• Published 16th May 2015
  • 1,094 Views, 10 Comments

The Life of Princess Skyla - Stardom Freedom



Just the average, everyday life of Princess Skyla.

  • ...
12
 10
 1,094

Skyla's Mark

I sat in my room, the door locked and the lights off. I was so upset.

I thought, My friends get their cutie marks after one day of crusading, but I don't. And my drawing was so good! Does that mean I'm not a talented pony? Does that mean that Bronze and Royal are right?

Then, my father entered the room. "Mrs. Bell told me about what happened,"

I started to cry into Daddy's white fur. "I'm not talented! And you and Mommy are embarrassed of me because of that!"

"What are you talking about? That's not true! Who told you that?"

"Those two foals at school!"

"The ones you called a... you-know-what?"

"Yes! And you and Mommy Pinkie Promised to never talk about that again! So don't talk about it ever again, Daddy! NEVER, EVER, EVER!"

Daddy looked scared at my outburst. I calmed down and continued cry. He ran his hoof through my mane. "Moving on, you are talented. You just haven't found your talent. You're like me.

I wiped away my tears. "I... am?"

"Yep. See, unlike your Auntie Twilight, I wasn't that good at stuff. It took me until I was eleven to get my cutie mark."

"Eleven?!"

"Yep. But I waited until it was time, even though I was teased a lot."

"How did you get your mark?"

"It's a long story. Basically, I stood up for your Auntie Twilight when she was being bullied."

"Oh." I then had a horrible thought. "What if it takes me until I'm eleven to get my cutie mark?"

"Then you'll suck it up like I did. Stand tall and proud like an Armor. Your friends will stay by your side. I had no friends. All I had was your Nana and Pop-Pop and your Auntie Twilight with me."

I nodded. "Thank you, Daddy," I hugged him and he did the same to me.

"Good night, Skyla,"

"Good night, Daddy,"

***

The next day, I went to school. I was embarrassed because my friends had cutie marks to show off, while I was still a blank-flank. And to make matters worse, I was the only blank-flank in the whole class. And, of course, Royal and Bronze made a big deal out of it.

"Looks like your the only blank-flank. Even your cruddy friends got their marks but you didn't. Too bad!" Royal smirked. Bronze and Royal laughed.

I remembered Daddy's words. "Well, I'll get my cutie mark when it's time. My friends and the others did, and so will I."

"Yeah, Next thing you know, you'll be 70 and without a mark!" Bronze shot back.

I hung my head. Just then, Sun Burn approached the three of us. "Leave Skyla alone!"

Royal rolled her eyes. "Looks like you didn't change, Sun Burn. Such a shame. Well, we'll leave you dorks alone." Royal and her little minion trotted away.

"Are you okay, Sky?" Sun Burn asked me.

"Yeah, I guess,"

"Now they're targeting you. Skyla, just ignore them. You are talented. More talented than them."

I blushed. "Yeah. I know."

"Hey, the others and I are going to play four-square. Wanna come?"

"Sure!"

I played with my friends for all of recess.

***

At the end of the school day, my friends approached me. "Hey, Skyla, we'll come with you when you go crusading today!" Jewel offered.

I smiled at her. "Thanks, Jewel, but I decided not to crusade today. I have a plan."

With that, I trotted home.

The maid, Silver Shine, was surprised to see me. "Princess Skyla? Your parents weren't expecting you for another hour."

"I decided not to crusade today, Ms. Shine,"

She nodded. "Well, would you like something? A hooficure? A massage? A daffodil and daisy sandwich?"

"No, thank you," I went to my room and made a plan for that night.

***

"Good night, Skyla!" Mommy and Daddy shouted from their room.

"Good night, Mommy and Daddy!" I called out. I sunk into my bed and fell asleep.

I woke up at 3:00 a.m. This was the perfect time to put my plan into action.

I sneaked outside. Once out of the castle, I flew into the sky and started to fly. I was drawing in the sky. Once finished, I flew back to look at my masterpiece. I had drawn the castle I live in, and me and my friends sitting in front of it. But it was missing something. After thinking for a little bit, I smiled, used my magic to give it a glow so everypony in the Crystal Empire could see it. I saw ponies look at it in awe. Then I saw my parents come outside, look up, and smile. But then they frowned. I heard Mommy holler, "SKYLA HEART ARMOR! GET DOWN HERE RIGHT NOW!"

I did what she said. "Yes, Mommy?"

"What were you doing up there?! Do you know how worried we would have be-" Mommy was cut off by Daddy.

"Cadance, look at Skyla's flank!"

Mommy and I looked at it. There was a picture of a star shooting through the sky over a cloud next to a crescent moon. I gasped. "I GOT MY CUTIE MARK!"