• Published 4th Jul 2015
  • 3,981 Views, 161 Comments

Wanting to be human - Vinyl-ScratchDJ17



Shes my little sister and i will do what it takes to see her smile once more

  • ...
15
 161
 3,981

A no good horrible very bad day [stolen haha]

The following morning started out slower than usual. Instead of waking up at 5:45am to get ready for school I ended up waking up at 6:24am. The schoolI go to is about a mile away, and I have to make a twenty minute bike ride to the nearest bus stop because we live in this call-a-ride area. So there aren't any bus stops here, which really sucks.

The thing that sucked is that my mom works early today so she had left by 6:00am instead of 8:00am. Which meant grandma was here to watch over Sally while she was at work, and me at school. Which meant mom can't give me a ride because my front tire went flat because of some piece of glass on the garage floor where I store my bike.

I wake up to Sally, quietly sleeping on the floor, with all of the covers. She must have rolled off at sometime in the middle of the night. It doesn't surprise me, because this happens often. But usually I'm the one with the covers. She snores slightly, twitching every now and again. Even through my feeling of passing out from being so tired, I see the all of the cuteness.

I chuckle a little as I groggily leave the sanctuary of sleep. In other words, I mean my bed, if you didn't catch the memo. Anyway, I walk over to the other side of the bed, Sally filling in what little space there is between the wall and the bed. I smile as I reach for the blankets, and free her from her comfy prison. I notice a little drool sliding out of her mouth, and onto the blanket.

She must have been laying this way for quite a while because there is a rather large spit-soaked area on the blanket. She is one to drool and fall out of the bed every so often. Even when I feel sad, upset, depressed, or justreally tired like I am now, the sight of my sister always makes me smile.

I pick her up into my arms, her body is limp since she's sleeping. I stroke her hair as I place her back on the bed. She stirs a little, getting more comefortable, laying on her side with her hands under her head, legs close to her chest, and her tail curled around her. I love seeing her sleep because it's so cute! How she curls herself intobtue smallest ball possible.

I bend over and giver her a kiss on the forehead, covering her back up in the blankets, before leaving the room. That's when I noticed my clock. With a loud gasp, I hurry to get clothes and run to the bathroom. I don't care what it is, as long as it fits it's ships! After a minute of getting dressed I brush my teeth as fast as possible , still making sure to get all the plaque out of my mouth.

After getting downstairs I ponder over if I should eat something or just head out right now and eat at lunch. I quickly scan the cupboards and fridge for anything that might be beatable since there are limits as to what I can eat here. I come to find nothing quick enough to even make for a quick snack, so I decide to just wait for lunch at school. I run as fast as my tired legs will carry me which is about as fast as jogging. But nonetheless I made it to the garage faster than I had expected to.

I spot my bike at the back of the garage which is to my left. I grab it off the wall, and head outside with it. I get seated and pay off, then fall down.After The initial shock of my helmet free head being slammed into the ground went away, I began to wonder what made me fall. That's when I notice the front tire is popped. Well, I guess I won't be going anywhere soon.

Five minutes later I had fixed the flat tire issue, and peddled away. I helps I can get to the bus stop before 7:00 because that's when the bus should arrive at my stop. I zoom through the neighbourhood as fast as the bike will allow, swerving through different streets. I know I'm going to be late for school, but it won't be that bad if I don't miss...the bus...

I watched the big blue bus go by before I could get to it's stop, and it kept going.

Well, I'm screwed.


Two hours late. I had to bike uphill mostly for two miles! By the time I had gotten to school . My legs felt like jello, and were about to fall off! As soon as I got to the school I had to go to the office to check in for being late. At least this room had air conditioning, and the white walls, and floor tiles helped with the cool temperature.

"Fill out this form, and I'll get you a hall pass to class." Said the old lady, as she walks over to me with a white sheet of paper and a pen. She sighs deeply as she heads back to he office desk. Her once Brown hair had lost its color long ago. I remember because she actually used to be my teacher when I was in kindergarten.

I begin filling out my form, putting in my name, my address, my phone number, theTimes, why I was late, and a reflection part where we have to say what we will do better to be on time. I always skip that portion, and set it on the counter and leave with my hall pass. Well at least I tried to.

"Damien, Franklin, tardy five times in a row for school. You will have to be giving your mother a phone call , and a talk with the principle." Is what she said as I was about to leave the room. So I pretend to not hear, and leave anyway. I have had a rough enough of a morning, and I don't need anything else making it worse for me, thank you very much.

Plus, why did she give me a late pass when it's lunch time? I don't know. With a shrug I crumple up the small slip of paper and discard it in the nearest trashcan. So far todayhasn't been in my favor. I can't wait to get back home to spend more time with Sally. She is like my everything as of now. I'm always thinking of her non stop because she's just so cute, you have no idea.

When I got to lunch, my friends were there , laughing and talking amungst themselves. It wasn't too hard to spot them when they were sitting at the table that's closest to the main cafeteria doors. I walk over and take a seat next to my friends Ashlyn.

She's an averagely tall girl with blonds hair with several braids in her hair. My two other friends Mike and Angelo, sit from across me, playing a game of rock paper scissors. Mike is what you could call a fashionable geek . Ask him a question about anything and he should know it. And he's fashionable because he always wears expensive clothing, and chicks dig him for it. Angelo is more of on the lower than average scale. He's a short Mexican, but chicks tend to fall for him as well because they say he's cute, funny and talented which are all true.

"Hey, Damien. I didn't see you in first period today, what happened?" Asked Ashley in a concerned toneof voice.

"Well, let's see now. I woke up an hour late. My bike's front tire decided to go flat on me, so I had take the time to fix that, and when I biked out to my bus stop, it went by just as I got there. So I had to bike the rest of the way here."

"Damnit!" Mike cried, since Angelo had beaten him again like usual. "But, wow man that really sucks."

"Hey, man. Why don't you go get some lunch? You look like you could eat a horse!" Angelo jokes, but I found it offensive because my sister is a pony which is a smaller version of a horse.

"Nah, I'm good Angey." I shake my head a little. By the way, Angey is what we call him.

"Alright. Suit yourself."

"And, why are there pink hairs all over your clothes?" Ashlyn asks, pulling a hair off of my shirt.

How did Sally's fur get onto my shirt? Did she like on purposely shed on it lastnight? But it's still really adorable

"Helloooo, earth to stupid!" She says, waving a hand in front of my face

"Yeah, I do not know. I didn't even notice it!"

"How do you not notice this? Are you blind or something?"

"Maybe we should get his eyes checked!" Said Angelo.

"I don't need my eyes checked. They're fine." I protest, with a shake of my head.

"Well, lunch is almost over anyway, so...w- we should get going." Mike stammered.

"Yeah. Lunch is only like ten minutes on half days." Angelo agreed.

"Riiiight?!" Ashlyn piped up, making her eyes wide.

"Well, see you guys later!" I shout to them as we set out in different directions.

I had missed the first four periods, and the last three I have are Life Science, Biology, and small engines in that order. I'm alright with Science, but Biology is just BORING!! But I love small engines h cause it's a hands-on curriculum.

In life science we had a class review and a quiz . In biology, all we did was study. Small engines I had to do the same thing as in Life Science. But it wasn't all boring. Only because me Angelo. Mike, and Ashlyn all share that class which is quite a coincidence!

We were gathered at a small table as they chat with each other. Me? I'm just happy I get to go home in ten minutes. But that was cut short.

I feel a buzzing in my pocket, and I reach in and pull out my phone. Ugh, mom knows better than to be calling me! With a grumpy sigh I answer the phone. At first, all I hear is crying.

"D-Damien?" Moms voice said shakily. I sit up correctly in my chair from shrlrise that not only did she call me, she's upset about something..

"Sally...she fell down the stairs, and she's unconscious, I don't know what to do!"

"What?! I'll get there as soon as I can! Don't hang up!"

"Hey, essay, what's the matter homes?"

"Angelo you have a car right?"

"Yeah, why?"

"I need you to drive me home as fast as possible, my sister fell down a flight of stairs and is unconscious!"

"Well,damn, let's go!"

We were about to leave until the teacher stopped us.

"Where are you going, the bell hasn't rung yet."

"To be honest, I could care less about twhen that bell rings. I need to get my sister to the hospital." I push past him, making sure I get through, as Mike, Angelo, and Ashlyn follow behind.

We get outside, and Angelo Leads us to a Lincoln Navigator. I wonder who he stole this from.

"Would you believe I got this for only fifteen hundred dollars?" He smirked with his Mexican accent.

"Yeah sure , now just get me home!" I snap as we all climb into the truck. "Now drive!"

"Alright alright!! How do I know you're telling the truth you have never told us you had a sister!"

"If I was lying, would I have brought it this far? Now just shut it and drive!"

"Okay, okay, chill!" He says defensively as we head out of the parking lot. Good thing he knows where I live so I won't have to give him directions.

"Mom, are you still there?"

"Yeah, I'm holding her right now. She's still breathing."

"Good, let me know if anything else happens."

"I don't know if I should take her to the hospital. What if people find out about her?"

Oh my god the hospital, why didn't I think of that before?!

"Mom, you are gonna have to, so she can get the care she needs."

"Okay, I'm going now."

"Good. Angelo, change of plan. Take us to the hospital. The one across the bridge on the other side of town."

"Thats so far! I don't think I have enough gas!"

"Here!" I pull out as much mo.ey as I can from my wallet and hand it to Angelo. It was no more than thirty bucks though. "Fill up at the nearest gas station!"

"Hey, Damien, calm down, okay?" Said Ashlyn in a sweet voice, as she leans on me, and hugs me around my neck.

"My sister is hurt, how can I be okay?"

"Relax. It can't be all that bad."

"She fell down a whole flight of steps and she's only three!"

"Ooohhhh...just calm down and hope for the better, okay?"

"Okay. But since you guys will most likely end up seeing her, you can NOT TELL ANYBODY about it! And please don't flip or anything."

"Sure." The three of them said simultaneously.

"Good."

"Damien I'm at the hospital."

"Okay, make sure they agree to help her."

"Yeah. I'm gonna let you go. There is no reception Inside.

"Okay,I love you, mom."

"I love you too, Damien. Bye."

"Bye."

There is only one thing I want to say right now. To he'll with karma.


When we finally get to the hospital, I rush inside and ask for room 301 which was the room that mom texted meshe was in. With a nod, the receptionist leads us through a maze of halls and such until we arrive at room 301, which coincidentally has to be next door to the one she gave birth to me in.

"Like I said be fore, please just...don't...don't freak out, alright?" I ask in a calm manner. They all nod, and we head inside. I see mom sitting on the bed with Sally in her arms, and I noticed that Sally is awake again.

"Damien!" She exclaims happily when she sees me enter the room. It's the same as the one when she gave birth to Sally, but everything is just flopped around.

With a sigh of relief, I pick her up into my arms.

"I was so worried!!" I hug her tight as I sit on the bed.

"You brought other with you!? You know why could happen if they said something?!"

"Mom, they drove me here,and they swore to keep quiet."

I see Mike with a 'dafuq' face, Angelo faints, (wasn't expecting that) and Ashlyn looks like she wants to gobble Sally up because of her adorableness.

"So...this is your sister?" Ashlyn asks, not even caring that Angelo just flat out fainted.

"Yeah it's hard to believe, but I love her to death."

"She's so adorable!" Ashlyn walks over and scratches behind one of her ears. I can't help but smile when Sally blushes. "Whats your name, little one? She can talk right?"

"I'm S-Sally." She says nervously, as she moans a little from having her ear being scratched.

"I am at a loss for words. How is this evenpossible?" Mike asks as he qestures to all of Sally

"We wish we knew, but we love her very much." I hugs Sally tight again, as she nuzzles my neck.

"I love you too big brother." I smile every time she says she loves me because she always demands a hug and nuzzles my neck, everytime.

"The doctors said the only thing wrong was a sprained muscle in her leg, and she has a few bruises, and a couple cuts."

"My stupid hooves made me slip again."

"Yeah, well I came up with a plan to end that."

"What is it?" Mom and Ashlyn ask in unison.

"Try and stitch circular rubber pads to a bunch of socks on the toes because it will just flatten under her hooves. And Rubber because they don't slip easily."

"That is very good idea, Damien, but where will we get the rubber?"

"The junkyard maybe."

"Eeewww!!" Sally cried out.

"Damien you have the cutest little sister ever! Is she like some sort of a humanoid ...Pegasus? If those wings are real."

"Yeah, she is, and the wings are real."

"Can I hold you , Sally? You're just so cute!"

"Okay." She agrees, reaching her hands out to Ashlyn.

"You are so weird, Ashlyn." Mike deadpanns.

"Whats wrong with holding a n adorable talking pony? Nothing!" She snaps at Mike, then smiles as she picks up Sally. "Your fur is sooo soft!" she says as she strokes Sally's shoulder.

"Thanks." Sally blushes, with a smile.

"And with all your soft fur I would assume you like belly rubs?"

"Oh, god she can resist a good belly rub!" Mom exclaims, chuckling to herself a bit.

"C-can you give me a belly rub?"

"Sure thing cutie." She sits on the bed, and reaches a bit under Sally's shirt and beings petting her stomach.

"Mmmmmmm..." Sally moans happily with a smile. "This is why I like having fur. Well, it's what I like about it, not that I like having fur."

"What are you talking about? If I had fur I would be petting myself twenty four seven."

"Really?" Mike asks.

"No, but I wonder what it feels like."

"I was gonna say...awkward!"

"Funny. Oh, and Sally, I'm Ashlyn by the way." She gives Sally a sincere smile as she continues to rub Sally's belly.

"Ashlyn, if you could, when you go down, could you pull my fur just a little, because it's what Damien does and it feels really good."

"Sure thing. My nickname for you is cutie pie, alright?"

"Okay." Sally replies, hugging Ashlyn.

"And if I'm ever around and you need a belly rub, don't be afraid to come and ask me, okay?"

"Okay, thanks, you're a good friend."

"I try." She says bugging Sally back before resuming petting her belly. "I love you, Cutie Pie."

"I ...I love you too Ashlyn."


Well, that went better than I had expected it to. But then again, Ashlyn is one girl can't resist anything she thinks is adorable. Mike didn't have much of a reaction, and Angelo fainted. They were there for about an hour, and we left Angelo on the floor because you cares about Angelo? I'm kidding but we did leave him there. They left soon after we woke him up.

At some point in time, Mike gave into Sally's cutness, and they became friends as well. Mom was a bit upset I had three people come at the same time, but that slowly faded away. Then it was just me, mom and Sally, and it was me giving her the belly rub.

By the time we were let out of the hospital, it was dark, so when we gothomer, we had supper, and went to bed. Sally begging to sleep with me again, which I let her. But as the weeks went on she kept asking, so we just made it permanent that she sleeps with me until she's a bit older.

Author's Note:

Yay, finally another chapter! I know I said I would try and update every night, but I have been busy a lot, so I hope this makes up for it :twilightsheepish: