wait. If that's the potion, then what's brewing in your cauldron?" Spike asked, looking at the bubbly substance.

"It ties the room together and emits a warm glow. But if I am to be honest, it's just for show."

(~)

That night, Twilight laid on her bed, feeling so depressed about what happened when Spike entered the room. He held a glass of the so called "potion" and generously gave it to her.

"Hey, Twilight. You okay?"

"No, Spike." she said with a sigh, "I don't know what's wrong with me. I can't believe I lashed out at Korra like that."

"Oh, come on. She won't stay mad at you. Hey, why don't you just sleep on it and you'll figure this all out tomorrow?"

"You're probably right."

"Brought you some juice."

"Thanks." Twilight magically levitated the potion and drank it with ease. The alicorn then noticed that Spike was also holding a bottle behind his back. "Spike, what do you have there?"

"Oh, this? Just some juice Zacora leanded me earlier today."

Twilight levitated the bottle was was horrified by what the label on the side said. "Spike! This isn't juice, it's a truth potion!"

"Oh no!" he exclaimed, pretending to be scared, "I must have grabbed the wrong bottle by mistake."

It was then, Twilight had a sudden idea. "Wait a minute. This can make others tell the truth…this could be my ticket to figuring this whole thing out!"

All Spike could so was smile to himself. The plan was working better than he thought.

(~)

The next day, Team Avatar Harmony, minus Korra, gathered together around the map table when Twilight asked them to come early that day. Applejack yawned, "I wonder why she asked us here so bright and early."

"Another map adventure, perhaps?" Rarity asked.

Bolin studied the ponies and even lifted up Pinkie Pie to inspect her cutie mark. "Nope. No glowing cutie marks here."

"I hope she's doing better than yesterday." said Opal, "She looked so upset that field test didn't go so well."

The doors of the royal palace opened up and Twilight entered the room, a wide smile dawned on her face as she entered. She most certainly seemed to be in a better mood. Spike gave Flash a thumbs up, to which he responded with a wink.

"Hey, gang!" Twilight greeted happily.

"Well, somepony looks excited." said Flash with a smile.

"I am excited! We're gonna have fun today!"

Upon hearing this, both Pinkie Pie and Bolin high fived, "Yes!"

"Just one tiny, minuscule, microscopic thing before fun times. I need everybody to sip this truth potion to break Discord's spell on you!"

The room fell into silence upon hearing the princess's request while she levitated the bottle of the supposed "truth potion" Spike had given her the previous night.

"A what now?" Mako asked, arching an eyebrow at the princess like she had just lost her marbles.

"Not to say for sure, but a thought occurred to me last night that what if Discord cast a spell on you so you thought you had a great time, and now you have all these inside jokes that you seem to be constantly laughing at? Don't worry! You didn't have your defenses up. I get it."

The entire group looked at her like she was just downright crazy in the head as she levitated the cups with goofy straws and handed them to each of her friends, poring the potion into them.

Rainbow arched an eyebrow as the cup was levitated towards her. "You're kidding."

"You sure you didn't hit your head when you woke up this morning?" Asami asked, feeling just as annoyed as the rest.

"Twilight, darling, we simply had a nice time with Discord." Rarity explained as the cup levitated towards her but she poured the liquid out so she wouldn't' have to drink it. "As I recall, we spent much of yesterday afternoon reenacting it for you."

"Uh-huh. Or you reenacted what you thought was fun but really wasn't because you were under a spell that made you think what happened was fun!"

A cup was levitated towards Mako and he just crossed his arms in disappointment, "Okay, what kind of cactus juice have you been drinking, Twilight?"

"Be honest. The only reason you won't drink the potion is because, deep down in your hearts, you know there's a chance that Discord has you under his power!"

Fluttershy slammed her hooves onto the table, visibly furious. "Twilight, how could you say such a thing?! I know Discord still makes mistakes sometimes, but you're accusing him of being downright evil!"

Rainbow Dash did the same thing Fluttershy did, and tumbled her cup over, spilling the juice, "Yeah! And if we were under a spell, that would mean Korra was under one too, don't you think you'd be the first to know that?"

"And to top it off, you're accusing us of not being able to tell he was up to something!" Asami said angrily.

"Well, in her defense, we don't exactly have the best record for--" Bolin stopped talking once he noticed his girlfriend's death glare and sat back down. "But still, what do you take us for?"

"Yeah!"--glug--"What do you"--glug--"take us for?!"

The room fell into silence once Pinkie Pie just gulped down a cup-full of the potion. For a moment, Twilight smiled in satisfaction as the pink pony only smiled.

"Dee-licious! Got any more, Twilight?"

The doors opened once more and Discord entered wearing a fishing outfit, complete with a fishing pole. "Hi, Twilight! The gang mentioned we'd all be hanging out together today!"

"The gang"?" Twilight asked with an arched eyebrow, while Pinkie Pie drank the bottle full of potion.

"Yeah! The peanut-butter-hoof gang!" he started tap dancing on his the jars of peanut butter once more, which only made the group laugh once more. Especially Pinkie Pie, who drank the whole bottle.

"It's still funny!"

Twilight was literally jaw dropped. The potion had no effect on Pinkie Pie whatsoever, or at the very least it did and this just proved Discord didn't place them under a spell.

"So much for that whole "spell" theory." Applejack said in a hushed tone to Twilight before continuously laughing along with the others and Discord.

Twilight hoof palmed herself in the face, groaning in anger. "Ugh. But it's still not funny!"

"It's funny if you were there." said Rainbow Dash.

"But I wasn't there!"

The laughing died down after Twilight's outburst. All eyes fell on her as the princess began stomping her hooves angrily and releasing all of the pent up rage, emotions and repressed feelings she had been trying so hard to deny, all the while wiping away the tears from her eyes.

"I wasn't included! Maybe it's my own fault for staying in and having a book-sort-cation when I could have been making jokes and memories and having a great time with my friends! But I didn't do that, did I?! You all did! You were all there but—!" The princess paused for a moment before taking in a deep breath in sadness. "I wasn't there. I missed out. And seeing you having all these jokes I wasn't a part of and couldn't understand made me…"

"Jealous?" Spike asked.

Twilight would have objected, but she was still under the influence of the truth potion, she couldn't lie even if she wanted to. The potion may not have revealed Discord placing a spell on her friends but that didn't mean it didn't work, because it did. I revealed to her the truth that she was wrong, and now she had to come clean.

"Yes…I was. But I wasn't jealous because Discord became your friend, I was jealous because you became friends with him…without me."

Discord's eyes widened and he shook his head rapidly, "Wait, what?!"

"I didn't want to admit it because, as The Princess of Friendship I thought I couldn't be jealous. Turns out I was just using that as an excuse to hide how I really felt. I felt guilty and kind of a failure or feeling this way. I finally found my purpose and now it seems I failed at it."

"You didn't." a voice called out. The group dispersed and Korra entered the room, approaching the princess pony. "You didn't fail anybody."

"And you knew all along, didn't you."

"It took a bit more digging, but yeah."

"I'm sorry. You knew what was really going on but I didn't want to believe it because of how horrible it made me feel."

Korra squatted down to Twilight's level and stroked her mane. "Remember when I was just the Avatar and I would often place my tittle on such a high pedestal that any mistake I made I felt like I was a failure? You always told me not to be so hard on myself." she placed both her hands and held Twilight's face. "Well, now I'm telling you: Stop being so hard on yourself. Being a princess doesn't make you perfect, and having a calling doesn't mean you won't make mistakes."

Flash approached his girlfriend, smiling compassionately. "None of us will think any less of you for feeling that way. We all know you, Twilight."

"We're sorry if we made you feel left out." said Fluttershy.

Twilight hung her head, "You didn't do anything wrong. You're allowed to share things that don't include me."

"And you're allowed to feel a little jealous about it." Asami said, speaking from her own experiences as well, "You just have to be able to admit that that's what you're feeling so you can let it go."

"And, you know, not try to make us recreate everything that happened when you weren't around." Bolin said.

"Fell better now that you let it all out?" Korra asked, and the pony nodded.

"Yeah. But really you should thank the potion for that."

"Yeah…about that." Korra fiddled with her fingers in a rather nervous gesture, one Twilight immediately recognized.

"Wait, that potion wasn't real?!"

"Nope. It was just juice."

"But--but--but--but--but--but--"

"Well, you wouldn't tell us by yourself so we had to take drastic measures."

"So you used a placebo on me?!"

"Pretty much."

The alicorn could not believe she was tricked to confess her true feelings, but then again it wasn't like the others gave her much of an option. As tricky as this was, it did do the trick, and it was with the best of intentions. Plus, nobody got hurt and the juice was rather tasty, and releasing all of that anger and emotion was a real weight off of her shoulders. She then smiled at Flash and Spike.

"And you boys were in on it, weren't you?"

"Surprise!" the two exclaimed, making her giggle. The princess gasped when Discord suddenly zapped from behind her.

"Um, just to clarify, what was that you said about being upset that you weren't being friends with me?"

"If you must know, I felt bad that after all this time I still didn't develop a friendship with you, while they all managed to do it in three days."

Discord still couldn't believe what she was saying. "You mean you…want to be friends?"

"I thought we already were."

"Well, yes, but we never did anything together!"

"That's why I felt so jealous!"

For a moment, the dragonequus…began to tear up. His eyes shimmered and started bursting into tears before wrapping the princess in a tight hug.

"I'm so sorry! I nerve should have taken advantage of your jealousy like that!"

"Wait, what?!"

Discord released the princess and wiped away his tears with a hankie. "I may have noticed your green eyed little monster from before and, maybe, slightly, a little bit had some fun with it."

"Wait a minute. You didn't agree to reenact everything from last weekend because you wanted to make her feel left out, did you?" Applejack glared at the creature sternly.

"Of course not. That whole jealousy thing was just a happy accident. But I think we're all missing the big picture. Certainly we can all agree that Princess Twilight learned a valuable lesson here – that even she can have feelings of jealousy, that she should recognize said feelings rather than trying to pretend that she doesn't have them. I can actually relate."

Twilight hung her head, accepting the way she was feeling, but also realizing she didn't need to allow it to control her. Once she confessed she felt she would be able to handle these feelings much better for next time.

"Mm-hmm. Did I get the tiniest bit of glee out of watching her try to recreate our weekend of fun in the name of science? Maybe a little bit. But what's important here is that it was never my intent to make Twilight feel jealous. That's something that the old me would have tried to do. Orange you glad I've changed?"

With the snap of his fingers he made an orange appear, in an attempt to make the others laugh once again. However, this time nobody did. Not even a chuckle or a grin, or even the hint of a grin.

"I said, Orange you glad I've changed?"

The ceiling started raining oranges in an attempt to make the joke funnier, but so far it didn't have the same effect it had before.

"Orange! Like the ones at the the island! I-I mean, from this weekend!…No? Nothing? Really? I thought you'd find this hisss-terical!"

He once again turned into a snake, shaking the rattle at Rarity, who gently shoved the rattle away. "..Yes, no. Discord, I think these jokes have run their course."

"Only way we'd find them funny now is if you put us all under some kind of spell!" Korra said humorously.

Twilight giggled, "Come on, you'd have to be a complete crazy pony to think he'd do something like that!"

Flash laughed out loud, "Yeah, what are you gonna say next, Korra? That we all have to drink some weird potion to break the spell?"

Now this was enough to get the room chuckling and laughing, but Discord didn't quite understand what was going on or what the joke was.

"W-W-What's so funny?"

"Come on, Discord, do we really have to spell it out for you?" Rainbow Dash laughed at the joke she just made, only to have the laughing to continue. For the first time, Discord felt out of the loop for not getting the joke.

"I-I-I don't get it. Somebody want to tell me what's so hilarious? Anybody? Hello?! I'm talking to you! You! And-and you and you! W-W-What's funny about spells? I mean, really, I don't get it, I feel left out and I feel really bad about that…"

The poor chaos creature began to shrink down to size, reflecting his mood. Spike leaned against the table, smiling cockily at him. "Sorry, buddy. Guess you had to be there."

"Eh, I guess I deserve it." he said, realizing that maybe playing around with Twilight's feelings wasn't such a smart move after all. His disappointment faded when a tiny little orange suddenly appeared in his hand, curtesy of Twilight Sparkle.

"No hard feelings?"

To answer her question, Discord reverted back to his normal size and wrapped everyone all together for a group hug, laughing alongside them. Even if he didn't entirely get the joke.

*(~)*

Matthew: 16:13-17~

"When Jesus came into the region of Caesarea Philippi, He asked His disciples, saying, “Who do men say that I, the Son of Man, am?”

So they said, “Some say John the Baptist, some Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?”

Simon Peter answered and said, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” Jesus answered and said to him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven."

*(~)*