• Published 11th Mar 2015
  • 3,322 Views, 162 Comments

Assassin's Creed: Beyond - Tryhard McFatface



Altaïr thought his time was up as he sat in his library. How wrong he was...

  • ...
13
 162
 3,322

Arc 1, Chapter 1: Friends?

Altair was curious about how he would fight, should it come to that. He tried gripping his sword with his mouth, but it was highly uncomfortable, and the blade wouldn't stop wobbling. Giving up on that idea, he tried standing on his hind legs, and gripping the sword the way he used to. He doubted it would work, but lo and behold, he was able to firmly grip the sword (somehow) in his right hoof. Perplexed, Altair attempted to unsheathe his short blade, with great success. He then threw a knife into a nearby stump, with his usual deadly accuracy. Finally, he tried to use his hidden blades. After a bit of fidgeting, he figured out that the mechanism was altered to spring and retract when he flicked his hoof.

With that out of the way, He figured that he would need to be able to walk and run on only his hind legs in case of an emergency. After a bit of practice, he was just as quick as before.

Altair's POV

I still don't understand how, but whatever that light was, it reversed my age. I thought to myself as I neared the bridge to cross the stream, and into the town. At least I've finally reached civilization. I walked through town, and, as per usual, some of the citizens made a double take when I walked past. To my confusion, some of the horses bore a horn atop their head, or wings at their sides. I had heard of these creatures, unicorns and pegasi, if I recall, but I had no idea they existed, especially in this... rather vast spectrum of color. I made a quick scan of the vicinity with Eagle Vision, and all of the horses standing around me appeared neutral. Satisfied, I pressed on. I heard calling from a nearby market stall.

"Apples! Get yer Apples!" An orange mare with a straw-colored mane and tail, both of which tied back with a red band, and a strange hat upon her head. I decided to approach the stall.

"Howdy partner!" She noticed my attire, and lack of facial expression. Her look went from happy to uncertain, and mildly frightened. Understandable, it's not every day you see a stoic faced, robed, hooded stallion, not to mention, armed. "C-can ah h-help ya?" She stammered.

"Indeed. I've gone without a single morsel for nearly a day," (which wasn't completely false), "and as such I am rather hungry. Could you spare a fruit or two?" I asked her. She visibly calmed down when she realized I didn't want to hurt her.

"Well, a'course! Always a pleasure to help somepony!" She took out two apples and placed them on the counter. "That'll be three bits mister!" She smiled.

"Bits? Oh, it seems the currency is not the same as where I am from. Sorry to bother you." I turned to leave.

"Wait! Come back here, y'all!" She called to me. I turned, and walked back to the stall. "Ya can take these two fer free. Didn't know ya were a foreigner." She said to me. I couldn't help but smile, just a small one, at the generosity of this mare. I thanked her, and placed one of the apples in my pouch, and took a bite out of the other. My mouth exploded, it was so delicious. Much better than anything I had eaten in Masyaf, besides the occasional meat supper. I had noticed by now, judging by the fact that I was an equine, that I was an herbivore now, so meat was out of the question.

As I walked off, the mare called out, "Y'all come back now, ya hear?"

Around fifteen minutes later

I was casually strolling through the town, when I was impacted by a blur of pink. My reflexes kicked in, and my hidden blade sprang out of it's hiding place, resting at the throat of a very energetic pink mare.

"Ohmygoshthatissuchacooldeviceareyouaninjacanyoudoninjamovesandclimbupwallsand-" "PINKIE!!" The pink mare stood up off me. I retracted the blade, and turned to look at my savior. It was another mare, lavender in color, with a purple mane and tail, with a single, lighter highlight in both, of which a small horn protruded from her mane. The mare walked over to me.

"Sorry about her, she gets really excited around new ponies." She apologized. Ponies? I thought.

"Well, try to keep her under control. If I was back where I came here from, I probably wouldn't have hesitated to run my blade through her throat." The mare froze at that. I may or may not be in trouble. Better make sure... I activated Eagle Vision, revealing the lavender mare as neutral, and the pink one a vibrant blue, a friend. Good thing I stopped short. I thought. The lavender mare broke me out of my thoughts.

"Y-you mean, you would've KILLED her?!" The mare took on a surprised, horrified look. My Eagle Vision still read her as neutral, though, so I didn't have to worry. Yet.

"Where I came from, the guards are corrupt, the people are anything but honest, and danger lurks around every corner. Experiences there haven't been pretty." I replied calmly. The mare went from shocked to empathetic in all of three seconds.

"O-oh, I'm so sorry, I didn't know..." She tried to continue, but I cut her off.

"It's fine. I've had my fair share of misunderstandings." My mind drifted back to Al Mualim, his betrayal, or rather, his scheme.

In my Eagle Vision, the lavender mare turned blue. I guess I've made a friend. I thought of Malik, and our friendship.

The pink mare, who had been standing there, listening to the entire conversation, watched us. She had an impossibly wide grin on her face. Now, I had a chance to study her better. One word to describe her, Pink. Her coat was pink, her mane, her tail, pink. She turned to me and suddenly wore a shocked expression.

"OHMYGOSH! I need to start getting ready for the party!!" She dashed off at an incredible speed. I stood there, watching. The purple mare turned to me after watching the mare sprint off.

"Wow. Your jaw didn't drop. At all. That's a first!" She chuckled. I smiled internally.

"I've trained myself to keep a neutral expression at all times, so my opponents can't read my emotions." She raised an eyebrow.

"Opponents? You're a fighter?" She asked.

"Show me to your house, I'll explain everything once we get there. What I will tell you is not for the public's ears." The mare was confused by this.

"Why? What's so secret you have to wait until we get to my home?" She questioned.

"When I tell you, all will become clear." I replied. The mare sighed.

"Alright. This way." She turned to leave, but stopped. "By the way, I'm Twilight Sparkle." Odd name...

"Altaïr. Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad" The mare looked confused.

"Altaïr Ibben-what?" I didn't mind, I didn't expect her to get it.

"Pay it no mind. My last name was always hard for the ones who just learned it." I assured her. The mare nodded, and set off down the road. I followed.

Author's Note:

AAAAAAAUGH SO MANY TESTS!!!

Anyway, school has been a pain, but I finally found time to write the first real chapter.

I hope you enjoyed. Constructive criticism would be appreciated. Thanks for reading!