• Published 26th Mar 2015
  • 603 Views, 12 Comments

Tambelon School of Knighthood - Catrina37



Scorpan, Thorne, and Rep tell the CMC and their sisters the story of their days in Tambelon's School of Knighthood and the challenges they faced, including bullying from Ahuizotl when he was in Tambelon.

  • ...
 12
 603

Tambelon's School of Knighthood

Ch. 3: Tambelon’s School of Knighthood

The next day, Rep is showing Scorpan around the school. After seeing several rooms, they came to their next stop: the combat training room.

“And this is where Combat Training takes place,” he says.

Scorpan is amazed as he sees other students like him, training to become knights. They were sparring in hand-to-hand combat, practice jousting, and run through an obstacle course with magical traps and illusions of monsters.

"Amazing sight, isn't it?" Rep says, knowing how amazed Scorpan must be about the training.

"Yay," Scorpan responds.

“There’s two more stops we need to make,” Rep says, “The next stop is the Main Hall.”

****

Scorpan and Rep walk through the Main Hall. There, Rep wanted to show Scorpan something: a mural of the Medallion of Knighthood (The same medallion that Twilight used as the Key of Magic centuries later).

“And that is the Medallion of Knighthood,” Rep continues.

“Woooow!” Scorpan says with awe.

Just by looking at it, Scorpan couldn't take his eyes of the mural of a golden piece of jewelry.

"Something tells me that the medallion is very special," Scorpan points out.

"It is. To have this medallion is a great honor. Only a few elite members are able to get that medallion for following the Four Codes of Tambelon: Courage of the Heart, Love for Another, Inner Strength Within, and Self-Sacrifice for Others, ” Rep informs.

"I can definitely tell that Ahuizotl is the opposite of those things."

"Yay, his is."

The two boys couldn't resist laughing about that, knowing that he's likely not going to get the medallion with the personality he has.

“So what’s the last stop?” Scorpan asks.

“Follow me and I’ll show you,” Rep says.

****

Their final stop is the Magic Lab. It is where young sorcerers and enchantresses learn magic and make potions. For Rep, this wasn't just about showing him the room, but to introduce him to a friend of his, and that's who he's looking for right now. he then spots her: a young Catrina mixing a brew for an assignment given to her by her teacher.

“Hey, Catrina,” he calls to her.

“Hey Rep,” she says, “Who’s your new friend?”

“This is Scorpan, my new roommate.”

“So you’re the new kid I heard about,” Catrina talks to Scorpan, “I’m Catrina.”

“Catrina and I have been friends since we came into the school last year. She’s from a long line of gypsy sorceresses and is here for the magic program,” Rep says.

“I heard Ahuizotl gave you a hard time on your first day.”

“How’d you know about that?”

“He was in the Headmaster’s quarters getting yelled at along with his friends. Half the school almost heard him. If it makes you any better, most of the school hates him.”

“I thought he and his friends are the popular kids.”

“More like the most feared kids. Everyone, including the teachers, hate him. The only reason he’s here is because his father, Duke Coatl, pulled a few strings to get him enrolled.”

“Tch. Probably to get rid of him,” Rep says under breathe.

“Yeah,” Scorpan agrees.

“Just be careful. If he sees you as a threat for the Medallion, he’ll do whatever it takes to run you out of the school,” Catrina warns.

“Don’t worry,” Scorpan assures her, “He’s not gonna drive me out.”

“Is that so, Farm Boy?” Ahuizotl's voice says out of nowhere.

The three furture heroes turn around to find him standing across the hallway, looking at Scorpan with a threatening grin.

"What do you want?" Rep says.

"I just came here for class, but I could not help but overhear your conversation," Ahuizotl tells them, "So, farm boy, is what you say so?"

“Yeah! That’s so! I am not letting you force me out of this school just to get the Medallion.”

“Well I am the strongest and most athletic student at this school! If anyone deserves that medallion, it’s me! My family has earned the Medallion of Knighthood for centuries, and I am not about to break a family tradition. And no country commoner who sleeps in hay is going to stop me.”

****

“I can’t help but feel our farmer heritage has been insulted!” Applejack says in aggravation.

“Me too, Applejack,” Apple Bloom agrees, "The nerve of him!"

“I felt the same way,” Thorne tells the Apples, "Things were about to get worse though, much worse than the insults."