• Published 5th Jun 2015
  • 453 Views, 15 Comments

Dragon Story - Karibela



Luna sets one of her night guard a task to save those in need. A quaint, easily readable story accompanied by drawings.

  • ...
4
 15
 453

The Others

Crescent walked into the room, and the dragon revealed herself.

Crescent was left in utter fear as the dragon started talking. “I'm glad you could make it. I hope I haven't put you off; you cannot escape. You see, there's no point trying.”

“Where are the others?”

“They're in this room. You can't see them, can you?” The dragon made something of a sombre look. “Soon you will.”

Crescent had grown tired of her lulling voice in the caves. She stomped her hoof. “Show me the other ponies, now. Let them free, and I'll make sure you live in peace as long as you never do it again.”

The dragon threw no insult at her lack of weapons, armour or numbers, nor even showed a smirk after what she spoke. Alone, she seemed defenceless, but the dragon treated her carefully. Crescent reminded herself to be cautious.

The dragon placed a long, clawed foot out of her lair, towards Crescent. “Empty promises. We'll never be able to do it again, let alone live in peace.”

Ears folded, Crescent looked into the dragon's eyes and snarled. “That's of your own doing. You're the one capturing by-passers, if I recount correctly.”

“Calm, mare. We can talk without raising our voices, solve this without hate.” The stones around the dragon faded in colour. “I control the light, if you did not realise. I could fade us into complete darkness if I wanted, and all you would see are my eyes.”

At the sounds of those words, Crescent knew she did not have long to act. She turned to her backpack.