• Published 2nd Jul 2015
  • 1,976 Views, 31 Comments

"But... I Made You!" - GeodesicDragon



[COLLAB] Seven authors. Seven stories. One question. "How would you react if you met your OC?"

  • ...
2
 31
 1,976

Trombone15

When I became a brony, I had to make an original character, or 'OC' for short, so that others could recognize who I was. The OC in particular was a red pegasus stallion with brown eyes, a brown mane and tail, and a cutie mark depicting a trombone.

I have been playing the trombone for eight years now, so I wanted my OC's special ability to be playing the trombone — and for him to be better at it than Pinkie Pie in that particular episode. One picture of my OC shows him partaking in a night flight, with hills covered by grass and bushes in the background. This particular picture also serves as my desktop background picture.

One day I began to ponder something. What if I met my OC? Questions began forming in my head. How would I react? How would my OC, Slide Fortissimo, react to me? I was disappointed that I will never be able to meet him.

That is, until one particular day changed my life forever.

It was a beautiful spring day during a week long holiday. I was enjoying the break by playing a computer game, and I was almost finished when I heard a sudden tapping at the window.

"Huh?" I was still staring at the screen, just as three loud knocks landed on the front door.

"Hello, is there anyone home?" a voice queried.

It sounded almost like my voice, but I was not entirely sure. My parents, brothers, and sister were not home, so I presumed it was just a neighbour. I got up from my desk chair and made my way to the door. What happened next was startling.

I opened the door, and there, standing outside on the front porch with a large grin, was my OC.

"Hello, sir! How are you today?" he asked. "Wait, who are you?"

I was lost for words. My mouth was hanging open, and I was very nervous. This can’t be happening, I thought to myself. I had no choice but to answer the pony's question.

"Are you Slide Fortissimo?" I asked.

"Yes."

That did it. I began to run around the inside of my house. "Oh my goodness, this is unreal — but it's true!"

I was in now in my bedroom. Did my day just get twenty percent cooler? Why, yes, it most certainly did. I ran back downstairs and opened the door, welcoming him inside.

"Welcome to my home, Slide," I said. "Make yourself comfortable."

I allowed my OC to walk into my house and then I led him into my living room, which is just a couple of chairs with a couch near the wall. I sat on one side of the couches, and Slide sat on the other.

"So, uh, let me say this again," Slide said. "Who are you?"

"Well, my name is Ben," I began. "Where you are is my home." I paused. "I can't believe you're here! I am so glad I created you!"

"Wait, what?" Slide shouted. "You 'created' me? That's impossible!"

"Just a minute," I said as I went to get my trombone out. I put it together and gave it to him, surprised that he was able to hold it in his hooves. He began to inspect the musical instrument.

"Wow," he said. "This trombone is certainly different to the one I've been using back in Equestria."

Before I could say anything, he began to play a solo that I knew very well. It was a jazz version of the Friendship is Magic theme song. When he was done, I was shocked and amazed.

"You're from Equestria? But I created you!"

I whipped out my phone and showed him a photo, the same one that I made using the pony creator.

"Wait, that’s me!" Slide was stunned. "So... so that means that you're my real father!"

"Wait a minute." I looked at him with a raised eyebrow. "You mean you live in Equestria... and you don't have a father?"

"Yes," Slide replied.

"Oh, my! This is just... amazing." I had begun to cry.

"Do you need a hug?" Slide soon asked.

"Yes," I proudly said, hugging him firmly — and it has to be said that it was the greatest hug I have ever felt in my entire life. After parting the hug, I asked Slide a question.

"So... you can fly, right?"

"Of course!" he beamed.

"Can I ride on your back?" I asked nicely. "I just need to get the paper from the convenience store."

"Sure you can!" Slide replied. "Let's go!"

Outside, in the front yard, I got onto Slide's back and put on a pair of goggles. I then put my arms around his neck and held on.

"Ready, Ben?" he asked.

"Ready as I’ll ever be," I replied.

Slide unfurled his wings and began to flap them very quickly. Then suddenly, he galloped down the driveway and took off into the air.

"Whoa!" I screamed, feeling the wind whipping around my face and hair. "That was the best take-off ever!"

"Thanks!" Slide shouted back. "As a matter of fact, I've done a sonic brassboom before!"

"What's a sonic brassboom?" I asked.

"It's like a sonic rainboom, only the result is the sound of a brass ensemble!" Slide replied with a grin.

"Cool!" I gave him a thumbs up.

After we landed safely at the convenience store, I bought a newspaper for me to read later. After a ten minute flight, Slide Fortissimo and I were back at my house.

"Would you like something to eat?" I asked him.

"I have a hankering for an apple right now," he replied. "So, if you've got any, I'd be happy to have one."

I went to the refrigerator and got out two delicious red apples, biting into one and giving the other to Slide.

"So, why did you make me?" he asked suddenly.

After a pause – given that I wasn't expecting him to ask me that – I told him the whole story. I told him how he once had a black mane instead of a brown one. I told him the process I went through which ultimately decided what his name should be. No detail was omitted.

Once I finished, he took a moment to think before responding.

"Ben, you have made me feel like the greatest pegasus in Equestria. I founded the first jazz ensemble in Ponyville, as well as a music class at the schoolhouse. As for how I got here, I asked Princess Celestia that I wanted to know how I was created. I wanted to know who made me, and where my creator lived. After passing through a portal that lead to this universe, I landed here in front of this house. That is when I met you. I was scared and nervous, worrying that you wouldn't accept me. Now I know that this picture of me will always remember the time I met you."

I was shocked and surprised. "Does this mean you have to leave?"

Slide Fortissimo sighed. "Yes, Ben, I'm afraid so. But it's been nice meeting you, and I wish you nothing but the very best of luck on your future endeavours!"

I gave him one last hug. "Goodbye," I said.

Slide spread out his wings and took off into the sky. With a flash, he was gone. I stared solemnly at the sky for a moment, then sighed wistfully and made my way back into the house.

Better go practice my trombone, I guess... I thought as I walked into my house — with a large smile fixed firmly on my face.

Author's Note:

My name is Benjamin Greenberg currently residing in Barrington, Rhode Island in the United States of America. I go by Trombone15 here on FimFiction, Trombone2015 on deviantart, and my OC's name, if you know already, is Slide Fortissimo. I have been part of the fandom since June of 2014 and have only written one complete story on Fimfiction called "Derpy on the ETA." Check it out if you haven't. Also, I play the ukulele as well.

Check out my youtube channel, which is my name in fact. I have never been a part of a collaboration and this has been my first. What got me interested was that this entry is completely fictional with the locations being real, making me type a story that I would enjoy reading later. Please comment on this collaboration entry as best as you can. If there are edits, please say so in the comments. Thank you for reading my entry and I hope you enjoy the others. Happy reading!