• Published 7th Mar 2015
  • 2,972 Views, 93 Comments

Good Night Luna - Scribe Scribbles



It takes place thirteen years in the future. I find Luna and raise her for some odd amount of years.

  • ...
28
 93
 2,972

chapter 9: The Truth

Luna and I were siting on the couch one day and there was a knocking at the door.

"Luna, hide." Luna ran up stairs and locked the bedroom door. I opened the door and Julli came bursting through. "Slow down there Julli. You're gonna brake something." Julli ran up stairs.

"She's going to be staying with you for the next week." John said entering the room and setting box down next to the couch.

"Where you goin this time?"

"Utah. Rebecca's always wanted to see the arches. You've been there. How is it?"

"It's great. Hope you guys have a great time." I said.

"Thanks." He closed the door and drove off.

Luna and Julli always had a great time together. They were the best of friends. One day I walked over to the washer and dryer to get the cloths. I opened the dryer and reached in to get the cloths. When I reached in I felt something that wasn't cloths.

"Luna." I said moving a shirt to see her big eyes. "I've told you before, you need to stop hopping here when it's done. Someday I'm gonna start it up again and you're gonna be in it."

"Sorry dad. It's just these cloths are soo warm!" She gave me the cutest little smile. I grabbed a big handful of cloths with Luna in it and dropped them in the basket. I walked over to the couch and began folding cloths. Luna would usually sit in the basket with the cloths and hand them to me to fold. I folded a few towels, pants, and shirts. I got done folding a pear of pants when I looked back and saw Luna levitating one of Julli's MLP shirts.

Oh no. I thought to myself. Here it comes.

"Dad. What's My Little Pony?" She said.

"It's nothing." I tried to do something, but it didn't work.

"Dad. They look just like me. What is My Little Pony?" I knew there wasn't any hiding it any more. I sat down and told her everything and answered any questions. She didn't seem mad or disappointed, in fact, she seemed happy. I guess she felt comfort in the fact that she's not the only one of her kind out there. "So there's a whole television series of ponies just like me? That is AWESOME!"

"Well they're not exactly like you."

"What do you mean?"

"Well in MLP you are a princess. You raise and lower the moon."

"I do?!" She turned her to the window. "That's soo cool! Can I see it? Can I see the episodes?"

"Sure, but I have to tell you one thing before that."

"What?"

"You're not exactly the 'good pony' in this first episode."

"Wha-what do you mean? I don't get it."

"Well you'll just have to watch it." I plugged in my Fire HD Stick. I had disconnected it because I didn't want her to find out. I went on to my account and clicked on My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic. Julli was in the bathtub getting clean from playing with the ducks in the mud. Luna was very anxious to see it and loved the fact that they all looked just like her. She was so scared of Nightmare Moon and completely hated all the things she did to try and stop the main six.

"So." I said after part 1 ended. "what do you think of Nightmare Moon?"

"I don't like her. She's a very mean pony." I had the biggest smile on face trying to control my anxiety to tell her. "What?" Luna said seeing my smile. "What's so funny?"

"Nothing, nothing. Let's just watch part 2." When it got to the part where the main six were about defeat Nightmare Moon, Luna was bounding with joy that the 'mean pony was done with!'. I grabbed the remote and waited for the perfect moment. When Nightmare Moon was finally defeated I paused the episode right where you get see the true Luna laying on the floor.

"Why'd you stop it?" Luna asked looking at the TV screen.

"Where is Nightmare Moon?" I could barely stop myself from laughing.

"What? What do you mean?"

"Who's that mare there?" Luna examined the scene.

"She.. She looks like me, but where's Nightmare Moon?"

"Oh, she's in there." Luna examined the scene closely trying to find any other pony in there.

"I don't see her. Where is she?"

"She's right there."

"Her?" Luna pointed to the blue mare.

"Yes. Well technically no and technically yes."

"what?" Luna was completely baffled.

"That is Nightmare Moon technically speaking."

"Well then who is she really?" Luna was starting to get impatient.

"That's you, Luna. Princess Luna." Luna looked back at the screen speechless.

"That's me?"

"Ee-yep!"

"I still don't get it, where's Nightmare moon?" I didn't say anything. I un-paused it and continued watching. When Celestia walked in and said her lines Luna's jaw dropped to the floor. She seemed even more surprised than the main six were. "I'm Nightmare Moon?!" She said.

"Correction. You were Nightmare Moon. You have changed." It took Luna a while to process everything that just happened in the last two minutes.

"What!" Julli came down the stairs wearing clean cloths. "You're watching My Little Pony without me?"

"Correction! We're watching MLP without you." Julli came around and saw Luna siting next to me, still trying to comprehend everything.

"You told her?"

"Well she found your shirt."

"Oh. Sorry. What's up with her though?"

"She's still trying to comprehend the fact that she was Nightmare Moon." After a while I brought Luna To bed. She didn't fall asleep far a while. Her mind was still racing. "Good Night Luna." I yawned as I went to sleep. "I love you. now go to sleep!"

"OK. I love you too dad."