• Published 23rd May 2012
  • 1,970 Views, 32 Comments

You Spelled it Wrong - Ex-Ed



The Mane Six go on separate journeys to save Equestria from chaos after a magical mishap.

  • ...
2
 32
 1,970

Chapter 3

Ponyville

"You'll love all my friends, Sweet Tooth!" Pinkie Pie claimed as she led the puffball into town. "Too bad they're all busy saving Equestria from certain doom!"

Sweet Tooth looked up at Pinkie with curiosity. "Doom?"

"Oh don't worry your cute little head! I'm positive they've got it all under control!" Pinkie gasped. "Oh! I do know one of my friends you can meet! Twilight's probably in her library right now! Let's go!"

Sweet Tooth jumped excitedly. "Yay!" He followed his new-found owner to the tree-house of the magical lavender pony.

It didn't take long at all until the two partners in crime were at Twilight's home. Pinkie knocked on the door with her hoof, but neither of the residence answered.

"Huh..." Pinkie turned to Sweet Tooth. "Twilight said she'd be in here. Let's go in ourselves!" She turned to the author. "Hey mister author, can you teleport us in there?"

And then Pinkie Pie and Sweet Tooth were in Twilight's house. "Thanks!"

Twilight jumped when she saw Pinkie Pie suddenly appear, nearly tipping over a dangerously unstable chemical she was running some tests with. "Ahh! How'd you get in here? I locked all the doors and windows!"

"I had some outside help." Pinkie replied. "Anyways, I wanna show you my new friend! Come on out Sweet Tooth!"

The shy puffball peeked his head out from behind Pinkie Pie. He meekly waved a stubby hand at the unicorn.

Twilight raised an eyebrow. "Pinkie, I've got a lot more serious issues than meeting some creature. There are filly princesses, rainbombs going off everywhere, and apparently I've been told by Fluttershy's pet bunny that Big Macintosh fell in love with her. I'm sorry, but we'll need to put the introduction on hold." Twilight headed towards a bookshelf and used her magic to take out several books.

Pinkie thought for a moment. "How about... we help you then?"

Twilight dropped all of the books she had. "Umm..." She attempted to make up an excuse. "Sorry, but these experiments requires the upmost care or else it could lead to even more disastrous events."

"Like what kind of disastrous things?" Pinkie asked, cocking her head.

The unicorn grew a distant look in her eye...

Applejack walked into her home after a long day of applebucking. "Finally some time to mahself." She smiled. As she entered, she noticed something in the corner of her eye. "What's this here?"

It appeared to be some kind of small, forest green, round object. Applejack picked it up by a ring sticking out from the top. But after about a second, the rest of the ball fell to the ground, leaving the ring in Applejack's mouth. She spat the ring out. "What in tarnation is this about?"

The ball beeped.

"Ah crab apples..."

BOOM!

...

The princess calmly walked out of her palace to raise the sun. However, she noticed something.

As she raised the sun up-

BOOOOM!

It violently exploded in an amazing shower of Jordan almonds and silver spoons.

Princess Celestia didn't understand. The sun had exploded for some unknown unreason. This would leave all of Equestria without heat, turning it into a barren ice land.

"I thought the first Ice Age would be the last..." She grumbled as Luna walked by.

"Sister, have you seen where the moon went?"

...

"Sir!" The green alien reported. "Equestria has been exploded right out of the universe!"

"Hmm..." The leader replied. "What evidence have you gathered?"

The alien servant replied, "We found traces of immensely unstable magic particles all around where it used to be. We suspect that after an extremely dangerous experiment gone hay-wire caused by a pink pony and an equally pink puffball, Equestria was destroyed in a gigantic fireball."

"On the bright side," The leader rationalized. "We're probably lucky that a planet filled with so many mentally unstable ponies is gone."

"... Terrible things..." Twilight replied. "So please, I need quiet while I try to find a way to reverse everything. Why don't you..." The lavender pony thought for a moment. "Help out the others? They'd probably need it a lot more than me."

"Okie dokie lokie!" Pinkie replied enthusiastically. "Sorry Sweet Tooth, but we're gonna have to put that party on hold. Let's pickup some snacks before we go and help out our friends!"

Pinkie and her energetic friend then took their leave by front door instead of fourth-wall breaking means.

"Phew..." Twilight sighed. "That was a close one. Back to research." She turned back to the desk she was working at. She lifted up an apple and a ring with her magic and placed them into a beaker filled with water. "If I can commit the spell after the object in mind has been refrigerated to a temperature approximately twenty percent cooler than its base temperature after ten seconds of continuous air-time, this might just work..." The unicorn charged magic into her horn...

Canterlot

"Whoa! Didja see that explosion?" Applejack asked her partner. "It came from Ponyville... 'Ah dearly hope Applebloom and her friends didn't cause it this time."

The two ponies were in Celestia’s room. Applejack was looking out of the window as she rocked a filly Celestia in her front hooves. Rarity was brushing Luna's hair. Luckily, they had been able to keep the situation under control for the moment.

"If they did, it would not be out of the ordinary." Rarity replied flatly.

"Auntie Rarity!" Luna shouted. After getting Rarity's attention, the filly pointed outside. "Can we play outside?"

Rarity shook her head. "Sorry, Luna darling; but you're much too young to be fiddling in the dirt and such." The filly cried, making the moon vibrate violently.

Being... well, Applejack, she had a different approach. "Come on Rarity, they’re our sisters’ age and we let ‘em out all the time. Besides, being cooped up in here ain't good for nopony."

"While I appreciate your concern Applejack," Rarity replied. "It is far more prim and proper for a princess not to get filthy in mud and grass."

"Proper, schmopper!" Applejack snapped. "They're still kids Rarity; mind you that whatever they turn out to be in the future will be on our heads."

"Exactly," Rarity explained. "Which is why I'll teach them how to behave properly and equalize with all other royalty."

"Rarity. You're not royalty. How would you know anything about a princess's life?"

"I do my research."

Applejack facehoofed. "Reading The Princesshood of the Journeying Saddle don't count."

"It's an amazing novel!" Rarity defended.

“‘Novelocity’ gave it a three star. Kinda lackin’ if ya ask me.” Applejack replied.

Rarity gasped, then gasped again. “That critic is completely biased!”

Realizing that the conversation had been derailed like an internet forum, the earth pony tried to get back on topic. "They still gotta have fun Rarity!" Applejack said.

"Applejack, you may have been raised like one, but I will not allow the princesses to act like vagabonds."

"That's it!" Applejack yelled. "Now ya crossed the line!" She tackled Rarity and the two quickly got into a big ball of violence.

Meanwhile, Celestia and Luna had snuck away when the other two were fighting.

"Auntie Applejack and Rarity are gonna be mad..." Luna said.

"But we're gonna have more fun outside than watching them beat each other up." Celestia smiled. She turned to her younger sister. "Besides, what they don't know won't hurt them."

Everfree Forest

Fluttershy finally came to a stop at a river. She didn't know how long she had been running. She looked up, to see the night sky. The sun and moon had been going up and down all day, so she couldn't tell how long she was running.

"I hope he didn't follow me..." The pegasus said to herself. "What am I going to do...?"

The mare sunk to the floor to catch her breath. In all honesty, she wasn't revolted or scared by Big Macintosh. She was just surprised that he would come onto her so suddenly, and being Fluttershy, she reacted the only way she knew how; by being running in fear. Plus being the first colt to ever do so didn't help her either. Not to mention, she barely knew the stallion! They briefly met a few times when Fluttershy would come around Sweet Apple Acres, but she still knew very little about him.
"It's all so confusing..." She complained silently.

The escape was in the spur of the moment, but now Fluttershy was looking back on that and realized that she was being quite rude when she did that.

"I shouldn't have run off," Fluttershy thought out loud. She walked to the edge of the calm river and looked at her reflection. "Some 'Element of Kindness' I am..."

"But you are kind!" A voice came from the waters.

Fluttershy shrieked and fell backwards. She didn’t expect anypony to hear her. "W-Who's there?"

The owner of the voice responded by spectacularly bursting from the river. It was the purple sea serpent that had his mustache cut off the first time Fluttershy and her friends went into the Everfree Forest. He was still sporting his "half and half" mustache.

"Why it's me of course!" The serpent exclaimed. "I recognized you the moment you looked into the river!"

Fluttershy, now soaking wet thanks to the creature's entrance, whipped her mane out of her face. "Hello... Umm... I never did get your name... you know, the first time we met."

"How could I have forgotten?" The sea serpent realized. "It is a pleasure to meet you, my little pony. My name is-"

"Fluttershy?" A deep voice called out from the distance.

"My name isn't Fluttershy!" The serpent complained.

The pegasus squeaked. "How'd he find me?" She looked around. Only the river was in front of her (well, that and the big, yet-to-introduce himself sea serpent). There was no bridge. There would be no time to swim across or fly across; and even if she did, there were no trees up ahead on that side of the forest for a considerable distance, so she would still get caught by the colt. Plus, all of the forest behind her was not very dense, so it would be nearly impossible to lose Big Macintosh again.

Suddenly, an idea hit her.

"Quickly! Eat me!" Fluttershy begged.

The monster scratched his head. "I don't understa-"

"EAT ME!" The pegasus refused to take 'no' for an answer. She flew up to the serpent's mouth and forced herself into the serpent's mouth and down his throat.

As she predicted, Big Macintonsh ran towards the river. "Fluttershah!" He sighed. "Con'sarnit! She could be anywhere in this dang forest."

For some odd reason (probably from being blinded by love), Big Macintosh had failed to immediately notice a gigantic, choking sea serpent with his glorious hybrid mustache. It took him about another three seconds until he looked up and realized that the sound of the disruptive sounds was coming from a majestic purple monster.

"Howdy. Have ya' seen a yellow pegasus with a pink mane? 'Bout this tall?" The stallion asked, raising a hoof around his neck.

The sea serpent nodded and cleared his throat. "I just saw her too."

"That's great! Where'd she go?" Big Macintosh asked over enthusiastically.

"She actually went- HACK!" He choked. Apparently, the normally timid pegasus had kicked the monster's neck from the inside. "Err... Thatta way." He pointed across the river. "Here, let me give you a ride!" He dived into the water, forming a bridge-like structure with his body.

Big Macintosh sported a wide smile as he hopped on each part of the serpent sticking out of the water. "Thanks a bunch."

"Not a problem at all!" The monster replied.

As soon as the red pony was out of sight, he said to his literal internal captive, "He's gone." He opened his mouth wide open. Sure enough, Fluttershy floated out of the sea serpent's mouth, covered in internal substances.

Fluttershy sighed in relief. "Thank you so much..."

"You didn't have to kick my throat." The sea serpent whined.

"I'm so terribly sorry." Fluttershy honestly apologized. "It's just that I'm in this huge jumbled mess with that colt and... well, I don't know why, but he's in love with me."

“You make it sound like it’s a bad thing. He is quite a handsome colt.” The monster replied.

“True. But, I barely know him… and he is a little…” Fluttershy tried to think of a word. “Brash.”

"And how do you feel about that?" The monster asked.

Fluttershy was silent for a moment. "I… I kinda like it… and hate it..."

The monster nodded, putting a hand to his chin. "Hmm... You have to realize which emotion you really feel or else you might end up hurting both him and yourself."

"Thank you..." Fluttershy responded. But this brought another question in her mind. "Wait... how do you know so much about romance? I mean, since you're a giant sea serpent and all..."

"Uhh... I do... research." The sea serpent quickly hid a book called Twinkle he was holding in his curled up tail. "Well, if I were you, I'd go find him before he gets into trouble! This place is more barren than usual, so that's really saying something."

Fluttershy nodded. "Okay. Thank you so much mister serpent." The pegasus flew over the river to the side Big Macintosh had run off to. After a bit of walking, she entered the second half of the forest, silently thinking. "If something happens to him, I'll never live it down..."

Cloudsdale

The inside of the factory covered with liquid rainbow. Splotches of the material were on the walls and floors. In certain areas, it was nearly impossible to differentiate each step of staircases from each other. There were more 'hyoo mans' inside the factory; though they didn't have weapons. Instead, they wore rainbow helmets and coats as they appeared to research the rainbows with microscopes and test tubes.

Rainbow Dash thought for a moment. "We can't get past them without getting caught by those scientists. We'll need to somehow get deeper into the factory without getting spotted."

"Derpy," Cloud Kicker asked. "Do you have more of those pictures?"

The gray pegasus shook her head. "I thought we were fighting some zombie apocalypse, not evil rainbows, so I packed appropriately."

"Appropriately?" Spitfire asked.

Derpy put her saddle bag on the ground. After rummaging in it for a few seconds, she pulled out an enormous rocket launcher, except instead of a rocket, there was an equally enormous blueberry muffin loaded. "Muffin Blaster Two!"

The others just stared at the pegasus as if she had just committed murder.

After a moment of bizarre staring, Soarin' finally broke the silence. "I want one of those! 'Cept maybe with pie or something."

Derpy rummaged in her bag again. This time she pulled out order form. She tossed it to the colt. "It comes in cotton candy too!"

"Derpy, now isn't the best time." Cloud Kicker whispered. "We still need to get past those rainbow engineers silently."

The muffin-loving pony dejectedly put the Muffin Blaster Two back into her bag.

"Come on guys, focus!" Rainbow Dash commanded, trying to get her team on track again. She took a step forward, only to be met at point-blank by a rainbow-colored rifle.

Unfortunately, with all their chatter, they realized that about ten of the rainbow soldiers had surrounded them, all armed with rainbow weapons from swords to brass knuckles to even what appeared to be a jar filled with ants (All made of rainbow liquid of course).

"Whoops..." Ditzy Doo said.

Cloud Kicker got into a battle stance. "Go guys! Find Leeroy; I'll hold 'em off!"

"Cliche' much?" Soarin' whispered to Spitfire.

"No! We're going to get through this together!" Rainbow Dash insisted.

"We'll never fight off this many foes." Cloud Kicker insisted. "I'll just lead them somewhere else while you guys find Leeroy. Now go!"

The cyan pegasus hesitated before calling the rest of her team to come run deeper into the factory, leaving Cloud Kicker running the other way with the rainbow soldiers following her.

Rainbow Dash just hated the feeling of abandoning one of her friends. She's the Element of Loyalty for a reason, and she had just gone against that element. With a depressed sigh, she continued her team's advancement.

Ponyville

"Hey everypony!" Lyra greeted her small group. They had met up in front Sugar-Cube Corner for their weekly get together that had . Bon-Bon, Vinyl "DJ-Pon3" Scratch, and Octavia were there, each eating some sort of sweet or drinking a beverage. There was one apple pie slice that was left untouched.

"Hi Heartstrings!" Bon-Bon greeted, pushing the pie slice towards an unoccupied seat of the table. "Saved you a pie slice."

"You know that I like to be referred to by my first name." Lyra complained.

Bon-Bon chuckled a bit. "Just messin' with you!" She ruffled Lyra’s hair as if to emphasize her statment.

The green unicorn sat down in an unusual way. "So, what's everypony up to?"

"I booked another gig tonight!" Vinyl proudly exclaimed. "Another one of Pinkie Pie's parties. Said somethin' about a new friend."

"Speaking of which..." Octavia gestured over to a pair of bouncing, pink characters heading towards them. One was easily recognizable as Pinkie Pie, while the other seemed to be an equally pink puffball.

"Hi! Can't talk gotta save Equestria!" The pony said very quickly as she bounced past the small crowd. The small puff ball stopped for a moment in front of the ponies.

"Hello!" Lyra greeted, enthusiastically waving a hoof.

Sweet Tooth sucked up all the food on the table and quickly left without another word. The ponies just stared in shock at how fast the puffball had just stolen their food. Lyra, however, was crying instead.

"Why must every cute, round thing I meet eat my pie?! WHY?!"