• Published 2nd Jul 2015
  • 1,989 Views, 31 Comments

"But... I Made You!" - GeodesicDragon



[COLLAB] Seven authors. Seven stories. One question. "How would you react if you met your OC?"

  • ...
2
 31
 1,989

mandolin15

Hello, my name is Noah Greenberg. I officially became a brony in summer 2014, when I found out that the use of comedy in MLP:FIM was the best I have ever seen from a children's show, along with the familiar references from the episodes.

However, when I joined the fandom, I fell into the category of the late comers, who had no background knowledge of the show or franchise. Luckily, I did research on the show to get a better understanding of it. I joined Fimfiction, where I could create stories based on the characters.

I did have a story at first, described as an adventure with the Mane Six travelling to different Cedar Fair parks, but I forcefully deleted it when I developed writer's block (and I mean that literally — my hand was in pain for hours afterwards).

This story is about the day I met my OC, Greenscreen. He is a green-furred, brown maned pegasus with a brown tail and brown eyes. His cutie mark is a computer monitor, due to his desire to make every effort to spread modern technology across Equestria without causing major damage.

Like me, he has High-Functioning Autism, which is when someone can make positive choices but cannot understand certain major life situations and social skills.

Now, let me tell you about the day Greenscreen came to life. As Pinkie Pie would say: "It's a gem."

***

It was a beautiful spring day, as many fanfics would often start out with (honestly, it's so cliche these days). I was in the office of my house, working on the computer, creating a new pose for Greenscreen in the Pony Creator. It was to be in the form of the pony trot used in the show and, when animated, would make it seem as if he was actually trotting across the screen.

It was 4:35pm on the clock, the usual time that many of my family members would be out of the house. So, since I had nothing to do, I went on the computer. Once I had finished the pose, I left the computer to go and make some dinner.

Suddenly, I heard something that made me cringe.

"Could somepony please help me out of this pose? It's not the one I had in mind; you know, a pose a pony with wings would have."

I recognized the voice, and it was mine. It cannot be! My OC having my voice in order to speak?! I heard the voice again.

"Seriously, I have to get out of this pose. I haven’t flown in quite some time. It seems to me that I have been teleported by Celestia to the human world, where I have ended up on a computer monitor of all places." A sigh. "Why couldn't it have been a basement?"

I quickly finished my dinner and ran into the office. The sight was unreal — my OC was right there on the screen, but with his head turned towards me. How is that even possible? I eventually plucked up the courage to sit on the office chair.

"Hi there!"

"Who the buck are you?"

"I'm Noah Greenberg," I replied. "And you are?"

"My name is Greenscreen... but you should know that by now."

"'Now?!' I created you! It didn't take me that long, but still!"

Greenscreen deadpanned, although I could tell that he did indeed believe what he was seeing.

"Well... now that we have introduced ourselves, Noah, I have one teensy-weensy little favour to ask of you."

"And what would that be?" I replied.

"GET ME OUT OF THIS SCREEN!" he shouted, making me fall out of my chair and land on the floor with a thud.

"Ouch! All right, all right!" I grunted. "Okay, Greenscreen. I'll get you out of there, but you have to trust me on this." I stood up. "If watching cartoons has taught me anything, it's that you can take things off a screen and thus bring them into reality."

"Okay, but how is this going to—"

Before Greenscreen could say anymore, I reached forward towards the computer screen. I then felt my hands enter the screen.

"Noah, this is impossible!" Greenscreen said. "Get away from me!"

I shook my head. "Greenscreen, anything is possible with a mix of cartoon and real-world physics. Now, reach out with your hooves and I will pull you out on the count of three." I felt him grab my hands. "One... two... three!"

With great force I pulled him out of the screen, at which point both of us landed on the floor in a heap. Greenscreen got up and looked at me with shock — then gave me the most adorable squee that can't be recreated by any human in the world. I then looked back to the computer screen and frowned, noting that the place where Greenscreen had been standing was now taken by the default pony.

"I guess you won't be going back into the screen again." I got up and dusted myself off. "Well, Greenscreen, it seems that I have successfully brought you through the fourth wall." I paused. "Or, at least, the computer screen."

"I agree, Noah." Greenscreen nodded "After all, I do have a taste for technology — and I want to see this human world of yours, if only to see what interesting human technologies I can bring back to Equestria... depending how long I stay here."

I smiled and for the first time in years, I was in a state of true happiness. Over the next couple of weeks, I showed him around the house, introduced him to my family, and even brought him to brony meetups — where the bronies couldn't have been more happy for me, since they found my 'pet' too cute to bear.

I'd spend my free time sitting in the park, watching Greenscreen as he flew with gratuitous speed and performed various aerial stunts, some even drawing an admiring crowd of people.

One particular highlight was on a trip to the beach during spring break. I saw Greenscreen conversing to a woman sun-bathing on a beach towel. I was glad that he is capable of talking to strangers, but what happened next had me howling with laughter. His wings went rigid and he began blushing madly after the woman gave him a small kiss on the cheek.

On the drive home, as Greenscreen flew alongside my car, a thought occurred to me. I came to realise that he was becoming something that was completely unexpected: a friend.

A few weeks after I pulled Greenscreen from the computer screen, I began to explain to him what his cutie mark meant.

"Greenscreen, your cutie mark means that you are a genius at technology and you have the desire to spread technology all across Equestria to all its citizens."

"I see." Greenscreen nodded. "Noah, I have one personal question for you. Did I or do I have a mum and dad in Equestria?”

I quickly pondered his response. "You do have parents, Greenscreen, but I can't really say their names."

"Why not?"

"Because if there was any desire to have you as a canon character on the show, fans would speculate that you have parents. But if at any time they appear with you, they would remain nameless unless Hasbro or the brony fandom gives them official names. But, on a positive note, you do have a brother."

"A brother?!" Greenscreen's eyes lit up.

"Not just a brother, a twin brother. When my mum gave birth to me, she also gave birth to my twin brother. His name is Benjamin Greenberg, and he is also a brony. His OC, Slide Fortissimo, is your twin." I showed him a picture of Benjamin's OC.

"I can't believe it! He has the same hairstyle, tail, and eye colour!"

"Indeed. But the only difference is the colour of his fur. His is red and yours is green, meaning I like the colour green and Benjamin likes the colour red. I do recall when he put a black mane colour on Slide Fortissimo. Bronies do not have a liking to red and black OC’s, so he changed it to brown."

Greenscreen smiled, clearly relieved he was not alone in Equestria.

"Now, Greenscreen, I would like to to see if you can type on the computer. With those hooves of yours, it should be easy." I opened up a new document on Microsoft Word and ushered Greenscreen towards the keyboard.

"I don’t think this is a good idea."

"Come on, Greenscreen." I laughed. "How hard can it be?"

Greenscreen pushed his hoof onto the keyboard and squinted at the letters on the screen. "wdjfhoweferifoe? What does that mean?"

"Um... well, that is not an actual word. My only guess is that your hooves are too big for the keys." I thought for a moment, and snapped my fingers. "Hey, maybe you could invent a keyboard that ponies can use easily? Here, I’ll show you." I typed his name on the screen. "See, its easy for me."

For the rest of the evening, I continued to show him the many abilities of the computer, including the Internet (or, to be exact, a steady stream of YouTube videos). I looked at the clock and I knew it was getting close for me to go to bed.

Realising that Greenscreen was fast asleep in my lap, I gently picked him up and placed him on my blanket. Just as I was getting myself ready for bed, I heard my phone vibrate. Glancing at it, I saw that I had received a text message from someone.

Noah, I’ll be home in a few minutes. I'm currently riding on my OC's back and he's flying like a badass! I really want my OC to meet your OC for real. How about tomorrow? Please let me know, and I'll see you soon.

Benjamin.

I smiled and turned off my phone. I then looked at Greenscreen quietly sleeping on my bed.

"Looks like tomorrow is going to be another awesome day, Greenscreen. Goodnight."

I slowly got into bed, carefully avoiding where my OC was sleeping, and turned out the light.

Sleep came easily to me as I dreamed of what lay ahead.

Author's Note:

Hello!

I just want to say it was a pleasure being a part of this collaboration story, and thanks for the opportunity! I'm considering typing one or two stories this summer.

Sincerely,
mandolin15