• Published 11th Mar 2015
  • 3,324 Views, 162 Comments

Assassin's Creed: Beyond - Tryhard McFatface



Altaïr thought his time was up as he sat in his library. How wrong he was...

  • ...
13
 162
 3,324

Arc 2, Chapter 1: A New Hope (Here we go)

"You had better come out of there alive." I placed a hand over Sofia's.

"I plan to." I responded. I descended down the stairs to Altaïr's Library, alone. The stairs led to a dark corridor. I proceeded, lighting torches along the walls as I went. The hallway led to a large room filled with bookcases. What was strange was the fact that they were all devoid of any books, scrolls or tomes. In the center of the room, there were a few chairs, only one of which was occupied. I knew instantly who it must be. I began to approach the figure.

"No books... No wisdom... Just you, fratello mio." I walked up to the great Assassin, three centuries dead, and knelt before him. "Requiescat in pace, Altaïr." I took the memory seal from beneath his hand, and observed the final memory of Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad.

With that, I left the old Assassin behind, turning instead to the artifact behind him. I approached the golden artifact curiously.

"Another artifact?" I said to myself, reaching out to the circular object on the pedestal, but stopped myself. "No. You will stay here." I pulled my hand away, and stepped back. "I have seen enough for one life." Just then, the artifact emitted a shockwave of light, and I instinctively covered my eyes with an arm. The artifact was glowing now. I called out into the empty room.

"Desmond?" No response. I decided to continue. "I heard your name once before, Desmond, a long time ago. And now it lingers in my mind, like an image from an old dream." the room began to change around me, lines of golden light covering the area. "I do not know where you are, or by what means you can hear me. But I know you are listening." I gripped my left hidden blade, removing it, and dropped it. Then the right. I drew my sword, and released it as well. "I have lived my life as best I could, not knowing its purpose, but drawn forward like a moth to a distant moon." I turned continuously, as if expecting someone to appear. "And here, at last, I discover a strange truth. That I am only a conduit for a message that eludes my understanding." I stopped, my back to the artifact. "Who are we, who have been so blessed to share our stories like this? To speak across centuries?" The room faded to black and gold. "Maybe you will answer all the questions I have asked. Maybe you will be the one to make all this suffering worth something in the end." A man, clad in strange clothing, appeared before me. I walked up to him, and placed a hand on his shoulder. "Now... listen..." My world faded in a flash of white light.

The field, Outside of Ponyville

"Ugh, La mia testa..." I tried to stand, but flopped onto my face. I let out a grunt of frustration into the ground before taking a look at my arm, revealing a shocking sight. My robe wasn't what I was wearing in the library. It was my father's robe, the one I wore when I first became an Assassin. What scared me more, however, was the fact that my hand was gone, replaced by a light brown hoof. Panicking, I checked the other arm, seeing that that hand had been replaced by a hoof as well. Distraught, I checked around for my weapons, remembering that I had removed them before meeting that man, who I could only assume was Desmond. To my relief, they were laying on the ground to me left. Now I just need to get to them.

I suppose I should teach myself how to stand as a horse, first of all... And so I did, faceplanting multiple times in the process. Then, I taught myself how to walk and run on four legs, resulting in multiple falls, most of which on my face again. Rubbing my newly discovered muzzle, I walked over to my weapons to retrieve them. Now... how do I do this...? I didn't need to give it much thought, however, as I gripped my sword naturally, as if my hand was still there. I didn't give it too much thought. Given all that's happened, I'm willing to believe anything. I strapped my hidden blades back on as well.

I then took the time to get my bearings. The entire area seemed... dead. What's happened to this place? The grass is yellow, the stream is dirty, the town in the distance is in disrepair... wait, town! I took another quick look around. The only other possible shelter was the dark forest behind me, and I wasn't going to take my chances.

I decided that before I could go, I needed to re-learn how to walk on two legs, in case I got into a fight. I spent the next few hours adapting to fighting with hooves.

"Fanculo!" I swore as I tripped again, this time towards the stream. Thankfully, only my left hoof actually went in the water, but it was still wet. I flicked my hoof to get the water off, and the hidden blade sprang out. "Gah!" I stumbled backwards, eventually falling again. Curious, I flicked my hoof again, and the blade retracted. "Strange..." I said to myself.

Eventually, I managed to reattain the level I was at as a human. It was at that point that I began thinking about how easy this was. My movements were becoming hindered because of my age, but now it all feels so natural, like I was younger. I pulled my hood back, and walked over to the stream, checking the reflection. It was difficult because of the water's lack of cleanliness, but I could distinctly see a black mane and tail. Needless to say, I was surprised. This day is full or surprises, isn't it? I thought to myself as I began walking towards the decrepit town.

Author's Note:

I feel like I cheated, using the exact lines like that. But it's too late now, you've seen it.

Anyways, This marks the beginning of the second story arc, "The Resistance, the Rebellion." I'll let you decide what that title means. Ezio has arrived in a very different Equestria, and it doesn't look good. What Ezio does now will affect the future of all ponies.

Okay, I know that this first chapter seems I bit redundant, considering how Altaïr arrived, but this is Ezio's perspective, after all, so he needed to do what Altaïr did to get back into fighting condition.

All I can do it hope that you stay to witness it. I hope you will keep showing your support, and don't hesitate to send feedback. Anything helps! Thanks for reading, and be sure to stay tuned for the next chapter!