• Published 3rd Jun 2015
  • 665 Views, 21 Comments

Hard Court Press - Hillbe



The Foal Free Press has nothing on the paparazzi of Equestria, Can Spike and the rest catch a break from the so called reporters?

  • ...
18
 21
 665

Now Spikes Time

Now Spikes Time

Today of all days the sun was doing what it does. The parks grass felt like a grand bug filled carpet under hoof and flank
after all it's not everyday Thee Great Honorable Brave and Glorious Spike thee Dragon Hero of thee Crystal Empire gets to have
some time to himself.

No shelving books, no cleaning, no sweeping floors, no sending flaming scrolls to Princess Celestia, No experiments no saving
anypony from whatever. After Twilight got the news of a newly discovered life form the flood gates were opened in the name of science.


"Twilight I can't thank you enough for your assistance in this little family mater" Rarity donned a cloak and adjusted
a fashionably flowery bonnet on her head eyeing herself she smiled "I hope Spikey is behaving himself"'.

Twilight smiled nervously "I had him take the day off with everything going on it's a little hard on him and with all the rumors it's not any easier for him to focus on his work".

As the two exit the castle Twilight casts a cloaking spell. "No need to add to the drama".

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

At this moment it was now Spikes time. The grass yielded under his scaly butt and he let out a puff of emerald smoke as he settled down for a quick noontime snooze "Ahhhhhhahhhhhhhimmmmmm". Placing his claws behind his head he lets the sun warm his scales, 'Ah yes the now Spike feels good the now Spike feels relaxed the now Spike hears a bunch of hooves coming in his direction'
"I'm in the park it's got to be some foals playing no problemo" It gets louder 'No worry it's got to be nothing'

Keeping his eyes closed and he lets out a slow even breath " That's future Spikes problem". The hoof beats grow stronger closer.
Spike opens his eyes just in time to see the marknato strike!

A blur of multi colored fur rolled over him with flashes of white orange yellow peppered in hints of red pink purple and lavender everything Spike saw was rolling and spinning with the green grasses and was it a blue sky?

They all stopped in a calamitous malefic wreck twisted in a pile of tangled scales fur grass and twigs.
Spike huffed out a tired breath greeting the thee ponies of the aponyclipes with wisps of smoke and a cloud of dust.
He brushed himself off giving the three a little stink eye and a raised brow.

"Now that you have my undivided attention wutsup?" The now Spike was annoyed. "You got any ice cream or gems?"

The three Crusaders replied "Twilight told us to keep an eye on you" Scootaloo continued "no ice cream and no gems".

Sweeite Belle spilled the beans "Our big sisters are a little worried with everything going on at Twilights castle..."

Applebloom continued "And that little feud that sort of went on between Rarity and Twilight after you flamed her boutique. On accident".

Scootaloo looked at the worry on Spikes face "Come on they still can't be fighting, Are they?"

Spike let out a sigh "I wish" and shook his head as he pinched his snout right between the eyes.'maybe I should take up cider drinking?'

The fillies leaned in to hear the tale of 'Casanova Spike the Troubled Dragon'. Spike opened up and plopped down on his rump.


"Twilights just going over the deep end with her silly science stuff. It gets a little raw sometimes, All for the sake of science".
He quotes the air with his claws.

Scootaloo smiles "Got to be better than fighting".

Spike zoned out "Of course you guys remember when I flamed Raritys Boutique and Twilight and Rares got into it?"

All three fillies let out a collective 'gulp' as the fear widened their eyes the three answering with a simple "Yeah".

"After they settled down Twilight started doing these tests, She even got Big Mac and Fluttershy in as control subjects. Wires, machines
and all this sciencey stuff connected everywhere on everything hooves, toes, claws, tails, scales, fur and even where you go pee."
Spike wheezed "It was awful ! At first it was no big deal but Twilight never let up 'Spike get over here. . . NOW!'

This won't hurt a big dragon like you. ' Now they call me big , Won't hurt? Lies all lies. . . IT HURTS!'

Spike I need another tissue sample, 'Lose it like the last one? What about all the others? I only have a limited supply, are you making another assistant?'

Spike we need another blood sample, 'Ya got to be feeding a family of vampires.'

Spike we need a spit sample, Spike can you fill this bottle?" 'I'll give you a spit sample alright, Will you hold the bottle? My aim is off today'

Spike growled "Tests, samples, wires, Doctors, breathing monitors and a machine that went 'ping' and nothing else just PING".

Twilight was driving everypony crazy, Charts and cards and diagrams and reports. The doctors cold hooves all over everything and everypony!

"So last week I got fed up and bit the doctor!" Spike huffed out and spread out on the grass once more a puff of smoke wafting up in frustration. Minutes passed as the tension released into the warm sun and cool grass under scale and flank.

Quiet broke when Spikes stomach called collect "now that you wrecked my nap I crave a little chocolate shake and a sapphire cupcake".


The Crusaders all popped into his view with sad puppy dog eyes and the sweet sickening smiles we all grew to love, The three spoke as one

"Oh Great Honorable Brave and Glorious Spike thee Dragon will you treat these three little starving fillies to a little bitty snack too?"

Spike rolled his eyes at the little three ring circus of demolition "Yeah, Why not we can charge it to Twilights research account".

"Spike the Great and Glorious?!"

Other voices boomed from the bushes as stallions poured out with cameras and other tools of gossip.

"Spike? Spike! Tale spin from the Equestrian Scentinial will you have a few words with me?"

"Spike! Note Bug from the Ponyville Daily ,Spike what is that secret project Princess Twilight Sparkle is working on?"

"Spike, Flash Card from Equestria Science and Medicine, What injured that doctor last week?"

"Spike what is the rumor of..."

Spike looked at all the flashes and reporters he looked left he looked right and he stood up and with authority spoke to the mob.

"I have only one thing to say. . ." He looked once more "RUNnnnnnnnnnnn!


Spike and the fillies bolted from the park with the press in hot pursuit the air filled with flashes and pointless questions.
The town square was full of colorful venders and stingy shoppers buying selling haggling or just browsing.
Stalls and carts lined the streets like a maze the crowds just heavy enough to slow down the following paparazzi.

Spike plus three dodged jumped or twisted out of the view of the cameras and the thrusts of the microphones as the questions filled the air.

"What is Princess Twilights secret...?" A quick dodge to the left.

"Spike is it true a new life form was discovered...?" Spike and company jumped under a cart rolling out to safety on the far side.

Reporters galloped in a classic flanking maneuver surrounding him and his companions like a Equestrian vice.

"Spike is it true the Elements of harmony are fighting?" One mike.

"Spike what is the Scaled Diamond Project?" Two mikes.

"Spike is Princess Twilight carrying your love foal?" Three mikes more. The camera flashes grew in volume and annoyance.



Spikes eye twitched and the wisps of green smoke began to signal a warpath of epic proportions.

He was about to snap 'Spike NO LIKE' His clawed fists balled up his spines stiffened his eyes shrank to little pin pricks.

'All junk and NO SNOOZE make Spike a dull boy!' the sound of tightening fibers crackling could be heard till. . .

"Sna...BooM!". Pinkie popped up with a blast of yet another hidden party canon launching Spike over the roofs and out of sight.

She faced the hungry mob and announced "You silly fillies Twilight's not carrying any foals I am!"

The reporters flocked around pinkie cameras and microphones at the ready waiting for the scoop of the day.

"I'm the only one who's carrying a foal here, See?"

Pound and Pumpkin drooled all over her hooves as she proudly hoisted them out of the baby buggy.

"When ever I foal sit for the Cakes I always find time to carry the twins".

The reporters just stood with their mouths open like Venus fly traps waiting for a fresh bunch of flies for lunch.

As for lunch Spike laid on the tin roof of a cat house shop not moving waiting for the coast to clear, till Apple bloom finely found him.

"Ah Spike you alright there?" she asked knowing he was on the edge of whatever. "Spike...You ok?"



Spike was zoned out he blinked his eyes and focused "Yeah...Where's Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo?"

Apple bloom pointed at Sugar Cube Corner "Waiting for us, What are those reporters doing asking all those silly questions and why do you look like my big brother after Twilight messed with him, As for Twilight who knocked her up anywho?"

Spike low crawled to the edge of the roof "It's a longer story, I'll tell you all about it when we get our eats".

They secreted their way to Sugar Cube Corners back door and passed unnoticed to the back of the dining area picking a nice cozy spot.

"You Bit Your Doctor?"

Scootaloo asked the question as chunks of cake came flying out of her mouth.

Sweetie Belle laughed "No silly Spike bit Raritys doctor".

Applebloom sounded "Ah ain't surprised at all, Ol Big Mac quit them tests when they tried to measure his doodle"
she shook her head and sighed "Ah don't think we'll be seeing any kinfolk from his side of the orchard that stuff has him spooked something awful . Them pesky reporters don't make it any better".

Sweetie giggled "My big sister was acting more than her normal weird when this stuff started".
She took a loud slurp of the shake " I caught her licking her gems with a weird look in her eyes".

She slurped louder and made googley eyes for dramatic effect her eyes bulging as she held back a fit of giggles.

Spike laughed and shook his head "She got a little better when Twilight would grind up some sapphires and rubies
and made a health potion for her. But it got a bit tiring for her so I chew up a few gems and swish the slurry into Rares drinks".


"That's just gross" The fillies gaged with disgust "Ruby spit YUCK!"

Spike rolled his eyes "You guys share straws don't you. . .Huh , Don't you?"

Scootaloo gave Spike a major stink eye "But we don't back wash it, that's just outright flat out disgusting".

Spike replied "It's like kissing OK?" He tapped his claws slowly, thinking "I guess you guys don't have colt friends yet?"

The three looked at him tilting their heads and then they looked at each other a little bit- then back at him- then each other
then all three blushed bursting out in uncontrolled laughter.

The tune for the moment was now sung "Spike and Rarity sitting in a tree k-i-s-s-i-n-g..." the trio belted out the rest of the song.

It was loud enough to draw the attention of the nosey reporters. Talking heads popped out of everywhere, Volleys of questions fired at the speed of sound pounded Spike the hapless dragon.

Spike dashed out the door screaming "NOOOOoooooooooo Let's get out of here!"

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The mad dash for the door started. Reporters scrambled for the only exit as Pinkie entered carrying the Cake twins and
the leftovers of a super duper party in multiple bags the impact with the paparazzi splattered trash all over Sugar Cube Corners
dining area and its patrons.
Pinkies eyes scrunched down her mane flattened out with a hiss, She clenched her teeth and with a guttural growl she looked at the mess in front of and all over her.

The reporters looked at their only way to flee slowly closing the locks snapping shut one by one. Pinkamena Diane Pie slowly turned
and licked her chops looking at the 'fresh horse meat' in front of her step by step inch by inch she could taste their fear it was delicious .

"Now lets get digging for some real dirt" she purred, suddenly she screamed as she bounded through the air "TRASH PARTY!"

Pound and pumpkin screamed in delight watching the chaos erupt in cake crumbs and gooey frosting.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Spike and the Crusaders ran back to the entrance to the park, panting Spike looked up at the clock tower.

"Great we still have a few minutes" his breath labored from the sprint over.

They continued at a more relaxed pace passing by one of Twilights Royal Guards and picked a place in the sun.
The four laid out chillaxing soaking in the rays of the sun even with their eyes closed they could see the light and feel the warmth above and the cool grass below.

The now Spike felt good the now Spike felt relaxed the now Spike has somepony casting a shadow over him.

"Aw Rainbow cut it out". Spike opened his eyes and they began to focus 'Oh Blue eyes!' "Rarity!"

Twilights voice answered next to the puffy marsh mellow "Well of course Romeo. Who else would it be?"

The now Spike was happy showing his usually dopy smile.