• Published 26th Mar 2015
  • 600 Views, 12 Comments

Tambelon School of Knighthood - Catrina37



Scorpan, Thorne, and Rep tell the CMC and their sisters the story of their days in Tambelon's School of Knighthood and the challenges they faced, including bullying from Ahuizotl when he was in Tambelon.

  • ...
 12
 600

The Challenge of Honor

Ch. 7: The Challenge of Honor

“Sounds like you passed that exam with flyin’ colors,” Applejack says.

“And that ruffian Ahuizotl got what he deserves,” Rarity said.

“Unfortunately, he was not going to take it lying down!” Thorne said, “A week passed and the Pendant Ceremony was starting. All of us are about to get our pendants and leave for the summer.”

“I can’t wait to go swimming!” Rep says, “I know this watering hole just outside of Tambelon.”

Scorpan wasn’t paying too much attention. He’s too be busy thinking about how alone he’ll be with no family to reunite with or a home to go back to.

"What am I going to do?" Scorpan thinks to himself.

“You okay, Scorpan?” Catrina asks, “You should be happy to get the Medallion of Knighthood.”

“I am, Catrina,” Scorpan says, “It’s just…well…you guys have families to go home to. I’m not sure what I’m gonna do in the summer.”

Rep and Catrina felt sorry for Scorpan not having a home to go to. All of a sudden, Tirek and his father arrives.

“Scorpan, we’ve been looking for you,” Tirek said.

“We have a special surprise for you after the ceremony,” Torarc said.

“You do?” Scorpan said, "What is it?"

"If we told you now, it wouldn't be a surprise," Torarc says with a chuckle.

“Yeah, and we think it’s a surprise you’ll like,” Tirek said, “See you after the ceremony.”

Tirek leaves with his dad to help get everything ready. Scorpan watched as they left. He couldn't wait to see what the surprise is.

"Must be a big surprise," Scorpan says to himself.

****

Later, the ceremony begins as the Moochik stands before the crowd in the Town Square along with five medallions like the one Scorpan once gave to Tirek.

“Citizens of Tambelon! We have gathered in the Town Square today to reward a new generation of Knighthood. Five young students have been chosen among the Tambelon School of Knighthood for showing exemplary work and emulating the Four Codes of Tambelon Knighthood!”

The four friends are awaiting their time to come on stage when Thorne arrives, a little late, catching his breath like he was in a race.

“Thorne, where have you been?” Catrina asks, “The ceremony is already starting!”

“Sorry, but Ahuizotl is close by and he looks very unhappy,” Thorne warns everyone while he was catching his breath.

"What could Ahuizotl possibly want?" Scorpan asks.

“I don't know, but be careful, Scorpan!” Thorne warns Scorpan.

“Don’t worry, Thorne,” Scorpan says, “Torarc and the Moochik are here.”

“He won’t care. They said that he is expelled as of after the ceremony. He has nothing left to lose.”

“We better keep an eye out for him,” Catrina said.

“You’re right, Catrina,” Rep said, “It’ll only be a matter of time before he challenges Scorpan for the Medallion.”

****

“Now let me introduce the students who have earned this great honor this year,” the Moochik continues, “Rep Chamel, son of Lieutenant Chamel!”

The audience cheers as Rep goes up, and bows as the Moochik puts the first medallion around his neck. After that, Rep stands next to the Moochik.

“Catrina of the Romani Magic Clan!”

Catrina goes up to accept her reward just as Rep did. After she gets her Medallion, she stands beside Rep.

“Tirek, Son of General Torarc!”

Tirek goes up to accept his reward. The audience applauds to him as he stands with pride.

“Good luck, Scorpan,” Thorne says.

“Thanks, Thorne, but you earned the Medallion of Knighthood as well,” Scorpan says.

“It’s not the Medallion I’m wishing you luck for.”

“Thorne of the Myo Family!”

Thorne goes up and accept his reward. The audience cheers for him, and he stands beside Tirek.

“And finally, the most excellent student, and the first of his family to step forth into our school and become one step closer to being a knight. This final medallion goes to...Scorpan of Windfall Valley!”

Scorpan goes upstage to accept the Medallion of Knighthood he worked all year for, the audience were acclaiming to all he has done to get this far. Before the Moochik could give it to him, a familiar loud scream calls out to Scorpan.

"Scorpan!" the voice screamed

Every face in the area found out who it was: Ahuizotl, standing at the entrance of the Town Square, and carrying two swords with him like he means business.

“Scorpan! You will not gain that medallion and destroy my honor any further!” he screams.

“Get lost, Ahuizotl!” Tirek sneered, “You’re not part of the school anymore.”

“I can still get what is mine by force. I challenge you for the Medallion of Knighthood!”

Everyone, including Scorpan’s friends, gasp that Ahuizotl has finally issued the Challenge of Honor.

“I accept Ahuizotl!” Scorpan replies, “Name your challenge!”

“It will be a swordfight to the death. That is why I have brought these," he says as he shows them the swords.

“There’s no death in the Challenge of Honor!” Tirek said.

“There is in my challenge! I have nothing left to lose!”

Ahuizotl throws Scorpan a sword to make it fair (in his favor anyway).

“Be careful, Scorpan!” Catrina advised him.

“Don’t worry, Catrina,” Scorpan said while assuring his friends.

Ahuizotl walks up behind him and tries to cut his wings off.

“Watch out, Scorpan!” Thorne cries.

Scorpan flew up and dodges Ahuizotl’s sneak attack with only a cut on his left wing.

“Ahuizotl, you dishonorable mutt face!” Tirek angrily calls him.

“Mutt face?” a shocked Ahuizotl says.

“You despicable animal!” Scorpan yells as they clash swords with each other.

Ahuizotl kicks Scorpan against the tree and swings his sword at him, but he misses and gets his sword stuck in a tree as Scorpan runs. Scorpan dodges his sword as he swings it and blocks the last strike with his own sword. Both struggle against one another when Ahuizotl trips him with his tail claw, causing them both to fall and giving Scorpan a chance to flip Ahuizotl off of himself. Unfortunately for Ahuizotl, his tail got caught in a lit torch, causing him to leap and scream in panic as it catches fire.

“My tail! Hot! Hot!” he screams.

That only infuriates Ahuizotl further. He flings his sword behind Scorpan’s and thrusts it out of his hand and into a big pine tree. Ahuizotl is about ready to strike when rocks begin falling on his head. He looks up and sees Rep as a dragon. Rep provided the distraction Scorpan needed to sneak behind Ahuizotl and get his sword. Ahuizotl takes one of the rocks and beams Rep with it, causing to lose concentration of his shapeshifting and to fall. Luckily, Catrina caught him with levitating power and lowered him to the ground gently.

Scorpan is about to reach the tree when he hears Ahuizotl chuckling as he got closer.

Ahuizotl is about to charge at him when someone grabs his tail: Thorne.

“You’re fighting dirty, Ahuizotl!” Thorne states, “There’s nothing honorable about this fight!”

“You traitorous, winged rodent!” Ahuizotl shouts as he grabs Thorne by the neck with his tail and chokes him.

Thorne allowed Scorpan enough time to pull his sword out of the tree.

“Leave him alone, Ahuizotl!” Scorpan cries, “Your fight is with me; not Thorne!”

Ahuizotl forgets about Thorne and throws him to Tirek. Scorpan flies up the tree to gain high ground as Ahuizotl climbs up and chases after him. Scorpan makes it to the top of the tree, but he can’t see Ahuizotl through the branches. He looks around hoping to spot him before he can attack. Unfortunately, Ahuizotl comes up from behind and grabs Scorpan by the neck, ready to make his final blow.

“Now to permanently clip your wings, Farm Boy!” he shouts before he can strike.

Scorpan uses his sword to cut the top branch they are both on, making Ahuizotl let go of him as he falls and crashes. Scorpan flies down and lands in front of Ahuizotl.

“Finish me off,” Ahuizotl pleads, “You earned that right.”

Looking him over, Scorpan felt tempted to finish off the one guy who gave him trouble in school, but made him lose everything he had ever known and loved. Instead of killing him though, Scorpan drops his sword, declaring the match over.

“Forget it, Ahuizotl” he says, “I don’t play by those kind of rules.”

With that said, Scorpan begins to walk back to his friends. With Scorpan's back turned, Ahuizotl tries to stab him with his own sword, but before he could, Thorne unleashes a sonic screech loud enough to break the sword into a million pieces.

“Ahuizotl!” the Moochik calls him out, “You have no honor or anything worthy of being a knight! You are hereby banished from Tambelon! Leave and never return!”

“You’ll regret that decision, Moochik!” he promises, “One day, I will become the most powerful knight in all the world, and I will have my revenge on all of Tambelon! You’ll see!”

With his ears down, he runs to the exit of the city. As Ahuizotl leaves, he sees his father with a look of disappointment and his back turned, saddening Ahuizotl.