• Published 16th May 2015
  • 1,094 Views, 10 Comments

The Life of Princess Skyla - Stardom Freedom



Just the average, everyday life of Princess Skyla.

  • ...
12
 10
 1,094

The First Day of School

I started kindergarten today. I'm five-years-old and Mommy and Daddy put me in the Crystal Empire Elementary School. I didn't want to go, since I'm shy. So it was pretty hard to get me out of the castle.

"Skyla, wake up! It's the first day of school!" Mommy called out.

My heart raced when I heard that. The first day of school! I didn't want to go! I wouldn't make any friends and everypony would hate me! I flew into my closet and hid in there.

I heard the bedroom door open. "Skyla?" Mommy repeated. I heard her hoofsteps come closer to the closet. She opened the door and found me. "Skyla, come on. You have to get ready for school."

"No!" I argued.

"Skyla..." Mommy's voice got more strict.

"No!" I protested.

That was when Mommy bellowed, "Skyla Heart Armor! You get out of this closet right now and GET READY FOR SCHOOL!"

I gulped and got out of the closet, because when Mommy gets angry at me, I'm in big trouble.

Mommy calmed down. "Good girl. Now let me do your hair." My mane was messy. She combed it out and soon it was curly and pretty. She reached for my crown and put it on my head. "There,"

I smiled and skipped to the kitchen to eat breakfast. "Don't you look cute," Daddy complimented.

"Thank you!" I beamed.

Mommy looked at the clock. "Oh goodness! It's time to go, Skyla! Come on, Shining." She gave me my saddlebag and she and Daddy followed me out the door.

***

We stopped in front of a school. Fillies and colts (some Crystal Ponies, some, like me, not) that were my age were greeting each other, playing with each other, and some were just hiding behind their parents. I did the latter. Mommy pushed me out and Daddy said, "You'll be fine, Sky,"

"No, I won't. Nopony will like me. I won't make any friends." I whimpered.

"Oh, sweetheart, you'll make lots of friends. Don't worry." Mommy gave me an assuring smile.

Then we saw a Crystal Pony mare in front of the school smiling as she rang a bell. "Come on in, students! School is waiting!" she said happily.

Everypony except me went inside. I looked at my parents. "Please just take me home," I begged.

"No. You're going in like the others are." Mommy and Daddy gently pushed me in. Then, all of a sudden, I was sitting on a carpet sitting next to Auntie Celestia knows who and the teacher.

"Welcome to kindergarten!" my teacher chirped in that overly perky voice. "Before we start with our lesson, we will introduce ourselves to everypony and tell something about yourself. I'll go first. My name is Mrs. Hope Diamond and I am teaching a beautiful, shining, eager class! Also, call me Mrs. Hope."

The Unicorn Crystal Pony filly to Mrs. Hope's right stood up. "My name is Radiant Jewel and I like learning and meeting new ponies."

Another filly- another Unicorn Crystal Pony -stood up. "I'm Shooting Star. I like shooting stars because you can make a wish on them and then they come true."

The colt- another Crystal Pony (but this one was an Earth Pony)- on my right stood up. "I'm Magnum and I am a flirt." When he said that, some fillies, me excluded, started to giggle. I simply rolled my eyes. When it was my turn, I nervously stood up.

"I-I'm Princess Skyla, but you can just call me S-skyla. My p-parents are the k-king and q-queen of the C-crystal E-empire, so I guess that makes me the p-princess." I stammered. The ponies stared at me. Mrs. Hope and some other foals bowed their heads down and some others just whispered and glared at me in envy. I silently sat down.

The non-Crystal Pony Pegasus colt to my left stood up. "I'm Sun Burn and I like reading, learning, and hanging out with friends."

I stared at Sun Burn. At his golden mane, bright yellow coat, cool blue eyes. Only one thought processed through my head: He's... so... cute...

I didn't even listen to the others, I just stared at Sun Burn. And for a split second, I swore he looked at me too.

***

I sat under a tree alone during recess when Shooting Star, Magnum, Radiant Jewel, and Sun Burn approached me. Yes. SUN BURN.

"Why's a pretty filly like you sitting alone?" Magnum asked.

I blushed. "Well, uh..."

"Sheesh, Magnum, don't make the girl smitten," Shooting Star winked.

"And stop your flirting business," Radiant demanded.

"Anyway, the reason we're here is because we wanted to ask if you want to hang out with us," Sun Burn exchanged his hoof to me.

I blushed again as I took it. He helped me up and his blue eyes stared into my blue eyes. We stayed like that until Shooting Star cleared her throat rather loudly, I might add. "Hey, lovebirds! Can we go play four square now?"

"Oh, um, yeah," Sun Burn let go of my hoof and followed the others. I went with them too.

***

Mommy and Daddy came to pick me up at 2:00. I was smiling like a dope.

"Um, Skyla? Did you have a good day at school?" Mommy inquired.

"It was awesome! I made four new friends and one is a total dreamboat!" I sighed dreamily.

Mommy gasped. "Are you saying you have a crush?"

I nodded. "Yes, Mommy,"

"Oh, tell me all about it! What was it like? What is he like?" She kept asking me questions about Sun Burn.

Then Daddy, with a shocked look on his face, whispered something in Mommy's ear. My excited expression diminished. Why wasn't he as happy as Mommy?

Author's Note:

Ooh, Shining's getting worried.

Anyway, the next few chapters will most likely be featuring Skyla and Sun Burn.

Also, click here to see a picture of Skyla as a filly.