• Published 6th Jun 2015
  • 3,359 Views, 47 Comments

The Little Pony Legend: A Kingdom of Friendship - MaggiesHeartLove



Join Team Avatar as they travel to new places spreading The Magic of Friendship wherever they go!

  • ...
20
 47
 3,359

The one where Pinkie and Flash know.

*(~)*

Isaiah 9:6~
For unto us a Child is born,
Unto us a Son is given;
And the government will be upon His shoulder.
And His name will be called
Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."

*(~)*


The one where Pinkie and and Flash know.

"Five hundred and sixty-six, five hundred and sixty-seven, five hundred and sixty-eight…Phew!" Pinkie Pie wiped away the sweat from her brows before sliding down the ladder she had been standing on for the past hour. The pony was covered in baking powder and cake batter, as well as her chef's hat, but she was still smiling as always. She marveled proudly at her work. She had just finished icing exactly five hundred and sixty-eight cupcakes, all neatly placed on seven plates, all stacked one over the other via a pole, decorated with beautiful flowers and a bell ornament arch at the top tied together with a lovely purple bow.

"Look at that, Pound Cake! I am so close to breaking my personal cupcake-icing record!" she said to the baby foal, a light goldish gray baby pegasus with brown eyes and matching mane and tail, sucking on a pacifier while ridding on Pinkie's pet gator, Gummie. "All that's missing now is--"

"Moon peach slices, straight from the Earth Kingdom!" Flash Sentry walked into Sugar Cube corner, with a bag of said peaches he has promised to get for Pinkie Pie while she did the cupcakes, "Technically, from that little Earth Kingdom shopping mart down a few blocks from my apartment."

"Thanks, Flash!"

"Hey, never say I don't do anything for you guys." he said while kindly handing her the bag.

Just then, another pony walked in, a rather rounded female earth pony with a mane styled to look like cake frosting, colored brilliant rose eyes and a light crimson mane with grayish crimson streaks. Her coat was a very light cerulean color and had three cupcakes for her cutie mark. On her back she carried another baby unicorn with a light yellow coat and a bright orange mane and tail, tied up with a cute blue bow, that matched her azure colored eyes. This was Pumpkin Cake, Mr and Mrs Cake's daughter, and Pound Cake was their son. The two were fraternal twins, even thought Pumpkin was a unicorn and Pound Cake was a pegasus while their parents were both earth ponies. That was because they both had unicorn and pegasus relatives in their family tree. That makes sense, right?

Mrs. Cake was gasping in shock as she read the letter she had just received, "My goodness! I can't believe what I'm seeing here!"

"Pretty impressive if I do say so myself." Pinkie Pie said while leaning against her work, smiling proudly.

"Pinkie, would you mind watching the counter while I pop to the supply room? We've just received a very special order, and the ingredients need to be perfect."

"Okie-dokie-lokie."

"Thanks, dear!" Mrs cake quickly sipped away, dropping the letter in the process and causing Pinkie to spin around in her axis before falling down onto the paper the older mare had dropped.

"Wonder what's got her so excited." said Flash as he helped Pinkie Pie and the latter started reading the paper, her eyeballs literally glued onto it as she read, while the stallion watched in curiosity. He was taken aback when her eyeballs suddenly popped right through the paper.

"A baby?!"

"Hu?" Flash asked right before pinkie shoved the letter in his face and he read the words, or rather what was left of it. Even so, he managed to interpret what the note was saying. "Holly mother of Kyoshi! Shining Armor and Princess Cadance are having a baby?!"

"Ye-ha!" Pinkie exclaimed happily.

"This is amazing! Twilight's gonna be so psyched!" he said with a wide smile before getting a tight hug from Pinkie Pie.

"I can't wait to tell her!"

Just then, Mrs. Cake reentered once she heard all the commotion, "Oh, em, Pinkie, uh... it's a top secret surprise." she said with a whisper before heading back to the supply room. The excitement had died down and Pinkie Pie released Flash, who was already turning blue in the face for a lack of oxygen. Once he was free, he took in the biggest inhale he could master.

"A top secret surprise?!" Pinkie repeated, "That means I have to keep the exciting news... *gulp* ...to myself!"

"Why are you so worried?" said Flash, "You've kept secrets before."

"Yeah, but this is so big and exciting I don't know if I can!" she cried out in hysteria while gripping the stallion tightly. He gently pushed her away.

"Okay, first of all calm down before you knock the wind, and the life, right out of me."

"But what do I do? What if I see her and I slip out by mistake?!"

Flash rubbed his chin, thinking about a solution, to which he found. "I have an idea. Got any rubber bands?"

Pinkie Pie stuck her hoof into her bouncy hair and pulled out a rubber band. Flash took the object and placed it on Pinkie's hoof. He gave it a yank and the rubber material slapped her.

"Ow! What was that for?!"

"Remember when I was so scared about slipping "I love you" to Twilight before the time was right? Well, Mako showed me this trick to help keep my mouth shut so I wouldn't slip up."

"You sure it'll help."

"It helped me."

"Well, okay. I'm trusting you."

(~)

The next day, Pinkie Pie was heading off to Twilight's castle after she had asked fro the whole gang to meet her that morning. Gummy rested on his owner's back as she tried to continuously remind herself of the secret she knew.

"Even though I didn't technically make a Pinkie Promise to Mrs. Cake, I can't tell Twilight or anypony the big news! That would make me a... a... a big old surprise ruiner! Right, Gummy?"

Gummy was sucking on pacifier, which only made Pinkie giggle, "Did you take that from Pound Cake again? Don't you know it's wrong to steal from a baby?"

"What's all this about a baby?" Rarity asked once she approached her friend. She was accompanied by Asami Sato. Their presence, and the mention of the word 'baby' was enough to trigger Pinkie's nerves as she tried to dismiss the claim.

"What? Who? What? Who said something about a baby?!"

Rarity arched an eyebrow, "You did, Ms. Pie, just now."

"Is everything okay?" Asami asked, "What were you talking about?"

Pinkie Pie started to panic, this information was too big for her to keep to herself. She then remembered the rubber hand Flash had given her and she slapped herself with it, bitting her lips and squinting her eyes as to stop herself from crying out in pain.

"Why are you slapping yourself with a rubber band?" Asami asked.

Why were they asking so many questions, Pinkie wondered. She acted fast and took the pacifier from Gummy and began sucking on it herself. She shrugged her shoulders before walking ahead towards the castle while the two still very confused Asami and Rarity arched their eyebrows. This was strange even for Pinkie Pie.

Once inside the castle, Pinkie and Rarity took their spots on their respected thrones. Pinkie saw Flash, inconspicuously pointing at his hoof, silently asking if the rubber band was working. She rubbed her hooves and smiled in response while nodding.

"Great! Everybody's here." said Twilight, looking especially happy today. All of Team Avatar Harmony had gathered together to hear the princess's announcement. Spike unfolded a scroll and Twilight levitated it.

"Now I don't have to wait any longer to tell you all the wonderful news! Somepony special is coming to visit Ponyville, and I need your help getting everything ready!"

"Ooh, who's coming?" Bolin asked excitedly.

"It's…"

"Shining Armor and Princess Cadance!" both Pinkie Pie and Twilight said in unison, which came as a bit of a surprise for many. Just how did she know? Flash hoof palmed his face. This was going to be harder than he thought.

Twilight arch an eyebrow but continued, "Yes, and they're coming—"

"Tomorrow!" the two said in unison once again. Pinkie smiled nervously, her eyes darting all over the place before landing on Flash, who even he was beginning to get nervous about her spilling the beans. Pinkie quickly slapped herself with a rubber hand underneath the table, hiding it from view and winced silently in pain.

"Yes, on the—"

"Friendship Express rather than the Crystal Empire train so as not to cause too much of a scene when they skip town to come visit?" *squee*

"Yes." Twilight responded, rather unsurely and confused as to how Pinkie Pie knew all of this in advance. Pinkie then gained up on Twilight, hoping for her to say more. Maybe she already knew the secret and she wouldn't have to hide it any longer.

"Annnnnd?"

"And that's it."

"Oh." Pinkie reeled back, her ears lowering in disappointment. So much for that hope.

"Uh, how did you know all that?" Korra asked, rather suspiciously, which would spell some very bad news for Pinkie Pie. The Avatar could always, always, always tell when one of the ponies was hiding something. It was part of their bond. But Pinkie still made an attempt to hide the secret before the time was right.

The poor pony laughed nervously, "Uh… Pinkie Sense?" she sat back on her throne and began slapping her hoof with the rubber band in an attempt to control herself.

"So, you said you needed our help with something?" Rainbow asked.

"Follow me." Twilight flapped her wings and the group followed her to her upstairs bedroom, which she had decorated with some unusual items. On the floor was a railroad track with a toy train, a chest with an assortment of boy-themed toys such as action figures, toy armor and even several comics books, an ant farm on the counter and even a few posters of action hero ponies.

"Sweet posters!" said Rainbow Dash.

Flash flew up and gasped at the pony on the image, "No way! Is that Smash Fortune? I loved his comics when I was little!"

His girlfriend giggled, "It sure is! When Shining Armor said he wanted to come to the castle and visit, I started collecting things he liked when he was a colt as a surprise!"

"Surprise?!" Pinkie Pie's head popped out from the toy chest, a warrior's helmet rested on her head. Once she saw the glare from Flash's eyes she laughed nervously before covering her face and mouth with the helmet.

Mako looked around the assortment of stallion action figures, all perfectly polished and organized for the the prince's arrival. "Wow, Twilight. You really went all out."

"You should have seen her reaction when she got the letter." said Korra, remembering the event like it was yesterday. Which it was. "She's been so excited she just couldn't keep it to myself!"

"I have no idea what that's like!" Pinkie said, her voice sounding rather muffled underneath the helmet.

Fluttershy smiled at the little insects walking within the glass case, "Aww, look at the cute little ant farm!'

"And check out all these old comic books!" Spike said as he held up one of the old books, which were all in their mint condition packaging.

"Be careful, Spike!" Korra said, "They're mint-in-bag!"

Spike blew off some of the dust from the cover…only to accidentally burn it with his fire. The dragon whistled nervously as he placed the burned remains into one of the plastic packages.

Pinkie Pie rummaged through Shinning Armor's old toys and found one that looked like a stuffed pony, similar in style to Twilight's old SmartyPants doll.

"What's this?" she asked.

"This is Brutus Force. Shining Armor used to carry him around like his baby!"

There was that "B" word again. It was like today she just couldn't catch a break. Everywhere she turned, anything she heard just made her thing about the surprise even more. She nearly dropped the toy before placing it back into the chest, laughing nervously.

"Yeah! Really cute!"

Both Korra and Twilight looked at their friend with suspicious looks. Why was she behaving so strangely, she was obviously hiding something but what. Meanwhile, Flash was having the same problem. While keeping the secret that his girlfriend was going to be an aunt was slightly less of a handful that keeping the secret he loved her until the right moment arrived, but seeing Pinkie Pie stressing out truly was making him anxious. This surprise would mean the world to Twilight, he knew that as well as anypony. If the secret came out now, who knows how devastating it would be, especially if her older brother is waiting to tell her himself. He would never take away that opportunity from either of them. He had to do something, and fast.

"It is a bit juvenile for castle décor, but it is very sweet of you." Rarity said.

"I'm sure Shining Armor will love it." Asami said with a kind smile.

Twilight smiled in response, "Me, too. But there's a few more things I'd like to add before he gets here, and I could really use a hoof collecting them."

"Whatever you need, sugarcube, we'll help you get it." said Applejack.

"We'll make sure Shinny and Cadie have the best time once they get here." said Korra, and later receiving a few surprised looks from the others, "What? They're practically my family too."

"Thanks, Korra." Twilight said, "Thanks, everybody! I just can't wait 'til they walk in and see everything!"

"Totally understandable." said Bolin, "Varrick always says; Watching somebody else be surprised with something is almost better than being the one who's getting the surprise!"

"There's a shock." Mako said, more so to himself.

"But… eh…" Pinkie Pie crawled out of the toy chest, her eyes widening more and more with each passing word and heart beat, "what if the surprise is something so incredibly exciting that a pony can't keep it in any longer, and she has to tell the pony standing next to her what it is or she might explode?!

She hugged Fluttershy so tight she nearly knocked the wind right out of her. "I would say... no." the yellow pegasus responded.

"That'd be as bad a breaking a Pinkie Promise." said Bolin, "Probably worse."

Rarity then started to gain up on Pinkie Pie, "The pony who ruins a surprise for somepony else has to live with that guilt forever!"

Pinkie Pie laughed nervously before sucking in her lips. It was clear now that she couldn't be around her friends, if she were she could no doubt spill the news at some point. She had been strong long enough, but how long will this last?

"Gotta bounce!" rolling herself into a ball, Pinkie Pie began bouncing around the room like a ping-pong ball before crashing into the wall of the castle and running off. The others looked on in confusion and Rainbow Dash spoke up, "So, I know the bar is set pretty high, but does anybody else think Pinkie Pie was acting weirder than usual?"

"She looked like she was hiding something." Korra said.

Flash's eyes darted around the room, he was the only one who knew about the secret, and he couldn't let Korra find out. If she did, the Twilight would find out as well. He had to act fast.

"You know what, I just remembered, I was suppose to ask Pinkie for an order of caramel frosted cupcakes. You know they're Cadance's favorites."

"That's a great idea, Flash!" Twilight said before hugging him, "Thanks again for helping me with this. You're the greatest."

Hearing her words and having her cheek nuzzle against his only made him realize he needed to keep Pinkie Pie as far away from her and the others as possible. He had to do it for both Twilight's sake as well as for Pinkie's sanity.

(~)

Pinkie Pie zoomed across town before reaching Sugar Cube Corner and closed the door shut while breathing heavily. "Phew, that was close! Too close. I almost spilled the beans. Beans that would be really hard to clean up! And this rubber hand isn't helping me at all!" she angrily removed the rubber band and threw it away before rubbing her leg.

"All it's done is give me a bad case of hoof burn. I obviously can't be around my friends right now. Or anypony for that matter! Hmmm... That's it! If Shining Armor and Cadance are coming tomorrow, then all I have to do is lock myself in my room away from everypony until they arrive! Then I won't ruin anything!"

"Oh, good, you're back!" the door opened and Pinkie Pie was caught unaware when Mr. Cake walked in, just as she was about to head upstairs to lock herself in. What did he want now?

"Mrs. Cake needs my help, but these deliveries can't wait! I can't thank you enough for agreeing to be my backup delivery pony, Pinkie!"

"I… did?"

Twenty four hours earlier….

Mr. Cake recounted the boxes he had stocked onto his cake cart, "Maybe I should hire somepony to be my backup delivery pony." he said.

"I'll do it!" Pinkie said, while she stirred the bowl of chocolate cake batter while sitting on the front porch of the store.

"Really?"

"Sure! There's no possible way that I could ever have anything that might interfere with doing that task, like a gigantic, emotionally exhausting surprise that would make it super hard to be around other ponies."

"Great! Uh, you're sure you won't change your mind?"

"No way! Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye!"

Twenty four hours latter…

"Oh, yeah. I Pinkie Promised I'd do it. And I never break a Pinkie Promise! Never!"

"Well, thanks again! You're a real cake-saver!"

Once Mr. Cake left, Pinkie sighed, her puffy mane practically deflating as he laid on the stairs, looking distraught. The last thing she needed was to have to speak to other ponies, if she did her excitement would get the better of her and the news would slip up.

"Hm. Maybe it'll be a quiet day and I can just avoid everypony!"

She smiled optimistically and opened the door…to see so many familiar ponies she already knew up and about around town, talking and minding their own business. This was going to be harder than she thought.

(~)

Regardless of the station, Pinkie Pie couldn't break her Pinkie Promise to Mr. Cake. She placed on a disguise, which was really one of those plastic funny glasses with the red nose, fake eyebrows and mustache, and tiptoed her way across town, the wagon of cakes's polls were attached to her back in order to pull it. She made an effort not to be so obvious and hid as quickly as she could behind every tree, house, bush and stand she could find. So far so good, she thought. Maybe she would catch a break and she would have nothing to worry about afterwords. Of so she thought...

"Hiya, Pinkie Pie!"

She heard Apple Bloom call out her name. The Cutie Mark Crusaders, now with their brand new cutie marks, walked up to their friend who began to sweat nervously.

"Heard any good gossip today?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"Yeah, we're bored." said Scootaloo, "Please say you have some interesting news."

Pinkie's eyes darted back and forth, forcing a wide smile on her face as to not raise any suspicions. "Nope!" she responded quickly before dashing off, away from the fillies. That was too close.

She continued to run as fast as her hooves to could take, before she bumped into somepony else. Her 'disguise' fell off and landed on the head of Flash Sentry, who was looking for her.

"Oh, Pinkie! Thank goodness, I was looking for you."

"Flash! I don't know how much longer I can take this? I thought I could just avoid everypony but then I remembered I promised to be Mr. Cake's backup delivery pony and your rubber band didn't help and--" she stooped once Flash covered her mouth.

"Okay listen, I'm the only other pony who knows about the surprise, right?"

"Right." Pinkie responded, her voice sounding muffled under his hoof, which still covered her mouth.

"So, why don't I help you deliver these cakes and that way you can get the job done faster and you can relax until tomorrow." he said while removing his hoof.

"You'd do that for me?"

"Of course! And trust me, it'll all be worth it in the end."

"Thanks, Flash! You know, I don't care what other ponies say about you, you're a great guy and Twilight's lucky to have you!"

"Thanks…wait, who says what about me?"

Pinkie's eyes darted back and forth nervously, "Nothing! Anyway--" she rummaged through the wagon and pulled out a stack of cake boxes, "--take these deliveries to the east side, I'll take the west!"

"There you two are!"

The two ponies flinched when Fluttershy appeared. "Fluttershy, what a surprise!" Pinkie said before catching what she just said, "I mean, not a surprise!"

"You were in such a rush earlier. Twilight wanted me to ask you if you would bring some snacks to the castle for Shining Armor and Cadance's visit."

"Definitely! Got it! Pinkie Promise! Yeah! Heh." Pinkie laughed nervously as she attempted to politely leave.

"You know, maybe some baby carrots…"

Flash flinched at the "b" word while Pinkie Pie reverted back, still laughing nervously, "What did you say?!"

"Baby carrots! They're Shining Armor's favorite."

"Mine too! Baby carrots are kinda like big carrots but smaller, kinda like how foals are tiny versions of their parents but smaller and cuter and—" Pinkie stopped after Flash covered her mouth with his hoof, again.

"Oh, look and albino squirrel!" eh shouted while pointing his hoof to the air and Fluttershy looked around.

"Where? Is it Albert?" but once she spun around she didn't find her squirrel friend…and Flash and Pinkie Pie had disappeared, probably to go and find what they were asked to get.

The two ponies hid behind a house and Flash sighed in relief, "Okay, I'll take care of these deliveries." he said, "And try to avouch as many ponies as you can."

"Got it!" Pinkie Pie took out a helmet and placed it over her head, "It's time to kick this operation into hyper-hoof!"

And the two were off, Flash carried the boxes both on his back and with his front hooves while Pinkie Pie took care of the rest of the deliveries. Pinkie managed to place the boxes in the front porches of the pony's homes without so much as even making eye contact. Flash was able to hand the residence their cakes with ease, while also getting a few little foals to want his autograph. News of him being the Princess's boyfriend did make him a bit of a celebrity for some of the younger negations, while for some strange reason some of the older ponies…didn't seem to like him for some reason. Weird.

As Pinkie Pie ran across town making the deliveries, while also avoiding her friends at every turn, she came up with new and creative ways to deliver the cakes without needing to talk to anypony. One example was when she used a crossbow to zip line Rarity's cake order and another when she used a toy boat to give a young foal his birthday cake. But while things were going smoothly, she still felt terrible at needing to avoid her friends, who kept on running into her, waving and smiling, but he sadly had to run pass them.

Once she was done with her deliveries, she met up with Flash near a cavern. The stallion wiped his brow, "Phew! That was a workout. How'd you do, Pink?"

The pony lowered her hears sadly, "Not so good. It didn't feel good ignoring my friends like that…"

"I know, but it'll be fine. They'll find out once Shinning Armor and Cadance give Twilight the big news. I personally can't wait to see the look in her eyes when she does."

As much as Pinkie Pie wanted her friend to be surprised, she still couldn't keep this whole thing in any longer. "Yeah, you're right." she spotted a female pony drinking inside the cavern from the window outside, "Maybe I can tell just one little pony the surprise?"

"No!" Flash quickly shielded the view of the pony, "Remember what Rarity said: The pony who ruins a surprise for somepony else must live with that guilt forever!"

"You're right Flash, except for your really, really bad Rarity impersonation. I can't tell anypony at all!" she said, making Flash arch an eyebrow. Was him impression of the unicorn that bad?

"Then they would tell Twilight, and she wouldn't be surprised, and it would be all my fault." Pinkie said with a saddle sigh and covered her face with her hooves. Flash placed a hoof on her back in sympathy.

"It's going to be fine, you only got eight more hours to go. Now that the deliveries are done, you can take a break. Oh, that reminds me, I told Twilight I'd get her some caramel frosted cupcakes for Cadance. Do you mind?"

"Not at all, come on!"

(~)

Back at Sugar Cube Corner, Pinkie Pie opened up a cabinet with a batch of caramel cupcakes for Flash. "Here you go, the Cakes just made a fresh batch!"

"Thanks, Pinkie Pie."

The pink pony sighed once her body collapsed on the floor, "Finally, I'm all aloney on my owney."

Flash then felt something nod on his tail. He narrowed his eyes deadpanly at seeing Gummy chew on his tail. "I think Gummy's hungry." he said, before taking notice of a piece of paper the gator was chewing on as well at the same time he chewed on Flash's tail.

"Wow, great idea! I'm starving too!" Pinkie said, talking out a green apple from her hair and ate it all in just one bite, "This apple is delicious!"

Flash removed the letter from the left side of Gummy's mouth and the stallion winced, "Uh, Pinkie you might want to read this."

The pony took the paper and gasped in horror, "Oh, no! It's the list that Twilight helped me make yesterday so I wouldn't forget all of my Pinkie Promises today!" she fell down on the floor, "And I have three more things to do! Aw, four if you count bringing those snacks to Twilight's castle!"

"You've been getting liberal with those Pinkie Promises lately…"

"Yeah, I noticed."

"Need some more help?"

"No, I think I can handle the rest on my own. You take those cakes to Twilight, I'll meet up with you guys latter. Thanks again for your help, Flash."

"Anytime, Pink. Good luck…you're gonna need it." he said the last part in a whisper.

"What was that?"

"Nothing!" he quickly responded before zipping out.

(~)

One of the three last things for Pinkie Pie to do was make ballon animals at the annual school fair at the Ponyville School House. A line of happy fillies awaited as Pinkie made adorable ballon creatures with ease. Next up was Sweetie Belle.

"Ooh! I want a flamingo!" she walked off happily with her new ballon flamingo, which Pinkie made in nearly two seconds.

"I want a goldfish!" said Apple Bloom, and she got just that from the kind pony. Scootaloo was next, but she didn't have a specific animal in mind.

"Surprise me!"

Pinkie Pie inflated a pink and blue balloons and began creating something for the filly. She heard crying and spotted a mother pushing her stroller nearby, with her baby crying. A baby, the very thing Cadance and Shinning Armor were going to have, and the very secret she needed to keep. She was so distracted she didn't notice what she had done with the balloons.

"Is that a... baby bottle?"

Pinkie Pie screamed once she realized what she had constructed, "No! It's a... a... puppy! Ha ha, woof woof, ha ha! Eh…"

"Are you sure? Because it looks like a—" Scootaloo was silenced once Pinkie placed the top of the ballon bottle into the filly's mouth.

"Next!"

Scootaloo decided to go along with this. She did say she wanted to be surprised, and you don't get more of a surprise than a baby bottle. Next in line was a little pegasus foal names Featherweight. "Uh, a baby pony, please!" he said kindly, "Uh, unless of course that would be a royal pain…"

Baby pony and royal. The two words were just too coincidental for her not to be thinking about the secret she was suppose to keep. She gained up on the pony, eying him suspiciously.

"Interesting choice of words, Featherweight."

"Was it?"

"I don't know. Was it?"

"Uh, maybe you'd better just make me a giraffe."

(~)

Back in Republic City, Flash was placing the now clean and dry plates back onto the shelves. He was feeling pretty relaxed right now, but at the back of his mind he still couldn't stop thinking about Pinkie Pie. He feared she would spill the news to somepony. He should have stayed with her, he should have helped her. This was too big a deal to leave behind.

"Hey, bro!" Bolin said as he walked into the apartment. Mako wasn't far behind, and neither were his children, Ali, Mika and San. The two were out buying more of the things Twilight had asked.

"Asami lent me her Pai Cho board. Twilight said Cadance is a real pro at the game." he said as he placed the box with the board and items onto the table. "You know, there's something I always kind of wondered. If Cadance and Shinning Armor ever have kids--"

At the mention of the word, Flash nearly dropped the plate he was drying and spun around, his eyes widening. "Kid?! What kid? Who said anything about a kid? What do you know?!"

The two human brothers blinked and Bolin rose up his hands in surrender. "I was just going to ask if they ever had a kid it would be an alicorn? I mean, I know Celestia and Luna are natural born alicorns, but both of their parents were alicorns, so would the same apply to Cadie and Shinny? Just something I've always wondered, that's all."

"Maybe you can ask them when they come tomorrow." Mako said jokingly, but Flash did not get the joke.

"Or not!" he exclaimed rathe quickly, "I mean, that's their business, we shouldn't get involved, is all I'm saying."

"Flash, relax. I was just kidding."

The anxious pony laughed nervously, "Ha, ha! Of course you were! Funny, he, eh…gotta bounce!" he quickly zipped out of the room in flight, slamming the door once he did.

"What's gotten into him?" Mako asked while raising an eyebrow.

(~)

Pinkie Pie flung the folders like a ninja and each one landed perfectly into the cabinets. Using her airbending, Pinkie closed them all in an instants. Mayor Mare entered and was impressed with the pony's neat organizing skills.

"My, your friends weren't kidding when they said you had a great filing system, Pinkie! You are Ponyville's best kept secret!"

The pony flinched, "No, I'm not!" she walked over back to the desk and neatly pilled up more papers when the mayor began speaking to her in a hushed tone.

"Speaking of secrets, have you ever known somepony else's secret?"

Pinkie Pie flinched once more and she dropped the papers she was holding. Why was this older pony tempting her so?

"Noooooo…" she responded before sucking in her lips, preventing herself from peaking anymore. But the mayor really wasn't helping.

"A surprise that was so big and exciting that it was all you could think about?"

The pink pony was sweating, her lips threatening to reveal the truth and her heart was pounding fast against her chest. She had to get out of there too.

"Nope!"

With the powers of the wind itself, she flew herself out of the filling room, leaving Mayor Mare to strangledly sigh. "Me neither…"

(~)

Pinkie Pie's next favor was to help a Furniture Salespony inflate his dancing ballon pony for his new store sale. The Salespony laughed at the funny ballon creature. "That's just what I wanted. Thanks, Pinkie!"

"You're welcome!"

"Oh, by the way, can you help spread the word about the big crib sale I'm having?"

Pinkie looked at the poster he had placed and read the words out loud. ""Treat your foal like... royalty"?!" oh no, here we go again she thought. The poster made her think about her secret again. This was simply not her day.

"Pretty good slogan, huh? I came up with it all by myself!"

This was all too much for Pinkie Pie to take. She couldn't take anymore of the temptations, she just couldn't. She screamed at the top of her lungs, her movements in perfect sync with the movement of the ballon dancing pony, and ran as fast as her hooves could take her. The salespony looked on in confusion.

"Oh. I thought it was clever."

(~)

With his hands in his pockets, Flash wandered around the streets of the city, trying to calm himself down. "Okay, get it together, Sentry. You can trust Pinkie Pie. She's stronger than she looks. She won't ruin the surprise that would mean the world to Shinning Armor and Cadance that would bring so much happiness to their family. And I said I would help." he shook his head, "But, she said she could handle it and I should trust her…right?"

"How could you?!"

Flash flinched when he saw two human girls arguing in front of a cafe. It was like some kind of sign.

"How could you just tell the secret like that?!" the taller girl shouted.

"I'm sorry!" the shorter one said, pleading for forgiveness, "I tried to keep it a secret but I couldn't help it! It just slipped out. I tried and I tried but--oh, I'm so sorry! Please forgive me!"

"Your ruined everything!"

"Everything….everything….everything….everything…."

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!" what was he thinking, he never should have left Pinkie Pie alone. If she spilled the secret it would be his fault too for not helping her. Maybe he was being too confident at the moment, maybe she did need help and just didn't want to admit it. That was it, he needed to do something and fast.

He flew off faster than lightning, leaving the two girls rather surprised as they held onto the papers they both carried. "Was it that bad?" The taller one asked.

"Maybe we should try it from the top. And try to get even angrier this time, maybe shed a tear or two." the shorter one cleared her throat and the two resumed rehearsing their lines.

(~)

The next day, Team Avatar Harmony was hard at work organizing the castle for the royal couple's visit. Pinkie Pie was heading towards the castle with two trays of baby carrots, along with a few more green vegetables.

"Pinkie Pie!" Flash came in landing in front of her, "Please tell me you didn't tell the secret!"

"I didn't."

"Oh, Phew." he sighed in relief, "Thank goodness. I mean, not that I didn't trust you, it's just--"

"Don't worry, I understand. I wasn't so sure if I trusted myself either. But don't worry, they're coming today and this whole thing will be over."

"Music to my ears!"

The two friends walked into the castle when Korra spotted the two and the tray of snacks Pinkie had brought, "Those look delicious, Pinkie! Let me help you!" the Avatar levitated the trays onto the table, "But we better cover them up so they don't get spoiled." she said before covering them with two lids.

"Why would they get spoiled?" Pinkie asked, "We're all gonna eat them super soon!"

"Good thing, I'm getting hungry." said Flash.

"Oh, didn't anyone tell you?" Korra asked, "Shining Armor and Cadance got held up so they won't be here 'til Saturday."

"Whaaaaaaaaaat?!" both Flash Sentry and Pinkie Pie shot up into the air, landing onto the branches of the tree root chandelier of the castle, the roots that once belonged to the Golden Oak library. The poor ponies were hyperventilating.

"You mean…" Pinkie breathed in,

"We have…" Flash breathed in,

"to wait…" Pinkie breathed in,

"another whole day?!" the two screamed in terror.

"I don't know if I can!" Pinkie cried out while holding onto the branch.

"Neither do I!" Flash exclaimed in equal terror.

From down bellow, the others looked at their distraught friends. Mako and Bolin already had a hunch something was up with Flash Sentry ever since yesterday's outburst. And Pinkie Pie had been acting strangely all day long. There just had to be something going on.

"Pinkie, Flash, do you have something you need to say?" Twilight asked sympathetically, "You seem like you've been keeping something in."

"Flash, what's going on?" Mako asked kindly to his brother.

The two ponies on the branches looked at one another and then back at their friends. Pinkie inarticulately yelled before covering her mouth. Korra flew up and took the pony into her arms like a little child.

"It's okay." she said, while Fluttershy hovered beside her.

"We're here to listen." said the yellow pegasus, but Pinkie only shook her head.

Twilight flew up and placed a hoof on her boyfriend's shoulder, "Flash, you know you can tell me anything."

He knew that indeed, but this was just one thing he just couldn't tell her.

"Well, go on then, sugarcubes." Applejack said from down bellow.

"We're not going to judge you, darlings." Rarity said.

Spike gave them both his big puppy eyes, "You'll feel so much better once you get it off your chest!"

Pinkie Pie began blowing on a ballon so hard that it popped. Korra held the pony close, holding her in a motherly embrace while smiling down at her. "Whatever it is, you can tell us. We're best friends."

And there it was, the friend card. Now Pinkie Pie was torn. She looked back at Flash, who shook his head. Still, she couldn't keep all of this questioning. She couldn't say it, but the words kept on chanting in her head. Repeating over, and over and over again.

Friends! Friends! Friends! Tell! Tell! Tell! Friends! Friends! Friends! Tell! Tell! Tell!

Finally she could take no more, "Okay, okay, you win!"

"Pinkie, no!" Flash exclaimed, but it was too late. Pinkie Pie inhaled deeply before speaking.

"Shining Armor and Cadance are gonna have a—"

"An awesome weekend with the best little sister in all of Equestria!"

The doors opened and standing there was none other than the royal couple themselves. Shinning Armor and Cadance smiled upon seeing all of their closest friends. The stallion had his hoof around his wife, who giggled upon entering.

"Hi, everypony."

Pinkie Pie had never been so happy to be interrupted in her entire life. She exhaled in great relief, causing her to fall from Korra's arms. Even Flash could get a breather. The Heavens had mercy on both of them today. And not a moment too soon.

Twilight and Korra landed and the violet alicorn leaped with joy upon seeing her brother and sister-in-law. "Shining Armor, Cadance! You're early! I thought something had come up and you weren't gonna make it until Saturday!"

"So did we." Cadance explained, "Turned out we weren't needed in Maretonia until next week. And the summit we were supposed to attend today had to be rescheduled, so... we got here even sooner than planned!"

"Surprise!" Shinning Armor ruffled his little sister's mane and hugged her tightly. Korra squatted down and the prince smile at the human princess. "Korra, looking sharp as always."

The Avatar giggled, "It's great to see you too, Shiny." the two hugged in greeting. Since Korra was, in a lot of ways, Twilight's sister, that made her on good terms with Shinning Armor as well, who welcomed the princess like a second sister. And one with whom he could share his love of sports and battle strategies with..

"It's wonderful to see you all again!" Cadance said and the rest of the Mane Six plus Asami gathered happily to greet her. The princess also gave a hug to Korra, her fellow princess.

Flash approached the princess and Twilight, "You remember Flash, right?"

"Good to see you, Sir." Flash greeted the prince, who arched an eyebrow at him.

"I sure hope you're not getting my little sister into any more trouble, Sentry."

The pegasus became nervous, "Uh, no, no sir!"

Twilight rolled her eyes, "Quit scaring him, Shinning Armor."

"What? I'm just kidding." he said. Flash offered him his hoof, waiting for the signature 'bro-hoof' gesture from him. But Shinning Armor only arched an eyebrow at him, making the younger stallion slowly lower his hoof and smiled awkwardly. He may be on good terms with the prince, but not that good terms.

"Mako, Bolin! My main boys!" Shinning Armor and the two brothers bro hoofed one another and gave one another nudges. Flash lowered his eyes in annoyance.

"Oh, sure they get the bro-hoof and I get the cold shoulder!" Flash muttered under his breath.

"I'm so glad you're here!" Twilight said to her brother, "I have a big surprise for you!"

"Oh, yeah?" Shinning Armor grinned, his bleu eyes darting towards a certain pink pony, who was sucking her lips in an attempt to keep her mouth shut. Flash saw this and grew worried. Would Pinkie Pie get in trouble now?

The group walked down the hallways, the girls all giggling while catching up with one another while Mako, Bolin and Spike helped with the couple's bags. Pinkie Pie and Flash Sentry walked several steps farther away from the rest, catching up with Shinning Armor, who spoke to her in a hushed tone.

"Lucky we came when we did, huh? I'm guessing you saw the scroll we sent to Mr. and Mrs. Cake?" he asked, making the teo ponies blush. "Hey, I'm impressed you've been able to keep our secret this long!"

"So you're gonna tell Twilight now?!" Pinkie asked, only to be hushed when Shinning Armor covered her mouth and looked back, making sure the others didn't hear. Thankfully, they were all too busy chatting to notice.

"You're gonna have to wait just a little bit longer. We have something special planned. It'll be worth it, I promise." the prince smiled before walking off to catch up with the others, leaving Flash to sigh in relief and Pinkie Pie to narrow her eyes.

"It'd better be."

(~)

After the royal couple got settled into the castle, Team Avatar was walking towards the town square where they said they would meet their guests. Shinning Armor said he had something planned for them, which really awoke Twilight's curiosity. Knowing her brother, he wanted to make something special. He was always so thoughtful towards everypony.

But the waiting wasn't helping Pinkie Pie. As she tried to keep herself from spilling the secret, Flash was helping her to calm down by breathing in an out.

"In and out. In an out." he repeated and the pony followed his instructions, but even so she was still sweating. The rubber band didn't help her, and the breathing thing wasn't so much help either. Still, this was an effort they both needed to do. For Twilight.

"So, do you think Shining Armor liked his surprise?" Asami asked the alicorn pony.

"Didn't you see him? He couldn't stop raving about it!" Twilight giggled at the memory of her brother going absolutely insane with all of the wonderful toys and nostalgia items from his childhood. He tapped happily on the ant farm, he used to love these as a foal, he hugged Brutus Horse, screamed for a moment when he saw the burned comic book, curtesy of Spike, but he recollected as he and his little sister spun around like he used to do to her when she was young. He was such a happy pony.

"Where did Shining Armor and Cadance say they'd meet us?" Rainbow asked, her stomach rumbling, "I'm starving!"

"In the town square." Korra said, "I wish they'd waited to walk over with us, but they said they had something to take care of first!"

"They're gonna have a lot more to take care of soon…" Pinkie said to Flash through her gritted teeth.

"What?"

"Nothiiiiiiing!" Flash immediately began pushing Pinkie Pie away from the others before anything else slipped out. The others simply shrugged while the two whistled innocently while leaning against the fountain of the square. The fountain had the statue of a pony, but that was all they could see. There was no sign of the prince and princess anywhere.

"That's odd." Twilight said, looking around, "Usually they're quite punctual."

Rainbow Dash groaned while gripping her stomach and hitting the head of the statue impatiently, "Ughhh! I need a hayburger in my belly right now!" with every tap, a scroll from inside the statue pony's mouth slipped out, landing on Asami's head, catching her by surprise.

"Seriously, why does this always happen to me?" she asked, wondering why she would often be surprised by something falling from the sky and landing on her head. At least it wasn't a flower pot.

"What's this?" Twilight asked as she levitated the scroll that landed on Asami and unfolded it. She gasped with glee.

"What does it say?" Korra asked curiously.

"A scavenger hunt! Shining Armor used to set these up for me when I was a filly!"

As if Pinkie Pie wasn't having enough problems, now they had to do a scavenger hunt, no doubt Shinning Armor's way of easing the surprise for Twilight. Admittedly it was adorable, but Pinkie Pie was already getting too anxious to wait any longer, and Flash knew this. He bit on his hoof nervously while Pinkie Pie kept on covering her mouth and sucking in her lips, all the while Twilight's eyes sparkled at her old childhood memories.

"At the end, there was always a big prize, like a new book, or several new books, or—"

"We get the picture, babe! You like books!" Flash covered his mouth due to his slip up, but her talking was making Pinkie anxious all the more, he had to do something before she spilled the secret.

"I've never been on a scavenger hunt before! This is gonna be so much fun!" said Bolin, clapping his hands like a child, "What's the first clue?"

"I hope it's something about eating lunch!" Rainbow said with a whine.

Pinkie Pie snatched the paper from Twilight and read the words quickly, "You've got a scroll, you're on a roll, why don't you take a peek where young ones spend their week? A piece of paper will continue this caper."

"That's an easy one." said Korra.

"What do you mean?" Fluttershy asked.

"Where the young ones spend their week. It's a no brainer."

"She's right!" said Twilight, "It's the Ponyville Schoolhouse!"

"You guys are good." said Mako.

"Let's go!" Pinkie Pie shouted before zipping away, leaving the others behind in the dust. Seeing their delay she zipped back and shoved them all forward at once. "Move, move, move!"

(~)

In no time at all, the group made it to the Schoohouse. "We're here!" Pinkie said, "Now where's the next clue?" she asked before she began panting like a dog and began sniffing the ground. Twilight's eyes darted to Flash, since he was also acting a tad strangely today as well, but he simply shrugged his shoulders trying to look innocent.

Pinkie Pie dug her nose into a buck, when a lief landed on her nose and she sneezed before scratching her ear with her back leg like a dog.

"Extra, extra! Get your Ponyville news! Read it in the paper!" Featherweight walked on by, carrying stacks of newspapers. What they didn't know was that Cadance had kindly asked him to participate in the little game.

"What else did the note say again?" Korra asked her fellow princess, who pondered.

"A piece of paper will continue this caper." she repeated before gasping, "It's in the Foal Free Press!" Twilight galloped happily and asked Featherweight for a paper, to which he happily gave her. She opened the article and the rest gained up behind her in an effort to find the next clue. Rarity pointed her hoof to one story in the paper.

"Ooh, look at that dress Mayor Mare is wearing in the social report! Why, it's stunning!"

"Uh, didn't you make that, Rarity?" Mako asked, while arching an eyebrow at the unicorn, who only flipped her mane proudly.

"Yes, what is your point?"

"Focus, everybody!" Pinkie Pie's head popped right through the paper, surprising everybody, before she continued searching for the clue herself.

"You know, there's really no time limit on these scavenger hunts, Pinkie." Twilight said, somewhat in amusement.

"Seriously, you're nuttier today than Asami when she's high on Apple Cider." Applejack stated, making the heiress narrow her eyes in annoyance.

"I thought we agreed never to speak of that out in the open." the heiress said through gritted teeth.

"Aha! There!"

Pinkie tapped on the paper once she found the clue. Korra noticed it and began reading it out loud, "Though this hall is rather small, in it you'll find files of all kinds. Take a look on the back of the birth certificate of Applejack."

All eyes darted to the country pony, who was quite surprised by what the new clue said. "I don't like where this is goin'." she said.

Flash took the lead on this one, "It's clearly talking about City Hall, let's go!"

At his command, Pinkie Pie began pushing the others towards City Hall just like she did when they arrived at the Schoolhouse. She really was acting nuttier today.

(~)

They finally arrived at City Hall, where Mayor Mare was waiting for them. She waved and smiled upon their arrival, to which Pinkie Pie came to a screeching halt before zipping towards the building. The others took their time getting up but Flash was also in a rush. He had been patient long enough, now he was just as anxious for the secret to be out as much as Pinkie Pie.

The others walked calmly inside the building, seeing the Mayor galloping in place like she was excited about something. She too knew about the secret, she finally found a secret worth keeping. Once they were in, the Mayor voiced out, "Baby! A royal ba—!" she was silenced when Pinkie Pie covered her mouth.

"A-hem?"

"Does anypony know where the birth certificates are kept?" Flash asked.

"Ooh! I do, I do!" Pinkie zipped back in to show the others the way, "Go down that hall, then you take a left, then a right, then another right, then a slight left, and it's the third door from the right!"

"Wow, Pinkie. I never knew you knew so much about town hall." Fluttershy said, impressed.

Pinkie's eyes widened, "There's a lot of things I know! That you don't know I know!" she quickly sucked in her lips and Flash took the lead once more.

"Enough chit-chat, let's find that third clue!" he said before zipping away to where Pinkie said, shoving her along as he did. Once there, Pinkie pulled out the folder with Applejack's birth certificate, which depicted a beautiful imaged of the pony when she was a newborn.

"Awwwww!" The others couldn't help but gush over how adorable Applejack used to be. They just wanted to wrap the little infant up and hug her tightly. She was that adorable. Applejack herself blushed at their reactions and just turned the paper over to which they found the fourth clue. Twilight read the words out loud.

"This next place is where you can buy a table or chair, or some comfy beds to rest little heads"?"

Pinkie Pie immediately knew what this clue was, having been to the furniture store just yesterday where they had a sale on cribs. With Flash being aware of the secret, and already figuring out this scavenger hunt was to hint upon the baby before the big reveal, he also placed the pieces together when he heard "little heads". Both he and Pinkie zipped out of the room but stopped when the others were still thinking it over.

Flash groaned, "Ugh, really? None of you?" with Pinkie's help they both shoved the group towards their destination.

"It's obviously the furniture store!" Pinkie exclaimed once they arrived, pointing her hoof to the entrance, "Go in, go in, go in!"

But Twilight wasn't so certain if this was the place the clue was hinting at. "I don't know…"

"Daagh, fine!" both Flash and Pinkie went in and, after hearing some rumbling and commotion from inside the store, both ponies came out with a baby crib. Pinkie Pie was inside it while Flash was pushing it outside. Both pointed to the piece of paper tapped onto the rip. They were right the whole time.

"Wow, you guys scary good at this." Rainbow commented.

Pinkie Pie red the clue quickly, "It seems we've saved the best for last. We hope that you have had a blast. Now it's time to take a break where you can get a slice of cake!"

"Sugarcube Corner!" the whole team, minus Flash and Pinkie, all said in unison.

Pinkie scoffed, "That was an easy one."

Flash took this moment to sigh and collapse on the ground in relief. It was finally over.

(~)

The group entered the bakery, to where they saw the interior decorated with party decorations. The royal couple stood at the center of the room, their smiles beaming almost as beautifully as they did on their wedding day.

"Surprise!" Shinning Armor ruffled his littler sister's mane, "Twily, did you like the scavenger hunt?"

"It was perfect! Just like old times, except even better because this time I got to share it with my best friends!" she said with a smile, right before Pinkie Pie arrived last, alongside Flash. Both were smiling happily.

Twilight began searching the room, "There's just one thing missing, isn't there?"

"What's that?" her brother asked.

"Mmmm, the book prize at the end!"

Shining Armor laughed as he stood beside his wife, "There's still a prize, but it's a little different this time."

Twilight tilted her head in confusion, "Oh. I don't understand."

From behind her, Pinkie and Flash giggled quietly in excitement. "This is it." said the stallion, excited to see the look on his girlfriend's faced. It was that very face that would make this whole thing worth it.

"All the places we sent you today had something in common." Cadance said with a wink. Twilight began thinking over all the clues they had uncovered so far from their fun little adventure. There must have been some kind of bigger clue in there, but just what was it. As she thought, Flash noticed Pinkie was loosing it again.

"First we went to the schoolhouse…" Twilight began, all the while Pinkie Pie trembled, and Flash held her in place so she wouldn't explode.

"And then we read the Foal Free Press..."

Pinkie's mouth opened against her will and Flash immediately covered it. They were so close, just a few more seconds.

"After that we found Applejack's birth certificate... And then the last clue was under a crib."

Pinkie Pie held the two baby cake twins to help Twilight with the mystery, which really wasn't much of one in her case, but itw as for Twilight because she knew nothing about it.

"Hmmm… School... foal... birth certificate... and crib…"

THis was taking longer than Pinkie expected, she was about to explode. She couldn't take anymore secrecy. Her boiling point was reaching its all time high. Flash tried his best to hold the pony down, covering her mouth and keeping her from exploding, but her strength was unmatched as her body trembled, her eyes widened and even Flash was loosing his grip on her mouth. She was about to reveal the truth, until Twilight released a gasp.

"Can it be? Are you two…?!"

"We're having a baby!" Cadance and Shining Armor parted in order to reveal a large cake, decorated with baby bottles and a crib-toy ornament at the top.

This was it, the secret was finally out. Flash released Pinkie, who literally bursted upwards, smiling widely like never before. "A baby, Twilight! It's a baby! Woo-hoo!"

The happy pony bounced all around the room like a pingpong ball, cheering happily at the news. A news she already knew in advance, but was so inexplicably happy to know she didn't have to hide it any longer!

Team Avatar could not believed their ears, their friends were going to be parents. Korra and Asami shrieked with glee while the two brothers cheered and high fiver. The Mane Six galloped while cheering happily. Flash sighed in relief, taking a long needed breather. He did it, he helped Pinkie keep the secret.

While the others were celebrating, Twilight was still jaw dropped shocked, "You mean... I'm going to be an aunt?!" once the revelation sunk in deeper the alicorn couldn't even begin to explain the joy she felt in her heart. Her brother was going to be a father, and he was going to be the aunt of a beautiful little foal. Her family was growing, and the royal couple did all of this because they knew it would be a much better gift than any dusty old book.

And there it was, the look Flash had been waiting to see since he knew of the secret…his girlfriend's eyes sparkling and her wings flapping gracefully and the smile that dawned on her face. It was enough to fill his own heart with joy.

"This is the best prize ever!" the princess hugged her siblings, "Oh, I love you guys! And I can't wait to meet your little foal!"

"Neither can we." said Shinning Armor.

Bolin was as ecstatic as the rest, "This is amazing! A new little addition to the family!"

"I'm so happy for you two!" Korra said as she embraced the couple in a hug and all the others gathered to congratulate them on their future child.

Flash was surprised when Pinkie Pie hugged him tightly, "We did it, Flash!" she cheered before hopping around him, "We did it, we did it, we did it, we did it!"

"Ha, ha, we sure did!" Flash said with a chuckle…right before the poor pony literally fell to pieces on the floor. Odd, but at least she was finally relieved of that load of stress.

"Go, Team."

The Cakes congratulated the couple and the party commenced. Family and friends couldn't be happier, a new life coming into the world truly was something to celebrate, especially since it was one coming into their own family. Flash watched as his girlfriend couldn't stop galloping happily around the room. She surprised him with a great hug.

"Flash, I can't thank you enough!"

"Wait, what?!"

"Shinning Armor told me everything. You and Pinkie Pie knew this whole time."

Flash gulped, "Well…yeah, we did. I'm sorry, I knew this would make you happy and I didn't want to spoil the surprise. That's why I've been acting so weird, and I've been trying to help Pinkie to keep the secret."

"I'm not surprised. I bet anybody would have had trouble keeping something this big a secret for much longer. Especially Pinkie Pie."

"Just be happy Bolin never found out. He would have blabbed in two seconds flat."

"True that." Twilight said with a giggle. "But I'm surprised you managed so well."

"Well, the thought of seeing that look on your face was what kept me going."

"Awww, Flash you're the greatest boyfriend ever." the princess thanks her beloved with a loving kiss on the lips. "I love you."

"I love you, too."

Shinning Armor approached the two and smiled at the stallion. "Not bad, Sentry. Not bad." the older unicorn then offered the pegasus his hoof. Flash's eyes widened.

"You mean it?"

"You've earned it."

Flash smiled and gave the prince his very first bro-hoof! At last, he was on completely good terms with his girlfriend's older brother. He flew up, doing a victory dance. "Woohoo! I got the bro-hoof! I got the bro-hoof, I got the bro-hoof, I got the--" he stopped once he noticed the skeptical looks from everybody else. He laughed nervously while blushing and landed on the ground. "Uh, yay for the baby."

Pinkie Pie managed to literally place herself back together when Korra sat down beside her. "So, feels good to finally have the secret out, hu?"

"You knew, didn't you?"

"Well, not about the baby of course, but I knew you were hiding something. But I also had a hunch it was a secret worth keeping. At least up until now." the Avatar hugged the little pony, "I'm so proud of you."

"Thanks, but I can't take all the credit. Flash really helped me out when I was struggling."

"Don't say I never do anything for you guys." said Flash as he approached the two and hugged his pink pony friend. Princess Cadance arrived and offered the group three slices of cake.

"You did it, Pinkie Pie! You kept it a surprise! Thank you!" the princess hugged the pink pony in gratitude, "Was it much trouble?"

"Piece of cake!" Pinkie said with a smile before Cadance went off with the others.

"It was complete torture, wasn't it?" Korra said with a knowing smile.

"You have no idea, sister!"

*(~)*

Isaiah 9:6~
For unto us a Child is born,
Unto us a Son is given;
And the government will be upon His shoulder.
And His name will be called
Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."

*(~)*