• Published 10th May 2015
  • 3,984 Views, 131 Comments

My Little Pony: The Seal of Death - Azrael the alicorn



An ancient alicorn believed to be a legend has returned to Equestria, and warns Princess Celestia of grave danger.

  • ...
13
 131
 3,984

22: The Creation Of The Elements Of Harmony

The Mane Six stared with plate-sized eyes the six alicorns before them. This six beings were the Elements of Harmony!?

"I think we should give a nice explanation before the heads of our bearers blow up from all the questions that are filling their minds,” pointed out with a silly smile one of the alicorns.

“But first of all we should introduce ourselves. You know how rude it is to start talking to somepony without saying our names!” pointed out a white alicorn in a way that reminded everypony of Rarity, being overly dramatic in tone.

“Ok,” said the black and white alicorn in the center, but before he could say something further the white interrupted him, annoying the others.

“I will start first: My name is Vaire,” the alicorn introduced (and interrupted) with fanciness.

“I’m Este” whispered the blue one in a voice barely audible, while looking away, shyly.

“Excuse you?” asked Applejack.

“My name is Este,” repeated the female alicorn, sounding somewhat feeble.

“Try it again, louder this time,” Fluttershy told her.

“My name is Este,” said the blue alicorn with more conviction.

“I knew you could make it!” said the red alicorn. “The name is Aule, honored to meet you.”

“And I am Tulkas! The greatest flier of all alicorn kingdom!” said the grey one, with boastful tone.

“And probably the most stubborn one,” commented without malice the orange alicorn, “My name is Ulmo, great to know ya!”

“And I am Avalar,” concluded the black and white one.

“Well, that’s nice and all,” commented Rainbow Dash, “But would you mind get to the point? We don’t have all that much time.”

“Right,” nodded Avalar. “It is time for you to learn the origins of the Elements of Harmony.”

“Really?!” asked Twilight Sparkle, thrilled to hear how the Elements of Harmony, the very magic which helped them to protect Equestria, came to be.

Without further delay Avalar started talking.

“We six knew each other since we were kids, with our families getting along. Sadly our childhood was ruined by the Soul Eater’s arrival.”

“We wished to fight that big maggot, but our parents forced us to stay safe at home,” grumbled Tulkas, clearly offended.

“Well, we were only 7 years old after all,” pointed out Este, making the grey alicorn grow even more irritated.

“Anyway,” Avalar continued, “since our failure to stop that monster from destroying our country, and having to rely on Death, our kin started to get more and more hunger of power. We were there when Azrael managed to trap the pale alicorn in the Seal and we were also there when Rezor true plans became public. The ones closest to his family and the rest of our kin got split in two factions and even when Rezor met his end in battle was not enough to stop the conflict. Our families got torn apart and we were forced to witness friends getting at each other's throats. The war went on for one year—but it felt like it raged on for centuries, putting our race near to extinction. We couldn’t accept this any longer so, after a long talk between each other, we decided to find a way to stop it. We got ourselves in the center of the battlefield of what should have been the definitive clash and summon up all of our powers to prevent the two sides to battle, even at cost of sacrificing our own lives.”

“And as you can see, it did took our lives,” commented Vaire.

“But it was worth it. Thanks to our courage and bravery we proved to the rest of the alicorns how wrong the war was and managed to prove that friendship can withstand any conflict as long it is real and strong,” said Aule, smiling proudly.

“Then, after we passed away, our souls got an intriguing offer by a presence. Apparently our bond was so strong that she/he was impressed by it and decided to make it a force which would have protect all the living beings from the forces of evil. So our souls got connected by the Elements of Harmony, powering them with positive energy. Then Princess Celestia and Luna found us during their research of a way to stop Discord.” said Avalar.

“But, despite showing be capable to use it to stop the spirit of chaos they couldn’t use the Elements at their full power,” added Tulkas

“Don’t get it wrong, any being with at least one personality of the Elements of Harmony can use it to defeat or banish evil or else it would be pretty much useless as a defense weapon. The thing is, to be used at its best and for the most complicated spells, the Elements must be used by six beings—all of whom must embrace their harmony.”

“Also, is not possible to use one element to do the trick, no matter which one we’re talking. Each element is important,” added Vaire.

“Yes. I mean if the presence wanted to be one single tiara/necklace to wear all that power he would have done so, don’t you think?” commented Ulmo.

The Mane Six had always wondered why the ruler of Equestria had to banish her sister instead of curing her. Now, after almost 3 years, they had finally got their answer.

“Well, that is quite interesting,” admitted Rainbow Dash. “But exactly what use have this information to us now?”

“Knowledge is power,” answered Tulkas.

“Now that you know about the true origins of the Elements of Harmony it is time for us to allow you to use the full power of the Elements,” added Avalar.

“Really? Cool!” commented the element of loyalty.

The tiara and necklace of the Mane Six flew near the six alicorns so that they could do their work on it, giving a spectacle of almost blinding lights. The bearers of harmony watched in awe in front of that incredibly powerful magic. But despite the amazing show Rainbow Dash couldn’t help but watch what was behind them and noticed something weird… or perhaps somepony. It was only a glimpse but due to her skills of being fast that she was capable to see it although barely. The mysterious figure was a bit taller than Celestia but there were some particular that make her doubt. It had wings, but it lacked of a horn and its mare was… a rainbow… like hers. Before she may do or say anything the figure was gone in a flash of light, making her wonder what exactly she had just saw.

“There we go,” said Avalar, giving back the elements of Harmony.

“We don’t know how thank you enough,” said Fluttershy, smiling.

“Oh, you already have,” said Este, “Saving this land from the forces of the wicked, proving a bravery worthy of an alicorn.”

“Yes, I’ll admit, you’re not too bad,” added Tulkas.

“Now you have all that you need to stop Sombra once and for all” concluded Avalar. “You have our blessings and powers. Go, and save Equestria and the Dusk of Souls!”

“You can count on it!” said Applejack.

The two groups saluted warmly, wondering when they would meet again. On the way back the Mane Six chatted about the incredible story they had just heard, of how Twilight was going to write it down once the war was over and of how much Rainbow couldn’t wait to use the new powers to kick Sombra’s flank.

Once returned to Life, they noticed that Azrael was nowhere to be found…

Author's Note:

I can't believe that it took me so long to write down this short chapter :facehoof: .
Anyway, here it is my version of how the Elements of Harmony got created. No silly tree of Harmony which came out from nowhere and no stupid box which gave the Mane 6 awful sayan version of themselves. And then that mysterious figure that Rainbow Dash had glimpse of it? It may be nothing... or it may be something quite important in the future.
Next chapter is going to be quite long and it may take me a while to write it down, especially if I will be as lazy as this one. But I will do my best to deliver it fo the next weekend.