• Published 10th Aug 2015
  • 10,503 Views, 151 Comments

God Among Us - CrypticMetaphor



The God of Destruction Beerus finds himself far from his home dimension and must live among mortals until Whis finds him

  • ...
11
 151
 10,503

IV

Beerus yawned slightly as he trailed behind Rarity, the cat glancing around at the occasional onlooker who would either greet him kindly or bow in respect. He smirked at their polite efforts. He had to admit, despite the fact that this world seemed like utter nonsense and the fact that it hurt his eyes because for some reason it was too bright, it was….homely. Like a rustic hut on a distant jungle planet.

“Hm,” he mused.

Rarity glanced back at Beerus, “Is something the matter?”

Beerus stared at her with a raised eyebrow, “Is everyone here always so,” he rolled the word around in his mouth for a few moments before speaking it, “Cheery?”

Rarity chuckled, “Well it can’t be helped,” she waved at a mare who returned the gesture, “It’s quite rare to see anypony in a bad mood, especially with Pinkie Pie around. Now that we have a visiting royal here, everypony will be working their hardest to ensure your stay in our kingdom is a memorable one!”

Beerus gagged slightly when a he noticed a group of fillies happily humming a tune nearby, “I find it slightly nauseating. Being happy all the time,” he waved a hand in the air, “ridiculous!”

Rarity raised a questioning eyebrow at him as they rounded the corner, “Ridiculous and nauseating? Why would you say such a thing?”

Beerus moaned in irritation, “There’s no such thing as a perfect and happy world,” he glanced at Rarity, “There must always be chaos to stir up the peace. It’s the very overarching rule of the universe.”

Rarity nodded, “Well our world is far from perfect I assure you,” she stopped and turned to Beerus, “despite what Equestria might appear to be, there’s far more to our world than sunshine and rainbows.”

Beerus glanced up as he noticed the clouds above him being burst open and a large majestic rainbow then spread itself across the horizon.

“I’m not convinced,” he stated flatly.

Rarity shook her head with a good natured smile and continued to lead the cat lord to their destination. As time dragged on, they eventually came into view of Twilight’s Castle. Rarity smiled as she trotted briskly toward the doors. Beerus stayed outside for a few more moments, eyeing the structure with a critical eye. He rubbed his chin as he continued to stare on.

“Interesting,” he muttered, “Just like Clarity, it seems this structure radiates the same energies that permeate this world,” he glanced around, “But what kind of power is it? It’s not the same power Goku and his comrades draw from,” he scratched his head in irritation, “This is starting to get on my nerves!”

“Oh! There you are Lord Beerus! I was wondering why you were taking so long,” Twilight gave a small smile, “but Rarity just told me that she wanted to make your clothes to your exact specifications.”

Beerus nodded as he approached the open door, “That she did, and she did not disappoint. Now, where are these Princesses you’ve spoken of that just HAD to meet me?”

Twilight smiled a tad sheepishly, “Well…you see that’s just the thing, they’re not here.”

Beerus raised an eyebrow, “Oh? And where, pray tell, are they?”

Twilight gestured to her left, “In Canterlot, lucky for you they made some time to meet you.”

“They took extra time for me,” Beerus chuckled darkly, “Good; I would hate to be kept waiting after all this preparation.”

Twilight gave a swift nod, “Agreed, it would be a slight annoyance. Believe me,” she muttered, “the lines that can grow in there.”

Beerus stared at her for a solid few seconds before tilting his head, “Well?”

Twilight blinked then gave her head a shake, “Oh! Right! Well, if we leave now, we can just catch the train.”

Beerus blinked in puzzlement, “Train?”

Twilight blinked right back at him, “You mean you’ve never been on a train before?”

“Most certainly not,” Beerus crossed his arms and turned away, “I’ve never even heard of such a thing.”

Twilight’s eyes sparkled as she clapped her hooves excitedly, “Well then you’re in for a treat!”

Beerus looked over his shoulder at Twilight, “Hm?”

*

“BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!”

Twilight shifted a little uncomfortably in her seat, sweating a little in nervousness. It had been close to forty minutes since their departure, and Beerus was less than thrilled at his first train ride. It started out well though. When she showed him the locomotive, he was quite surprised to see such, ‘a fusion of steam and metal’. He was quite intrigued about how it would roll down the tracks and get them from point A to point B. He all but demanded to ride in the finest booth for his first trip, to which Twilight had no problem with. When it started rolling, Beerus was quite calm and collected, but then the gurgling happened about ten minutes out.

At first, Twilight didn’t know where it was coming from, but then she saw the purple face of Beerus start to turn green. It was on that day that Twilight Sparkle had discovered something that none, not even Beerus himself knew about. Lord Beerus, the God of Destruction, got travel sick. Luckily Twilight had given Beerus a supply of large paper bags, courtesy of the train’s dining cart.

Twilight chuckled nervously, “Well…you got to ride on a train…”

Beerus glared at the alicorn and was about to speak, until another spasm rocked him and silenced his words. Twilight looked out the window and thanked Celestia’s sun that they had finally reached Canterlot. When the train came to a complete stop, Beerus stood up swiftly from his seat and surged off train, pushing many ponies out of the way until finally reaching and letting loose in a public garbage can. Twilight slowly came up behind him and rhythmically patted his back until he was finished. Beerus, now leveled out, rose up to his full height and turned his ire to Twilight.

“Do not EVER,” he leaned close to her until their noses touched, “Take me on one of those trains, again,” he spoke through clenched teeth on each word.

Twilight gulped nervously and nodded, “O…of course! Pinkie promise!”

Beerus stood back up as a small attachment of guards approached, “I assume these ponies are our welcome?”

The leader of the group stepped forward, “Am I to understand that I am addressing the visiting Lord known as Lord Beerus?”

“You are,” Beerus answered curtly, “I assume you’re here to take me to your leaders?”

The guard nodded, taken slightly aback by his almost angered tone.

“Well let’s get underway Shiny Sides,” he spoke in annoyance, “I haven’t got all day.”

The guards nodded and started to lead them away. One guard near the back spoke up however before they merged into the crowd.

“How’d he know my name was Shiny Sides?”

Author's Note:

Sorry for the short update, but keep in mind, this IS still the introductory act. Plus, consider this a lesson on not rushing me XP


"Do try not to make a habit of this Cryptic. I demanded this story be grand."

Sorry my Lord.

"Well I suppose it can't be helped, try not to disappoint me, see you all next time. MY faithful readers"