• Published 18th Mar 2015
  • 298 Views, 2 Comments

Sonic Equestria One - Hillbe



The Crusaders have a goal, To break the land speed record

  • ...
9
 2
 298

Sonic Equestria One

Sonic Equestria One

The morning sun broke over Ponyville as it usually does over the local population of sleepy ponies on a lazy weekend set for the normal shopping rush.
Unannounced on the shopping list of specials like rolled oats and other sundries was the buzz around town about a trio of fillies looking to break something, That was the routine just like clockwork , one idea, two destruction and three clean up.

Today was different today the only thing to break was a speed record and as you know the only speed record standing was set by the train going to and from the Crystal Empire.

Twilight checked and double checked the calculations and the construction of the behemoth a railroad car special made with a forty thousand horsepower rocket engine it's pointed barrel topped with a wrought iron weather vane followed by a little cockpit upholstered in leather trimmed in chrome of course Sweetie Belle couldn't be happy without her special touch, cup holders.

The monstrosity waited for the brave and noble crash dummy "Oh yeah" driver to step into the cramped cockpit.
Tracks stretched off into the hazy horizon and a soft breeze turned the weather vane on the nose of the Sonic Equestria One.

Spike looked over the beast donning his goggles and scarf 'Such a dashing and dapper drake' he waddled over to his little group of friends and special mare "If all goes to Twilights calculations I'll be going twice the speed of a sonic rainboom!"

Twilight yelled "For science and Equestria !"

Rarity said "Be careful my Spikey Wikey".

Pinkie Pie screamed "Let's have a blast Spikey !"

Fluttershy squeaked "Spike, Where's your crash helmet?"

Spike grinned "crash ? I hope not" He reached up and plucked his head spines "Tough as nails!"

Rainbow sneered "Yeah, He's not even coming close to my sonic rainboom, No offence kiddo".

Spike gave a thumbs up "None taken".

All the ponies outside his little circle looked at Spikes thumbs up with a quizzical glance of "Wut?" Lyra broke out in tears.
The Cutie Mark Crusaders TM. mobbed him.

"Ok Spike remember to release the brakes in the ignition phase of the start" Applebloom stated factually .

"And after rocket burns out remember your parachute and speed brakes" beamed Scootaloo "I made them special".

Sweetie Belle sang out "Don't forget to put on your goggles and that scarf my big sister made for you".

Spike climbed in the cockpit and let out a nervous breath , He ran through his check list before countdown
"Hand brake? check. Parachute lever? check. Speed-O-meter? check. Plastic Celestia on the dashboard? CHECK!"

The trio examined the Sonic Equestria One for the last time and assumed their positions. With the excitement growing by the minute ponies gathered behind the barriers that lined the tracks the drama was about to begin .

Scootaloo lit the torch and held it up for the crowd to see and the countdown started the blast fence was set in place.

TEN, Twilight thought 'This is it ! Spike's going to blast down the tracks proving that high speed transportation is possible through science!'
Spike felt a pressure.

NINE, Rainbow looked to the horizon and thought 'No way this thing's going to fizzle only an egg head would think this would beat my sonic rainboom'

EIGHT, Pinkie bounced in place thinking 'Frosting Mmmmmm Parties , That's some cool chrome and cup holders'


SEVEN, The Crusaders thought 'This has sure to get us our cutie marks in something'

Spike had a urge

SIX. Spike thought 'Gosh , I got to go pee, I hope this doesn't take too long, For Science, for Equestria for Rarity !'


FIVE, Fluttershy hid her eyes and curled into a yellow and pink ball thinking 'Oh poor Spike , He's going to die a horrible flaming death or go really really fast! Oh I can't look'


FOUR, Rarity turned her back tears in her eyes thinking 'Silly Spikey Wikey Oh why did you agree to participate in such a stupid event -Oh look a sale at Sofa and Quills fifty percent off'


THREE, The crowd watch Scootaloo light the fuses and scamper to the sidelines smoldering fuses smoked from the rear of Sonic Equestria One.

TWO, The sound of hundreds of ponies taking their last breath anxiously waiting for the event of the century, Spike sat waiting closing his eyes with a grunt.

ONE, The roar of forty thousand horses were unleashed and all of Ponyville shook, In a blaze of glory Spike sat shaking the smell of smoke filled his nostrils and the roaring noise filled his ears Spike put his claws to the sides of his head his insides vibrating in tune of thousands of horses galloping as one along iron tracks. spikes eyes still closed he feared the worse.

The sled zoomed down the tracks at an increasing speed all eyes trained on the ball of flame and the clock ticking away at the far end of town.
The Sonic Equestria One was now a blur of raw power and roaring speed totally unstoppable the four wheels sparking along the tracks.


The crowd spied the tracks ahead and a gasp filled the air and one pony screamed "It's a turtle ! It's on the tracks!"

Fluttershy screamed "It's a TORTOISE!"

The turtle saw the fireball heading his way and ducked ""TORTOISE!" Screamed Fluttershy.

The wobbling rocket glanced off the turtle "Tortoise" screamed Fluttershy.

"Ouuuuucchh" said the tortoise.


The rocket bounced along the tracks till it bounced one last time with it's tail pointed down and it's nose to the sky.
The beast launched vertical.

Rainbow saw the mess coming and launched herself also in a burst of speed her sonic rainboom flashed into view.

All eyes were on the sunward rocket following it was a rainbow streak Rainbow tried as she might couldn't catch up.
They all watched helplessly as Spikes machine continued to climb. Higher higher and higher.

Spike sat still grunting with his eyes closed, He slowly opened them. . .

KA BOOM ! The whole mess exploded into a million zillion bits and pieces.
All the ponies watching saw the flash heard the boom and saw the smoky fingers of fire and debris falling.

The Sonic Equestria One was gone.


The Crusaders looked in shock.
Twilights ears fell back as tears filled her eyes.
Rarity gasped and outright fainted.
Pinkie just smiled and said "Fireworks cool, Is there more?"
Rainbow limped back tears in her eyes "I'm so sorry Twi and Rares I'm sorry"


Behind the Gals the outhouse door swung open to reveal Spike waddling out with a piece of toilet paper stuck to his tail.

"Gosh, What a mess. I'm not cleaning it up ! You gals are on your own ."