• Published 5th May 2015
  • 7,143 Views, 123 Comments

Metroplex heeds the call ADOPTED - ironwar



Ok we all know this so just to get to the point, I love transformers. Like fall of cybertron. So I went as a guy from the game and well lets just say it's big.

  • ...
17
 123
 7,143

Answers and what the buck

Metroplex pov

The remaining changelings fled the city, their cries of fear from the giant that so easily killed their queen was like music. I felt great, no I felt greater than great. I had saved an entire city from a weird bug queen and save everyone down below. I felt like I was on top of the world... mostly because I kinda was. As I patted myself on the back, I could hear one of the ponies down below call to me. It was the purple one. "Hey. Just who and what are you?" That as a little hard to explain. How was I supposed to tell them I was some bipedal geek who went to a costume convention as a fictional character, only to become said character and sleeping for what felt like a thousand or so years. Well... I guess I could try that.
"My name is Mason. I'm from the planet earth."
"A-Are there more out there like you?" I could see the purple unicorn looking up at me, waiting for my response.
"As I am now; no. In fact, this isn't the real me. I was once around your height, but a little taller." Twilight sighed in relief. I would understand to. If I was her size and there were more of me, I'd shit my pants with such velocity that I'd escape to the moon for safety.
"How did you get here? As our mountain?"
"I... don't know. I have just... been here. The last thing I remember I went as a fictional character, a titan class transformer by the name of Metroplex. After a flash of light it was just... dark. All I knew was that I was waiting for something called the elements of harmony. I wanted nothing more than to heed its call." The small pony looked back to the others and nodded.
"That would be me and my friends. Does that mean you'll do whatever we ask you to?"
"That is true, as long as it is within my power." The little pony turned to the ruined city. She saw the damage that the changelings had done to her home. Bodies littered the streets and those that did survived looked over all that they had lost. With a determined look, Twilight turned back to me.
"Can you help us?"
I nodded to her. "What would you have me do?"
"The changelings have laid waste to our capital city. Can you repair it to its former glory?" I looked over the city. I could see the city's destruction in great detail. The lives lost, the homes burned, and businesses laid in rubble.
"I... cannot." They laid their heads down in disappointment. But then I remembered. I was Metroplex, a mountain wasn't his original form. Thus, I could give these ponies what they wanted and a way to put on a show for them. "But I do have one way to help." They seemed to perk up a bit as I spoke. Looking around to make sure I wasn't stepping on anything important. I found a good spot and began my transformation. Focusing, I could feel my new body begin to shift and mold itself. The rock on my metallic form began to crumble off me as I soon took my new form.
I tried to emulate the design of a modern earth city. Tall buildings took shape as I folded into myself into what looked like a sprawling city. It wasn't as elegant as the city that was destroyed, but it would do for the time being. My transformation was complete and I now sat as a sprawling metropolis beside what remained on the mountain.
Homes formed on me, tall buildings empty ready to be filled and to be made of use. I wasn't perfect but my body could form whatever people would need and more, so long as I had something to make it with. My large guns and defenses could be seen, letting all know that this city wasn't all that defenseless. A symbol that I'd like to think dared anyone else to try and mess with me. Maybe put them up against my un-making cannon. Though, with all things, there was a downside. Being in, I could no longer speak. I'd have to find a way to work around that.

Twilight pov

I couldn't believe it, I wanted to but everything I had ever learned told me that what I saw was not real. And yet It was right in front of me, in front of all of us. Our jaws hit the floor as we saw the hulking monster fold into what looked like a sprawling city. It was unheard of, unfathomable even. Yet... it just was. I could feel an eye twitch as I tried to contemplate what I saw.
"Twilight? Yo twilight, you awake?" I jumped as I felt a hoof nudge me. My friends had gathered around me. "So, what do we do? Do we blast 'em with the elements?" I looked out at the gleaming city and took a deep breath.
"No. At least not yet. Mason gave his physical form for the ponies to have a home. We should at the very least see if it is safe for other ponies to live in." They all looked to one another skeptically, but in the end they agreed.
"Fine, but I think that half of us should stay behind and help the ponies who'd need it." I could understand Rainbow's logic. There could most likely be ponies still trapped somewhere.
"Okay Rainbow. You, Rarity and Fluttershy can stay behind and help ponies who may need it. Pinkie, AJ and I will go check out Mason. If it's not safe, we'll use the elements to detain him."
"Twilight." I stood at attention as my mentor came forward, looking down at me as she limped forward. "I don't know whether Mason is a threat or not and this... this whole ordeal is strange to even me. I must ask that you be careful." I give her a reassuring nod and bring her into a hug. It may be informal but I sort of needed it at the moment.
"Okay Everypony, let's go check him out." Applejack and Pinkie followed me out of the ruined castle. Mason was a walking oddity and we weren't prepared for anything we may find on him. We would have to keep up our guard if he wanted to do us harm. Though, something told me he wasn't a threat but I learned to trust my instincts after the wedding fiasco.

Metroplex pov
(fifteen minutes later)

I spent my time getting to know my body, no pun intended. I may have been a transformers fan, but being one gave me a perspective that I never knew existed. Half of the stuff I had I never even knew existed. Most of them I didn't know what they were, but I knew one of them. Energon levels. I was thankful that my energy was at full power for the time being. I had lost some during the fight due to the hit I took from that bug queen.
But other than that, everything showed to be in the green. I didn't want to mess around with anything, mostly because I was packing some serious firepower. I could flex my pinkie and accidentally start World War 3 all by myself.
As I looked over my new form, a small ringing went off in my mind, telling me that there was someone on me. Without eyes, I had to resort to other means. I had a few cameras along the streets, allowing me to survey the city that was now my body. I could see three small, and familiar ponies walking along my streets. I could them looking around me. A look of fear and awe were in their eyes. I was probably the most advanced thing they've ever seen, I wouldn't blame them. Hell, I was the most advanced thing I've ever seen. I had no idea if flexing my toes would flush a random toilet in the third floor of a house or launch a garbage can into space.
"Mason?! Mason can you hear us?" I tried to talk to them, but I couldn't do anything as such. I needed a way to talk to them, to interact with them. Yet I didn't know anything that could do that. I was once again trapped in my body and if I transformed, I would surely squash them under my feet. I needed an alternative.
Then, as if it were a miracle, I function came up on my H.U.D. It looked to be the outline of a human body. Curious, I gave it a try and activated the function. One of the buildings came to life and began to build something. As the machines built something, I could feel my consciousness extend out to whatever it was that it was building inside. I was still with the city and now I could feel myself becoming part of whatever I was becoming.

Twilight pov

I had never seen a city like this. The buildings were shinier than the ones in Manehattan, only much shinier. It didn't mind me much, but I could see that Applejack wasn't exactly a fan. The city life wasn't her thing. As for Pinkie, she was just happy to visit a new place that just so happened to be a living thing. I could already see it in her eyes, she was going to throw a party for him.
Yet, despite all that, I was determined to make sure that this was safe for ponies to live in. "Hey, Twilight. Look." Pinkie points to random direction. I look to see what had caught her attention. Soon enough, we all look to see something. It was walking on two legs like a Minotaur. Standing tall and wearing some strange clothes. He looked to his own hands as he came towards us.
"Uh... hello." It said. We were ready to fight in case it was dangerous. "Wait! Wait! Its me! Mason!" I freeze up as I look at him baffled.

Author's Note:

there you have it chapter 3

All thank's to my new editor "Mr critical" give a like for the story and him.