• Published 3rd Jun 2015
  • 666 Views, 21 Comments

Hard Court Press - Hillbe



The Foal Free Press has nothing on the paparazzi of Equestria, Can Spike and the rest catch a break from the so called reporters?

  • ...
18
 21
 666

Pressing Buttons

Pressing Buttons

Rarity awoke in her Canterlot Boutiques rear bed chamber a classy Canterlot voice filled her ears "Ah up for another busy day are we not?" Her eyes darted from the family picture that laid face down on her night table to Fancy Pants dressing himself at the foot of her
bed. "What a lovely mare to end and start my days with" He leaned in for another goodbye kiss "Ta Ta I will se. . .".

Before his last words escaped his muzzle a racket sounded outside the bedroom door the walls shaking from the bucking of angry hooves "I'm looking for my big sister out of the way Sassy!"

The door exploded twice, once off it's hinges as it flew through the air and second as it smashed in the wall over the beds headboard,
Rarity pulled the covers up under her muzzle as Sweetie Belle stormed into the room her eyes full of fire. Fancy rushed his dressing
getting his clothes upside down and inside out his poker face showing nothing in this game of hearts.

Sweeties gaze moved to the picture that was face down on the night table and next to the guilty horse in the soiled bed sheets.

"How could you?" Sweeties quiet rage filled the room "How could you?" Her steps echoed in the room time frozen still for an answer.

"He doesn't have to know Sweetie, It can be our little secret. . .I can. . ." Rarity pleaded with a whisper dread filling her voice.

"Rarity He already knows, They all knew from the first day you started this affair".

"But surely they can keep it a secret a scandal is the last thing they need". Rarity bargained.

"Rarity you broke Spike, Everypony knows -EVERYPONY KNOWS!" Sweetie cried "It's in all the papers Twilight knows the Princesses
knows the whole kingdom knows. even Tirek knows and you know where he's at."

"But I'll be ruined" She moaned "Ruined".

"You lost everything Rarity," Sweeties words struck home "Spike's moving back with Twilight with the kids, You better not show up
at the Castle anytime soon, You really hurt them. . .bad".

Sweetie turned leaving the two alone in the room passing Sassy with a snort, Rarity watched her little sister join Night Frost as they
exited the boutique with a little white batpony foal on his back and a crowd gathering outside the business.

"Sassy watch over everything I have some mending to do at Ponyville, Fancy Pants don't just stand there do something!"

Rarity stared at the horse with the inside out up side down attire as he trotted along "TaTa Rarity it was nice roll in the hay as it was"
Her eyes twitched "A sad lot for you, can't blame them for printing such stories , Old hat for me don't you know".

Cameras flashed as Fancy exited the boutique, he held a kerchief over his muzzle as he galloped down the street.

O,o

Rarity slowly trotted along the Ponyville streets alone her disguise keeping unwanted attention away.
Her first stop was her Carousel Boutique But as she approached the front door she couldn't believe what she saw her
breathing choked up her heart raced, the beating pumped through her ears until a small whimper
left her mouth as her eyes focused on a red tag taped across the threshold it was not a welcomed sight not at all.

By Order of the Princess

All properties under this order are to be sealed until judgment of the court

case # S 0000127654

Spike Great Honorable Brave Glorious thee Dragon VS Rarity thee Dragon

\\\\\\\\NO ENTRY PERMITTED /////////

By order of T. Sparkle Princess

Derpy landed next to the White mare warring an oversized hat and gray trench coat it was a perfect landing one of only a
hooffull in her career, with tears flowing from her wonky eyes she hoofed over a manila envelope "Rarity thee Dragon"Sniff
"You are served" the gray bubble butted mare cried openly "Why?" she quietly sobbed as she returned to her route lifting off
with a small pattering of rain following her.

Rarity wept bitterly on her stomach the summons and order to show cause laying in front of her muzzle she needed to find out
how deep of a hole she dug herself into she wanted her children she needed her home she thought who would know how to
keep her now unsecret secret and help her at the same time. Her minds eye started a list.

Rainbow Dash? wild mare. loyal, little to no family experience, has a cider problem. . .One buck Chuck.

Twilight Sparkle? absolutely not I'm lucky not to be banished to the moon. . .Could lecture me to death.

Fluttershy? can she handle my situation without going to pieces. . .Oh dear me. . .It would kill her.

Apple Jack? strong family values, she wouldn't understand the needs of a sophisticated mare. . .She'd kill me.

Pinkie Pie? she knows everypony, Pinkie sense, Pinkie knows, Pinkie promises are always confidential . . .She's always happy.

As Rarity approached the steps of Sugar Cube Corner she heard a "Pisssst" she looked left "Pisssst" She looked right "Pisssst"
she turned around in a full circle "Pisssst up here".

A pink hoof waved from an upper story window motioning for Rarity to get her plot in gear and go up stares.

Rarity entered the sweet shop, They had tabloids scattered on the tables her picture on every page, she continued on her disguise still
in place until Mrs. Cake saw her "You! How could you abandon your family like that?"

Rarity galloped up the stares passing an angry mob of ponies. In that mob she saw Rainbow and Fluttershys disappointed looks.

Rarity lightly knocked on Pinkies door and waited for it to open she knocked once more and the door opened slightly Rarity slid
in the room her muzzle against the door frame looking back to the hallway she let out a small breath to calm herself.

"So you did it. You took a happy happy family that gave you everything in this world and crapped on it. You stupid horse!"

Rarity turned to face the voice the room was pitch black she knew it was Pinkies voice she heard, but something was off
"Pinkie it's dark in here" her eyes strained to see where the voice came from "Can you be a dear and turn on a light?"

"Why ? I thought you'd be used to the dark it's your hearts favorite color" Pinkies voice was different it wasn't bubbly it wasn't happy
it was cold ice cold "Spike was such a happy dragon till you broke him, broke him to pieces".

"Pinkie?"

"He thought the world of you till you shattered it, You had it all but you had to be a horse and make Spikey Wikey so sad".

"Pinkie? I'm sorry".

"So how was Fancy Pants without his PANTS?" Pinkie lustfully spoke "Was a roll in the hay with that Fancy elite snob worth it?"

"Pinkie you're scaring me, Please turn on a light".

"I know why you are here and YOU hurt Spikey really bad, You know how I get when you break a Pinkie promise".

"Pinkie I didn't break a Pinkie promise, a little light please?"

"Rarity your wedding vow to Spikey is more binding than any Pinkie promise I know - till death do you part".

A light switched on illuminating a Pinkie with a straight mane sitting on her party cannon, skull and cross bones scribbled in
blood on the walls behind her. A toothy manic smile slowly turned upside down into a Pinkie frown her hoof on the button.
Pinkies eyes where black holes filled with small red flames her soul filled with doom for the white unicorn.

With an explosion of confetti and streamers Raritys world went black.

O.o

Raritys ears rang from the noisy cannon shot she tried to move but her hooves where bound to whatever facing all points of the compass.

Her eyes tried to focus in the dark as images flashed through her mind, Images of happier times, Gem hunts with her Spikey Wikey
the birth of her two gems the chaotic days of business and his helping claws family friends everypony that came through her doors.

All the little things that time forgot.

The spa trip with Fluttershy when she found out that Spike did more then help around the boutique.

Twilights lectures on the pit falls of incompatible species and her surprise when Rarity wasn't sick with the stomach flu.

Pinkies baby showers, Pongon - Dracony parties and getting Spike hammered at his bachelor party with Rainbow flying him
that night up to Canterlot to be deposited in Lunas bed chamber deep under cover.

Raritys eyes spotted a dim light from a tired candle wick her images replaced with voices,

"Anything for you Milady".

"I can't believe he did it he finally asked you to go steady, Oh I'm sorry I got a little excited, I'm so happy for you".

"Sugar Cube I can't think of any other couple more deserving than you two".

"It's like it ain't no surprise everyone knew it would happen and this ain't the cider talking either".

"Well bust my buttons Rarity wont that hurt business if word gets out?"

"My little Rara is going out with a dragon and not a Prince you're braking your mothers heart how could you?"

"Rarity I'll be at Twilights for a few hours got things handled?"

"My dear Rarity It looks like you need a pick me up is there anything I can do for you ? I'm sure Fleur wouldn't
mind my helping out an old friend in need".

"Rarity how could you everypony knows, You broke Spike".

"Rarity thee Dragon the court finds you guilty of breach of contract, Dragon labor laws, Defaming a National hero, Abandoning your
Family, Fraud, Mining gems without a permit, Violating zoning laws in constructing the Carousel Boutique, Having an unlicensed cat,
Making Fluttershy cry and a host of crimes against fashion.


"That's right Rarity you broke him" the dim candle light was joined by two piercing blue eyes "Pinkamena Dian Pie at your service".

The light grew as the flames covered the wicks Rarity was tied to a table surrounded by the ingredients for a cupcake feast.

Flour.

Sugar.

Vanilla.

Salt.

Milk.

Spices of all sorts.

Tools of the baking trade laid on the tables wall hangers pots pans mixing bowls spoons and lots and lots of knives, long knives
short knives surgical knives meat cleavers and a knife covered in peanut butter.

Pinkamena Dian Pie approached the bound and tied Rarity step by step inch by inch scared blue eyes met mad mare blue eyes
Rarity could see and taste the crazy, a pink hoof raised a sharp and jagged instrument of doom pausing she spoke.

"Any last words before we're done?" Pinkamena Diane Pie smiled a wide goofy smile cocking her head to get Raritys answer.

Rarity cried out her volume maxed out "I WANT MY SPIKEY WIKEY! Waaaaaaaaaaaa".

Pinkies hair poofed out "Why didn't you say so in the first place" Miss. Pie blinked "All you need to do is to wake up silly".

"What?" Rarity quietly gasped as the room melted like ice cream left on a hot park sidewalk flowing into a nice soothing pink.

Another set of blue eyes appeared over Pinkies and a quiet Canterlot voice soothed the scared unicorn

"Good night Rarity thee Dragon I hope Miss. Pies procedures didn't place undue stress upon your worried dream".

"I was rather thrown off with my lack of claws and Sweetie Belles batfoal child, But Miss. Pie what was that strangely outrageous
episode I witnessed just before I screamed?

"Nothing" Pinkie said in the most innocent voice she could muster "Nothing at all Ha Ha...Ha Ha ha". Sweat pouring off her head,

"Rarity you owe Tia a few bits Twilight didn't make it to first base on her concert date it seems a Miss. Dash served cider till
Twilight couldn't see straight" Luna quipped "And your image of Sweeties child is quite adorable".

"Oh you saw that?" Rarity blushed "She was adorable wasn't she?"

"Your slumber ends Rarity thee Dragon" Lunas horn flared as she laughed "Yes she IS quite adorable"



Rarity awoke with a giggle "She is quite adorable" Her eyes shot wide open "IS adorable!" Rarity sprung upright in bed
the covers tangling with all its users "Spikey! . . .SPIKE! Where's Sweetie Belle?"

The sleepy dragon rolled over to face his lady love "Sweetie's at your families house Frosty's down stares on duty, Twilight's in
Canterlot being introduced to Butters, Apple Bloom's out with Rumble, Scootaloo is with that new guard Colonel Sanders,
Note Bug published your life story full of captions, pictures drawings notes and stuff all in three part harmony
and you lost the bet to Tia cause Twilight got drunk off her plot and couldn't even get up to bat let alone first base".

Spike looked into Raritys hungry eyes sparkling brightly "Rares are you all right?"

Rarity smothered her drake in kisses "First base indeed" was all he heard before her romantic attack in the wee hours of the morning.

O.O

Luna peeked into Celestias bed chamber "Sister I wager two hundred bits that when cousin Spike comes to pick up Twilight
Tomorrow that he'll be waddling quite funny with a very satisfied Lady Rarity following".

"You're on, I hope the Lady Rarity brings what she owes from her lost wager with Twilights failed date".

"Better than that Flash no show".

"Think Candance knows about your limp spell?"

"Didn't need it".

"Oh"