• Published 2nd Mar 2015
  • 3,566 Views, 109 Comments

Equestria Girls 3: The Friendship Games - EmeraldSkies



It's time for the 10th annual Friendship Games, and the Wondercolts are determined to beat Cyrstal Prep and end their losing streak

  • ...
3
 109
 3,566

Chapter 2: Of Archery and Dresses

Morning dawned at Crystal Prep, and it was a beautiful morning at that. The sun was shining, the temperature was just right, and students were milling about before the school day would start. For Twilight Sparkle, this was a perfect time to hop in and talk for a bit with her sister in law, Cadance.

Cadance had just become the school's principal recently, which is why Twilight even attended the school. Almost every morning, she would come in to her office to find Twilight waiting there to talk with her, and this morning was no different.

Twilight lit up as soon as she saw the principal walk in. "Cadance!"

"Oh Twilight, don't you have anything better to do than come in my office every morning?" Said Cadance, smiling as she came over to where Twilight was waiting, while putting down her stuff.

The two girls then proceeded to do their song. "Sunshine, sunshine, ladybugs awake. Clap your hands and do a little shake!" Cadance had taught it to Twilight when she was really young, and it had carried on all these years as their own special greeting, shared with nobody else but them.

"How's your morning been Twilight?" asked Cadance, setting up a bit of stuff in her office.

"It was great." Twilight said, quickly answering. "Anyway, Cady, just wondering, do you happen to know anything about Canterlot High?" Twilight asked, eager to get some answers about the school.

"The school that we're versing for the Friendship Games?" Cadence thought for a second and tried to remember anything about the school. "Yes, I know a bit about them. Why do you ask?" Normally Twilight had a weird reason for some of her doings.

Twilight scratched her head, trying to avoid the answer. "Well, you see-" Luckily she was quickly cut off by a knock on the door, as two girls entered.

Twilight recognized them as a couple of the five girls that she would sometimes see at school. Their names were Indigo Zap, Sugar Coat, Lemon Zest, Sour Sweet, and.... Twilight had forgotten the last girl's name. All she could remember is that it had something to do with the sun. Sunny Blare? No. Wait, was it Sunny Faire?

"Hi, I'm Sunny Flare," The girl said as she and her friend walked into the office. She had pink and purple hair, blue skin, and pink eyes.

Twilight jumped a little at this, as it almost was as if the girl had read her mind.

The girl that was with her spoke up. "Well Principal Cadance, we-" she finally acknowledged Twilight and waved "Oh hi Twilight. Um anyways, we were just wondering if we could sign up for the events from the Friendship Games right now."

This girl Twilight remembered the name of. It was Sour Sweet, with her yellow skin and vibrant pink and blue hair which was almost always kept up into some hairdo. Today it seemed to be braided buns.

"Of course girls," Cadance smiled and went over to get the sign-up sheets for the games. "Here they are. We've added a few new events this year, just for the tenth-anniversary special."

"Yeah, and the tenth in a row winning streak for us," Sunny Flare laughed confidently as she and Sour picked up the sheets to take a look at them. This year, it seemed that they had added a few new sports, including motocross, roller-skating, and archery. Sour Sweet was good at archery, and Sunny was good at roller-skating, so this year had already looked great for them.

Cadance noticed that Twilight was just sitting there, not interacting with either of the girls, so she handed her a sheet too. "Here Twilight, why don't you look at something you might like? You know, just to do something different for once?"

"Well, I guess I could try archery if you want me to. Shining taught it to me way back when I was young, so I might be able to get back into it," she said, with a little bit of uncertainty in her voice.

"Actually Twilight Sparkle, I could show you how to do archery if you want me to," offered Sour Sweet.

"She's pretty good, you'll learn a lot from her," Sunny Flare said, complimenting Sour. "So, are you in or not?" Sunny Flare asked, trying to get Twilight to take the offer.

Twilight weighed her options. On one hand, she could not do it, and continue with her everyday life as normal. But, on the other hand, she could do it and potentially make friends with these girls and help the school in the games. She could also find out more about CHS by participating in the event.

"Fine. Sure, I'll do it." Twilight smiled, eliciting a small cheer from the girls. "Now, is there an instruction manual you want me to read, or something that I should research?"

This comment made Sunny Flare laugh a bit. "No books for you nerd. Just come with us. We should give these to the rest of the group later at lunch." She said as she picked up a few more sign up sheets and began to walk out the door.

"I'll see you after school Twilight," Cadance waved goodbye.

"Bye, Cadance!" Twilight said, still lingering in the office for a bit, to be pulled out by Sunny Flare.

Just then, the bell rang. Students started filling the halls, chatting and getting to their lockers. This left the hallway crowded, and the conversation had to be ended quickly before they were trampled or separated.

"Ok, so me and Sun here will see you at lunch in the cafeteria here okay?" Sour said as she started going away to her first class. "Remember, don't be late!"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Soon enough, it was lunch time at Crystal Prep. Hungry students were waiting to be served whatever food the lunch lady had provided for them today. Twilight sometimes wondered what the food was actually made of sometimes.

Today they were serving either a glob of mystery meat, which Twilight deemed too suspicious, or a fruit salad which looked pretty passable as everyday food. Taking the much more cautious and safe option, she took the fruit salad and headed off to where she said that she would meet the rest of the girls at.

When Twilight got there, she sat down next to who she thought was Lemon Zest, because of her yellow and green hair. She was staring of into space, daydreaming. The rest of the girls looked like they were doing some sort of shopping it seemed, because they were looking at some sort of dress on Lemon's phone.

"Hello?" Twilight asked, though the girls were still concentrating on the phone. "I'm here?" she half asked, wondering if any of them even noticed her.

A blue head looked up at her, Indigo Zap. "Your archery student is here," she said to Sour, examining Twilight closely. "But are you sure that it's her? She looks too-"

"-Oh hi Twilight, didn't see you there!" said Sour Sweet, cutting off Indigo Zap before she could say anything that she would regret.

"So we meet again." Said Sunny, greeting Twilight as well. She tapped Lemon Zest on the shoulder, seemingly waking her up from a daydream.

"Yes, Sugar Coat, I -" Lemon Zest finally woke up from her daydream. "Umm, I didn't say anything?" she said, trying to look as innocent as she could.

Sugar Coat looked up at the mention of her name and sighed. "I'm not even going to ask why I was in your dream because I do not want to know," said Sugar, making Lemon more embarrassed.

"Anyway, Twilight, meet the team," said Sunny Flare as she stood up and introduced everybody. "This is Lemon Zest," she said, pointing to the girl with yellow and green hair with pink skin. "This is Indigo Zap," pointing to the girl with gold hair and blue skin. "And this is Sugar Coat," gesturing towards the last remaining girl, with light blue hair and blue skin.

"And yes, I am going to teach Twilight Sparkle here archery for the Friendship Games." Sour Sweet smiled as she pulled out her bow from her backpack. "Also, Principal Cadance is letting whoever is participating in the games have last period to practice."

"Great then we can get started," said Twilight, now actually kind of excited about this archery thing. "So, what sports are you girls doing?" she asked the rest of them, who had their sign up sheets in front of them.

"Lemon Zest and I are doing roller-skating," said Sunny Flare.

"And Indigo Zap and I are going to do motocross this year," said Sugar Coat. "Though, I still wonder how that one was approved for a school games event."

"Well whatever event it is, I'm sure that we will be able to win it too." said Sunny Flare, doing a dramatic pose of triumph.

Everyone could agree on that one. Motocross was a dangerous sport, at least for a school event with no professionals. But still it provided another event for the Shadowcolts to win at, which everyone seemed so focused on, winning.

"That's good, I was worried we would lose," said Indigo Zap sarcastically, which triggered a laugh from the rest of the girls.

"That's the other thing about this place Twilight. Us Shadowcolts always win. And this year will be no different, right girls?" Said Sunny Flare.

"Right!" The five girls cheered back. actually, it was only four girls, as Lemon Zest seemed to be in her own world on her phone, looking at something.

Seeing that Twilight was looking at her, Lemon handed the yellow phone to Twilight, who simply looked confused as to what was going on. "What is it?" Lemon asked Twilight, just making her more confused.

"It's just a dress," Twilight said. She looked around the table, as the girls started giggling at her. "Is this some kind of joke? Because I don't get it."

"No, but what color is it Twilight?" Sugar Coat asked, leaning in to hear her answer.

This seemed like a stupid question to Twilight. Why would someone ask her what color a dress was? Still, it seemed like they wanted to hear an answer from her, so she said the color.

"Simple, it's white and gold."

Author's Note:

Yay new chapter!

This was really fun to write the Shadowbolts crew, as they didn't really have any limits and I could imagine their personalities as I wanted. Hopefully that showed in my work this time.

I'll be going to Florida tomorrow for a week, so expect no new updates from now until next Wednesday, because I'll be hanging out with Mickey Mouse instead.

Oh and it's Black and Blue :pinkiecrazy: