• Published 26th Mar 2015
  • 600 Views, 12 Comments

Tambelon School of Knighthood - Catrina37



Scorpan, Thorne, and Rep tell the CMC and their sisters the story of their days in Tambelon's School of Knighthood and the challenges they faced, including bullying from Ahuizotl when he was in Tambelon.

  • ...
 12
 600

Trouble with Ahuizotl

Ch. 4: Trouble with Ahuizotl

“Sounds like that ruffian was trying to run you out by crushing your spirit,” Rarity said.

"That's what he's doing alright," Scorpan points out.

“What happened next?” Scootaloo asks.

“Well that night, I was asleep in my room…” Scorpan continues.

****

Young Scorpan is fast asleep in his and Rep’s room when his clock struck four o’clock in the morning and he got up quickly.

“Father! Capron!” he calls.

At the sound of Scorpan's voice, Rep slowly got up. He rubbed his eyes and yawned because of how tired he was at that time of the morning.

“It’s 4 in the morning, Scorpan,” Rep says with a yawn.

“Sorry, Rep. Every day at four in the morning, Dad and my brother would wake me up and we would have a big breakfast before we start doing chores.”

“You wake up before sunset?”

“Uh-huh. Our farm was big, and we had a lot of animals and crops to tend to.”

“Wow! Better go back to sleep, Scorpan. We have class tomorrow.”

"Okay. Good night, Rep."

"Good night."

And just like that, Rep was back to sleep. But Scorpan, he couldn't go back to sleep now. Getting up at this hour made him miss his family and his home more and more. As he stared up at the ceiling, he sheds a tear, knowing that the life he once had was gone. However, he didn't stay up forever. He went back to sleep.

****

That morning, Rep and Scorpan are in the cafeteria getting breakfast: toast and eggs.

Just by looking at the food, Scorpan's stomach growled, and he licked his lips at how tantalizing breakfast looked. but right when the chef hands him breakfast...he is cut by Ahuizotl. He takes the tray away from him and starts scarfing down his food

“Thanks for breakfast, Farm Boy!” he scoffs as he walks away.

Scorpan growls angrily at Ahuizotl, ready to do the first thing that came into his mind: choke him. However, before anything else can happen, Tirek stops him, and hands him another tray of food.

“I’ve seen Ahuizotl take other people’s food a million times,” he says, “Plus, I need to make sure you don’t get thrown out for something you’ll regret.”

“Thank you, Tirek,” Scorpan says.

"Scorpan!" a voice calls out.

Turning to the direction of the voice, Scorpan and Tirek find Rep and Catrina are already at their table they picked.

"Scorpan! over here!" Catrina calls.

Happy to find some familiar and supportive faces inviting him, he strolls over to their table and sits down with them. They are about to eat up when they are shadowed by three large figures, and you can guess who they are.

“Excuse us, Rejects, but this is our table,” Ahuizotl said with his arms crossed.

“But I thought that table over there is your table,” Rep points to the one next to them.

“That was our table last week. This is our table as of this week. So scram!”

Each of the thugs (except Thorne) got behind the three friends. They throw them out of their chairs and onto their food, making a mess. As Thorne watched, he is starting to feel bad about standing by while Ahuizotl hurts them and the other kids in his school. It was time to stop being silent.

“Ahuizotl, that wasn’t fair!” he speaks up, “They had this table first.”

“What’s your point, Thorne?” he snaps.

“His point is you shouldn’t take something that doesn’t belong to you!” a voice states.

Ahuizotl turns around and sees the Headmaster and Ruler of Tambelon: the Moochik.

The Moochik is a green-wearing gnome who rules the kingdom with compassion and justice for all those who live in Tambelon and spread the music of the bells.

“Lord Moochik! What a pleasant surprise! What are you doing here?” Ahuizotl asks nervously.

“General Torarc and his son told me you’ve been giving our new student trouble!” The Moochik sternly says, “All students who come through our doors are to be welcome to the school. They should not be judged based on whether they come from. may it be nobility or farm life. If I or my general so much as see a single bruise on Scorpan, you and your friends will be thrown out of school! Am I clear?”

“As the Crystal Empire, your majesty,” Ahuizotl bows his head.

“Good. Now then, you and your friends will be eating outside for the rest of the school year, so that you won't cause anymore disruptions to Scorpan or his friends.”

As Ahuizotl and his friends walk outside, he sees a smirk Tirek waving at him with a satisfying smirk and realizes he squealed on him.

“I’ll figure out a way to beat Scorpan and teach Tirek not to mess with me,” he mumbles.

****

In combat training, Scorpan is sparring with Thorne. The two boys were sword fighting, and so far, neither one was going down. But that soon changes when Scorpan knocks Thorne down. Not wanting to leave him down, he holds his hand and offers to help him up.

"Why would you want to help me?" Thorne asks.

"It's the least I can do since you stuck up for me," Scorpan says while lifting him up, "Besides, it' the honorable thing to do.

“Thank you, Scorpan,” Thorne says.

Suddenly, Ahuizotl pulls Thorne away with his tail.

“Do not associate with him, Thorne!” Ahuizotl shouts, “He’s just a poor orphan with fleas.”

He and his crew walk away with Thorne in tow, leaving Scorpan in sorrow. Tirek puts his hand on Scorpan’s shoulder.

“Ahuizotl is just getting under your skin, Scorpan,” Tirek assures him, “He’s just trying to pick a fight with you so you would end up expelled.”

“What’s his problem with me, Tirek?” Scorpan asks.

“His family has earned the Medallion of Knighthood for centuries, but Ahuizotl hasn’t done anything to earn it due to his narcissism and arrogance. His father is putting a lot of pressure on him, so he tries to scare away any students he sees as a threat to his goal. I think when he sees you, he sees a farm boy who is also a hard worker. He wants to scare you away because that coward is afraid of you.”

****

“What your brother said does make sense,” Apple Bloom says, “We had the same problem with my cousin Babs Seed. She only bullied us because she was scared herself.”

“What happened next, Boys?” Rarity asks.

“That night, Ahuizotl decided to pull out the big guns and really deliver his bullying…” Thorne continues.

****

That night, Ahuizotl and his thugs pick the lock on Scorpan and Rep’s door with a burlap bag that is just Scorpan’s size. When his clock chimed four AM, Scorpan wakes up, and Ahuizotl throws the bag over him and traps him inside.

****

When morning light comes, Scorpan is still tied up in the bag and over a well. Ahuizotl lets go of the pulley, causing Scorpan to fall until he reaches the water.

“Help! Someone help!” he yells as he coughs out the water.

Ahuizotl and his thugs run off, but Thorne decides to stay and help Scorpan out.

“Hold on, Scorpan!” he says, “I’ll go get help!”

Moments later, Thorne got Tirek, Rep, Catrina, and General Torarc to pull Scorpan out of the well.

“Would have flown out of there, but the well was too narrow for me to stretch my wings,” Scorpan says.

“How did you get into that well?” Tirek asks.

“I don’t know! I remember waking up at four in the morning like always, and then someone threw a bag over me.”

“It was Ahuizotl! Catrina says, “Thorne told us.”

“Thorne?”

“Yeah. Believe it or not, he saved you,” Torarc says.

Everyone by then looked at Thorne with confusion and wonder.

“Thorne? Why would you help Scorpan?” Rep inquires, “Aren't you supposed to be Ahuizotl’s friend.”

“Actually, I only joined him to prevent myself from getting bullied since I’m so small. He just uses me for the small jobs like spying.”

“How do we know you’re not spying for him now?” A distrustful Catrina asks.

“I did last night when Ahuizotl wanted to know where Scorpan’s old farm home. When I told him, he got real nervous and wanted Scorpan gone.”

“Why would he want to know where I’m from?” Scorpan says.

“Let me worry about that,” Torarc said, “Right now you have morning classes to get to.”

With a nod, Scorpan hurries off to his morning classes. Tirek, Catrina, and Thorne followed behind. General Torarc was about to follow as well, until rep speaks up to get his attention.

“General?” Rep whispers to get his attention, "Permission to speak to you in private, Sir?"

"Permission granted," Torarc replies.

Torarc and Rep walk over to an empty courtyard to talk in private. it was the only place they felt for sure they could have a private conversation without getting eavesdropped by someone. Particularly by Ahuizotl and his crew.

“What’s on your mind, Rep?” Torarc asks him.

“You know that Scorpan is from Windfall Valley?” Rep asks the General.

“Of course, I heard it’s very lovely there.”

“Ahuizotl and his friends were assigned there as part of our survival training around the same time the fire started at Scorpan’s old home. I think Ahuizotl either got careless with the campfire, or he did that for fun.”

“Knowing Ahuizotl, he’d get rid of whoever is beneath him. You go on to class, Rep I have to talk to the Moochik about something.”

Right away, Rep runs to class while Torarc goes to see the Moochik.