• Published 11th Mar 2015
  • 3,322 Views, 162 Comments

Assassin's Creed: Beyond - Tryhard McFatface



Altaïr thought his time was up as he sat in his library. How wrong he was...

  • ...
13
 162
 3,322

Arc 1, Chapter 5: The Following Day (Kind of Interlude Chapter/MORE EXPLANATION [Only a Little, Though])

Rainbow Dash and I met in the field beyond the town, around ten or fifteen minutes out. She arrived a few minutes after I did.

"So, how do I get started?" She asked. I thought for a second.

"I have a few questions, to better understand just how I should go about training you." She groaned, and flopped to the ground. "Complain, however, and I could very well walk away now." She sat bolt upright. "First question, How often do you exercise on your own, without being told to do so?" She put a hoof to her chin.

"Well, I fly around for a solid three hours every afternoon..." She said. I nodded. 'Not bad, but she'll need to be able to run as well...'

"Good. Do you have any training or experience in combat, with or without weaponry?" Again, she thought about it.

"Well, I know Karate..." She replied. "I've never used a weapon before, though..." She sank a bit. 'Karate...? I'll ask later.'

"That's nothing to be ashamed of. Hopefully, you'll never have to use one in the future. One more question, and this one is very important, do you want to learn how to use weapons like mine?" She went wide eyed.

"R-really? You mean it?" She stared at me with wide eyes.

"On one condition." She cocked her head to the side. "Never, under ANY circumstances, use a weapon on ANYBODY, unless your life is threatened. Understood?" My voice was cold, unforgiving. She got the message, and nodded quickly. "Good. Now, I have a decent picture of how you will be trained. I can tell you are fast in the air, but one must be quick on the ground as well. I don't care if you can run quickly already, because you can always get faster. I want you to alternate between running and flying during your three hour routine. Extend it if you must." She stared for a second, before nodding. I could tell she thought it wasn't necessary.

"But to start..." I stood up, prompting her to do the same. "You'll need to practice standing and moving like this." I stood on my hind legs to demonstrate. She raised an eyebrow, as if to say, 'That's all?' before attempting it herself, faceplanting in the process. I held out a hoof to her, which she took. She stood up and rubbed the back of her neck, slightly embarrassed.

It took a while, but she managed to balance herself on two legs. After she got a feel for that, we practiced walking and running. After an hour or two, she could walk and run on her hind legs as well. I decided that it was time to stop for the day, seeing as the sun was setting. As we were on our way back to Ponyville, we were confronted by none other than the world's most energetic mare.

"Hello, Pinkie Pie. What do you need?" She was bouncing in place. 'It baffles me how she manages to have this much energy on a daily basis. Ah, I probably shouldn't dwell on it.'

"You, silly! Follow me!" She trotted off. I bid farewell to Dash, who flew off towards the town. I walked after Pinkie. We soon came upon a place that looked to be made entirely of food. Inside, it was dark.

"Are you sure this is the right place? I don't think-" I was cut off by lights illuminating the room, and a loud cry of "SURPRISE!" And for the first time in years, my jaw dropped. 'They got the entire town together, just to have a 'party' in my honor?'

"Were you surprised?!" Pinkie, once again, was directly in front of my face. I nodded.

"It's been a... long time since I've had this enthusiastic of a welcome. I am very thankful that you are willing to accept me." I smiled. The following cheers could be heard from Canterlot.

We spent the next thirty minutes getting me acquainted with the other patrons. The cross-eyed mare and I had a quite pleasant conversation. Throughout the party I had to blow out candles adorning a 'cake', which was quite sweet, but not too much so, and play a variety of games. One of the more favored games, 'Pin the Tail on the Pony' it was called, I was very good at.

"Altaïr?" I turned to see Twilight walking towards me.

"What do you need?"

"Could you, maybe tell me a bit about your old home?" 'Should I? It is a bit suspect to not disclose anything about your home...'

"Yes, I can do that. What would you like to know?" She smiled brightly.

"Can you tell me a bit about where you lived, specifically? I mean, temperature, conditions and whatnot."

"Usually, it was warm. There wasn't very much flora, either. The most you would see were some grass, shrubs and a few trees scattered about."

"Huh. That doesn't sound very interesting, no offense." She said.

"None taken. Is there anything else I can tell you?"

"Well, how about the ponies- er, what do you call them?" She asked me.

"People."

"Thanks. What are the people like there?" I looked away for a second, confusing the mare.

"What's wrong? Did I ask a bad question?" I shook my head.

"No, but it brings back a few... less than happy memories.

"Do you not want to answer?" She asked, concerned. I shook my head again.

"No, you deserve to know. Like I said when we first met, it wasn't the most pleasant place to be. The people were far from friendly there. The guards were not very good to begin with, but it was even worse for me." She cocked her head to the side.

"Why?"

"I explained it to you. I am an Assassin. The cities were under the influence of the Templars. If the Templars caught me, they would not hesitate to kill me, right there in the middle of the street, in front of all the citizens." Her eyes widened in shock.

"I knew you lived in constant danger, but that's just horrible!" She exclaimed.

"Yes, it is. Please excuse me." I turned to walk away, but was stopped by a hoof on my shoulder.

"Thanks, Altaïr." She smiled slightly before walking away. I couldn't help but smile. 'These ponies are starting to affect my demeanor.'

Eventually, the party came to a close. The guests slowly filed out. I thanked Pinkie for the party, and told Rainbow Dash to meet me at the same place at the same time in three days. I left for the library after that.

When I got there, I immediately walked down the stairs, got into my makeshift bed, and fell asleep.

Author's Note:

Finally, I got this one finished. On a side note, this is usually where my fics turn to sh*t (I've written stories before, but it wasn't pretty), because I can't seem to keep it interesting or original. Things turn painfully cliche, and I physically cringe when I read it over it gets so cheesy. I'll try my best, but you have been warned. On a side note, is my text to speech ratio off? It feels like I'm using too much dialogue and not enough narration.

I know I ask every time but I could use constructive criticism, and thank you for reading!