• Published 5th Jun 2015
  • 452 Views, 15 Comments

Dragon Story - Karibela



Luna sets one of her night guard a task to save those in need. A quaint, easily readable story accompanied by drawings.

  • ...
4
 15
 452

Flying by Chariot

Crescent found the chariot soon after, driven by Feather and Long Wind. She did not know the two very well, but she did know that they made good pilots.

“I'm ready to go, if you two are,” Crescent said. The two mares in front of her nodded, and told her to hop in.

They could see half of Equestria from up, up on high. Soon after they began, Feather talked, while a strong breeze flew through her mane. “What does Luna want with the Unicorn Range?”

Crescent did not want to be questioned during the flight, not about something as frightening as dragons. “I'm not sure I can tell you,” Crescent replied, thinking it might scare them. “The reason I'm coming over here is important, though. It is important that I get there as fast as I can, too. Thank you for bringing me there quickly. It's a bit difficult without any wings.”

“Why, that isn't what Feather would say, I'm sure,” Long Wind proclaimed, turning to the other pilot. “I still can't believe you got him the wrong jumper! How long have you known him now?”

Crescent went silent, She did not entirely understanding what they meant. Under the wind pushing through her fur, she could see Feather blush. “Rush didn't mind, though! I replaced the wingless jumper as soon as I could.”

From the back of the chariot, Crescent didn't have a lot to say. She guessed that the two pegasus pilots were friends, and they were talking about a stallion that Feather liked. He must have been a pegasus, as no other pony would need such a jumper.

“So...” Crescent started, trying to make some conversation, “What does your coltfriend do?”

“Coltfriend!” Long Wind squeaked, and snorted with laughter. “I'd never known Feather's relationship had flown to that peak!”

“He's my cousin!” Feather exclaimed, blushing even more harder.

Crescent bit her tongue, and decided that, with a bit of fore-thought, it would be better to stay silent for the rest of the trip.