• Published 4th Jul 2015
  • 3,981 Views, 161 Comments

Wanting to be human - Vinyl-ScratchDJ17



Shes my little sister and i will do what it takes to see her smile once more

  • ...
15
 161
 3,981

My little sister is a...pony?

Today is finally the day. After a long nine months of waiting, My mom finally gives birth to my little sister. I just didn't know the twist that came with it.

Sitting there, just outside the room, constantly hearing the doctors encourage mom to 'push'. I sat there for an hour or two, just waiting and waiting for it to happen. At first I was completely anxious to see what my sister looked like. But as time slowly progressed, and mothers shrieks of pain leak through the door like water from a faucet, I grew bored, and impatient.

Being only twelve, I don't understand how all of this is supposed to work, nor how this this is supposed to take. Or how much longer it will be. I promised mom that no matter what, I would hold my sister as the most treasured thing to my heart.

And, my name is Damien by the way. The only real semi-cool thing about me. You could say I'm one of those kids who does what they can to fit in and be noticed by people. And to be liked. That hasn't really been the easiest accomplishment for me, suffice to say that I'm more of like an outcast in my school. Mom always tell me that I'll fit in someday.

Anyway, back to the main subject at hand.

I remember all of the cat scans I went to with mom to see how the baby was inside her belly. She was just a normal child. But, went they came out, and I was allowed to go in after they had cleaned up, I wasn't ready for the surprise that was awaiting me inside that room.

Everything was going normal, and smoothly I guess. But when I heard the baby's cries, told me they had successfully delivered the baby. Only if dad were here right now, But as we speak, he's off fighting a war in Iraq.

After the sound of my sister crying, I heard a loud, muffled scream, that seemed to have come from my mom. Other people, and doctors passing by, stopped for a short moment to hear the commotion, until the fact that they're in a hospital got to them, that screaming is expected once and a while.

Is was a bit longer of a wait, since like I said, they had to clean up. I know where babies come from, but not how they're made. But, from all of the screaming mom was making, I would assume there would be quite a bloody mess. Now I know that sounds like something out of Harry potter, but by bloody, I mean bloody.

Another ten minutes had passed, while the doctors and nurses were scurrying to and fro, and I was givin the all clear to go in.

The usual cold breeze of the average hospital room was there to greet me as I walked in. With a small shiver, I begin to take in the rooms features. It wasn't one of those boring old rooms that had way too much white. Rather, it had modern wood paneling along the walls, and grey tiling. On the opposite side of the room was a window that took up the entire wall, and yellow curtains haging from the rods, pushed to the side to let in some light.

I see mom on the hospital bed, of course. Cause why would they give birth to a baby on the floor? She seems to be crying? But why?

"Mom?" I ask quietly, as I slowly approach the bed.

I know it's okay to cry when you give birth to a child, but this doesn't seem like the happy kind.

"Mom?" I ask again, after getting no response whatsoever, with my high pitched, prepubescent voice. "What's wrong mom?" I finally reach the bed's side, and she tilts the baby a little just so I can see her face.

"Say hi to your little sister, Damien." She replied, with much distress in her shaky voice.

When I see her face...I don't see a face belonging to that of a human...more rather like some sort of an equine. Her pink furred face, and pointy ears at the top of her head, instead of the sides. the hair is more of like a hot pink, but black on the left side.

"Is this...some sort of a joke, mom?" I ask quizzically, suprisingly baffled as to where my baby sister may be, and here my mother is holding a pink pony plushie.

"No, Damien. This is your sister." She holds her out as an offer for me to carry her. Before I can react, my arms do so on instinct, taking the child, wrapped In a white blanket, into my arms.

The crying had stopped almost as soon as I had walked in. This...pony child, moves about in the blanket, trying to get more comfortable. It reaches a hand up to rub one of its eyes.

Wait. Ponies don't have hands...they have those hoof things. I noticed her arm, and hand are also covered in the same pink fur as her face, so this is where I assume she's furry all over. I decide to un ravel the blanket to see her better. I was right about the fur for starters. From her back, her spine adorned a Pink tail, with a black stripe along the right side. Along with the tail, from the top of her back, were two, small wings, with tiny feathers. And at the end of the legs were not feet, but hooves. And based on from what I see from the shape of the legs, that she may be bipedal.

My mind is blown. Just blown. My little sister was normal in every way, now this is what she's like when she comes out? some humanoid pony thing? As well as I am confused, I'm just really happy that I'm finally able to be holding my sister.

A smile forms on my face, as I cover her back up, and begin to sway her from side to side.

"She's adorable mom." I stroke her hair, or mane would it be? That is until one of her hands reach out and takes my right pinky into captivity. "She's not human, but she's still the most adorable thing I've ever seen." I give mom a smile, which she smiles back to.

"I'm glad you think so." Said mom, in a sweet tone, smiling at me.

I watch as she opens her eyes for what I guess is the first time, and she has the most largest as majestic brown eyes I've ever seen.

"Hey there, little one." I coo, rubbing her soft cheek with my thumb.

She stares blankly at me, probably wondering who, where, and what she is.

Immediately I know this is going to be a struggle in many ways, but no matter what happens I'm gonna be there for her.

I smile again, as I kiss her on the forehead, her fur tickling my lips a little. I give her back to mom, who is showing a smile of happiness that she can finally see her daughter, but inside, I'm sure she's wondering the same thing I am.

"I love her mom." I said gently, reaching out to stroke her mane again.

"I love her too. I just hope this doesn't Impact her life in a bad way."

"I hope so too mom."

For a while, we sat there on the bed, reveling in the fact the a new family member has just been born. Although she is very different, we still love her.

Mom lets me hold her for the majority of the time, which I was thankful for. Along with the fact that's she has a half human body, she seems to be making the sounds a baby human child would make. Maybe she will even posses the ability of speech.

Being just a newborn foal, I guess, she's a bit whinny. She cries just like a human child would. And it's cute how her ears fold back when she does, and perk back up when she stops. She smiles every now and again, but for short times.

After a while of seeing her, she seems a lot like something out of a cartoon, and shouldn't exist! But she does, and I'm happy for that. She also got tired of being in the blanket, and made a fuss of squirming about to get free from her enemy. Mom of course took it off, and sure enough, she was happy again, for the most part.

My favorite thing about newborns, is that when you put your finger in their hand, they tend to grab it, and sometimes suck on the tip of your finger.

We began playing with her a bit on the bed. We sat up, and set her down. Again, just being a newborn, she doesn't know how to sit up, so she just lays on her back. Just for silly hopes, mom would stand her up, her hands under her armpits, but she wouldn't stay up. And no we didn't just let her fall either.

It was cute how her tail swayed side to side while mom stood her up. when we gave up on the standing up thing, mom lays her back down.

With a sigh, she sits there, studying how this was even possible, for her to give birth to such a creature. I can tell she's thinking about something. As she does, she goes to give her a belly rub.

"So...what's her name, mom?" I asked, finally breaking the speechless silence.

"I was thinking something along the lines of, Sally, maybe. What do you think?"

"I think it's a fine name." We both share a sincere smile.

I pick Sally up, and hold her in my arms. She's so small, she's only about the size of a college football. That's large for a football, but small for a child.

"Did they weigh her, mom?"

"She weighs six point two pounds."

"Explains why she's so small." I rock her back and forth again, smiling all the while. She stares back up at me with eyes at such an impossible size. It doesn't even looks like she has room for a brain in there!

I begin stroking her arm, her fur is soft against my fingers.

"I just hope she can live a normal life like this. And I hope that some stupid government agency doesn't try to take her."

"I would be devastated if she was taken away."

"I know. I love her so much already...I" She tries to continues to speak, but only begins to cry again. Mom takes Sally from my arms holds her close, trying to calm herself. "I don't want them to take my daughter!" She continues to mope, softly rubbing Sally's head. "I know she's different. I know, but I love her very, very much! I just hope your father will think the same." With a few breaths, and sniffles, she finally stops crying.

"I'm sure they won't take her from us. Besides, you legally own her, so that can't take her. And, when do we get to go home?"

"Maybe you're right. And as soon as the doctors discharge me. Which may be a while. they'll probably want to make sure her body is functioning correctly before they let me go."

"I guess so."

"Grandma is taking care of you at home, right?"

"Yeah, she is." I reply, giving her a nod.

"That's good."Maybe I should call her to take you home. You are probably wanting to play your minecraft games, and such."

"Actually, I wanna stay here, mom. I mean, I want to be able to spend time with you and Sally."

"Alright then." She reaches her free arm around me and pulls me into a hug. "I love you both, with all of my heart." She then kisses Sally on the forehead, then me. "I'm very proud of you, Damien, for keeping your promise."

"Thank you mommy. C-can I hold her again?"

"Sure, here you go." She says, giving Sally to me.

Sally looks me in the eye, and smiles, her beautiful brown eyes, sparkling in the light.

I swear on my life, as long as we're together I will do my best to protect you, and be there to support you when you are sad. As your brother, I promise to love you as long as I live.

Two months later...

"Mom! Sally's got a poopy diaper!" I shout from Sally's room.

Originally it was just a small storage room for a few things, like clothes and toys and such. But, with finding out Mom was pregnant, we had it converted into a bedroom, with a crib, a changing area, and a small space for her to play.

She's very smart for a filly of her age. Just two months old, and is already learning to speak! She can only say a few words like mommy of course, and she also somewhat learned to say my name. Instead of Damien, it comes out as Dayeean. It's so cute. We didn't know she could have the capability to talk at all with the muzzle of a pony. well, it's not long and weird looking like an actual horse, or pony. it's small, and rounded instead.

"Okay, bring her down so I can change her!" She shouts back.

"Wanna go up, Sally?" I ask the small pony, holding my hands out to her.

She nods, stumbling a little to get to her hooves. She can stand but for a short period of time. I pick her up, and hold her with one arm around her back, and a hand under her tush.

"Eeewwie!" She pokes a finger on her butt, telling me she's got stinky poopoos. Her ears splaying backward as she says it, then standing back up.

"Yeah, we gotta get you to poop in the toilet!" I chuckle a little as she tilts her head in confusion, as if to say "What's a toilet?"

"Sawwy go poopoo!!" She says with a little giggle.

"Yes you did!" I coo as if congratulating her.

I carry her downstairs to mom, who is on the living room couch with a diaper, and rash cream on the coffee table in front of the couch.

"Did my little pony go poopies in her diaper wiaper?" Mom asks, taking Sally from me.

Sally nods in response to mothers question.

"Oh, yes you did, and it's stinky! It's time to change you!"

Mom laugh a little as she lays Sally on the couch, pulling her khaki shorts down to gain access to the diaper. Along with the shorts, Sally is also wearing a white shirt with blue overalls over it, with an image of a butterfly in the center.

It's a bit different when it comes to changing her clothes and such. Because, having a tail and wings, mom had to cut holes in all her shirts, jackets, sweaters, and pajamas for her wings, and a hole in her pants, and shorts, and snow pants, etc for her tail.

So, before she can just slip the diaper off, she has to pull Sally's tail out of that hole, then pull the shorts off. She gets to cleaning Sally's hind quarters, and I don't watch of course. I stand by patiently until she's done for me to throw away the diaper.

"If only you knew how much harder this is when she has all this fur, Damien." She says sarcastically.

"I bet."

"Here, throw away her diaper." I hear a tumping sound on the table, which I come to find was a very stuffed diaper indeed on the table. As I get closer the stench just gets worse and worse. But I'm not gonna describe it.

After She finishes changing Sally's diaper, she immediately crawls down from the couch, and makes her way to me. Within just a few feet, she stands up, reaching out for me again.

"Sawwy want up!" She cries.

I laugh a little as I reach down to pick her up.

"Who's the adorable pony?" I begin to coo again. "You are, Sally!" I take a finger, and boop the end of her muzzle. "You're the cute pony!"

She giggles, and squirms a bit, then hugs me.

I tell you she is the cutest thing you will ever see. Luckily for me, I get the only pony human sister ever! And I mean that in good terms.

She nuzzles her head into my neck, which she tends to do whenever I carry her.

I just hope that even when she understands she's different that's she'll still be as happy as can be.

I remember, two or three weeks ago, is when she first said my name;

"Damien, bring Sally down, it's time for breakfast!" Mom had yelled up to me from the kitchen like every other morning.

I got up from bed, got Sally out, and also like every morning, I tried to get her to walk. But she's been unwilling to learning this. She would take a step or two, only because I would gently pull her along. Then she would begin to whine, and beg for me to let her go, or just pick her up.

So, like every other time, I give in to her pure adorableness, and pick her up. Also, with her being a Pegasus, I hope to get her to learn to fly sometime.

Anyway...I get downstairs, not carrying Sally this time. She had the idea of having me drag her along on my leg. Still being only a sixth of a year old, she's light still, and didn't do much to slow my walking.

When I get into the dinning room, mom has plates with French toast, eggs, bacon, and a glass of milk for the both of us, ready on the table, and a bowl of baby food for for Sally on the high chair.

"Where's Sally?" Mom asks, completely unaware of the fact that's she's hanging onto my leg.

"Down here." I point to my right foot, that has fallen asleep, from having Sally sit on it.

"Now that's just too cute, Damien."

And that's when she said it. Sally look up to me, and raised her hands up, wanting me to carry her, so I did. Then, she points at me, with a finger, making contact with the tip of my nose, and she said;

"Dayeean?"

That was a morning I will never forget. Not only did she say my name, she hasn't said mommy yet, which made me so happy that she said my name first.

I pry Sally off of my foot, and sit her in her high chair, which she hates. She whines for me to get her out, but she has to stay.

"Sally, it's time to eat you have to be in there for a little bit okay?" I try to reason with her, patting her head. My attempts fail as she only cries more.

"Sally!" Mom barks from the kitchen, resulting in the silencing of Sally's wailing. "Hush, and let Damien feed you your food." She says in a much sweeter tone.

Sally nods quickly, the. turns her head to face me as she opens her mouth wide.

first I place the bib that's on her stair, onto her neck, then I commence in feeding her the processed banana slop.

"Here comes the train! Whoop! Whoop!"

Author's Note:

This is a story I have been wanting to start for a few months now, and I have been getting really I patient to do so, so Im finally doing it. The human giving birth to a pony thing isn't what it seems!! there will be a twist that explains it later in the story!!please tell me what you think of this story so far :pinkiehappy: and the cover art is the closest thing to my Anthro oc I wanted to use for this story. I stole this from Google. my oc was more of a purple color, but a light shade like this, and the mane was pink as well, but didn't have the black section. I think this is better than the oc I was going to use though. thank god its a Pegasus because my oc was a pegasus. this is not a one shot by the way.