• Published 9th May 2015
  • 3,094 Views, 89 Comments

The Wander Through Lands Unknown - Tomas Lutwig



Lost in a world of uncertainty with prior knowledge can seem like you know what you're doing, but that is almost never true.

  • ...
25
 89
 3,094

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 16; Annoyance and Anger

The bonfire light cast long shadows on the trees. Holding the mask in my hand I looked back to the piece of yellow wire that Marrisah had given me before storing it in a pocket.

'So am I supposed to say some sort of phrase or something?' I thought holding up the mask so that the dimming sky could be seen through the eyeholes. As it seemed, my new friend and I had talked for quite some time as it was barely past noon when I had arrived here to be met with the strange anamatronic suit. 'Wonder why it smelled so horribly of decay though...'

Shaking my head to clear it I turned my attention back to the mask. 'I guess I just gotta think of something'

Standing up, I lifted the the mask back up to the large hole in the foliage above me holding my spear with my other hand. “I am the Wanderer. To those who hear, ask for aid and I will come! I will not allow evil to stand, nor shall I allow the weak to be threatened!” I said, trying to sound strong as my voice echoing between the trees.

After a moment of standing there, waiting for something. I let out a sigh. “Maybe it needs something else” I said quietly before putting the mask back in it's place in my backpack.

“Wanderer!” The shout rang out through the forest. Turning towards the entrance, I only saw the blackness that was the Everfree . After staring at it though I found myself looking at a small group of six ponies I didn't expect to see.

“Ahh, good...” I trailed off looking back at the hole in 'ceiling' of the clearing before looking back at them. “...afternoon ladies, how may I be of service?” I asked leaning against my spear.

Twilight was the first to speak. “What are you doing here? The princesses told us you were being trained to be a guard in Canterlot. Then when we return, not only does Spike tell me that you're obviously not there, but that you told him you had killed Tirek.” she said, confusion mixed with aggravation written on her face. “The princesses told us that Tirek was sent back to Tartarus”

I looked at her cockeyed for a moment before a chuckle erupted from my stomach. “Are you serious?” I asked only to be met with more confused looks. Laughter overtook me making me double over having to lean heavily on my weapon to keep standing.

“What's so funny?” Rainbow Dash yelled from the small group making me look up from my doubled over position.

“Dear Lord, I may of killed, but they're lying through their teeth!” I said as the chuckles ended. “I killed Tirek not a few moments after you six left to return the magic to equestira. Celestia had decided to make me one of the guard after an incident with my imprisonment.” I said straightening back up and cracking my back. “Well either they're lying, or the student turned princess needs to keep more in touch, oh wait no they told you Tirek was in Tartarus. Never mind they lied”

“An' why in blue blazes should we believe you over the princesses?” Applejack asked. “How do we know, you didn't just escape just like Discord?”

I put a hand to my chin and thought for a moment. “A valid point, or it would be if I had any magic to speak of. All I got, is this-”I said holding up my spear. “this-”a had motioned to the knife I had sheathed hanging from my belt. “and finally the stuff over there” I finished, pointing at my backpack. The looks of disbelief on the ponies faces were enough to give away their skepticism at my statement, but Applejack wore one of confusion. 'Can she tell when people, or ponies, are lying?'I mentally questioned.

The apple farmer whispered something to the rest of the group that made their faces fall. “Then...” Twilight started as it looked like her whole world was trying to crumble. “No” She said stamping her foot. “He must be lying, the princesses would never lie to us” she said adding a little more confidence to her friends, sans her orange comrade.

I let out a sigh. “Politicians lie” I said simply making the group's eyes return to me from their leader. “Maybe it's for a good cause, maybe it's for personal gain, but it's always the same, Twilight Sparkle, political leaders lie.” A stamp on the ground with the spear was made to emphasize my point.

A growl echoed from the group, namely from a certain rainbow maned pegasus. A spit second was all I was given to react, and wasted as I could only look up in time to see a blue hoof come around and nail me in the face.

“Do Not Badmouth The PRINCESSES” She shouted at me from my position on the ground.

Shock was over my body as the pegasus hovered in the air by the bonfire staring daggers at me. A sigh escaped before I rose to my feet. “As you wish” I said before spitting a glob of blood into the fire. “Doesn't change a thing though” I said.

“You said you were in the royal guard now?” Another voice cut in. Looking over I noticed Fluttershy looking meekly at me, obviously trying to defuse the situation.

“Was” I said simply. “I don't think I can serve under someone who would willingly imprison someone in their mind for millennia when death would be a such kinder fate” I finished, making the pegasus back up.

“What do you mean?” was Twilight's question making me turn to her.

“Tirek, Discord, Nightmare Moon” I listed off 'villains' “All imprisoned, justly aye, but do you know what years of solitude can do to you?” I asked making the mare's eyes go wide. “Yes, you do, with your curiosity and love of books no doubt you've looked into the idea of insanity” I said making her friends shoot dirty looks at me. Ignoring them I continued. “I hear that Luna was not actually alone, there apparently being creatures of some sort on the moon, but what of your newest friend, Discord, and Tirek? The dragonequiss was Reformed” I said hands balling up into fists. “He didn't have to be imprisoned like he was. Tirek would have been better killed for his actions, as I did! The centaur believed, was depraved enough to BELIEVE that the magic belonged to HIM just because he could take it” I said raising my hands into the air to emphasize. “Does that mean my life belongs to you, just because all of you could trample me to death, or throw me in that fire if you wanted?”

Looks of disgust appeared on the ponies faces, besides a certain purple alicorn who stared me in the eyes with a look of concentration that had replaced her previous confused look. “You went insane” she said.

I looked back at her for a moment before a smile appeared. “Well miss Sparkle, if you were being graded you'd get an A+ for sure!” I said, sarcasm dripping from my voice. “Two years. Two whole fucking YEARS trapped in my mind.” I said a shiver running up my spine remembering what of it I could. “After a while I talked, because I knew trying to run around in my memories, or something of the like would make me lose it. I made a friend, only it wasn't a good friend! No no no, my friend was weird, always telling me how to keep Luna from my mind. Oh! But then as soon as I did, awake I was and guess what happened?” I said holding my hands out at the now scared looking ponies before turning to the pegasus who was still floating near the fire wearing a similar face. “GUESS”

Silence reigned for a few precious seconds before I growled. “Your precious princesses took that 'imaginary friend' out of my head” I said anger growing inside my stomach. “And after they managed to cut the information up and put it back in my head, I have no memory of my family! Oh did I have a sister? Wait, what did my Mom look like? Argh!” I feigned curiosity before yelling, anger threatening to explode before there was a pain in my eyes making me let my arm flop down, the other still holding my weapon. “Then...” I said after a few moments of silence. “... then your high and mighty princess of the sun decides I haven't had enough punishment and says I can either enlist in the royal guard, or live in a prison cell.” A laugh echoed from me before I looked down from the sky I had been looking at. “No” I said

Moving towards the pegasus by the fire, I heard the sound of horns lighting up and Rainbow Dash raised her hooves. Stepping around her I grabbed my things and started walking towards the forest. Trying to keep my anger under control around these six seemed like it wasn't going to work, especially after my talk with Marrisah.

“Where are you going?” I familiar voice sounded that made my eye twitch. Whirling around, the princess of the sun herself stood behind the group, having caught them by surprise as well. An unreadable expression was on her face that only made me angrier.

Turning around I let out a breath and tried to calm myself. 'Kill her and you'll be no doubt put back in a prison similar to your old one. Probably without any hope of ever getting out, and no doubt without actually getting to do her in' I thought. “I'm planning on spending my day off away from ponies, so if you don't mind” I said starting to take another step.

The sound of magic lighting up made me stop again. “I don't think I can let you do that, can I Wanderer?”

My eyes shot open before I whirled around to look at the white alicorn who had stepped in front of the other six. “Excuse me?” I asked, anger showing itself once again in my voice. I took a step towards her a scowl on my face. “I have done nothing to 'your ponies' besides stop a potential threat after your weapons there drained him of the magic he stole.” I said motioning towards the six who looked at me, some dumbstruck, others hurt, and a few angry. “Hell it's hard for me to look back and remember why you were my favorite.” I said going again to turn away before I found myself being held in place by a golden aura.

“There you go again, saying things that a being relatively new to this world, should not know.” Celestia said, frustration showing in her voice. “I believe now would probably be the best time to explain yourself”

A groan escaped me “Why? So if you don't like my explanation, you can have the six friends of rainbows and friendship shoot me with said rainbow friendship magic?” I said glaring daggers at the diarch. Celestia opened her mouth to answer, but I started back up before she could give an excuse. “Do you have television here?” I asked making the diarch look at me confused.

“Tele-vision?” Twilight asked to which I nodded. “What's that?” she then asked to which I rolled my eyes.

“It's a box that holds a screen. This screen is hooked up to what might as well be a projector. It's used to watch plays, shows and other things.” I said continuing my lackluster explanation. “Well, you see, this world was portrayed on said television”

Shock came to Twilight's face “You can view other dementions with it?” She asked, excitement lacing her voice.

I was about to deny that claim, but thought for a second. “I... suppose you can.” I said looking around myself before focusing back on the ponies. “Long story short though, your lives, minus Celestia other than in times of crisis were shown.”

The excitement drained from Twilight's face as a mixture of embarrassment and anger flowed over the group of ponies. “Whoa, that's just... creepy” I heard Rainbow Dash say making me chuckle. “And what's so funny?” She asked threatening my face once again with a hoof.

“Not a thing” I said suppressing an urge to use her childhood 'nickname'. “Anyways, it's not as bad as you all seem to think, it mainly showed your adventures, or misadventures in some cases” I said.

“Oh I know! And especially when everyone decided to eat the MMMM! On the train to Canterlot!” Pinkie Pie chimed in inciting a smile. “Or that time when I found the Mirror Pond!” she continued.

Celestia's eyes went wide as I nodded. “How much exactly do you know?” She asked her eyes narrowing.

“Off the top of my head?” I asked before giving a thoughtful 'hmmm' “Well besides common knowledge, you like eating cake as said by 'Gabby Gums'” I said looking at the princess in question before looking at the others. “Pinkie is a party extraordinaire, and somewhat believed to be insane, Twilight is a bookworm who, in turn, wormed her way out into the world and made friends, Rainbow a boastful pegasus, but a dang good flier. Applejack proud owner of Sweet Apple Acres, with a large family including a brother, who I met earlier, nice guy, sister, grandmother, and other relatives all over the place. Rarity, a not exactly world famous, but close, fashionista who is enamored with high class society and other such luxuries. Fluttershy is quite skittish like the animals she takes care of, but has been working on coming out of her shell and being more assertive.” I said, “Oh and can't forget Spike, unlike you all do” I said giving them all a cold look. “He's a baby dragon who lives as Twilight's assistant, the extent of the relationship is platonic similar to the same relationship she has with her brother who's married to the princess of love, who in turn rules the Crystal empire. Ask me later and I might be able to think of more” I finished.

The looks of shock were enough that I thought a few bugs might fly in. Another chuckle escaped me before they recovered. “Alright, that is definitely a lot...” Celestia said, losing some of her regal demeanor. “But that doesn't change the fact of you murdering Tirek” she said making me groan.

“Oh for God's sake!” I swore, “Then an eye for an eye! One quick slit across my throat and tada! One death for another.” I said gaining stares of shock. The white alicorn shocked enough even to drop the magic surrounding me.

“Why would you want that?” I heard Pinkie Pie say making me turn to her.

“I may not stay dead, but it is the same effect is it not?” I asked trying to not direct the anger at her. “Where I'm from people who kill another are charged with the crime, put in front of a jury of their peers and sentenced either to death, imprisonment, community service, or in some cases if the jury decides it, they're let go” I said.

“But why would you rather die?” She asked again taking a step closer. “Every life is important, without it we couldn't enjoy time with friends or party, or eat chocolate cake, or... or do anything else!”

“Well maybe that's why I haven't made any friends, I'm undead remember? I told you all when we met.” I said leaning back on my spear. “I would simply come back at the bonfire though looking like a zombie”

“That's why it's not the same” Celestia said stepping forward. “You ended Tirek's life, he's unable to 'come back' like you. You've ended that centuar's life and you show no remorse, that is why you must be punished” She said stamping a hoof onto the ground.

“You think I feel no remorse?” I asked looking the alicorn in the face. “A death is a death, be it good” I said motioning towards the six ponies with my shield, “or evil” I said motioning with the spear to my right. “Just because it needed to be done doesn't mean I don't regret it”

Annoyance grew in me as the alicorn looked for a retort making me reach into the bag around my belt and pull out the ring of fog. “You should make a choice quickly because I won't be holding this offer for long” I said.

Silence was all I was met with. Shocked ponies and a politician who couldn't make up her mind. “Fine” I said slipping on the ring and running into the forest.

“WAIT” was shouted at me from behind along with a whistling sound that made me quickly change direction only to hear a loud thunk against a tree. A quick look behind proved that the ever loyal pegasus had managed to slam herself into a tree.

After a few moments I faded into the darkness that was the forest as the day came to a close.

Author's Note:

Happy New Years and all that. I'm posting this from around nine pm where I am so it's not quite there yet, but hey they started the fireworks, close enough for me.

Also, if you're interested in a crossover, please send me a private message or get a hold of me somehow.

PreviousChapters Next