• Published 5th Jun 2015
  • 452 Views, 15 Comments

Dragon Story - Karibela



Luna sets one of her night guard a task to save those in need. A quaint, easily readable story accompanied by drawings.

  • ...
4
 15
 452

View the World

Crescent was careful to pick her bag up off the chariot floor first, so she wouldn't forget. It only contained one thing, Luna's brooch, but it was important. Leaving the others behind, Crescent moved on.

Long Wind was right about another thing. There were no dragon scales, or anything that she could find as a clue to Ashy's whereabouts. Crescent started to think they had gone to the wrong mountain.

There was something, though, a little further on. Crescent leant down to see. Strands of hair... purple, short hair. They aren't from Ashy, he has yellow fur, but I remember that one of the brass players with a big, winding horn was purple-furred.

Crescent turned one way, and she saw the cave entrance and the wide claw-like rocks above. It had to be where they had been kidnapped.

Crescent turned the other way, and she saw Equestria.

It was fascinating to her, and it had to be. Crescent was an earth pony, and had rarely seen the world from up so high. Canterlot's walls often shielded the view from her. Looking over the cliff, Crescent saw farms, forests, rivers and towns, all tiny blots covered partly by haze. It made her think back to her family.

Then she turned back, unyieldeding. “My job may be far as I could think from the fields where I belong, but it has to be done by somepony. I can't imagine what would happen to Ashy and his friends if I didn't.”

With that, she entered.