• Published 12th Mar 2015
  • 1,612 Views, 24 Comments

Welcome to the show - D0CT0RWHOOVES



The Dazzlings are back but in a new way. Twilight is surprised to find the Dazzlings giving a concert... right in Ponyville!

  • ...
5
 24
 1,612

Ch.1

It was a normal day in Ponyville, oddly enough considering all the odd things that take place almost daily. Twilight and her friends were all sitting in their thrones doing various activities.
Twilight was reading one of her books, How to be a princess: for dummies. Pinkie was playing with her rubber chicken, Boneless. Twilight never knew how she had gotten it back after it became a key as no one else had got their “keys” back, but she wrote it off as Pinkie magic.
Rarity was admiring her hooves…... as was Spike. Twilight was pretty surprised that Spike was still after Rarity. She had assumed that it would be over and done within a few months when she first noticed the affection. However this was not so, he had remained head over hooves in love with her. It both melted her heart and broke it, she knew Rarity probably would never like him back, but it was nice to see a love so pure. Applejack and Rainbow Dash were involved in an epic arm wrestling match, well Twilight wouldn't say it was epic but she assumed they did.
Finally, Fluttershy was feeding her pet rabbit, Angel.

Twilight thought it was a nice day; she could relax without an immediate threat to her, her friends, or her friends from that other world. Thinking on that last thought, she wondered a few things. How was Sunset Shimmer doing? She hadn't had the opportunity to talk to her recently as she had been busy, she would have to do so today. Twilight also wondered what happened to the Dazzlings…. now that she thought about them she felt a pang of guilt. She had offered her friendship and reformation to Sunset, yet she never decided to even talk to the siren sisters. Twilight figured she could ask Sunset Shimmer about it when she sent her a message. She decided to go and send that message now.

Twilight got up from her throne and began making her way to her room.

“Hey where you going, Twi?” Rainbow Dash asked looking up from her arm wrestling match.

“I just thought about how I haven’t sent a message to Sunset in a while. So I figured that I would do so now.” Twilight said in her usual formal tone.

“Oh, please tell her I said hi and that I hope she’s doing well…. if that’s okay I mean…” Fluttershy said, hiding behind her mane slightly.

“No problem, Fluttershy.” Twilight said with a smile as she left the room. She soon reached her room and levitated the book over to her. She had decided to keep the book in her room when it wasn't needed to go through worlds. It was mostly because she would write to Sunset at night, as that was when neither of them were busy. Even though she was the newly appointed princess of friendship, she still didn't do much. She watched over the tree of harmony and had been given control over the Everfree forest, as this is where her journey began and it seemed only fitting to Celestia. She had also been given reign over Ponyville, but the mayor still took care of the town without fail. Though Twilight was thankful for Celestia giving her reign over these areas, even if they were more for title. Twilight had actually begun a project, in joint with Fluttershy, in making traversing the forest easier. Fluttershy was working with the animals that were willing to negotiate into being friendly with the ponies, offering compensation in return of course. Twilight was working on making the pre-existing roads safer and more up to date. All together it had been a success so far. Though Twilight now realized she had been lost, as she does a lot, in thought and had forgot to write her message. She opened the book and began to write…

Dear Sunset Shimmer,
Sorry I haven’t been able to write to you in a couple of days, things have been a bit busy with that plan I told you about last time we talked. It is going great though, thanks for asking. I hope things are continuing to be normal there and no evil power hungry people/ponies/sirens, no offense, trying to take over the world. Speaking of which, have you been able to talk to the
Dazzlings after we beat them? I know it may seem odd, but we gave you a chance and I now feel guilty for not giving them one. I mean we gave Discord a chance! So if you see them, could you please offer them the olive branch? Well I eagerly await your reply!
Sincerely,
Twilight Sparkle

Twilight closed the book after she wrote the message and decided to wait for a reply. Even though it was a Sunday, Twilight knew that Sunset would be busy. Last time they had talked,
Sunset mentioned a party that day, one of Pinkie’s specialties. Twilight began to walk back to the throne room when she heard a pleasant sound. It was actually rather beautiful. As she walked further she could definitely tell it was singing. When she got to the throne room, she saw all her friends were gone, the only left was Angel. He seemed rather miffed and began pointing outside, in the direction the singing was coming from. Twilight began to leave the castle to track down the singing and subsequently her friends. Though just as she was about to step over the threshold to the outside, the book began to glow and vibrate, indicating a reply. Twilight opened the book and read the reply.

Dear Twilight,
Hey it’s no problem, I get that you're busy, being a princess and all. Also I’m happy that your plan is going well! But onto the Dazzlings… yeah I’ve seen them, but no I have not been able to talk to them. I saw them over by the portal/statue a week ago but when I looked away they were gone… Do you think they could have gone back to Equestria? I mean it has been 3 months since their attempt to take over the world. Well if any new news surfaces please let me know ASAP. Sorry, but I have to get back to the party, you know how Pinkie can be…
Sincerely,
Sunset Shimmer”

This alarmed Twilight…. suspicious singing, her fiends disappearing…. could this be the work of the Dazzlings? This instilled a sense of urgency in Twilight to go and find this singing and her friends. She began to fly over the town to be able to have a bird’s eye view. Though in her panic she realized that she would not be able to fly safely, as she was still not too good at it.
Though before she landed she saw a large crowd of ponies, possible where her friends were.
She began to run towards the area, and she could begin to make out the lyrics as she got closer.

“What we have in store all we want and more we will break on through now it's time to finish you!” She heard the voices sing, followed by cheering.

Twilight immediately recognized the song, the one the Dazzlings were singing when the
Rainbooms were able to stop them. Twilight came to the crowd to hear a drum solo being played, though it was hard to hear over the crowds cheering. She pushed her way to the front, though it went mostly unnoticed, oddly enough given she was a princess. Though the odder thing was, none of the ponies seemed to be mind-controlled. Twilight wondered how they would even have their powers now that she thought about it, their pendants shattered. Maybe they fixed them? But as she got to the front, she was no longer with doubt. There she saw three mares. One orange, one purple and one blue, Adagio, Aria and Sonata…... the Dazzlings.
Twilight saw them turn to look at her and the music stopped.

“Well well well, if it isn’t Twilight Sparkle! How’ve you been?” Adagio said in a tone of anger, sarcasm and yet sincerity.

Oh this could be bad she thought. Twilight realized that today was no longer a calm day. Maybe she should call over Sunset for a visit….

Author's Note:

Hey everyone so I'm not dead! I just had a lot of soul searching to do about who i really am. Well I've figured it out and am ready to come back to the wonderful world of mlp fanfiction! I decided to start off with a new story, as this idea helped in my return. But fret not my loyal reader, given there are any, I will be continuing my other story shortly! I hope all you beautiful people out there enjoy!