• Published 21st Apr 2015
  • 1,125 Views, 39 Comments

The Forgotten Princess - Okami1197



Lightning Storm had a good life, she had two loving parents, a brother, and two sisters. One night all that changed and she lost all of it.

  • ...
2
 39
 1,125

Chapter 9

All the guards in the area raised their weapons as a changeling and dragon limped over a hill next to Ponyville, "Go get Prince Dinok, Princess Sky, and, Princess Storm." Cpt. Blaze ordered and one of his men saluted and ran towards the castle.

"Please, help us…" the changeling said before passing out. Immediately followed by the serpent like dark blue wingless dragon.

----

"I say we hear them out then decide whether or not if they can be trusted mother. All the wounds on the dragon's body look like she was attacked by another dragon, and the changeling has wounds from weapons that are known to be used by the griffons." Dinok said standing between his mother and the two resting bodies of the towns new arrivals.

"I don't care. They should not be allowed anyplace other than the dungeon. Both of their races are enemies with Equestria." Storm snapped back.

Dinok closed the distance between him and his mother and slapped her on the muzzle, "Did you even listen to yourself just now?" he growled slightly, "You are being races right now." Dinok motioned for two guards to come closer, "I want you two to take my mother to another spot in the castle and tell the two outside that only me and Princess Sky are allowed into this room until further notice." the two guards saluted and lead a grumbling storm out of the room, "I hate how this is. I just want to go someplace and scream but I can't, because I am the one in charge of this who thing. Ever since I was scorched by that dragon to save Sky, I sold myself to servitude."

"Well I don't know about that." Sky said as she walked into the room, "You did not have to become a prince and I did not have to be a princess. We could have just helped end this and then watch over everyone from a distance together." Sky nuzzled Dinok's neck and then gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"You are aware of the changeling on the bed right over there aren’t you?"

"Yes, but the poor thing is probably poisoned because of all the hate your mother was sending out. I only want for her to feel better so I can speak to her mare to mare." Sky responded sweetly as she moved closer to the changeling, "You poor thing. I bet all you did was try and protect some innocent ponies from the griffons, and the little dragoness was just trying to help you." Sky rubbed the changeling's side in a comforting manor.

"There is more than that. Most dragons follow those stronger than them in an attempt to survive. If the dragoness was helping the changeling then she was either raised with ponies or she was raised by one of the hives that are near Equestria." Dinok said as he eyed the dragoness.

"Uh….." the changeling tried to lift her head but was to weak to do so.

"Don't try and move dear you are hurt. Just try and open your eyes for me." Sky said like a mother to her child.

The changeling opened her eyes and to everypony's surprise they were not the usual blueish color. They were red, "Wh…where am I?" she said weakly.

"You are in Ponyville." Dinok said with his usual stern voice causing the changeling to flinch then wince in pain. Before Dinok could continue Sky punched his shoulder, "Ow. I deserved that." he said in a now more gentle tone, "To be specific you are in Princess Twilight Sparkle's Castle. We brought you and your friend here when you collapsed at the edge of town."

"Zmey …." the changeling said quietly as she forced her body to work and lifted her head, "Zmey …"

Slowly she tried to slide out of the bed, but was sloped with magic, "You need to stay in bed. Your friend is fine." Sky said softly.

"They are more than just friends Sky. Look at how she is looking at her." Dinok stated.

"How can you tell, that is what their relationship is by how she is looking at her?"

"Because that is how you looked at me when you thought I was not looking at you." Dinok's horn was covered by a dark blue as he started to move the dragoness and her bed next to the changeling, "I hope this is better for you."

The changeling looked toward Dinok and smiled. She slowly slid herself close enough to be able to touch the dragon, "Zmey . I'm sorry." she whispered.

"Would you mind telling us your name?" Sky asked softly.

"I am Cleveska Vulntar, and this is Spokoynyy Zmey." Cleveska said quietly.

"I am Cloudy Sky, and mister tall dark and scary is Dinok Druniik." Sky said with a smile before she started to giggle.

"If I may ask, why are you white with red eyes?" Dinok asked.

Sky slapped Dinok harder than last time, "She needs her rest. Once she is up and moving then you can ask your questions, but until then leave her be."

Dinok hung his head, "Fine. I will let her rest, but I want to know what happened to them and who they are beyond just their names."

----

Zmey was out for three days and in that time Cleveska managed to get enough love for her to be able to move around some. While she was walking back to Zmey's bed, Cleveska saw Zmey open her eyes some, "Zmey!" she yelled as she ran to the dragoness's side, "I have been so worried about you."

Zmey smiled, "Must you be so loud? I have a ubiytsa headache."

When she finished her sentence the door opened and Sky walked in, "I see our little dragoness finally woke up from her nap." she joked, "Cleveska could you go and get Dinok for me? I would like to talk to Ms. Spokoynyy alone for a bit."

"If she does not mind, and I do not have to go near the gray hate box that Dinok calls his mother." Cleveska said with a bit of disgust at the thought of Storm.

"The guards are following an order from me and Dinok. They should keep her away from you." Sky said with a reassuring smile.

"It is fine Cleveska. I would like some time to talk with an alicorn myself. " Zmey said calmly.

"If that is want you want." Cleveska walked out the room.

"How long was I out alicorn?"

"For close to four days, three since Cleveska woke up. Now what is a dragon doing this close to Equestria's Capital?"

"Me and Cleveska have come from a boarder town with a warning. Our home was under attack from the dragon army when we left."

"Wait you mean you live as an Equestrian citizen." Sky said slightly confused.

"More or less. I am not officially a citizen and neither is Cleveska, but we are accepted in the town that we came from. I don't know if it is there anymore or if the dragons destroyed it, and if they did I feel bad for them." Zmey chuckled a little despite the pain she was feeling.

"Why do you feel bad for them?"

"My dad. He is… Well lets just say he knows of Celestia's parents and their kingdom. He waits for it to return so he can redeem himself for failing his job long ago. He never spoke in detail."

The door opened and Storm walked in, "Did you say your father knows of my parent's kingdom, and that he failed long ago?" Zmey nodded, "It can't be him. I searched for him so that I wouldn't be alone."

"Do you know her father?" Sky asked.

"That depends. Is his name Radetel?" Zmey nodded, "I can't believe that he managed to hide for so long. He is absolutely massive even by dragon standards."

"There is a reason he is the guardian of our town. Him and the local hive is the only means of protection we had."

----

"Radetel, the invaders are fleeing from the town." a stallion with a black coat and a fiery mane and tail said.

A large almost black dark green dragon turned to face the much smaller pony, "I see. Any word from my daughter and her herd?"

"Only Lance has returned. He said that they were separated when they tried to sneak off to one of Equestria's castles."

"Well let us hope that they are successful. In the mean time prepare the Black Star for launch. I want all able body ponies, changelings, and everyone else that can help taught to fight. We are joining the Equestrians in war."

"Yes sir."