• Published 16th May 2015
  • 1,094 Views, 10 Comments

The Life of Princess Skyla - Stardom Freedom



Just the average, everyday life of Princess Skyla.

  • ...
12
 10
 1,094

School Dance

It feels good to write again. I haven't been writing because I've been growing up. I'm an 11-year-old in fifth grade now. Let me tell you what happened during that gap of time.

First, Royal and Bronze moved. Remember when they said they'd move back to Ponyville? That happened in the October of when we were all in second grade, when we were all seven. That day, my friends and I celebrated at my place. But I do feel sorry for the ponies they're bullying now.

Second, Sun Burn and I are really getting closer. I hope he likes me back!

Anyway, I'm going to talk about what happened today at school.

My teacher, Miss Gemstone (she's fresh out of college), walked in with her usual smile on her face. "Good morning, colts and fillies! I have some exciting news!"

Jewel jumped out of her seat. "You're getting married?!"

"No. Jewel, sweetheart, I just got a coltfriend. Can't get married now. Anyway, my news is that there will be a Spring Fling on May 8 here at Crystal Empire Elementary School!"

We all started cheering. A Spring Fling?! That was so exciting!

"And there's more great news to add on to that: the PTA has decided to let fifth graders go out with each other for this dance."

We cheered even louder. I mean, we get to have dates for this dance! How cool is that?!

Miss Gemstone silenced us. "Now, I understand that you're excited about this, but we need to get started with our lesson," But I barely even listened. I was so excited!

***

That day at recess, a crowd of girls in our class swarmed over Magnum to ask him to take them to the dance. "Uh, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, and no. My answer is 'no' to everypony!" The girls, hurt, trotted away.

"You okay, Magnum?" Jewel placed her hoof on his shoulder.

"I'm fine, Jewel,"

Jewel smiled. I smirked at her knowingly. She blushed.

"Um, Star, Jewel, and I need to have a private girl talk. Be right back." I said.

"No prob, Sky," Sun Burn replied. I smiled as I walked away with Star and Jewel.

"Now, Jewel, spill!" I ordered.

"Spill what?" she asked innocently.

"Your feelings for Magnum!"

Jewel blushed as she said, "Shut up, Skyla! And Star and I know all about you and Sun Burn." She smirked teasingly.

"Shut up!" I hissed, blushing. Star and Jewel then cracked up laughing. I glared at my friends menacingly, and they quickly ceased their laughing.

"Okay, now you two have to ask them to the dance," Star said matter-of-factly.

"We will when you tell us who you like," I coaxed.

Star gagged. "Nopony. All the colts in the fifth grade here are either too rude, too nasty, or too attention-seeking. And Sun Burn and Magnum are stuck in the friend-zone. And I'm not a fillyfooler, either. So I planned to go to the dance and just hang out with the four of you."

We nodded. Sure, Jewel and I were upset that our other best friend wasn't interested in colts like we were, but she made a pretty good point.

"Anyway," Star said. "Go ask them! Now!"

***

Jewel asked Magnum first, while Star and I watched how it turned out. She approached Magnum, and her eyes widened. There was a line of girls waiting to ask Magnum to the dance!

"No, no, no, no, no, no, no," He kept saying to each one.

Finally, he groaned and said, "No, no, no! Stop asking me; my answer will always be no! So all of you GET OUT OF LINE AND LEAVE ME ALONE!" All the girls left, including Jewel. She came back to us.

"You heard him. He told us to leave him alone."

"He doesn't mean you," I said.

Jewel nodded nervously as she approached Magnum. "Hey, M,"

Magnum looked up. "Oh, uh, hey, Jewel,"

"You annoyed?"

"You don't even know, Jewel. I mean, I know I'm flirty and handsome, but I didn't think girls would be all over me because of that. Do colts do this to you?"

"No. Sorry about that. But there's one thing I have to ask you..."

"Yeah?"

Jewel bit her lip to stop it from trembling. "Um... um..."

Star groaned. "She's not going to ask him, is she?"

"I don't think so. She may be a hopeless romantic, but really shy. Looks like my dreams of a double date plus an extra friend hanging out with us can be kissed good-bye." I replied.

But that was when Jewel blurted out, "CAN YOU GO TO THE DANCE WITH ME?!"

Magnum looked stunned. He looked at Jewel like she was crazy and then his face brightened. "I was waiting for the right one to ask me. Looks like she wants to go with me."

"So... that's a yes?"

"Yes!"

Jewel flung her hooves around Magnum. He did the same to her. I saw some girls look at them in envy.

Star smiled slyly. "Okay, Jewel is covered. Now it's your turn, Skyla."

***

I trotted nervously to Sun Burn, who was listening to Magnum go on and on about Jewel. "She went up to me and was like, 'Will you go to the dance with me?' And I was like, 'Finally! The girl I like likes me back!'"

"Lucky you. I wish the one for me would ask me. But she's way out of my league. She's so pretty and perfect and rich and, look at me, I'm nothing like her. Guess I'm stuck in the friend zone." Sun Burn sighed.

"Ooh, who's your crush?"

Sun Burn sighed again. "Skyla,"

My heart fluttered. Sun Burn liked... me?

Magnum gaped. "Whoa,"

"I know, right! I'm crushing on the princess of the Crystal Empire! The daughter of Queen Cadance and King Shining Armor! The niece of Princesses Celestia, Luna, and Twilight! And I'm just some lowly farm boy that lives with his grandparents because his parents died!"

"No, I mean, dude, Skyla is standing right behind you,"

Sun Burn slowly turned around and saw me. "Skyla?! How long have you been standing there?! HOW MUCH OF MINE AND MAGNUM'S CONVERSATION HAVE YOU HEARD?!"

"To answer your questions in order, Sun Burn, I've been standing here for quite a while now. And I heard every bit of the conversation." I replied.

Sun Burn facehoofed and groaned. "Me and my big mouth,"

"Actually, I was flattered. You... really think I'm pretty and perfect?"

Sun Burn blushed. "Yeah," He whispered the word so quietly, it was almost inaudible.

Seeing Sun Burn's blush, Magnum began to trot away. "I'll leave you two alone," he called out as he approached Jewel and Star, who were spying on us.

I blushed harder than Sun Burn had. "Anyway... I came here to ask you if... you wanted to go to the Spring Fling with me,"

Sun Burn blushed again as he smiled. "Yes!"

I grinned. "Thanks!"

I skipped gleefully back to Jewel, Star, and Magnum.

"That was so romantic!" Jewel gushed.

"It was. But too much blushing. Good job, though, Skyla. The Spring Fling is going to be awesome! You guys are going to have a blast. Tell me about it the next day." Star said.

"What?!" Magnum, Jewel, and I exclaimed.

"I'm not going," Star stated.

"Star, you have to go with us!" I coaxed.

"Fine,"

"Yay!" we all cheered.

***

I went home and approached Mom. She smiled. "Yes, Skyla?"

"Mom, I need advice," I said.

"On what?"

"Well, first dates. Well it's not really a date, but..."

"The Spring Fling! Your teacher told me about it the other day."

"Yeah... I asked out Sun Burn. Can you give me some advice on what to do? I mean, how to dress, how to dance, how to eat daintily, all that stuff."

"Skyla, you don't need all that. Just be yourself. Sun Burn likes you for you. But about the 'how-to-dress' thing... you can ask the seamstress to make dresses for you and your friends."

I gasped. "Yes! I got to go invite Star and Jewel over!"

A few minutes later, Star, Jewel, and I were in the royal seamstress' room. Ms. Hairspray, the seamstress, was getting our measurements. "Okay, now that I have your measurements, you need to tell me what you want your dress to look like,"

Jewel went first. "I want my dress to be pink, with sparkles everywhere. A few ruffles at the end. And a small flower where the chest would be."

Ms. Hairspray nodded as she wrote down what Jewel wanted on her pad of paper. "Right. Princess, what would you like?"

"Um, a sky blue dress. A few sparkles on the midriff. Ruffles on the end, like Jewel's dress."

"Okay." Ms. Hairspray jotted down what I wanted. "And, Star?"

Star grumbled. "I guess I'm stuck doing this. I want a plain dark purple dress. No sparkles, no ruffles, no nothing on it. Just a plain dark purple dress."

"At least add some sparkles!" Jewel pleaded.

Star rolled her eyes. "Fine. Faint sparkle."

"Okay. Thank you, girls!" Ms. Hairspray got to work on our dresses.

***

Oh my gosh! Today's the day! After a week of waiting, the Spring Fling is finally here! Star and Jewel came over to get their dresses, and let me just say, they looked awesome on them! Even Star gave a small smile at the sight of her dress.

When it was time to go, Mom and Dad kissed me good-bye. "Have fun, girls!" Dad called out to us.

We nodded as we walked excitedly to school. Outside, we saw a bunch of guys in tuxes standing outside waiting for their dates. It was like a mini prom! We saw Magnum and Sun Burn among the crowd. "Hey!" I shouted to them. They smiled as they approached us.

"Jewel, you look ravishing!" Magnum complimented.

"Thanks!" Jewel beamed.

Sun Burn looked at me shyly. "Um, Skyla. You, um, um..." Magnum slapped his back. "You look beautiful!" Sun Burn blurted out suddenly.

I blushed. "Thanks,"

"Hey, hate to break up the mush, but what am I, chopped liver?" Star questioned, offended.

"Oh! You look nice too, Star. Plain, but nice." Magnum said. Sun Burn just nodded in agreement.

"Hey, let's go inside," I said. We did, and it was a total party. Everypony was jamming out to the music. We did the same thing.

While dancing, Sun Burn whispered into my ear. "Follow me," He led me to the outdoor classroom. I never once got the chance to see it. It was pretty. The class was pretty lucky to be surrounded by nature. We both sat on a bench.

"I never knew this area was so... beautiful," I marveled.

"It is," Sun Burn agreed.

We sat in silence until I said, "What's this about being a lowly farm boy living with his grandparents?"

Sun Burn sighed. "Well, this is the story my grandparents told me. My mother got pregnant with me and she and my dad were overjoyed at the thought of having a son. They did everything they could to make things perfect for me.

"Then came the day I was ready to come out. Mom was scared, but determined to have me. When I came out, Mom was dead. Her face showed no emotion. I never got to see her eyes, her smile.

"Dad was heartbroken. My grandparents tried to get him to suck it up and raise me the best he could, but he never listened. He ended up committing suicide to be with my mom.

"I had no parents. My grandparents took me in.

"They're really poor, so they help a farmer work on his farm for 40 bits a day. I help for 20 bits a day. We mostly spend our money on food, rent, and school stuff, so then we end up with no money again. So that's what I meant. You probably see me as nothing but lowly."

I sat there in shock as I listened. Poor Sun Burn! Losing his parents at birth, and then having to work on a farm for money. I put my hoof on his shoulder. "You are anything but lowly in my eyes," He smiled and hugged me. I planted a light kiss on his cheek.

Then, I felt strong hooves push me and Sun Burn apart. I looked up to see Dad. "Dad! How did you get here?!"

"That's none of your concern, Skyla Heart Armor," I shrunk in his glare. When Mom and Dad call me by my full name, I'm in trouble. "What's in your concern is that you have a lot of explaining to do!"

I groaned, because I already knew that I was going to have a long night.

Author's Note:

Ooh, Skyla's in trouble.

Anyway, I'm not going to go into that, because I have plans for the next chapter.

Hope you liked this chapter!