• Published 21st Apr 2015
  • 1,125 Views, 39 Comments

The Forgotten Princess - Okami1197



Lightning Storm had a good life, she had two loving parents, a brother, and two sisters. One night all that changed and she lost all of it.

  • ...
2
 39
 1,125

Chapter 6

Author's Note:

I do not own any song in this chapter.

just for a little reference towards Dinok's and Cloudy's ages. Dinok is about 17 ish and Cloudy is 16.

It has been a couple of years since I lost myself to the urge to protect my closest friend. My mother has once again grown distant after she found the town of Hoofington and began training the guard. Uncle has kept true to his word that he would protect Ms. Twilight. The Dragons have made their intentions known to all after the attempted assassination of Ms. Twilight. That was last year. Every major city has been fortified to be safe. Even though I have shown that I do not intend to harm anypony most still see me as a threat. Cloudy Sky's dad understands why I did what I did but he wants me to stay away from her and since he told me and her that she has become unstable at the best of moments. I am fairing a bit better than she is but I am still not fairing that well. Today there is supposed to be a town assembly. Why I don't know no pony does.

------

Dinok walks outside of his room inside of Twilight's Castle, and walks towards the castle entrance, "Why must ponies be so stubborn. Ms. Twilight why do you insist on me going to this assembly? Most ponies are scared of me."

"So that they can see what the one you were guarding that day has to say about you. Her father has been keeping her feelings from everypony. She came to me and asked for me to do this. She needs the town to see the truth." Twilight said from behind Dinok startling him a little.

Dinok stopped and faced Twilight, "What is there to say? She is scared of me, and everypony knows it!" he snapped and continue walking.

"She knows that you have been writing songs by the way." Dinok stopped, "I gave her copies of them to see if any would work for what she has to say. That is why you are going."

"Stay out of my room and never touch my stuff again!" Dinok growled, "She was never meant to see any of that. Those songs are what I wrote to keep myself from going mad. They kept me occupied so I would not think about her ok."

"I….I'm sorry. I didn't know."

"Ya, you didn't." Dinok started to walk away with a single tear running down his face.

"Dinok. Wait please. Let me explain." Twilight pleaded.

"You have explained enough. Now stay away from me until I am in a better mood. You know what happens when I loose my temper." Dinok responded as he exited the castle.

Twilight collapsed and started to sob.

-----

Dinok walked through the streets and ponies were moving closer to the sides of the roads to get away from the thestral. The only pony that did not avoid him was the other thestral that his Aunt Luna stationed here to watch over him, "Hello Ms. Night how are you?"

"Haven't I told you to either call me Summer or Night? I do not want you to call me Ms. because it makes me feel old, and I am not old." the large thestral mare was a dark shade of gray that some called black with a midnight blue mane that has a dark red stripe through it.

"I'm sorry. It's just that Ms. Twilight is getting on my nerves."

"What is she doing?"

"Not doing. What she did. She gave something to somepony. They were never supposed to see or hear the songs that I wrote to occupy myself, and Twilight gave her a copy of all of them!"

"Does that have something to do with this mysterious town assembly and the stage in the middle of town that Vinyl is putting her equipment on?"

"Yes and we need to hurry, because I do not want her to do something and make other ponies hate her too. I can live with it. She can not."

"Lets get going then." Dinok nodded and the pair started to gallop to the town center.

----

"Vinyl do you think he is coming?" Cloudy asked nervously.

"Look kid. He is coming. I don't hate that colt for what he did for a reason. He cares more about others than himself. That is why he fought those guards. You were in some form of pain and he was stopping them from causing you anymore." the DJ said as she plugged in the final speaker cable.

"So you're saying that he will come so he does not hurt my feelings."

"Pretty much." Vinyl looked up from her equipment and faced towards Twilights castle, "And it looks like he came through for you. I'll be right back" Vinyl hopped off the stage and walked towards the two galloping thestrals, "Hey you to. Don't even try to stop her."

Dinok and Summer slide to a stop so they don't run into Vinyl, "She can't do this. I couldn't bare for her to be pushed away because she is trying to stick up for me."

"She is hurting more than you know already. Her father left her because she wanted to do this. She is already alone. No pony is trying help her either. Other than me that is. By the way she wanted you to be the one to use this." Vinyl levitated a wireless headset over to Dinok, "This is a prototype, but it works."

"Why does she want me to have this?"

"You will know when it is time to use it. I have to go finish final preparations for the show. Won't be long before the rest of the town gets here so go get you a spot closish to the stage." Vinyl went back to the stage.

"Ok that is interesting. So are you going to do what she is asking?" Summer asked.

"I will. Only because her father left her. I will not turn my back on her. Ever." the duo moved towards the stage that now had a curtain blocking the backstage area.

-----

Mayor Mare was on the stage talking about Dinok's little incident and the fact that he was protecting Cloudy and so father. After a while she went quiet and looked over the crowd and lingered on Dinok for a moment, "Now let me welcome little Cloudy Sky to the stage."

Ponies in the crowd started to mumble to each other as the curtain split revealing Cloudy holding a microphone in her magic. She nodded to the side of the stage towards Vinyl and the music started.

It Dinok a moment to realize what she was singing and readied himself. When the moment came he launched himself into the air and started to sing with Cloudy. The crowd gasped at the sudden addition to the show. A few ponies started to leave, but the rest started to cheer as Dinok landed next to Cloudy. The two locked eyes and smiled as they sung. Their voices mixing together perfectly for the song. When it was time Dinok moved closer to the edge of the stage for his little moment with the lead. As soon as it was over he used his wings to propel himself back beside Cloudy to finish the song.

"I hope that the fact of Dinok placing himself in danger just for my happiness puts somethings right. I just hope that he can forgive me for not refusing to listen to my dad about him sooner." Cloudy looks at Dinok and smiles.

Dinok smiles and walks closer to her, "I forgive you." he then kisses her on the cheek, "And I will talk to my mother about your fathers actions. She will not be happy with him. He put you in pain, and she cannot stand parents who do that to their foals. Especially the ones in her guard."

"Thank you Dinok." Cloudy leaned in and whispered something into Dinok's ear. He nodded as she pulled away, "I think that one more song should be played today. This is for Dinok to sing so I will not be joining him there, but I will be joining him with this." Cloudy levitated an instrument that had six stings on it, "This is one of Vinyl's toy that she has been making. It's called a guitar and this song did not sound right without out it. Ask her if you want to know more about it."

Dinok removed the headset and grabbed the mic with his wing, "I'm ready when you are." with a nod Vinyl turned up Cloudy's guitar Channel, and the song began.