• Published 6th Jun 2015
  • 3,347 Views, 47 Comments

The Little Pony Legend: A Kingdom of Friendship - MaggiesHeartLove



Join Team Avatar as they travel to new places spreading The Magic of Friendship wherever they go!

  • ...
20
 47
 3,347

BrotherHooves Social

*(~)*

Genesis 5:2~

"He created them male and female, and blessed them and called them Mankind in the day they were created."

*(~)*


BrotherHooves Social

"Oh, snickerdoodle! Where is the darned thing?" Granny Smith groaned as she searched and searched through the pile, "I wish for once I'd remembered to label these boxes!"

The elderly pony was searching the attic alongside her grandson, Big Macintosh. As always, the grand stallion was eager to lend a helping hoof to his grandmother. That's just how Big Mac was, a helpful and selfless pony towards his family. Everypony in Ponyville knew him for his kindness and courage, no wonder me made so many female ponies swoon. But, his duty was for his family, his grandmother and two sisters were the only women in his life and he was more than happy to have it that way. Maybe he would find a mare of his own one day, but until then he was more than happy where he was.

"Uh, Big Mac, be a dear and help me move those…" Granny Smith squinted her eyes a bit, "Uh, maybe it's in that one on the bottom."

Big Mac effortlessly balanced two of the boxes onto his muzzle, allowing his grandmother to look inside the third box that was the last of the stock. She removed the lid and smiled, hoping to find what she was searching for, but all she found was a variety of old baby toys from her grandponies' childhood. As sweet as it was to see the toys that brought so many found memories for her it still wasn't what she was looking for.

"Oh, dagnabbit, it's not in there either!"

Granny Smith continued her search, she knew it had to be around here somewhere. Her memory amy not be as good as it used to be but she wasn't that far gone yet.

Before Big Mac could help her he became distracted by the sound of giggling. He looked out the window and saw his two sister playing out in the yard like always. His eyes looked on sadly as the two frolicked and galloped along, laughing and giggling like two young school fillies. Apple Bloom always adored Applejack, she was her role model, her hero, her best friend. Their relationship had become even closer once Applejack received earthbending, and Apple Bloom did so as well. It was especially sad fro Big Mac because, unlike them, he was not fortunate enough to receive any bending of his own. His own individual strength alone was enough to be considered earthbending with how he could buck a tree and make the ground beneath him quake if he hit it hard enough. Though he could never create a gigantic earthquake like his sister, and no doubt Apple Bloom would be able to make so with more practice.

The two bended little pebbles and were having a little bending battle. Applejack was teaching her little sister how to create a proper earth disk and kick it at her opponent. Apple Bloom was a natural, she managed to create an earth disk, hurl it like a pro with her back legs and even break one in half if it was aimed at her.

"Woo-hoo!" The little filly cheered.

"Great form, little sis!" Applejack smiled proudly as Big Mac continued watching from afar.

He remembered the times where Apple Bloom would look up to him like he was her hero, but now with Applejack practically the superstar of the Apple Family, how was he suppose to compete with that? If only he had inherited bending like they did, maybe he could at least be part of the fun. He was interrupted from his thoughts when his grandmother spoke up.

"Sisterhooves Social is right around the corner. Thought it'd be nice to award the winner of the big race the ribbon from when we hosted the very first Social! If'n of course I could find the darn thing." Granny Smith tried to reach up towards a box, accidentally opening and tripping one in the process. It was very light and only conned one object within it. The elderly pony smiled at the old toy.

"Oh, would you looky here!"

Big Mac checked to see what it was Granny had found. His green eyes slightly widened. It was a toy dragon fly on a stick with a happy face drawn on it. It was a very simple toy, but that was part of his charm. Big Mac remembered it well.

"My, how Apple Bloom used to love watching you make that thing fly." said Granny Smith with a soft wrinkled smile, "It's like she thought you was magic." the memory made the stallion smile. Apple Bloom was such an adorable little filly, the way her eyes sparkled when her big brother made the little toy soar through the sky and she would give him the biggest hug afterwords. She would beg him to do it over and over again and he was more than happy to do it, if it brought a smile to her face.

"Ah, right, enough reminiscing'. Gotta find that ribbon!" Granny continued her search for the missing ribbon while Big Mac picked up the toy with his mouth. Maybe this way he could reconnect with her, be her hero again like Applejack was.

Granny stretched up in an effort to reach the box above her, "If you would just help me—" she strained, "pull… this... box, then maybe I can... Uh, Big Mac?" she looked around to see her grandson was gone. Her weight crumbled underneath her hooves and she fell into a box. Her head popped up with a blue ribbon on her eye.

"Found her!"

(~)

The two apple sisters practiced their routine for the Social one more time. They clapped their hooves and galloped while chanting; "S-I-S-T-E-R-S! Which two sisters are the best? We are! Apple Bloom and Applejack forever! Yee-hoo!"

"We're gonna win every competition at the Sisterhooves Social!" Apple Bloom said happily, "Those other fillies aren't gonna know what hit 'em!"

"And we're gonna nail the bending course of the competition! Right, sis?" Applejack said with equal excitement.

"Right! I've been practicin' every day! I beat I'll get my earthbendin' cutie mark soon enough!"

Before the elder sister could reply she spotted their brother approaching with something held in his mouth. "Oh. Hey there, Big Mac! Did you want somethin'?"

"Eeyup." he replied. Which was basically his only reply really.

"Hold that thought." the younger filly said before looking back up at the elder orange pony before her, "Applejack, you are the most awesome sister ever!"

Applejack blushed and laughed shyly at the compliment, "Aw, gee-whiz. Well I think it's sweet that you hold that opinion, but—"

"It's not opinion! It's objective fact! You saved Equestria like a gazillion times, you're a bonded pony to one of the most powerful human ever, defeated UnaVaatu from destroyin' the whole world, you're smart, funny, strong... Why you're the best sister of all time! Probably the best Apple of all time! Right, Big Mac?"

Big Mac's ears were lowered, indicating his sadness. Not wanting to look like a jerk, he perked his ears upward and forced a smile. "Eeyup." he replied. He couldn't' disagree, Applejack was truly an outstanding pony and he was proud of her…he just wished Apple Bloom would be equally proud of him too.

"And with you by my side, I am guaranteed to taste sweet, sweet Sisterhooves Social victory!" Apple Bloom said while adorably galloping around her big sister, making Big Mac feel all the more self conscious. "Go, Apples, go, go, go, Apples go!"

"Uh, Apple Bloom? I think Big Mac's got somethin' he wants to show you." Applejack allowed her older brother to finally do what he came here to do. She observed him the whole time and she knew just by the look in his eyes that he wanted to do something for his younger sister. With a wide smile he took the toy by the stick with his large hooves and twisted it several times before releasing it. It spun and twirled and flew up into the air for several moments before landing on the ground. Big Mac awaited for his little sister's reaction.

"Oh, hey. Is that the toy we used to play with when I was little?"

"Eeyup!"

"Neat. Alright then! Let's get back to practicin'!" she said to her older sister, before happily hoping along. Big Mac's ears lowered sadly. He didn't even know why he thought this would impress her. Apple Bloom was too old to be enchanted by such a silly party trick. He wasn't really needed here so he walked away back into the barn to carry on his work.

While Apple Bloom wanted to practice some more, Applejack knew something was bothering her brother. Her bond with him was just as strong as her bond with Apple Bloom. He was the one who filled the hole that was left by their parents. Applejack was always compared to her mother while Big Mac was compared to their father. She appreciated all he did and looked up to him since she was Apple Bloom's age. It was then she realized maybe he had been feeling left out as the two sisters grew closer.

Apple Bloom balanced several pins with her muzzle before they collapsed, "One more run-through of our jugglin' routine, make sure our harmonies are tight in our song, and see if we can't beat our best pie-eatin' time!" she said while holding a pie in her hoof.

"Hold on, sugarcube. I need a minute to talk with Big Mac." Applejack walked towards the barn in order to have a heart to heart with her oldest sibling.

"Mind if I go ahead and start eatin' this pie?!" Apple Bloom asked…right before stuffing her face into the pastry. How she always loved pie.

Once inside, Applejack saw Big Mac happening on an anvil. She knew whenever he did things like this it meant he was distraught. "Hey, Big Mac, you all right?" she asked compassionately.

"Yup." Big Mac replied with a sight before placing the hammer back down and walked on over to the other side of the barn in order to rearrange the rakes and gardening tools.

"You sure? You seemed a little down back there."

Big Mac scoffed, "Nope."

"Come on, you can tell me. You feelin' a little left out? Apple Bloom and I have been spendin' a lot of time together gettin' ready for the Social." Big Mac's expression saddened even more and Applejack placed a hoof over his shoulder, but before she could say anything else she felt a sudden tingling sensation on her flank. She gasped and saw what was happening.

"What in the…?"

"Your cutie mark!" Apple Bloom cheered once she entered the barn and saw her sister's cutie mark glowing, "You're being summoned, Applejack! This is so cool!"

Just what Big Mac needed, another reason for Apple Bloom to swoon over A.J….again. He sighed and lowered his ears in annoyance, his patience already slowly starting to wear thin. "Eeyup." he said bitterly.

"Wonder where you're bein' called to." Apple Bloom wondered, "Wonder what you're supposed to do when you get there. Obviously to somethin' awesome because you're awesome!" the little filly's eyes widened once reality hit her, "But… But if you're bein' summoned to solve a friendship problem, that means you'll have to miss the Sisterhooves Social! And if you have to miss the Social, then I'll have to miss the Social, which means I won't be able to taste sweet, sweet victory!"

The poor filly started to hyperventilate. She had been looking forward to the social for weeks, months even, and now all that waiting and practicing would be for nothing.

"Now calm down." said Applejack, her cutie mark still glowing, "Let me just go over to Twilight's castle and see what's what! Maybe it's just a false alarm."

Apple Bloom smiled in relief. Maybe she had nothing to worry about after all.

(~)

"But you said it was a false alarm!"

"I said maybe it's a false alarm." Applejack already had her things packed into a blanket on a stick and was preparing for the trip, "Well, it's not. Rarity and I have to go to Manehattan."

"Can't you just tell that map it'll have to wait a couple days?" Apple Bloom wined.

"No can do, sugarcube. When duty calls, I gotta answer right away." the elder pony wrapped her hoof around the little one, "What kind of an example would I be settin' for my little sister if I didn't?"

"This can't be happening! Your extreme awesomeness is backfiring on me!" the distraught little filly ran off to cry in her room, leaving Applejack to sigh sadly. She didn't blame her for being so upset, she had been wanting to do the social for so long now, and she was hoping to show off her bending skills with her big sister.

Applejack sighed sadly, "I'm sorry, Apple Bloom." she turned towards her big brother, who stood at the entrance, "Try and cheer her up, won't you? I won't feel right if she's so upset."

"Eeyup." Big Mac promised.

Applejack packed up her things and was off to complete her mission. Hopefully the trip will take her mind off of things. Especially with having to deal with the poor nervous Asami Sato who was entirely new to this whole thing.

Big Mac walked up towards Apple Bloom's room and knocked. He opened his mouth to speak but the little filly answered, "I don't wanna talk right now." she said sadly. Big Mac knew it was best to leave the child alone.

He wondered how he was going to help her out of this.

(~)

"Breakfast, come and get it!"

The following morning, Granny Smith prepared Apple Bloom's favorite; oatmeal with hey oats with a side of hay, pineapple slices and strawberries. But the poor filly wasn't hungry. She wouldn't even say a word on account of how depressed she was feeling. Big Mac tried to come up with a way to cheer her up. He placed his plate onto his face and used his vegetables to make a funny face. The carrots were used as tusks, the lettus for his eyebrows and the grass was sticking out of his ears. But this did not help at all, the little filly pushed her plate away and hid her face.

"Oh, it's no use, Big Mac." Granny said sadly, "If I know my Apple Bloom, she won't come out of a funk this funky 'til her big sister gets back."

Big Mac sighed sadly. What else could he do to make her feel better? Anything else he tried just made it worse. The family heard a knock on the door and two familiar little fillies entered. One was a white unicorn and the other an orange pegasus, both were blank flanks like Apple Bloom.

"Hey, Apple Bloom." Sweetie Belle greeted, "The Social's gonna start in a few hours. Thought you might want to go with us."

The two fillies were accompanied by several other friends; the violet unicorn Twilight, the adorable dragon Spike, the handsome pegasus Flash Sentry, the tall and protective firebender Mako and the equally beautiful but strong-willed Princess Korra.

"What are ya'll doin' here?" Apple Bloom asked once she saw the larger crowd.

Mako smiled kindly at the little Crusader, "Since Rarity and Applejack are out of town, we thought you could use some cheering up. We even got you a present." he handed her a little box with a pink ribbon on it. Apple Bloom graciously accepted the gift and untied the bow with her mouth and removed the lid. They were a lovely pair of earrings, made out of some kind of pretty green rock.

"We found them inside a cave up on the mountains." Korra said, "I just did a bit of magic and made a pair of earrings for you."

"Awww, thanks Korra. That's really sweet."

The Avatar placed the accessories on her ears and the little filly smiled. They were indeed a lovely gift. "I understand you feeling upset, but I know Applejack wouldn't want you to mope." Korra smiled as she stroked Apple Bloom's mane.

"Plus, you can cheer me and Rainbow Dash while we compete!" said Scootaloo.

"And me and Twilight!" Sweetie Belle said, "She was nice enough to volunteer to take Rarity's place."

The alicorn blushed, "Aww, it was the least I could do."

"Won't it be cheatin' with you being an alicorn and all?" Apple Bloom asked.

"It won't be cheating if I don't use my powers." she replied with a wink.

"Pretty great they're letting you participate even though you're not technically sisters." said Flash Sentry.

"Well, the Social's always had a pretty loose definition of what consti-ma-tutes a sister." Ganny Smith explained, "As long as you share a bond that represents the spirit of the Social, you're in!"

"Korra and I were going to participate together but she thought it wouldn't be fair for the other contestants."

The Avatar simply shrugged. With her taller size, amazing strength she wouldn't give the other teams a chance to even come close to winning. She had too much going for her that she wouldn't feel right if she competed.

"So what do you say? You coming?" Sweetie Belle asked, hoping Apple Bloom would reconsider.

"We'll buy you all the candy you want." Spike said, "So long as Ali, Mika and San don't eat it all first." he narrowed his eyes at Mako and Korra's adopted children, who chirped in annoyance at his remark.

Apple Bloom sighed sadly, her ears, and her large pink bow, lowering sadly, "Why not...? Got nothin' better to do... Lemme wash up and I'll meet you in a little bit."

The group of friends headed out, sadly looking back at the little filly, who face palmed herself into the table. As kind as their offer was, and as gracious as Korra's gift was as well, she still don't deny the fact that all of her and Applejack's hard work was for nothing.

:Such a shame we don't live closer to all your second cousins." Granny said with a sigh, "You could maybe do the Social with one of them instead."

Then, Big Mac felt like a lightbulb went off in his head. Maybe none of their cousins could do the social with Apple Bloom…but they never said which cousin.

Granny Smith noticed his expression, "What is it, Big Mac? Y'all got an idea?"

"Eeyup!"

Apple Bloom smiled and leaped up at her brother, "What? What is it?!"

Big Mac's only response was a sly grin. In his mind, he believed this plan was not only full proof…but a chance for him to reconnect with little sister again. Either way, it was worth the risk.

(~)

Korra, Mako, Flash and Spike purchased some popcorn and drinks to watch the event. The Sisterhooves Social was truly a grand event as many festivals in Ponyville. There were so many sisters, as far as the eye could see, cousins, second cousins, sisterly-mentors like Rainbow Dash was for Scootaloo, step-sisters, foster sisters, adopted sisters, you name it. But while the event was both lovely and heartwarming to see, the firebender's mind continuously drifted back to the poor filly.

"I feel really bad for Apple Bloom." Mako said sadly while stirring the straw in his drink.

"I know." Korra agreed, "I'm not questioning the map's reason for calling Applejack, but why did it need to be now?"

"Guess there are some things you just can't be prepared for."

"Don't we know it." Korra rolled her eyes at the reality before taking a sip of her soda.

Meanwhile, Scootaloo was bursting with excitement, she couldn't wait to compete with Rainbow Dash. The firebending pegasus was her hero and honorary big sister who loved her to no end.

"Today is our big day!"

"We have so got this. I'm gonna go sign us in." the blue pegasus headed towards the judged booth while Twilight and Sweetie Belle approached her, already having signed in. Rainbow Dash smiled at her friend, "Looking froward to the competition, Twilight."

"Oh, you're actually calling me competition?"

"Well, duh! Who was the pony who bested Tirek in that magic battle and took down Starlight Glimmer with phoenix wings? But don't think I'll go easy on you, Princess."

Twilight arched an eyebrow and smirked, "Well, this shoulder be interesting." the two ponies only laughed before parting.

"Thanks again for doing this, Twilight." said Sweetie Belle.

"I know I can't replace Rarity, but I will make sure you have a good time."

"That's all I really ask."

Korra, Mako, Spike and Flash approached the two and Scootaloo. "Good luck out there, you guys." Flash said before giving his girlfriend a kiss.

"Hey, Korra!"

The friends spun around to see Jinora and Ikki heading towards them. Korra squatted down and hugged the two, "Hey! You guys are competing too?"

"We heard about the social from Scootaloo." said Jinora as she wrapped an around around Ikki, "And we thought we could compete together. We hardly get to do anything together, so I thought we could start here."

"We didn't expect to find you here." Ikki said, "Are you and Twilight competing?"

"No, she'll be filling in for Rarity." Korra replied, "Besides, I've got too much going for me, it wouldn't be a fair game for the others."

"Is Apple Bloom here?" Jinora asked.

"I don't know." Sweetie Belle replied, looking around for her friend, "I thought she was gonna be here too."

"Guess she changed her mind." said Scootaloo.

"Isn't that here right there?" Spike asked, pointing towards a familiar red headed filly wearing the earrings Korra gave her.

"Hey, there you are!" Scootaloo said as she and Sweetie Belle approached her, "You ready to cheer us to victory?"

"Uh, not exactly." Apple Bloom replied with uncertainty, as if she were hiding something, "Seems I'm gonna get to participate after all."

Sweetie Belle gasped, "Applejack is back from Manehattan already?"

"That must mean Rarity is back too!" Twilight said, happy that Sweetie Belle would compete with her older sister. As much as she would have loved to compete with the little unicorn, she knew she couldn't' replace her big sister. After all, she had a big sister herself, even if they weren't related by blood.

"No, our sisters are still gone." Apple Bloom replied, "But it, uh... turns out my long lost cousin... 'Orchard Blossom' was able to make it last minute." she gave a nervous laugh, which made all the others arch an eyebrow.

"Your cousin who what now?"

The group heard a voice coming from behind them and once they saw from whom it belonged to their eyes widened and their jaws dropped.

"Well, I do declare! It's hotter today than the business end of a corncob pipe!" the stranger giggled, only it wasn't really a stranger…it was Big Mac!…dressed as a woman.

He wore a blond curled wig and lipstick on his lips, a pair of black Mary-Jane shoes and a southern belle dress with a pink ribbon around the chest and apple prints on the dress. He also wore fake eyelashes and spoke in a, surprisingly, authentic Souther Bell accent.

Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, Spike and the two airbender sisters were literally speechless at the sight. Korra and Mako dropped their drinks while Flash's left eye started to twitch. Twilight's eyebrow's crinkled and quickly shielded Sweetie Belle's eyes while Flash shielded Scoolatoo's. Mako and Korra did the same for Jinora and Ikki while Spike covered the eyes of the spirit lizards and his own eyes in the process, but not before sneaking a peek to make sure he wasn't hallucinating.

Apple Bloom was sweating like a sinner in church, how was her brother suppose to pull this off? Nobody would think he was a real lady, but he was determined to prove her wrong. This stallion was true to his character.

"Oh, my! I'm so delighted to meet your little friends, Apple Bloom. Would these be your dear and beloved Cutie Mark Crusaders?" he spoke in the Southern Bell voice. Twilight and Flash only reacted by pulling the two fillies closer. This was not something they had expected to see today. Or ever, really.

"And these must be the Princesses, Twilight Sparkle and Avatar Korra, I presume."

Apple Bloom sighed before 'introducing' her cousin to her friends, "Everybody, cousin Orchard Blossom."

"It is my extra-ordinary pleasure to make your acquaintance."

The group's expressions quickly shifted from jaw dropped shocked to downright deadpan as they all turned towards Apple Bloom, who smiled nervously at them all, praying to the Heavens above they would fall for this act.

"That's Big Mac in a dress." Sweetie Belle said in a deepen tone, matching her expression.

"And not even a good one." said Jinora, equally deadpan in tone.

However, even though the dress, wig and voice weren't fooling any of them, the red colored stallion remained in character. He never quit on anything, so he certainly wasn't going to quit on this.

"Big Mac?" he asked, still speaking in the voice of Orchard Blossom, "Why, as charmed as I am that you find me in the slightest resemblance to such a-a-a fine and noble product of the Apple clan. I am astonished in equal measure. However, I shall take this startling observation under advisement given that it's from such an astute and perceptive filly as yourself, Sweetie Belle."

The young unicorn simply played along. After all, a compliment is still a compliment. "That's awful nice of you to say, cousin Orchard Blossom! I've been told before I'm pretty observant."

"I haven't the slightest doubt."

Flash Sentry cleared his throat rather roughly in an effort to get his human foster brother's attention. The pony nodded his head elsewhere and Mako quickly caught up on what he was trying to say. The firebender then addressed to the cross-dressed stallion.

"Um, Big M--I mean, 'Orchard Blossom', can me and Flash talk to you for a moment?"

"Well, since you nice gentlemen asked so nicely."

The two boys practically shoved Big Mac away from the others in an effort to talk some sense into him. "Look, Big Mac," Mako began once they were farther away, "I'm pretty sure I know why you're doing this. You didn't want Apple Bloom to miss the social so you put on this get-up, which I have to say is kind of sweet. Weird, but sweet. But, the things is…how can I say this nicely…"

"You make an unconvincing woman." Flash said, rather bluntly, "They're gonna call your bluff, man."

Mako blinked twice in surprise, "Dude."

"Sorry, you know I'm not that good at lying."

As much as he hatted to admit it, this was a pretty risky thing to do. The others caught onto his masquerade rather quickly, who's to say others won't as well. That was a risk he was willing to take. He just had to try a big harder, that was all.

"Well, I do appreciate your concern, gentlemen. However, and forgive me for being so bold, I believe I can take care of these matters you stated. If you will excuse me." with his head held up high, Big Mac walked away from the two, who looked on with expressions of both concern and…weirded out.

"Well, we tried." said Flash, "Good luck, pal…you're gonna need it." he said the last part in a whisper.

At the judges table, one of the mares looked up and dropped the pencil she carried with her mouth once she saw the rather strong-looking, and admittedly strangely dressed pony she had ever seen. Her other fellow judge couldn't agree more.

"Pardon me. My dearest cousin Applejack is regrettably unable to be here as planned, so I, her cousin Orchard Blossom, will accompany Apple Bloom in her stead. I trust that's acceptable to all concerned?"

But while the two female judges were surprised by the pony's appearance, the only male one smiled at the sight of her. This was his kind of woman; strong but feminine. As weirded out as Big Mac felt at seeing the older gentlecolt adjust his collar while smiling at him, this was still a good sign that his plan was working better than he thought.

"Cousin Orchard Blossom, huh?"

Big Mac spun around and started to sweat when he saw both Rainbow Dash and Twilight stand before him with Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle. The two fillies giggled while Twilight simply arched an eyebrow at the obviously fake 'female' before them. Rainbow Dash eyed him suspiciously, making the stallion all the more nervous. Rainbow may be one of the most daring ponies round, but even she wasn't stupid.

"I know Applejack has a lot of relatives, but I feel like she would've mentioned you."

Big Mac stayed cool and went on with the act in an effort to throw off the pony, "Why, you must be Rainbow Dash. You're Scootaloo's... say... how are y'all related again?"

Rainbow Dash's eyes darted to Twilight, silently asking what the heck was this pony thinking. The princess simply sighed in exasperation and rainbow managed to caught on. "Hm. Why don't I just let you finish signing in?" she said politely to her friend's "cousin" before speaking in a hushed tone, "But don't think me and Scootaloo are gonna take it easy on you just 'cause you're a stallion!"

As she and Scootaloo walked off, Big Mac tried to smooth the situation while laughing, "Now, where were we?" he placed his large hooves onto the table, only to have it crumble and crash due to his large weight. Apple Bloom was already panicking. It was only a matter of time before the judges caught on, Big Mac, hard as he may try, wasn't tricking anybody with what his gender really was. They would get kicked out of the social for sure.

"Um, excuse me. I have to... go to the bathroom." the little filly zipped away as fast as she could, not wanting to see the rest of this inevitable train reck.

"You mean 'powder your muzzle', don't you, dear?" Big Mac said to her in his fake accent before addressing back to the judges, "Such a more, uh, feminine-like reference to nature's call, don't you agree?"

From afar, Korra and Mako could only groan and face palm themselves. "We tried." the firebender confessed and the Avatar kindly patted him in the back.

"I know, honey. I know."

Jinora and Ikki managed to find Apple Bloom hiding behind a barrel, the poor thing trying desperately to hide herself using her incredibly large pink bow. "Have they called your brother's bluff yet?" Jinora asked.

"No, but they're about to!"

"Maybe it won't be so bad." said Ikki, "I mean, he could pull it off…right?" but even she herself didn't believe her own words. Apple Bloom covered her face with her hooves, "I can't bear to watch!"

"Yoo-hoo! Apple Bloom!" Big Mac called out to his younger sister, while other ponies looked at him with expressions of confusion, shock and downright concerned. "They've approved us as a pair! Hurry along now, precious!"

Apple Bloom was jaw-dropped at the results, "I can't believe they bought it!"

"I know." said Jinora, "But, it's sweet he wants to help you out like this. Weird, but sweet."

Ikki began tugging Jinora's arm excitedly, "Come on, Jinora! The social's about to start. Good luck, Apple Bloom!"

Apple Bloom waved goodbye to her human friends and approached her big brother. Or, cousin, for the moment.

"See darling? I told you you would compete in the social." said Big Mac.

"Yeah, though it's a shame we can't compete in the bending tournament."

"Oh, don't you worry your pretty little head about that, precious. I already spoke with this nice judges and you will get to showcase your beautiful bending talents."

"Really!?" Apple Bloom jumped up in excitement, "Alright!"

(~)

From the bleachers, Korra, Mako, Spike and Flash watched the events unfold. They cheered for Rainbow and Twilight, but were still concerned about Big Mac.

"So, there's really nothing we can do at this point, is there?" Flash asked the two humans.

"Nope." they both replied.

"We're just gonna sit back and watch."

"Yep." They replied in unison again.

"Okay…popcorn?" the pony passed them the big bowl of popped nuts and the two watched the scene with anticipation, hoping things would turn out for the best.

This might actually be interesting.

(~)

The Sisterhooves Social was truly a beautiful event, sisters from all trots of life participated in countless activities, like singing, talent competitions, and even the bending competition later on. The first competition was a singing contest. Once the first two pony sisters finished their song, Ikki and Jinora sang a song their grandmother Katara taught them. The two sang in such beautiful harmony, which was actually the name of the song. Spike played the piano while the two airbender sisters sang their song.

(Perfect Harmony by Max Schneider and Keke Palmer)

Jinora:

When I first saw you I didn't know what to think

But something about you was so interesting

I can see me and you

Being best friends

The kind of friends that finish each other's sentences

Ikki and Jinora:

When I can't think of the right words to say

I just sing, oh, oh, oh

Oh, oh, oh

Come on an harmonize with my melody

And we'll sing;

Oh, oh, oh

Ain't it

A perfect harmony?

Ikki:

Sometimes in your lifetime

You look and search for

Someone just to care

Jinora:

Look around and it was there

And we didn't need to go nowhere

Ikki and Jinora:

When I can't think of the right words to say

I just sing, oh, oh, oh

Oh, oh, oh

Come on an harmonize with my melody

And we'll sing;

Oh, oh, oh

Ain't it

A perfect harmony?

Oh, oh,

Perfect Harmony

Once the song ended, the audience bursted into applause. Their song was so beautiful and heartfelt. Even though the two would often argue, that didn't mean they didn't love each other to bits at the end of the day. Korra couldn't help but shed a tear at the song. Katara used to sing it to her when she was young too. It brought back so many wonderful memories.

The male pony, Booth Barker, approached the stage and congratulated the two airbenders, who took a bow while holding hands. "Bravo, bravo! Weren't those two sisters great? Now, where are our next competitors?"

"Here we are!" Big Mac called out and gently shove Apple Bloom ahead. She was still nervous about the whole thing. So far everything was going well, but that could change any moment now. They passed by Jinora and Ikki, who both gave them the thumbs up before getting onto the stage. Apple Bloom smiled nervously at Booth Baster, who then…was reacher surprised to see who the filly was with, but did not say anything.

Big Mac puled out a record for the pony to play on his phonograph. "This one, please."

"Excellent choice... ma'am."

Apple Bloom could feel her knees buckling when she saw the audience before her. She could spot all of her friends giving her the thumbs up and Spike waved a little flag with an apple on it, smiling encouragingly. Their motivation was enough to calm her down. She looked up at her 'cousin' and spoke in a hushed tone.

"You sure you know all the words? 'Cause it took Applejack a pretty long time to get it down."

"Did it now?" Big Mac only smiled once the song started playing. Apple Bloom began singing and, to her surprise, her brother managed to both keep her Orchard Blossom voice while singing rather nicely. Not perfect, but not so bad either. The two sang in perfect tune, and slowly Apple Bloom's nerves left her. Maybe this wouldn't be so bad after a.

Apple Bloom and Big Mac:

We all love our brothers

And our fathers and mothers

We honor them like every family should

But there's somethin' that's quite unique

When my sister's there with me

And we share that special bond of sisterhood

Flash, Spike, Mako and Korra all sighed in relief once the two continued singing. At least this event would go without any problems…they hopped.

Apple Bloom;

Sisterhood

Big Mac:

Sisterhood

Apple Bloom;

Is a special kind of friend

Sisterhood

Big Mac:

Sisterhood

Apple Bloom:

Is a bond that never ends

Apple Bloom and Big Mac:

It's not always perfect

You might fight or be misunderstood

But together you'll always have sisterhood

Big Mac:

Sisterhood

Apple Bloom:

Sisterhood

But as the song went on, Big Mac was really getting into the act. Maybe, too into it. While Apple Bloom kept on singing, her brother danced and frolicked around the stage, having so much fun.

Big Mac:

Sisterhood

Apple Bloom:

Sisterhood

Big Mac:

Sisterhood

Apple Bloom:

Sisterhood

Big Mac (deep bass):

Sisterhood!

Apple Bloom cringed when her brother nearly gave them away by singing the last verse incredibly deep. The other ponies began to chatter with one another, all rather surprised by the pony's sudden deeper change in tone. While there have been some females known to mimic a good deep voice every now and again, this one was a bit…too authentic.

The older male judge was the only one who did not take much notice of this and only clapped happily.

"Well, that spiraled fast." said Spike, while the others looked on with worry. Flash hoof palmed himself.

Apple Bloom laughed nervously, "Are you okay, cousin Orchard Blossom? You sounded like you were catchin' a cold or somethin' else that would make your voice sound totally different right at the end of the song."

Big Mac quickly caught on and realized his slip up. He adjusted his dress and reverted back to his Orchard Blossom persona. "Just a frog in my throat, dear. Probably just need to get a sip of water. If you'll excuse us, we've another event in which to participate."

The two left the stage, leaving the audience still baffled and suspecting that this mare was not all she seemed.

"Oh, my, that certainly didn't go as I had planned." said Big Mac, "But don't you worry. We'll get you a blue ribbon yet, Apple Bloom."

"You sure about that?" the filly asked while arching an eyebrow.

'As sure as my name is cousin Orchard Blossom."

"But that isn't your name!" Apple Bloom said to herself. She wasn't even sure of this while thing anymore, all she wanted now was for the social to be over and done with to save her the humiliation. Why couldn't it be a Brotherhooves Social instead? It most certainly would have caused less trouble for her.

The little filly received a sweet surprise when Ali, Mika and San handed her a caramel apple on a stick. The filly kindly accepted the gift and saw the spirits's 'parents' approach her.

"That was a really great performance, Apple Bloom." Korra said kindly, "And, a very memorable finale."

"I appreciate you tryin' to help, but let's face it, I'm never gonna win the social this year."

Mako squatted down to her level, "Just a suggestion, but maybe you could stop thinking about winning for a moment and try having some fun with your big brother."

"You mean 'cousin', don't you?"

The firebender chuckled, "Maybe to everybody else, but to you he's still Big Mac. And if the truth does come out at some point, at least you can say you had a good time."

Apple Bloom thought about this for a moment. Maybe Mako had a point, maybe she had been too worried about what others thought that maybe she didn't' think too much about why Big Mac did this. He was doing it because he knew she wanted to compete and win. Maybe she couldn't get the second thing, but at least he gave her the first, which was what she wanted just as much.

"Maybe you're right. I guess winning shouldn't be my priority right now, at least I'm competin' in the social with somepony I love, that's enough right?"

"Right." Mako ruffled the pony's mane while chuckling, "You better get going, the bending competition's about to start."

The little filly nuzzled her nose against his cheek before heading off to find her big brother in a dress. Korra smiled proudly at him. "That was really sweet."

"What can I say? I have a way with fillies."

(~)

As Mako has previously stated, the bending competition was indeed the next event. Jinora and Ikki were the first to perform. Their routine was one they had been practicing on together for a while now. Beside both of them stood a basket of white lotus flower petals. Taking their stance, the two sisters created two spiraling tornadoes that lifted the petals up into the sky, making them dance in the most beautiful and elegant way possible. The petals almost looked like fairies, fluttering all around the audience, making the gallop in applause. The two airbenders gently placed the petals back into the baskets and bowed while holding hands.

Next, was Twilight Sparkle and Sweetie Belle. Since their elements were opposites, this would most certainly be an interesting display. Flash cheered for his girlfriend who blew him a kiss and gave him a wink. Sweetie Belle had a bucket of water beside her and she and the princess bowed before the audience, before smiling at each other with knowing grins.

The little unicorn bended the water from the bucket, forming it into a serpent and spiraled it around her body, while Twilight did a similar trick, only hers was made up entirely out of magenta flames. The two gracefully manipulated their respected elemental serpents, forcing them to dance in perfect synchronization. For the finale event, the two had both attacks merge as one, creating a cloud of steam. Once the steam cleared, the audience gasped in wow once they saw the beautifully crafted glass serpents coiled together to form a heart shape. It was truly a work of art.

Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo were next, but while the other competitors were more artistic in display, Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo performed a choreographed bending battle. Rainbow Dash sent several fire blasts her way, but they weren't as powerful as the ones she would have used on any opponent, since this was Scootaloo after all. But the little filly had learned airbending from the masters and showed no signs of fear. She leaped up and blasted a had moon arch wind attack onto the pegasus pony, who galloped ahead. Rainbow created a spiraling fire tornado around Scootaloo, but inside it was wide enough not to hurt her. With ease, she used her airbending to extinguish the flames in a spiraling formation, causing the amber sparkles to land all around them. The audience cheered and Rainbow hugged the little pegasus pony.

Korra, Mako, Spike and Flash equally cheered for the three teams, they were all so spectacular it was amazing. Next up were Apple Bloom and Big mac. The little filly wasn't sure how this was going to work since her brother did have any bending.

"Don't you fret, Apple Bloom." he said, "You'r cousin Orchard Blossom has got it all under control."

"I hope so."

"Wait right here." Big Mac quickly ran off and returned with two piles of earth disks, similar to the ones they used in pro-bending.

The bell rung and it was now the Apple's turn. Spike shielded his eyes, "I can't look!" he said, while also hiding Ali, Mika and San's sight. Apple Bloom took her stance and Big Mac, using his back legs, kicked one of the disks from the top pile and Apple Bloom jumped up and kicked it on the spot. This little filly certainly had some powerful legs alright.

Big Mac this time kicked two disks at the same time, from which Apple Bloom stopped from hurling at her and levitated them beside her before hurling them back at her older brother, who kicked them both on the spot. This really surprised the audience, the stallion clearly couldn't bend yet he managed to help demonstrate his sister's bender to near perfection. The routine continued, with more and more disks aiming at Apple Bloom, who would flip over and kick or hurl them back for the stallion to kick. He even managed to both kick and throw a disk at the exact same time, wowing the crowd even more. But as the act went on, soon his long dress became a hazard and soon the skirt became tangled in his legs, causing him to fall and have the few remaining disks tumble and fall as well. This would mean their performance was over. Apple Bloom did get to showcase her bending like she wanted, if only her brother's stubborn dress didn't get in the way.

(~)

After the event, Big Mac finally managed to untangle himself and adjust his wig, which was already getting rather messy at this point, "Oh, I don't know why I didn't choose to wear something more casual. Why, I knew that routine like the back of my hoof! But never you mind. There is still the race to be run!"

"I really appreciate all the effort, Big Ma— cousin Orchard Blossom, but maybe we just skip the whole obstacle course thing and call it a day."

In reality, Apple Bloom didn't want to give up now, but she was already starting to feel bad that her brother would have to endure this kind of embarrassment. It was sweet at first but now she was beginning to think maybe her brother had had enough of all of this. Besides, she could already tell he was getting itchy from the dress the countless times she saw him scratching himself and adjusting his equally itchy wig before almost every event so far. But Big Mac was not about to quit. Not now.

"Why, Apple Bloom! I wouldn't hear of it! Your cousin Orchard Blossom may be many things, but she is not a quitter."

"I'm sure she's not, but it's like Applejack said; There'll be more Sisterhooves Socials down the line, and I'm sure she'll help me get a blue ribbon next time around."

"B-But you wanted to win it this Sisterhooves Social!"

"It's not about winning really, I just don't want you to feel like you have to put on this get-up for me. I already know it's not that easy for you, even if you can pull off a good impression, but really I'm okay. We don't have to win, I had fun. Come on, let's just go home and have some apple cider."

Big Mac couldn't let hr quit, not now. If she quit then that would mean he had let her down. He couldn't do that to his little sister, he just couldn't.

"Come now, we are not giving up now. No matter what, I am gonna get you that win! Why, I simply have to." he said the last part mostly to himself. No matter what, he was going to win this for her.

(~)

"Sisters, get ready! The race is about to begin!"

Apple Bloom was galloping in place, still anxious about the whole thing while her friends tried their best to calm her down, but it was a lost cause for this little filly.

"Apple Bloom, calm down." Korra said in an effort to get the pony to chill, "Your brother's one of the fastest and strongest ponies in Ponyville."

"That's not what I'm worried about!" said the little filly, "What if his dress gets caught in his hooves again? What if his wig clouds his vision? What if he trips and everypony sees his cutie mark?! What will folks think of him then?!"

"They'll say what a great brother he is." Mako stated.

"Besides, he's done a good job at keeping up the charade so far." Flash said and swallowed a potato chip, "Which I have to say is impressive. I thought for sure he'd get figured out before the first event."

"Looks like you'll win the social after all." said Korra, but Apple Bloom still wasn't too convinced.

"I know he's doin' this because he cares, but even if we did win, which probably won't happen, and even if it did it won't matter because they'l find out at some point and my poor brother will be a laughing stock and all because of me!" the child covered her face with her hooves in embarrassment.

Mako opened up his mouth to say something but was interrupted when Big Mac approached, "Apple Bloom, there you are! The race is starting, dear. Come along. Wish us good luck." he said to the others.

"More like, wish us sense." Apple Bloom said sadly before walking ahead with her brother. The others did wish them good luck. In more ways than one.

The groups alined at the starting line, with Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo the last to arrive. "Alright, Scootaloo, remember the parts where teamwork really comes into play!"

"How could I forget? We've been training all week!"

"Okay, hot stuff! What's our move on the grape squish?"

"The alley-oop."

"Apple toss?"

"Flip-flop."

"Egg carrying?"

"Flutter-bomb."

The two ponies high hoofed one another, "Yeah!"

Next where Twilight and Sweetie Belle, who galloped their hooves while flaring their nostrils, ready to start. Both teams were very athletic and skilled. He gulped nervously.

"Oh, dear."

Granny Smith spoke through the megaphone, "Competi-sis-tors! Take your positions!"

Big Mac adjusted his wing and trotted the ground beneath him. Apple Bloom was ready as well, maybe it won't be as bad as she thought…she hoped.

"And a-ready, and a-set, go!"

The race began and the groups were off. The first obstacle was jumping over a mud pit, fro which Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo managed to do so with ease.

"Nice jump, Scoot!"

Next, Twilight and Sweetie Belle leaped over the mud pit with equal ease. The teams next jumped over various smaller barrels but Big Mac couldn't jump as high as the others and so he slipped on the mud, loosing his shoes in the process. Apple Bloom managed to jumped over the barrels with ease but Big Mac got his hooves stuck on the barrels, carrying them off with him while smashing several.

Korra, Mako, Flash and Spike watched the whole thing and the spirit trio chirped sadly. "Come on you guys, come on." Korra chanted while crossing her fingers, hoping things wouldn't turn out as bad as she feared, while Mako crossed his fingers as well. Realizing that they really had no need to speak lowly they cheered even louder for Apple Bloom and Big Mac.

"Go, Apples! Go!"

Apple Bloom nimbly jumped over several wooden boxes, but Big Mac rammed into the boxes, destroying them in the process and catching up with his little sister, who cheered happily, "Woo-hoo!"

Hearing her cheer so happily brought a smile to his face. He did it, he made her proud. But the race wasn't over yet. Next up was the pie eating contest, and since he was really a male he could eat even faster. When the pink bow around his neck proved to be too much of a handle he ripped it off and ate the pies in seconds. Apple Bloom finished her pie in time as well.

They raced on with their friends cheering for them. Twilight and Sweetie Belle were neck in neck with Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo, who was having the best time. The next challenge was pushing stacks of hay towards the line painted onto the ground. Both teams were stronger than most, but Big Mac proved to be even stronger as he and Apple Bloom pushed the stacks of hay towards the line before tossing it over their heads. Twilight gasped when she saw it about to land on a couple of sisters and quickly used her magic to prevent it from hitting them and safely placed it onto the side. The teams sighed in relief before continuing.

Next was the grape squish. Big Mac tossed the load full of grapes into the barrel and Apple Bloom started squishing them. Rainbow Dash ran up and tossed the grapes and Scootaloo onto the barrels and the two began squishing them together. Next came Twilight and Sweetie Belle, the princess tossed the grapes and little pony into the barrel and the two started squishing them as well. To speed up the process, and guarantee them the win, Big Mac leaped up and landed on the barrel, spilling the grape juice into several awaiting jaws, and even his younger sister in the process. She ended up in a jaw and popped out in shock.

"Yikes! You almost squished me!"

They were the first to place their full jar of juice into the stools and ran ahead towards the egg carrying competition. Rainbow and Scootaloo galloped pass them and so did Twilight and Sweetie Belle. Big Mac forced his way into the chicken coop, causing the feathered creatures to panic.

"Pick up those hooves, Apple Bloom! Why, you're barely movin' at a mosey!"

Apple Bloom galloped as fast as she could towards the coop, where Rainbow and Scootaloo already balanced their respected eggs onto their noses. The same was said by Twilight and Sweetie Belle. Both teams placed their eggs perfectly onto the baskets before galloping ahead. This worried Big Mac, they went from being ahead to being behind. He managed to balance an egg onto his nose, but due to his size he took the entrance of the coop along with him. His wig and dress were already covered with feathers.

"Come on, junebug, it's... like you've never carried an egg before!"

Apple Bloom balanced the egg on her nose and tried to move as quickly as possible, "Argh! I'm goin' as fast as I can!"

Big Mac placed his egg into the basket, but all the other competitors were already gone. He began to jitter anxiously until Apple Bloom placed the egg into the basket, smiling in triumph. Before she knew it, she was suddenly lifted up by her big brother, who galloped faster and faster, his eyes straight onto the finish line. While the other competitors jumped over the wooden obstacles, Big Mac rammed right into them, frightening the other ponies and causing them to scatter away.

Apple Bloom screamed while her brother galloped on, the only things standing between them and victory were Rainbow Dash, Scootaloo, Twilight and Sweetie Belle. They were ahead, probably reaching the line before he did, but Big Mac would not let that happen. He had come too far to give up now. With the wind covering his fast trotting hooves, Big Mac collided with both the alicorn and pegasus pony, who in turn collided with their respected fillies. Rainbow and Scootaloo were the second to reach the finish line, while Big Mac and Apple Bloom were the first.

The stallion came to a halt and did a victory dance while holding his little sister up high. He did it, he won the social for her.

"Woo-hoo!" he cheered loudly, so loudly he sounded like his normal self and not Orchard Blossom. Apple Bloom was far too traumatized to even move as she clung into her brother's hoof elf for her dear life. She didn't even notice they crossed the finish line, nor did it seem to matter to her anymore.

However, not everybody shared the enthusiasm. All the competitors and bystanders were shocked and horrified at the acts displayed during the race. The rest of Team Avatar rushed over to help their friends, who were fine but shaken from the impact.

Big Mac cleared his throat and gently placed his sister back down, clearing his throat, "I mean, victory is ours, sweet Apple Bloom!"

But the victory was short lived. All of that running and ramming into things had torn up Big Mac's dress. His entire costume literally tore to pieces, wiping away his makeup and smudging it int the process. His true identity, and gender, was exposed for all to see.

"Uh-oh."

"Uh-oh" indeed!" one of the female pony judges approached the two, narrowing her eyes at them.

"I should've known you'd eventually get busted for bein' a stallion!" Apple Bloom exclaimed in anger.

"Oh, no, we've known all along." the judge admitted, which really didn't surprise anypony else, "The Sisterhooves Social has always had a loose policy when it comes to what counts as a "sister"."

"But then how come we're in trouble?"

"Probably had something to do with that." Sweetie Belle pointed her hoof to showcase all the destruction Big Mac had caused. The obstacle cores was destroyed, pieces of wood scattered all over the place, the stack of hay that nearly harmed two competitors, and the poor chickens were weeping due to their home being destroyed.

"We have a strict policy when it comes to sportsponyship!" said the judge, "In your "sister's" desperation to win, he used brute strength to physically take out the competitors. Uh, that kind of behavior is not just unbecoming of a lady, but quite frankly, of anypony! And for that, you two are hereby disqualified!"

Apple Bloom and Big Mac's ears lowered in guilt. Not even their friends could do much about this, the stallion did create a big mess of things and poor Apple Bloom wasn't to blame entirely. She wanted to play fairly but her brother got carried away. His heart was in the right place, but his actions caused more harm than good.

Rainbow Dash dusted herself up and smiled at the orange filly beside her, "Hah! Looks like we win, squirt!"

"Woo-hoo! Yeah!" Scootaloo couldn't believe it, she and Rainbow Dash won! Before she knew it, she and Rainbow were beings carried off by the other competitors. Even Twilight and Sweetie Belle were happy for them.

"Sorry we couldn't win, Sweetie Belle." the princess said while placing her hoof on the child.

"Are you kidding? This was the most fun social ever! Thanks again for doing this with me, Twilight."

"Anytime." the two hugged.

But while they were happy, Apple Bloom wasn't. She knew something like this would happen, she didn't even care that she didn't win, but that her brother had nearly ruined the social while doing so.

"I told you I should've just waited until the next Social." Apple Bloom galloped away in anger, leaving her brother to sigh sadly. Spike tried to talk to the guy but he was too disappointed to listen and instead walked off sadly with his head close to the ground.

"Poor Big Mac." said Sweetie Belle, "He only wanted to win for Apple Bloom."

"His heart was in the right place." said Korra, "But I'm sure this didn't have much to do with the social to begin with."

"I agree." said Mako, "I'm gonna go talk to her."

As the firebender left, the male judge from before approached, holding a bouquet of flowers and looking around. He stopped when he spotted some familiar golden curls and a torn dress on the floor. Flash shook his head, "Sorry buddy, it ain't happening."

(~)

Apple Bloom sighed sadly as she rested her head on the soft grass, underneath her favorite apple tree. She felt terrible for yelling at her brother. No matter how ridiculous the idea was, he still wanted her to win the social because she had been looking forward to it for so long. But then, how could he have gone through the embarrassment even for her? Her ears perked up when she heard footsteps approaching.

"Mind if I take a seat?" a masculine voice asked.

"Sure, Mako."

The firebender sat beside her, "Sorry things didn't turn out the way you hoped. How any of us hoped, actually."

"I know why he did it but what I don't get is how come he kept on doin' it even though he could have embarrassed himself at any moment."

"Because he loves you, that's why." Mako said with a kind smile.

"I know, but why did he go all crazy?"

"You know, while me and the others were watching I started to realize maybe the social itself wasn't the real reason why he did all of that."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, maybe you should have another chat with your brother. Believe me, guys aren't always that good at sharing their feelings." he said with a light chuckle, going by his own experiences, "That's why we sometimes need a feminine touch to help us out. You and Applejack are two of the most important girls in his life, and he would give up anything for you both."

"I already know that."

"Have you told him lately?"

"Well…no, not really."

"It's never too late." he placed a hand on her mane, making the little filly smile. He nodded his head towards one of the hills of their farm an spotted Big Mac looking out at the sunset. Apple Bloom got up, thanked Mako with a kiss on the cheek, and galloped ahead to speak with her big brother. As she approached him she could have sworn she saw his eyes shimmer, as if he were crying.

"You know I'm... not mad, right?" she said.

"Eeyup." was all he said in reply.

"I mean... let's face it – you dressin' up as my cousin Orchard Blossom was a pretty crazy idea in the first place."

"Eeyup."

"And it's not like you got me disqualified from the Social forever or anythin'. I can participate next time with Applejack. Everything's fine."

"Eeyup."

"I just don't understand why you went so crazy there at the end of the race. I mean, I know you like to win an' all, but... you wanna tell me what's goin' on?"

Big Mac turned his head away, "Nope."

Apple Bloom looked down in regret, "Alright. Well, it's getting late. You common'?"

"Nope."

"Okay. See you later, I guess…" she didn't even know why she tried, he just wasn't going to open up so easily. Maybe Mako was wrong, maybe Big Mac just wasn't the sharing type.

"Apple Bloom?"

The pony immediately stopped and turned around to face him, "Yeah?"

"When you were little, you used to look up to me, thought I was the best thing since zap apple jam." his ears lowered sadly, "Things are different now. Applejack's the hero of the Apple family, always rushin' off to save Equestria with her new powers, powers you've got too. Now you both practice all the time and I'm just here on the farm, doin' chores, helpin' out the way I can, nothin' special, no bendin' of my own, nobody's hero. I guess I just thought... oh, never mind. Here I am about to start blabberin' on about my feelin's. You don't wanna hear all this."

"Yes, I do!" Apple Bloom insisted, placing her hoof over his.

"I guess I just thought if I could... fill in for Applejack at the Social and get you a blue ribbon, well, I could be somepony you looked up to again. Be your hero again. Even if it was for just a day." he gave his sister a warm smile before looking down sadly and turning his head away, "It was foolish and I'm ashamed. Please, I just wanna be alone right now."

It would have been so easy for Apple Bloom to just leave him alone to sulk…but she knew deep down that was not what she was suppose to do. Not right now. He had been there for her all day long, now it was her turn to be there for him.

"Yeah, well, too bad, you big goof! 'Cause I'm not goin' anywhere." she said while hugging him and looking up into his green eyes, her own shimmering with tears nearly falling out. "And I know that you're always gonna be here when I need you. Heck, you'll do a whole obstacle course in high heels if you think it'll help me get somethin' I want. You're my big brother. It doesn't matter if you have bendin' or not, you've always been a hero to me, Big Mac, and you always will be. I'm real sorry I haven't been lettin' you know that's how I feel. Guess both of us have been holdin' back when it comes to expressin' ourselves, huh?"

"Eeyup."

Big mac wrapped his hooves around his little sister and hugged her with all the love in his heart while looking at the beautiful sunset before them. Their moment was interrupted when Granny Smith called out to them.

"Big Mac! Apple Bloom! Your sister's home! She says she's got quite a story to tell about her trip to Manehattan!"

The two looked at one another before Apple Bloom replied, "Be there in a bit! I'm spending some quality time with my big brother!"

Granny Smith only smiled and allowed the two to have their moment together. Applejack was observing from the window and smiled at the scene. She was so happy those two could finally have some bonding time together. She was so proud of both of them.

"Hey, Big Mac?"

"Eeyup?"

"How do you think cousin Orchard Blossom would describe this sunset?"

Big Mac chuckled as he dawned on back to his southern bell voice for his little sister's amusement, "Why, dear, I do declare this is the most beautiful sunset my eyes have ever looked upon. Though sitting here on these tree roots is a trifle uncomfortable for my hindquarters."

As the two laughed, Mako watched from afar at the two siblings bonding when Korra approached him from behind. "What exactly did you tell her?"

"I just gave her some big brother advice." he said with a smile, right before giving her a kiss in the cheek. "Thanks."

"For what?"

"For what?…For everything."

From behind, Spike and the spirit trio were crying their eyes out. "I love happy endings!" the dragon said before wiping his eyes with a hanker shift.

*(~)*

Genesis 5:2~

"He created them male and female, and blessed them and called them Mankind in the day they were created."

*(~)*