• Published 7th Oct 2016
  • 8,610 Views, 161 Comments

Son of the Moon: Nightmare of a Child - Unending Suffering



A young Human child is orphaned in Equestria, Princess Luna is the first to discover the child and takes it upon herself to care for the child among her many responsibilities.

  • ...
12
 161
 8,610

Chapter 3

For a week after the noble incident Luna stayed locked in her room, and Celestia had to raise the moon for her. Celestia would come by in the mornings with food for the two, and would stay with them until lunch where she would leave to do some paper work. Celestia had no plans in re-opening either of the courts for a long time, but she still had other work that was required when you were running a country. Celestia would often return for dinner and then would stay with them until they fell asleep. Celestia knew her sister needed all the support she could get, but she also knew it was up to her sister on whether she would fully recover or not.

As weeks passed Luna slowly re-integrated herself with the rest of the castle. Celestia was happy that her sister was recovering, but she had not been expecting the talk she found herself and her sister in roughly a month later.


Luna and Celestia were seated at their normal positions in the royal dining room. The two were enjoying small talk over breakfast, while Luna tended to her son. The two had been surprised by how much the child had grown in a month. Jack had also started standing and was capable of walking without support for a short time. He had also started using simple words to express his needs. Words like "Fud" and "momma" and "wata" were used quite often.

At some point in their conversation, Luna seemed to have trailed off. Enquiring into her sisters silence, Celestia received a shocking answer.

"I think I want to step down from being a princess" Luna's eyes showed a tiredness Celestia had not seen on her sisters face at all. "I simply cannot rule at this time, besides my son needs me." explained Luna further.

Celestia closed her eyes and took a deep breath, "if that is what you wish then I will always support you, lulu." Celestia knew she could not force her sister to rule, especially not now as she had a child to take care of. Even though Celestia was saddened to hear that Luna was hurting so much; she also knew that this might help her sister recover.

Opening her eyes Celestia saw her sisters face was a mix of relief and confusion. Celestia could not fully stop herself from chuckling at her sister.

"Do you think so little of me that I would force you to stay as a princess dear Lulu?" Teased Celestia, as she placed a foreleg over her eyes and turned her head.

Luna tried to keep her face straight.

"HA!" Luna blushed as a guffaw passed her lips.

Silence

And then the entire room was filled with the melodious giggles of Celestia and Luna. With a giggling Jack joining in simply because it seemed fun. Jacks giggle's only set off the princesses more. In the papers the next day it was said that the laughing could be heard for roughly an hour. It suffice to say that the three had been quite winded afterwards, opting to instead spend quality family time to pass the day away.

Author's Note:

So.

I'm sorry this took so long for something so short, but this needed to be written to finally kick start this story. Also school kinda happened. I hope you understand.

Next chapter will move the story right along.