• Published 21st Apr 2015
  • 1,125 Views, 39 Comments

The Forgotten Princess - Okami1197



Lightning Storm had a good life, she had two loving parents, a brother, and two sisters. One night all that changed and she lost all of it.

  • ...
2
 39
 1,125

Chapter 2

Author's Note:

Note: This chapter is after season four. Yes she has been gone that long.

I look at the dark purple alicorn standing next to me, "Brother I think it is time that we return to our sisters so that they can see you."

He nods.

Ponyville School House: Just after School

Cheerilee, packs her saddlebags as a thestral (bat pony) colt, who is much larger than other colts his age, approches her, "Is something wrong Dinok?"

He shakes his head, "No ma'am I just wanted to ask if there was any way for you to teach me without any of the other foals around. I have issues paying attention with them around."

"Well that is quite a surprising question saying that you live in the castle with Princess Twilight. Couldn't you ask her to help you with your school work?"

Dinok swiftly shakes his head, "She scares me when it comes to school work."

"I see......"

Canterlot Castle Throne Room

The main doors to the throne room open as Luna walks in followed by a small group of her guards, "Sister it is worrying that there has been no sightings of her since she left Dinok with us. I don't fear the worst about her, I fear for our little ponies." Luna stops in the middle of the throne room as Celestia looks up from a scroll.

Celestia takes a deep breathe, "I agree Luna, but unless we know where she is at the is nothing we can do. I hope she does not see us sending Dinok to Ponyville to spend time in school with other foals and to learn skills from the elements as pampering him."

A small group of both solar and lunar guards, "Princesses there has been reports from the north about two fast moving pegasi one of which has the lightning trail."

"Two? Who would she be traveling with and why the north?" Celestia questioned worried for everyone.

Ponyville Castle

A small purple and green dragon opens the door for Dinok and called out, "Twilight he's back!"

The thestral looked at Spike, "Did I do something wrong or does she just worry?"

"I don't know dude but I would prepare for a lecture just incase."

Dinok nodded and started for the throne room. Along the way he started to think about his family. Both Luna and Celestia are his aunts but who is his mother and father. Every time he brought up the subject everypony just changed the subject. Not even his current caretaker Twilight Sparkle knows who his parents are. As he opened the throne room door a purple magic picked the thestral up and placed him in front of the lavender alicorn of friendship, "Dinok…." was all she said at first. She looked sad but glad at the same time which confused Dinok a great deal, "I got word from your aunts. They said that soon your mother would be back. They said something about having another family member was accompanying her back to Canterlot."

"Why do you look so sad Ms. Twilight?" Dinok turned his head slighty to the side.

"I got so used to having you here, I just don't want you to leave just yet. School is not over yet, you have made many friends since you got here, and there is still so much me and my friends can teach you."

Canterlot Castle Courtyard

In the castle courtyard, guards moved slowly watching everything. Their normally stern faces show slight amounts of fear towards whatever has their princess worried. "Sister do you really think she will be getting here this soon? We only recently learned of her movement toward us." Luna spoke quietly not certain of her sister's choice of action. "You are scaring your guards with how you are acting. They probably feel like something is about to attack us, and yet you do not try and comfort them."

Celestia sighs, "Luna they have every right to feel like we are about to be attacked; our sister has never truly been the violent type but she was never a inoccent flower either. I worry that she might turn on me and in turn you turn on her which will drive our already distant family farther away. But to be honest I do not fear what she will do, I fear for what the unknown pony raveling with her will do." Celestia looks at the clear sky above the castle grounds as a letter sent by dragon fire materializes in front of her.

Dear Princess Celestia,

I have gathered all of Dinok's belongings and await word of his mothers arrival home. I would like to suggest that she finds a way to keep him in school here in Ponyville, because there is a lot of foals both older and younger than him that look to him for comfort. I don't know whether it is because of how much larger he is than other foals or just the fact that he is so nice to all of them. Cheerilee was not happy to hear about him leaving town because since he got here one a lot of the teasing stopped and two all of her students grades went up. Also it will probably hurt him to be taken away from those he started to call friends like the CMC, Dinky Doo, Pina, and Button Mash. I know that he would be able to visit but just the thought of not having my friends around hurts, and I grew up without them. Him on the other hoof grew up with them so imagin what it will do to him.

Your Fateful Student and Fellow Princess,

Twilight Sparkle

Celestia looked at the ground, "Why must she be right."

Luna walked closer to her sister, "What do you mean by that Tia. Who is always right?"

"Twilight that’s who. She brought up a good point in this letter. We can't just pull Dinok away from Ponyville. He has friends there, he has a life that is his own there. I don't know what todo because Storm might not be willing to live in that pleasant little town."

As if on que storm clouds started to form around the castle. Lightning was flashing in the sky as the local weather team tried to tame the storm. The wind started to pick up as two figures appeared in the sky separate from the weather team, who have almost given up on the storm. The two figures started flying towards the place where Celestia and Luna were standing. As they moved closer it started to feel like the castle entered the eye of the storm as everything became calm. Celestia flinched slightly when she realized who was causing the storm, Lightning Storm. Matters were made worse when she realized that flying next to Storm was a large dark purple (almost black) alicorn with a mane that seemed to be made of stars. As the two touched the ground Celestia went to speak but she was knocked back by a telekinetic blast from Storm, "I have no desire to speak with any other than my son." Storm snapped.

In a deepish voice the dark colored alicorn spoke, "Sister at least let them welcome us before you get cruel. I have been stuck in an orb for a long time. I for one would like to speak to my younger sisters." the stallion smiled at Celestia who was being helped up by Luna.

Celestia glared at the pair, "You think you can just show up, launch me into the air, and make demands! This is my castle and you will treat me as such." she shifted her gaze slightly to focus on the stallion, "And you! I don't care who you think you are, but my brother is dead. I watched him get eaten by that dragon all those years ago. Guards! Arrest them!"

Ponyville Train station

Twilights jaw fell as she watched the storm form above Canterlot, "Dinok we need to hurry. I know you don't like to teleport but this is an emergency," Twilight's horn started to glow brightly as she focused.

Dinok just looked at the alicorn in shock.

Canterlot Air Space

"Sister why must you do this!" Luna called out to Celestia only to be ignored. Suddenly a bright purple flash caught Luna's gaze, "Twilight thank the maker you are here."

Twilight looked worryingly at Luna, "What is happening?" Dinok hid the best he could behind Twilight not feeling safe anyplace else.

"Celestia lost her temper because of our other sister."

"Other sister? I thought it was just you two. The last of the alicorns until me and Cadence showed up."

"I thought that too until a little after my return. I found Lightning Storm, my other sister, in Celestia's breakfest chair."

Twilight facehooved, "Then why did none of us know about her?"

"Celestia feared the repeat of the night our parents died if Storm would have been around."

Celestia slammed into the ground not to far from them creating a small crater. Before Celestia could stand back up a gray and blue blur slammed into her, "Face it Celestia, you cannot beat me. Stand down and I will stop this, but if you try to attack me again I will put you out of camition. I won't kill you because your family but I tire of this." there was the sound of caughing coming from the crater as Storm walked out of it, "I'm sorry you had to see that Luna. Now could you please have your guard retrieve our brother from whatever cell Tia stuck him in." Luna nods and trots away from the group. Storm turns her attention to Twilight, "Hello there."

Twilight just stood still for a moment before she could speak, "H..hello?"

"Don't be scared. I was simply defending myself from me sister who is mad for no reason." Storm said with a smile as she wiped a little blood from her face.

"Wh…who are you?" Twilight asked, slightly afraid of the alicorn in front of her.

"My name is Lightning Storm, once the Princess of Storms. I think I shall take the title of Princess of War until the world is truly at peace again."

"Why do you want to be that. I don't really know you but you can't just like to fight so much that you are willing to be the princess of war. I mean I don't think that anypo-" Twilight was cut off as Storm shoved her hoof into her mouth.

"Let me stop you there. I don't know how it started but I don't ever want to hear you say everypony every again in that context because, lets face it, there are violent races all over the planet. So until all are under one banner of peace like when my parents ruled, there will always be war." Storm removed her hoof from Twilights mouth, now you may continue."

"Well as I was saying; I don't see why anyone would want to be known for war." Storm hummed inoccently to herself, only to be silenced by a foal's hoof poking her leg, "Dinok don't do that. She is dangerous."

Storm look at the thestral foal and smiled, "Dinok! My dear son you have grown!" Storm picked up Dinok in a hug and fell onto her back.

Dinok looked utterly confused by the grey alicorn's actions, but smiled non-the less, "Mom?" he asked still unsure.

"Yes, my son I am thee mother." as the two conversed an hugged a medical team moved to help Celestia and Luna returned with the other alicorn.

Twilight looked at the large stallion walking next to Luna, "Twilight, please stop staring at my brother. It is unbecoming of you dear." Luna said teasingly. Twilight could only blush and close her mouth.

"Sister please don't tease the poor mare. I am handsome after all. Am I not?" he said jokingly.

A small rock hit the stallion in the head, "Void Star! Be quiet before I seal your lips with magic." Storm snapped as she let Dinok go, so they could stand.

"Sisters, brother, and Twilight, now that there is five alicorns, not including Princess Cadence, that live here in Equestria we will need to divide our stable nation into equal rulings so there is no issues regarding power." Celestia said as she slowly limped over to the group.

Storm turned her head to Celestia, "I am taking control of the military, and no you cannot stop me." Storm smiled, "We have proven this already, but I will need a place to properly train the troops to combat any of our possible enemies."

"I will not argue with you sister for I am just starting to recover from our last disagreement. Twilight I would like you to take up control of Equestria's education board, Luna and I will stay as we are and raise and lower the sun and moon, and brother what would you do?"

Void Star moved closer to Twilight and smiled, "Well from the looks of the small town not to far from here, there is a castle and every castle has a princess and should have a form of guard for said princess. So I shall guard this little princess." he draped his wing over Twilight making her jump from the sudden contact, "Don't worry I won't do anything she does not want me to do. I will be at her command."

Celestia looked at the group before her and smiled, "This will be the beginning of Equestria's golden time."