• Published 12th Apr 2015
  • 426 Views, 2 Comments

Sovereign - Imperaxum



Tirek met his end in the Griffon Empire, cut down by gunpowder and steel; in an Equestria robbed of its Princesses, ponies with ambition try to rise above the rest of the herd.

  • ...
0
 2
 426

End

Hello. If you are reading this, doubtless you have followed the instructions engraved upon it and have successfully undone the clasp without it exploding. Congratulations. Perhaps the sudden appearance of this urn requires context, then. You have earned that much. And if you've opened it by some arcane work of technology, then I am in no position to dispute your actions.

In the later years of my life, I siphoned off a small but steady percentage of the national income to a personal project. Dozens of agents making queries across the world; soon, I had a pony with special instructions on every exploration fleet. Fueled some intricate conspiracies, and while foreigners have never needed much evidence to immediately suspect the worst of the Empire, I swear on my life that this urn was the extent of my ambitions.

With that particular project, at least.

Success came in the last years of my life. I traveled to the mountains, talked with the mage. Talked of the old times. Almost as good company as Fritter. He was relived my task for him was so relatively benign.

In this urn are all my personal effects. Study them, burn them, use them as toiletries. I suppose it depends on the state of society right now. I hope Fritter was all right. I'll admit there's nothing particularly significant in here, just things of historical note. My final gesture to be remembered, and if there is no life beyond death, a memento of somepony who once lived, but no more.

I will not busy you with my ramblings any longer. If Equestria still exists, blessings upon it, and its ponies, two hundred years from me.

- First Emperor of the Equestrian Empire

Not much to go by, but the other documents are fascinating. I'm sending it to the Archives in I-7. Of more practical note is the residual magic we're detecting; powerful, more complicated than I've ever seen. Ponies are regarding the readings with a bit of fear over here. Hopefully your ponies can make better sense of it. They're fading, so act quick. My regards.

~ Head Researcher Silicon of the Canterlot Institute of Technology

+sent along secure telecomms wire 429-3-21-theta-20+
+priority IV+
+equestria over all+

Comments ( 1 )

Well done. I liked it. Thumbs up

Login or register to comment