• Published 7th Mar 2015
  • 2,975 Views, 93 Comments

Good Night Luna - Scribe Scribbles



It takes place thirteen years in the future. I find Luna and raise her for some odd amount of years.

  • ...
28
 93
 2,975

chapter 15: Winter Vacation

I woke up late in the morning. I came down to the kitchen to see Luna cooking some noodles and sauce. Luna was roughly sixteen years old and looked about average pony, which apparently was 3’ 6”. Luna liked cooking and also liked saying she was 4’ including her horn.

“You’re up late.” Luna said looking back with a smile. I gave her a kiss on forehead and went to see if I had gotten those flower seeds I ordered two days ago. I opened the door and a weasel ran inside. It was as if he was just waiting for me to open it. Luna went absolutely crazy. “GET THAT HORRID THING OUT!” She shrieked.

I don’t know why some one on the internet thought Luna would like having a pet possum. She absolutely despised any creature that reassembled a rat. She especially hated weasels after the whole Moon incident. I casually walked back into the living room to see Luna standing there levitating a squirming weasel by the tale. She had the angriest look on her face.

I walked back to the door and held it open so Luna could throw the weasel out. The flower seed hadn’t arrived yet. I sat down and ate my bowl of noodles. Luna always made everything just the way I liked it. Noodles with a pinch of salt. Luna sat down next to me levitating her bowl with some sauce.

“Thank you Luna.” I said pulling Luna into a hug. We ate our noodles for a few minutes when I heard car pull onto the property. I got up and went to the window thinking to see the mail lady with my flower seeds. Instead I saw my favorite niece jumping out of a minivan. “Luna. Go upstairs.” There was flash of light and Luna was out of sight.

“Uncle! Uncle! Are you home?” I heard my niece say from the other side of the door. I opened the door and she immediately threw her arms around me. “Hi uncle! How’s it going?” Julli said. Julli was now a junior in high school. “How’s Luna?” Julli whispered.

“Great.” I replied. “Look at you! You’re almost as tall as me.” I said looking at how much Julli had grown in the past ten years. We e-mail and Skyped all the time but it was nice to see exactly how much she grew in person.

“I know right!” Julli said. “I’m 5’ 3” It’s amazing!”

“Ya need to shrink!” I replied looking over the top of her head to see John unloading luggage. “Come on. Let’s help your old man.”

“I heard that!” John said handing Julli her luggage.

“Why didn’t you tell me you guys were coming?” I said to Rebecca.

“We did! Earlier today.” Rebecca handed me a few things to carry in. I tossed John and Rebecca’s stuff in the guest room on the first floor. Julli settled in on the second floor.

“Nice place you have.” John said walking in. “I noticed it’s solar powered.”

“Yeah. Oh! When you take a shower, make sure your bedroom light is off otherwise everything starts flickering on and off.”

“Got it!” John grabbed a bowl and scooped up some noodles and sauce. “No meat balls?” John looked at me with his usual look of ‘Really’.

“What have I been telling you for the past eleven years?” I looked at him with my look of ‘Shut Up!’.

“Ah, yes. Vegetarian.” John went into the living room and sat down on the couch. I went upstairs to see how Julli was doing. She was in the guest bed room unpacking her stuff.

“So.” Julli said the second I entered the room. “Where’s Luna.” I walked into the short hallway. I pulled down a ladder that lead to the attic. The attic wasn’t much. It was only four feet tall so we had to crouch down. I pulled up the ladder and walked over to a stack of boxes. I moved a few of them out of the way and opened a secret door to Luna’s little music studio. Luna usually made music when guests were over or when she was bored.

I didn’t really worry about someone hearing Luna in here because the whole room was sound proof, plus Luna never did loud music, she only did soft soothing melodies. Luna was laying on beanbag in the fare corner. Luna immediately jumped up at the sight of her one and only friend.

“Julli!” “Luna!” They both said to each other. The two squeezed each other in a hug. Sadly, the reunion would be cut short by John walking up the stairs.

“Julli! Lane! What are you doing?” John pulled the ladder down and poked his head in the attic.

“Showing Julli how the solar panels work.” We just barely got the door shut and the boxes back up. We got out of the attic and went back down stairs.
John and his family were on a winter vacation. Considering the climate usually stays the same in Hawaii, I had completely forgotten that it was winter. We stayed in the house for the whole day, which was a bitch! My house was small because if it was any bigger, I would have pay a shit ton more in taxes. Having a small home had advantages like Luna and I were always close, and you couldn’t really loose anything in it. But of course there were draw backs, such as it was so small that you could everyone talking no matter what room they were in, and you can never get away from people you don’t want to be around.

A few days past by and then my parents came too. I showed the family around to all kinds of places they couldn’t get to visit. I took to some good places to eat. It was very weird taking my family out to eat. I never ate at any of the restaurants because of Luna. I seemed to have this thing where if Luna couldn’t do this or go there then neither could I. I took my family to all kinds of beaches they haven’t been to before.
Even though I couldn’t really take Luna to beaches for obvious reasons we still tried to go now and then. I usually took Luna to beaches late at night when people asleep or too tired to give a shit about anything other sleep. There was beach in particular that I really wanted to take Luna to and that was Green Sands Beaches at the southern tip of the island. The reason I couldn’t find time to take Luna there was because that beach was one of the most popular beach on the Big Island.

One day I decided to plant the seeds. My family was still here so they helped plant them. We started in the backward. I got the gravel and rocks replaced with dirt and grass. Luna and I had built little wall of volcanic rock that surrounded the entire perimeter of the property. The flower seeds were blue Bougainvillea and I planned to have them grow all over the entire wall. They would grow to be the same lovely blue as Luna’s mane.