• Published 21st May 2015
  • 10,171 Views, 394 Comments

I Will not be Contained - Eon333MS



Trapped as a science experiment, will our human escape?

  • ...
81
 394
 10,171

interlude chapter: The Mirror (alternate)

Just so it's clear to everyone this is pretty much the same chapter as the last one just with a different ending feel free to skip to the part after they've gone through the portal since the rest is just copy and paste.

*Canterlot Castle halls*

Twilight and Jake were walking alone through the halls of Canterlot Castle. The reason why is because Twilight had offered to give Jake a tour of the castle, which he had accepted. Twilight told Jake all about the history of Canterlot Castle and the various rooms she showed to him. A lot of the information was boring, and Jake could care less for, but he was interested in some of the legends like Nightmare Moon, Starswirl the Bearded, and Tirek. Things went on like this until Twilight mentioned something that caught Jake's ear. "This room used to hold the Crystal Mirror, that's the mirror that leads to the human world. It was relocated to the Crystal Empire for Princess Cadance to watch over. But after my first adventure through the portal and once I got my own castle it was relocated there so I could study it on my own."

"Did you just say portal to the human world?" Jake asked remembering Fluttershy mentioning the mirror before.

"Yes, why?" Twilight asks staring, then realizes. "Oh."

"Can you take me to see it?"

"Sure, but I don't think-"

"Well then, let's go see if it'll take me home."

"But, don't you want to say goodbye to everyone before you leave?"

"I can come back through the portal right?"

"Well yes."

"Then let's at least see if it works." Twilight pondered this for a moment before she nodded yes and charged her horn, preparing it to teleport them to her castle. Twilight and Jake became surrounded in a light violet sphere, and suddenly they teleported to Twilight's castle. Twilight felt a little dizzy after that, and Jake asked her "Are you alright?"

"Yeah I'm just fine. Teleporting over such a long distance is a bit of a strain."

"Okay, so where's the mirror?"

"Right this way." Twilight led him through the map room and past her Dining Hall straight to the portal room. "Well here it is."

Jake studied the mirror. It was somewhat in the shape of a horseshoe with mirror glass in the center. It looked kinda fancy but more towards equine standards. There were a lot of wavy designs on the outside and two small steps leading up to it. There was also what looked almost like a smaller mirror perched on top of the larger one, this one had the shape of a pony in it. Could this thing really take him home?

"Are you ready to give it a try?" Twilight asked.

"Let's go."

"Wait a moment I need to set everything up." Twilight said this as she began moving several objects around. Wires, a pumping mechanism, and finally a book with Celestia's symbol on it which she placed on a weird looking shelf platform above the mirror. After that the book started to glow and magical energy coils wrapped around the electrical antennas, wires, and do-hickeys. Magic began flowing through the entire mechanism and the pumping machine began spewing out magical glowing paper. Finally the mirror itself glowed with a bright pink light from which Twilight and Jake shielded their eyes. When they looked back the mirror had a glowing pink vortex where the mirror glass used to be.

Twilight smiled and said "There we go."

"Let's go." Jake said.

"Wait." Twilight stopped Jake before he just walked through the portal. "I should warn you it's a pretty crazy ride. You'll feel very... uncomfortable once you go through."

"Nothing I can't handle." Jake said with a grin.

"Alright then let's go." Twilight smiled and they both walked into the portal. Suddenly everything was spinning and colors flashed before Jake's eyes, but there was something else he felt like something was changing or something was moving on him. Then everything went black.

Jake's eyes slowly began to open and his vision was very blurry. In fact it stayed blurry for far longer than it probably should have. Once it all finally cleared up everything still seemed a little off, like his eyes had shifted positions or moved to the side of his head, or something. However looking around Jake began to see things he recognized, tall buildings, cars driving trough the streets, heck the building in front of him and Twilight appeared to be some kind of school. Speaking of Twilight where was she?

Jake tried to stand up from the awkward position he was in to look for Twilight but heard a strange sound as soon as he moved his feet. 'Clip clop.' What was that? Jake was struggling to stand up properly, he managed to get onto all fours and decided to look down to see what was going on. What he saw would shock him for the rest of his life. He had hooves, he-he was a pony! He was a pony! Wait no something was different, his fur wasn't colorful, he was taller than a pony like Twilight and he didn't have any mark on his... flank? Why was he thinking about this he just changed into a horse!

"What the heck is going on!?" Jake's scream alerted the girl next to him. The girl's skin was purple and she wore a dark purple skirt with a blue shirt.

The girl turned toward him and asked "Jake is that you?"

"Twilight?" Jake asked.

"What happened to you?!" They both yelled at each other. The yelling drew attention of some of the students that happened to be nearby and they came to see what the commotion was all about. Jake stared at the students coming towards them. They all had different skin colors red, blue, grey, nothing that looked 'normal'. Whatever this place was it wasn't Earth.

"Take me back! Take me back!" Jake screamed and Twilight immediately grabbed Jake and pulled him back through the portal they came through, which happened to be a white statue monument with a horse on the top of it. Going back through the portal Jake saw the bright colors again and felt his body begin shifting again and everything faded to black.

Jake opened his eyes and discovered he was back in Twilight's portal room. He looked around and found Twilight sprawled out on the floor. Jake bent down and helped her up. "So can you explain to me what just happened?" he asked.

"I'm not quite sure but the mirror portal appears to have altered you into an equine once you passed through it, like how it turned me into a human."

"Why did it turn you into a human? Or me into a horse for that matter?"

"I expected it to turn me into a human since that's what happened before, but I admit I didn't think you would change. To be honest I don't really know why. I think I can figure it out but it'll take a while. I think we should just head back to Canterlot for now." Jake sighed but reluctantly agreed. Unfortunately for Jake he needed to find a new way home.

Author's Note:

Here's the alternate version of the interlude chapter hopefully it got a few of you to laugh. Honestly I'm too tired and sad to edit this right now I'll fix it later. Please try to enjoy, I also added a little bit to Tempest's punishment in the last chapter if any of you want to read that. Let me know what needs major fixing please.