• Published 16th May 2015
  • 1,094 Views, 10 Comments

The Life of Princess Skyla - Stardom Freedom



Just the average, everyday life of Princess Skyla.

  • ...
12
 10
 1,094

On The Road to Middle School

Ah, the end of the school year. A time when fifth graders like me get ready for middle school. Everypony was excited. Everypony except me. And here's why.

***

I met Sun Burn, Jewel, Star, and Magnum by the tree we hang out at during recess. "I can't wait for middle school! I can't wait for all of us to join together again at Crystal Empire Middle School!" I exclaimed.

My friends nodded, smiled, and started chattering excitedly. Then, Jewel stopped and said, "Star? Are you okay?" I turned to Star and saw her biting her lip while looking nervous.

"Well... the thing is... I'm not going to Crystal Empire Middle School," Star confessed.

"What?!" the rest of us exclaimed.

"My parents told me they were amazed with my magic ever since I got my cutie mark. They want me to excel in magic while still learning regular stuff like math and science. So they're enrolling me in a magic school." Star explained.

"What's the school called?" Jewel questioned.

"Magic Crystals Middle School." Star replied.

Jewel brightened up. "I just remembered! I'm going there too! My parents told me last night that I'm going because Shine went there, and since she's good at magic, I'll have a good rep."

My ears drooped. "So... you're not going to Crystal Empire Middle School?"

Jewel and Star got quiet. "I guess not," Jewel whispered.

I frowned. So much for going to middle school!

***

I quietly lurked to my room after school. I did what I did when I was upset about not getting my cutie mark. Eventually, I started to quietly cry. I was going to middle school, and Star and Jewel wouldn't be there. Not only was I going to be the only girl in the group, but two of my best friend weren't going to be there with me.

I needed to end the year with a bang. I grabbed a piece of paper and started sketching. Once I finished my sketch, I found my parents, who were discussing the issues about the kingdom. "Mom, Dad, can I go to Canterlot?"

"Why, Sky?" Mom inquired.

"I want to visit Aunt Luna. I'll be back by dinner."

"Okay. As long as your back by dinner." Dad agreed.

I thanked them and started flying to Canterlot. I found Aunt Luna in her room, taking a nap. I gently shook her. "Aunt Luna?"

My aunt stirred in her sleep. "Bright Skies, go back to your mommy. Auntie Luna is trying to sleep."

Bright Skies is Auntie Celestia's adopted 3-year-old daughter.

"No, Aunt Luna, it's me, Skyla,"

Aunt Luna woke up. "Skyla! Are your parents here?" she said as she hugged me.

"No. Anyway, I came to ask you a favor."

"Anything!"

"Well, it's the end of the school year, and I'm going to middle school. My four friends and I have been together since kindergarten, and now two are going to a different middle school than me and the others. So I want to end the year with a bang. I was thinking that you could come to my school and make it nighttime. Then I could draw a little something in the sky, and then make animations of our years in elementary school. Then I'll say a little speech at the end. Sound good?"

Aunt Luna shook her head. "No, Skyla. I can't make the daytime turn to night. I'll get in trouble with my sister, and ponies will fear me again. I don't want them to think I've turned back into Nightmare Moon."

"Please, Aunt Luna? My friends need something to know that I'm going to miss them. Plus, nopony's going to think you turned back into Nightmare."

"You really think so?"

"I know so,"

"Okay, then. How about we practice in the castle gymnasium?"

"Great! Let's start!" I grabbed Aunt Luna's hoof and rushed to the gym.

***

"So, for practice, should I just make it dark in here?" Aunt Luna asked.

"That would be perfect!" I replied.

"Okay, then," Aunt Luna used her magic to make it dim in the gym.

"Thanks!" I said as I flew in mid-air to make a drawing of me meeting Sun Burn, Jewel, Magnum, and Star in kindergarten. With a blast of Alicorn magic, it animated.

Next, I did a drawing of our first grade year.

Afterwards, second grade. I wanted to add in the party we had when Royal Shimmer and Bronze Blaze left, but since everypony, including the teachers, would see it, I decided not to.

Then, third grade, my personal favorite year. I added in an animation of my third grade teacher, Mrs. Gemma, waving kindly.

Next, I did fourth grade. That was the year we had a super mean teacher. I added in when we hid in a bush during recess so she wouldn't make us run laps for the rest of recess.

And lastly, fifth grade. I almost shed tears when making that.

I ended the presentation with me hugging my friends.

"Okay, once that's made, I'll fly in front of it and start my speech," I explained to Aunt Luna.

"You might want to get to writing it,"

"I know. Thank you, Aunt Luna! See you in the Crystal Empire in two days! And tell Aunt Celestia and Bright Skies that I said 'hi!'"

"I will!"

I rushed back home.

***

On the day of the last day of school, everypony was either hugging each other, crying, or giving their good-byes to Miss Gemstone and their other teachers from their years here. I was doing a mixture of both.

"Bye, Jewel!"

"Bye, Star!"

"See you next year, Sun Burn!"

"See you next year, Magnum!"

"Bye, Miss Gemstone!"

Afterwards, I broke down in unstoppable tears. Nopony stopped me.

Eventually, it was time for recess. Since it was the last day of school, today was a half day. So, after recess, school would be over and summer would begin!

I approached the bush that my friends and I used to hide in. "Psst, Aunt Luna! We should start now!"

Aunt Luna nodded. "Okay," She flew in the air. Everypony looked up. In her traditional Canterlot voice, she hollered, "Students and staff of Crystal Empire Elementary School! My niece, Princess Skyla, has a surprise for all of you!" And with that, she turned the day into night.

I went in the sky and started to animate my drawings. Everypony "oohed" and "awed."

After the drawing of my friends and I hugging, I flew in front of it and started my speech. "This presentation is dedicated to my best friends, Sun Burn, Shooting Star, Radiant Jewel, and Magnum, specifically Jewel and Star. They're going to a different middle school than Sun Burn, Magnum, and I, and I'm going to miss them. We've been together since kindergarten, and middle school won't be the same without them." I looked down at Jewel and Star. "I'll miss ya,"

Aunt Luna flew next to me. "You may resume your normal day," she turned it back into day and my drawing dissolved into thin air.

"Skyla, that was awesome! I'm going to miss you too!" Jewel squealed.

"Yeah. I'll come visit you everyday!" Star exclaimed.

I hugged Jewel and Star.

***

I went home, sad, but happy. Sure, Star and Jewel were leaving the others and I, but sometimes change is a good thing. They'll have fun at Magic Crystals Middle School, and Magnum, Sun Burn and I will have fun at Crystal Empire Middle School. And they said they liked my presentation and would come visit me.

I sighed happily. Yes, middle school would be awesome, even without Star and Jewel.

Author's Note:

Yes, since Star and Jewel are leaving and this story is written in Skyla's point-of-view, we're going to see less of those two. Sorry, Jewel and Star fans.

Anyway, the next chapter is going to feature Skyla in middle school!