• Published 7th Mar 2015
  • 2,975 Views, 93 Comments

Good Night Luna - Scribe Scribbles



It takes place thirteen years in the future. I find Luna and raise her for some odd amount of years.

  • ...
28
 93
 2,975

chapter 10: Stories

Over the course of the next half month Luna had already watched every single episode of every season. She learned all the names of every background character. She could name every single one of them off the top of her head, while I could only name twenty if I'm lucky. Her favorite character was, and the answer is pretty obvious. Celestia. She really looked up to her. I guess it also had to do a lot with the fact that she's her big sister and even after everything Luna had done Celestia still forgave her.

Luna would always had at least ten questions per episode and I was able to answer some of them, but the only question that I (nor any one else on the planet) could answer was.

"How old am I?" Luna asked.

"Uh, huh. Well How should I know? There are only two ponies in all the worlds that could know the answer and one them isn't here and the other one doesn't remember anything."

"Just asking." Luna turned back to the TV and began her little game of 'spot every background character'. She named one character after another. We were watching season 8 episode 10. Luna had already seen this episode many times over but this time she finally spotted a new character. "Who's that pony?"

"Oh! 'bout damn time you spotted him!"

"Hey!"

"Oops." I cussed. I never allowed Luna to cuss and so if she couldn't swear, I couldn't either.

"What do you mean about time?" Luna stared me down.

"Well that character is one missed several times, not just in this episode, but every other."

"Who is he?" I walked out of the room and went up stairs into my room. I pulled out a box from under the bed and grabbed a piece of paper out. I walked back down and showed Luna the paper. "What's this?"

"My character, along with my mom and dad."

"You drew your own original character?"

"And one for my mom and dad." I pointed to a pony drawing on the far left. "That is Scribe scribbles. Brown hair, brown eyes, and brown fur."

"He's a unicorn?"

"Yeah. He's a writer."

"Are you a writer?"

"Yeah I wrote a story. Character." I brought Luna's attention back to the paper.

"What's his cutie mark?"

"A phoenix feather quill sitting in a silver ink jar."

"Who's that?" Luna pointed the middle drawing of another unicorn with the same color scheme. The pony was my moms OC. She had a white ceramic coffee cup and plate. She makes coffee for a living. Her hair was short like Photo Finish.

"My mom."

"And this one?" She pointed to the far right pony sketch.

"My dad." He was an earth pony. I sketched him after Big Mack. He had a straw hat, a tooth pick in his mouth. He had short brown hair and brown eyes. He liked to do things by hand. A 'Do it yourself and do it right the first time' kinda dad. He had a lit light bulb for a cutie mark. He was an electrician. I told Luna my characters background. Luna rather liked his background.

We watched the rest of season 8. I was about to click on the first episode of the next season when Luna brought up the topic of my failed story.

"What kind of story did you write?"

"Well..." I walked over to the shelf and grabbed a dusty book from off the top. "I wrote this story a while ago. I then rewrote it and submitted it hoping to get it published. Yeah, it didn't turn out the way I hoped and I didn't have a back-up plan in case it failed. So that's how I ended up like this."

"Can I read it?"

"Sure, but there's death."

"What?! Why?" Luna looked like she was going to throw up again.

"Well it's a story about a Latin warrior that has two dragons and creates a huge empire long before the Romans ever ruled. And then he gets home sick and goes back to Italy."

"That actually sounds pretty good. Why wasn't it published?"

"The publishers didn't like the idea of mixing a Sparta like worrier with mid-evil dragons. Here." I handed Luna the book and she began to read. She couldn't seem to take her snout out of the book. She asked a lot of questions and my answer was always the same. "Read it and find out." When I came home from work the next day she was sitting in front of door waiting for me. She was levitating the book. "You like it?"

"I love it."

"...But." I said knowing there was more.

"You left it on cliff hanger."

"Well that's just the first book of the series. It's meant to be a trilogy."

"Oh." Luna said lowering her head disappointingly.

"You wanna read the next book?" Luna looked up hopefully.

"I thought you said they didn't publish this?"

"Yes, but I still kept writing. It helps me keep busy when I have nothing to do." I sat down in front of the computer and pulled up the word document. "Help yourself." Luna sat down and began reading. Every now and then she would correct my spelling and grammar. She loved it, aside from the deaths of course. She read the rest of the books.

"That was so sad!" Luna said just finishing the last book in another series I wrote. She opened another folder and looked at another story name. "What's this story about?" Luna said hovering the courser over a folder of another book series.

"That's my latest story I'm writing. It's not finished, or started."

"What's it about?"

"It's about a dragon with a mental disease that runs away to Mexico. She takes over the border between the U.S. and Mexico and becomes a very powerful drug lord. And yes, there is death. A lot of death."

"Why does she become a drug lord?"

"Well, she's mentally unstable and is constantly trying not to go completely insane." Luna clicked on the document and read the 453 words that were there. For only having that many words in the story so far, Luna had a million questions. I decided to sit down and continue where I left off on the story. I haven't done any since Luna came into my life so I decided to back into it and with Luna to help.

"You know dad..." Luna said after a little while of typing. "Why don't you try to publish one of your other stories. I bet you they would like them."

"Well they all are kind of connected."

"What do you mean?" I decided to stop what I was doing and tell Luna the whole story about my stories.

After a rather long afternoon, I answered Luna's last question and then carried up stairs to the bed.

"Good Night Luna." I said hugging Luna.

"Goodnight, dad. I love you."

"I love you too, Luna."