• Published 5th Jun 2015
  • 453 Views, 15 Comments

Dragon Story - Karibela



Luna sets one of her night guard a task to save those in need. A quaint, easily readable story accompanied by drawings.

  • ...
4
 15
 453

Quest at Court

She arrived at the palace shortly after. The ponies guarding the palace, with spears held in hoof, greeted her kindly as she walked on by. She walked through many halls made of cut stone, decorated with carpets and paintings.

She also walked through rooms where posh ponies from far away had met with each other for the first time, and talked with one another while sipping their drinks. Crescent didn't understand what they said, but she knew their purpose was noble. Princess Luna had trusted them to stay.

It wasn't long before she reached Luna's court. There her princess sat, with a beautiful tiara perched on her head. Crescent walked to the middle of the court, and kneeled for a moment in front of the princess.

“You may stand, Crescent, Van of my Night Guard.”

“Thank you, princess Luna.” She stood up from the court floor.

Luna spoke. “I must trust you with a very important task today. There was a problem that landed itself in the Unicorn Range, just last night. It happened to be on a group of ponies that were led by one Ashy Parks, the trumpet-player, who played in last year's Canterlot Ball. ” Princess Luna frowned, and it was then that Crescent knew this was troubling. “We do not know what they were doing, but they were caught in an ambush, by dragons.”

“Dragons?” Crescent repeated, taken aback. She had dealt with them before, but not like this. “I thought they laid nest in the Badlands.”

Princess Luna shook her head. “Perhaps, but we are sure that this is the truth of the matter. It may be dangerous, but that is why I hired you.”

Princess Luna smiled faintly, before her face became serious. “We have found the location. I need your help, Crescent. You must find the dragons, without violence if possible, and free these ponies.”

Luna gave her a golden glance. “Remember to take your night guard's brooch. With it, danger won't be a problem with quick wits, and I know that your wits are sharp.”

Crescent nodded, knowing to keep the brooch safe. It was imbued with the magic of many magi, the name for wizards in Equestria. “As always, your grace. I will do as you ask. My hooves... body, and mind, ready for the task.”

“Good,” said Luna. “I have a chariot waiting outside. My blessings on you.”